Affiliated Treatment Facilities
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Division of Thoracic Surgery
330 Brookline Avenue, Shapiro 9
Boston, MA 02215
01. Doctor Overview
Dr. Michael S. Kent is the director of minimally invasive thoracic surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Kent is also an assistant professor of surgery at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Kent earned his medical degree from George Washinton University School of Medicine in 1997 and is board-certified in thoracic surgery. Dr. Kent also completed his fellowship in minimally invasive thoracic surgery, as well as his residency in cardiothoracic surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Dr. Kent’s research includes finding new and high-quality methods of care in the area of thoracic surgery.
02. Fast Facts
Doctor Fast Facts
Main Specialty: Thoracic Surgery
Other Interests & Specialties: Minimally invasive surgeries for benign and malignant esophageal diseases and cardiac and thoracic surgeries for treatment of chest and heart diseases.
Certifications, Awards & Accolades: American Board of Surgery Board Certification and American Board of Thoracic Surgery Board Certification, American Chemical Society Fellow
Education & Experience:
- Medical Degree from George Washington University School of Medicine
- Internship for surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell Campus)
- Residencies in Surgery and Neurological Surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell Campus)
- Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center