01. Doctor Overview
Dr. Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo completed his medical degree at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine before moving onto residency and fellowship at the University Hospital of Puerto Rico and the University of Puerto Rico, respectively. He went on to an additional fellowship at the University of Alabama Birmingham before going into practice. He actively participates in clinical research and holds 16 active private grants, with funding expected to continue through 2020.
Dr. Robert-Vizcarrondo has published multiple peer-reviewed articles in the fields of lung cancer and mesothelioma research, one of which has been cited an impressive 419 times since 2017. He currently serves as the Chief of Hematology/Oncology at the Birmingham VA Hospital.
02. Fast Facts
Doctor Fast Facts
Main Specialty: Oncology, Hematology
Certifications, Awards & Accolades: Castle Connolly’s Top Doctor Award, American Board of Internal Medicine Certifications in Hematology, Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine
Education & Experience:
- Clinical Fellowship in Oncology at American Cancer Society, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Research Fellowship in Cancer at U.S. Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Residency in Internal Medicine at University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- Medical Degree from University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
An innovative, multi-arm, complete phase 1b study of the novel anti-cancer agent tasisulam in patients with advanced solid tumors. Investigational New Drugs. February 2015;33(1):148-58. doi: 10.1007/s10637-014-0160-z
04. Mesothelioma Clinical Trials
Mesothelioma Clinical Trials by Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo, M.D.
Dr. Robert-Vizcarrondo is associated with the following clinical trials: