Newark was incorporated as a city in 1836. By that time, Newark was already producing malleable iron and patent leather. The arrival of railroads in 1834 led to a further increase in shipping and industrialization. In 1872, John Wesley Hyatt invented Celluloid, an early plastic, and formed the Celluloid Manufacturing Company to make and distribute his invention. Celluloid was used in a wide variety of objects, from hair combs and children’s toys to carriages and dentures. The company merged with Celanese Corporation in 1941, and ceased producing celluloid in 1950. Edward Weston founded the Weston Electrical Instrument Corporation in 1889, manufacturing electrical metering equipment until 1974. Weston made several advances in commercial arc lighting, and another of his companies, Weston Electric Light Company, provided the lighting system for the Brooklyn Bridge in 1883. After World War II, declining manufacturing, urban renewal and racial tensions contributed to a decline in Newark’s economy. Recent years have brought a new focus on tourism and cultural development projects such as the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
Newark’s diverse history of manufacturing and construction make asbestos exposure, and the risk of asbestos cancer, an ongoing concern for workers and their loved ones. For your convenience, we have listed mesothelioma experts located in or near Newark at the bottom of this page. Asbestos attorneys may also be able to assist you if you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos in Newark.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Exposure Sites in Newark, New Jersey
If you worked at any of these companies and/or job sites in Newark, New Jersey, you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma cancer.
Newark, New Jersey Companies With Known Asbestos Use
- A & P Bakery
- A. Gross and Company
- Allied Chemical
- Am Wood Fireproofing Company
- American Hair Felt Company
- American Insurance Company
- American Lumber & Treating Company
- American Smelting & Refining Company
- Arace Trailer
- Asbestos Workers Union – Local 32
- Asbestospray Corporation
- Ashland Chemical Company
- Atlantic Oil
- Baeder Adamson and Company
- Balbach Smelting and Refining Company
- Ballantine Brewing Company
- Bamberger Store
- Barrett and Company, Inc.
- Basf Plant
- Bayer Brothers Leather Company
- Benjamin Atha and Company
- Benjamin Moore & Company
- Bertin-Mason Company
- Bethlehem Steel Shipyard
- Blanchard Brothers and Lane
- Bonded Insulation & Aluminum
- Budweiser Brewery
- Butterworth Judson and Company
- C.B. Christiansen Company
- Celanese Chemical Company
- Celanese Corporation of America
- Celluloid Corp
- Central Commercial and Manual Training High School
- City Hospital
- Clark Mile End Spool Cotton Company
- Clark Thread Company
- Cloray N.J. Inc
- Colden Tannery
- Colonnade Apartments
- Consolidated Color and Chemical Company
- Consolidated Traction Company
- Cornwall Hospital
- Delaware Lackawanna and Western Rr Company
- Diamond Alkali Company
- Dixon Chemical & Research
- Domestic Sewing Machine Company
- Dr Abraham Coles
- Duranoid Manufacturing Company
- Duratex Company
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Eagle Pitcher Company
- Edison Lamp Works of General Electric Company
- Ellis Adding Typewriter Company
- Enigneering Development Center
- Enterprize Steel Fabricators
- Erie Lackawanna Railroad
- Ervington Varnish Company
- Essex Chemical Corporation
- Essex County Courthouse
- Essex County Vocational School
- Essex Station
- Express Container
- F P Howell and Company
- Fed Met Refractories
- Federal Office Building
- Federal Shipbuilding & Drydock Company
- Federal Shipyard
- Federal Transportation
- Firemens Insurance Company
- Fisher Baking Company
- Foster Engineering Company
- Francis I Peckham
- Frontier Chemical Company
- General Electric Company
- General Electric Lamp Works
- General Phonograph Corp
- Gittlin Bag Company, Inc.
- Goldsmith Leather Company
- Good Brothers Leather Company
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
- Gould and Eberhardt
- Graphic Building Corporation
- Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc.
- Gulf & Western
- H J Hoerner and Sons
- H.K. Porter
- Hahne and Company Department Store
- Halcon International
- Hamburg Cordovan Leather Works
- Heller Brothers Company
- Heller Merz Company
- Hensler Brewing Company
- High Street Realty Company
- Hoffman Beverage Company
- Hospital For St. Barnabas and For Women and Children
- Hotel Lahore
- Hudson County Mental Hospital
- Hudson Generating Station
- Hudson Oil Company Inc
- Inland Chemical Company
- Interchemical Corp
- International Telephone
- Ironbound Laundry Company
- Isbell Porter Company
- J.H. Ladew Company
- Jas.A. Banister Company
- Jh France Refractories
- Jim Rogers Construction
- John D Cutter and Company
- John Gilber Plumbing
- John L Reid
- Kane Acoustical Company
- Keystone Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
- Kolker Chemical Works
- Krueger Hygiene Ice Company
- L R Metal Treating Corp
- L. Bamberger and Company
- L. S. Plaut Company
- L.E. Waterman Company Fountain Pens
- Lea Fabrics Company
- Lederle Labs
- Lewis Brothers
- Lister Agricultural Chemical Company
- Ludens Candy
- Lyon and Sons Brewing Company
- Maas and Waldstein Company
- Manhattan Welding, Incorporated
- Market Street Gas Works
- Martland Medical Center
- Max Hertz Leather Company
- Medical Center
- Meeker Foundry Company
- Merchants Refrigerating Company
- Meter Div Westing House Electric Corporation
- Military Park Underground Garage
- Military Plaza Hotel
- Mohawk Refining Corporation
- Moldcast Products Company
- Morristown Memorial Hosp.
- Mountain Ice Company
- Muncie Oil & Coal Company
- Mutual Benefit Building
- Mutual Benefit Life Insurance Company
- N J Wood Vulcanizing Company
- National Metallargic Company
- National Metalling Company
- National Newark and Essex Building. Corp
- New Jersey Bell Telephone Building
- New Jersey Zinc Company
- New York Plow Company
- New York Quinine
- Newark Airport
- Newark Bay Cogeneration
- Newark Bay Holdings
- Newark City Hospital
- Newark Parafin and Paper Company
- Newark Processing Company
- Newark State School
- Newark Works
- North Jersey St Railway Company
- Nyack Hospital
- Old Center Market Building
- Organie Salt and Acid Company
- Otto Heineman Phonograph Supply Company
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation
- Owens‐Corning Supply Corporation
- P. Ballantine & Sons
- P.S. Gas Plant
- Pabst Brewery
- Passaic County Sewage Plant
- Passaic Valley Sewage
- Pennsylvania Railroad Company
- Perfect Laundry Company
- Pipe & Tube Bending Corporation of America
- Pitt Consul. Chemical Company
- Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company
- Port Authority Trucking Terminal
- Port Newark
- Porter Hayden
- Powerhouse-Essex Station
- Prudential Building
- Prudential Insurance Company of America
- Prudential Life Insurance Company
- Public Service Corp of N.J.
- Public Service Electric and Gas Company
- Public Service Railway Company
- Pure Oil Company
- Reilly Tar & Chemical Company
- Richardson Factory
- Richardson Manufacturing Company
- Right Finishing Company
- Robert A. Keasbey Company
- Robinson Roders Company
- Roland I Hopper
- Rubberset Company
- Scheuer Building
- Schiffenhaus Packaging Corp
- Sherwin Williams Company
- Sid Harvey of N. J., Inc.
- Sommers Herman & Associates
- Splitdorf Electrical Company
- Sprayed Fireproofing Contracting
- Sprayon Insulation & Acoustic, Incorporated
- St. Barnabas Hospital For Women and Children
- St. James Hospital
- Standard Leather Company
- Standard Metal Manufacturing Company
- Stanley Tools
- Stanwood Rubber Company
- State Office Building
- Still House
- Storms Company
- Submarine Boat Corporation
- Supreme Heat Treat
- T P Howell and Company
- Tea Tray Company
- Thomasset Colors Div Sterling Drug Corp
- Tung Sol Electric Corporation
- Union Brewing Company of Newark
- United Gas Improvement Company
- United States Electric Lighting Company
- United States Industrial Alcohol Company
- Universal Caster and Foundry Company
- V J Hedden and Sons and Company
- Vulcan Materials Company
- Western Electric Light Company
- Western Electrical Instrument Company
- Westinghouse Electric Manufacturing Company
- Weston Electrical Instrument Company
- Wilbur B. Driver Company
- Woolsulate Corp
- Worthington-Gamon Meter Company
- Wyandotte Chemical
Contact a Mesothelioma Doctor near Newark, NJ
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma doctors located within a 100-mile radius of Newark, New Jersey. To view more information about the doctor’s background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations and office locations, please click on the doctor detail link provided.
Robert J. Cerfolio, M.D.
Harvey Pass, M.D.
Stephen C. Rush, M.D.
Daniel H. Sterman, M.D.
Raja M. Flores, M.D.
Andrea S. Wolf, M.D.
Emanuela Taioli, M.D.
John A. Chabot, M.D.
Roman Perez-Soler, M.D.
Jyoti Malhotra, M.D.
Bruce G. Haffty, M.D.
H. Richard Alexander, Jr., M.D.
Shahriyour Andaz, M.D.
John D. Allendorf, M.D.
Tracey L. Weigel, M.D.
Larry R. Kaiser, M.D.
Cherie P. Erkmen, M.D.
Joel D. Cooper, M.D.
Sunil Singhal, M.D.
Steven M. Albelda, M.D.
Carrie A. Redlich, M.D.
Frank C. Detterbeck, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Newark, New Jersey Mesothelioma Cancer Centers
If you need help getting an accurate diagnosis or developing a treatment plan, the following mesothelioma cancers near Newark, New Jersey have the resources available to assist you. More detailed information about each cancer center is available by clicking on the appropriate cancer center detail link.
NYU Langone Medical Center
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
NY-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
Albert Einstein Cancer Center
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia
Temple Lung Center
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
The Wistar Institute Cancer Center
Yale Cancer Center
Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven
04. Support Services
Locate Cancer Support Services Near Newark
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma.
New Jersey Treatment Support Services
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey
- Connecticut Counseling Services
- Connecticut Counseling Services
- Ann’s Place
- Catholic Charities – New Jersey
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Short Term Rentals NYC
- Atria Stratford
- Extended Stay America
- Hosts for Hospitals
- Flats at 390
- Ronald McDonald House of Delaware
- Honest Medical Transportation
- Golden Medical Transportation LLC
- Dash Xpress
- Alliance Medical Services LLC
- Sweetheart Transportation Service
- Connecticut Transportation Solutions
- Whitehall Medical Transport Services
- Life Alliance
- Elite Physical Therapy
- Liberty Physical Therapy PC
- Pact Physical Therapy
- Brunswick Health & Physical Therapy Center
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center
- Griffin Hospital
- Gaylord Physical Therapy, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Newark, New Jersey
If you were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Newark, New Jersey and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit to hold those responsible accountable. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of New Jersey.
06. Law Firms
Mesothelioma Law Firms Servicing Newark, New Jersey
At Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C., our attorneys provide dedicated legal help to those affected by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. We understand the impacts a diagnosis can have, both on your physical health and on your family’s financial security.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
For over 30 years, the New York based mesothelioma attorneys at Levy Konigsberg LLP have been recognized by clients and other lawyers alike as the “right attorneys” for the legal needs of mesothelioma victims across the United States.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.