The construction of the railroad in the 1800s was probably the single greatest factor in the development of Reading. Eventually, the declining coal shipping revenues and strict government regulations would force the Reading Company to file for bankruptcy in 1971 and sell its interests to the newly formed Consolidated Railroad Corporation (Conrail) in 1976. During the early 1900s, the city experienced a burgeoning automobile industry. The city’s growth continued through the 1930s. From the 1940s to the 1970s, however, the city witnessed a drastic decline in prosperity, generally due to the demise of the heavy industry and railroads, and a general movement toward the suburbs. Today, agriculture is a major industry for Reading as well as other cities in Berks County.
Over the years, asbestos-containing products were commonly used in industrial and manufacturing sites such as those found in Reading, Pennsylvania. Individuals who worked with and/or around asbestos may be at risk to developing mesothelioma, a potentially terminal cancer. We provide information about mesothelioma treatment options in and around Reading at the bottom of this page. If you were diagnosed with mesothelioma in Reading, you may benefit from seeking the advice of a mesothelioma lawyer.
01. Exposure Sites
Asbestos Exposure at Jobsites in Reading
Mesothelioma.com has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Reading where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Reading, Pennsylvania Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A T & T Company
- A. Wilhelm Company
- Acme Markets Warehouse
- Albright College
- American Chain & Cable
- Beryllium Corporation
- Bureau of Water Department of Parks and Public Property
- Carpenter Steel Company
- Colonial Berks Real Estate
- Colonial Trust Company
- Consumers Gas Company
- Cooperative Power Plant
- Dana Corporation
- East Penn Refractories Company
- Eastern Industrial Insulation
- Eisenhower Apartments
- Federal Paper Board Company Inc.
- Frantz Heating & Roof Company
- Georgia Pacific Pulp & Paper
- Gilbert Associates, Inc.
- Hendel Hat Company
- Hopper Paper Company
- House of Good Shepard
- J H Sternbergh and Son
- John A. Rigg
- Karl Lieberknecht Inc.
- Kawecki Chemical Company
- L.J. Land Inc
- Louis Kraemer and Company
- Lucent Technologoes
- Metropolitan Edison Company
- Metropolitan Electric Company
- Orr & Sembower Inc
- Parish Div. Dana
- Paul B. Hendel & Company
- Penn Hardware Company
- Penn Optical
- Penna Hardward Company
- Pennsylvania Railroad Company
- Philadelphia and Reading Railroad Company
- Philadelphia and Reading Railway
- Prestolite Battery
- Reading Company
- Reading Hospital
- Reading Iron Company
- Reading Iron Works
- Reading Metals Refining Company
- Reading Railroad
- Reading Rehabilitation Hospital
- Reading Shale Brick Company
- Reading Transport
- Reading Tube Corp
- Reading Tube Division
- Reading Water Works
- Reading Whitehall Paperwork
- Rockwell Industries
- Sears Roebuck Store
- St. Joseph’s Hospital
- Temple Iron Company
- Textile Machine Works
- Titus Powerhouse
- Us Army Reserve Center
- W H Luden
- W. J. Hollis
- Western Electric Company Inc.
- Willson Products Division
- Wilson Safety Products
- Zack Industries
Reading, Pennsylvania Mesothelioma Doctors
We have gathered below a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Reading, Pennsylvania. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, and office locations.
Joel D. Cooper, M.D.
Sunil Singhal, M.D.
Steven M. Albelda, M.D.
Larry R. Kaiser, M.D.
Cherie P. Erkmen, M.D.
Charles R. Mulligan, Jr., M.D.
Gregory A. Masters, M.D.
Jyoti Malhotra, M.D.
Bruce G. Haffty, M.D.
H. Richard Alexander, Jr., M.D.
Patrick Forde, M.D.
Joseph S. Friedberg, M.D.
Petr F. Hausner, M.D.
Julie Renee Brahmer, M.D.
Stephen C. Yang, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Locate a Cancer Center near Reading, Pennsylvania
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma cancer centers within a 100-mile radius of Reading, Pennsylvania. Click on a specific cancer center link to obtain more information about the clinical programs offered, affiliated mesothelioma doctors and how to contact the cancer center.
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
The Wistar Institute Cancer Center
Temple Lung Center
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
04. Support Services
Mesothelioma Patient Support Services near Reading
The following cancer support services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma. Support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling.
Pennsylvania Treatment Support Services
- Cancer Support Community Delaware
- Crozer Keystone Health System
- Christina Care Health System
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Look Good Feel Better, Multiple Locations
- Love in the Name of Christ
- Catholic Charities – New Jersey
- Medical Oncology Associates
- Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey
- American Cancer Society – Baltimore (MD) Office
- Hope Lodge
- Hosts for Hospitals
- Ronald McDonald House of Delaware
- Pettinaro Residential Housing
- Extended Stay America
- American Cancer Society -Hope Lodge – Baltimore
- Whitehall Medical Transport Services
- STAT Medical Transport
- R.N.R Transportation
- Life Alliance
- Generations Home Care
- Jean Birch Senior Center
- Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation Grant Program, Mercy Medical Center
- MTA Mobility Paratransit
- Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation Grant Program, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Honest Medical Transportation
- Road to Recovery, American Cancer Society – Maryland
- Alliance Medical Services LLC
- University of Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic
- Brunswick Health & Physical Therapy Center
- Elite Physical Therapy
- Penn Medicine Cancer Rehabilitation
(Philadelphia, West Chester, Lancaster)
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- PinnacleHealth Cancer Rehabilitation and Lymphedema Services
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Reading, Pennsylvania
Don’t lose your right to file a mesothelioma claim. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos in Reading, Pennsylvania, you may be entitled to compensation. You must file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Pennsylvania.
06. Law Firms
Mesothelioma Law Firms Servicing Reading, Pennsylvania
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
If you are looking for an expert asbestos exposure and mesothelioma attorney, look no further than Shein Law. With offices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, a mesothelioma attorney from our legal team will fight for clients’ rights in order to achieve justice.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.