Maryland Mesothelioma Statistics
779 mesothelioma deaths (1999 – 2015)
207 asbestosis deaths (1999 – 2015)
986 total deaths (1999 – 2015)
02. Cancer Centers
Maryland Mesothelioma Cancer Centers
The following mesothelioma cancer centers are located in the state of Maryland. These cancer centers are equipped to deliver quality mesothelioma cancer treatment. Click on a specific cancer center link to get more in depth information.
Maryland Mesothelioma Cancer Clinics
National Cancer Institute
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find a Mesothelioma Doctor in Maryland
The following mesothelioma doctors are located and practice in the state of Maryland. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations, and office locations.
Maryland Mesothelioma Doctors
Julie Renee Brahmer, M.D.
Patrick Forde, M.D.
Joseph S. Friedberg, M.D.
Raffit Hassan, M.D.
Petr F. Hausner, M.D.
Christine L. Lau, M.D.
Stephen C. Yang, M.D.
It is not uncommon for patients to travel outside of their current states to meet with top oncologists and thoracic surgeons across the country. These mesothelioma experts usually have a particular focus within their practice.
Resources for Mesothelioma Patients
04. Clinical Trials
Mesothelioma Clinical Trials in Maryland
The following clinical trials are in progress or actively recruiting participants in the state of Maryland:
Conditions: Carcinoma, Neoplasms, Carcinoma, Squamous Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Neoplasms, Germ Cell and Embryonal, Mesothelioma, Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, Cholangiocarcinoma, Carcinoma, Basal Cell, Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors, Carcinoid Tumor, Carcinoma, Transitional Cell, Carcinoma, Adenoid Cystic, Teratoma, Adenocarcinoma of Lung, Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine, Pheochromocytoma, Seminoma, Choriocarcinoma, Cystadenocarcinoma, Serous, Carcinoma, Endometrioid, Cystadenocarcinoma, Paraganglioma, Chordoma, Hemangiosarcoma, Fibromatosis, Aggressive, Adenocarcinoma, Clear Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Mucinous, Trophoblastic Neoplasms, Nerve Sheath Neoplasms, Gestational Trophoblastic Disease, Neurofibrosarcoma, Thyroid Neoplasms, Fibroma, Cystadenocarcinoma, Mucinous, Pseudomyxoma Peritonei, Vulvar Neoplasms, Adrenocortical Carcinoma, Sex Cord-Gonadal Stromal Tumors, Carcinoma, Islet Cell, Paget Disease, Extramammary, Adenocarcinoma, Papillary, Carcinoma, Acinar Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Bronchiolo-Alveolar, Neoplasms, Unknown Primary, Mixed Tumor, Mullerian, Carcinoma, Giant Cell
Last Updated: June 30, 2021
Testing the Addition of an Anti-cancer Drug, BAY 1895344, to the Usual Chemotherapy Treatment (Cisplatin, or Cisplatin and Gemcitabine) for Advanced Solid Tumors With Emphasis on Urothelial Cancer
Conditions: Carcinoma, Breast Neoplasms, Lung Neoplasms, Ovarian Neoplasms, Carcinoma, Ovarian Epithelial, Stomach Neoplasms, Uterine Cervical Neoplasms, Mesothelioma, Carcinoma, Transitional Cell, Endometrial Neoplasms, Bile Duct Neoplasms, Cholangiocarcinoma, Esophageal Neoplasms, Carcinoma, Non-Small-Cell Lung, Carcinoma, Small Cell, Small Cell Lung Carcinoma, Penile Neoplasms
Last Updated: June 29, 2021
Locations: Sacramento, CA. Bethesda, MD. Bethesda, MD. Columbus, OH. Pittsburgh, PA. Madison, WI.
Conditions: Lung Neoplasms, Carcinoma, Non-Small-Cell Lung, Mesothelioma, Cholangiocarcinoma
Last Updated: June 28, 2021
Locations: San Francisco, CA. Bethesda, MD. New York, NY. Philadelphia, PA. Nashville, TN. Houston, TX.
Pembrolizumab With or Without Anetumab Ravtansine in Treating Patients With Mesothelin-Positive Pleural Mesothelioma
Last Updated: June 26, 2021
Locations: Birmingham, AL. Phoenix, AZ. Scottsdale, AZ. Duarte, CA. La Jolla, CA. Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles, CA. Newport Beach, CA. Aurora, CO. Aventura, FL. Coral Gables, FL. Deerfield Beach, FL. Jacksonville, FL. Miami, FL. Plantation, FL. Chicago, IL. Chicago, IL. Lexington, KY. Baltimore, MD. Baltimore, MD. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. Rochester, MN. Creve Coeur, MO. Saint Louis, MO. Saint Louis, MO. Saint Peters, MO. Durham, NC. Pittsburgh, PA. Dallas, TX. Salt Lake City, UT.
Study of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) in Participants With Advanced Solid Tumors (MK-3475-158/KEYNOTE-158)
Conditions: Carcinoma, Neoplasms, Small Cell Lung Carcinoma, Endometrial Neoplasms, Thyroid Neoplasms, Mesothelioma, Neuroendocrine Tumors, Cholangiocarcinoma, Colorectal Neoplasms, Salivary Gland Neoplasms, Carcinoid Tumor, Anus Neoplasms, Bile Duct Neoplasms, Vulvar Neoplasms, Thyroid Diseases
Last Updated: June 23, 2021
Locations: Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles, CA. Orlando, FL. Baltimore, MD. Rockville, MD. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. New Brunswick, NJ. Houston, TX.
05. Support Services
Find Cancer Support Services in Maryland
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services in Maryland for your convenience.
Maryland Treatment Support Services
Counseling & Support Groups
- Look Good Feel Better, Saint Agnes Hospital(Baltimore)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better, Cancer Institute at Saint Joseph Medical Center(Towson)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better, Medstar Health Cancer Center at Bel Air(Bel Air)800-227-2345
- American Cancer Society – Saint Agnes Hospital(Baltimore)888-227-6333
- Look Good Feel Better, Onsite Registration – Northwest Hospital Center(Randallstown)800-227-2345
- American Cancer Society – Mercy Medical Center Institute for Cancer Care(Baltimore)888-227-6333
- Look Good Feel Better, Hopewell Cancer Support(Lutherville Timonium)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better, Sinai Hospital(Baltimore)800-227-2345
- Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish(Crofton)410-721-5770
- Look Good Feel Better, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center(Baltimore)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better, Union Hospital Cancer Resource Center(Elkton)800-227-2345
- American Cancer Society – Baltimore (MD) Office(Baltimore)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better, American Cancer Society Baltimore Hope Lodge(Baltimore)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better, Mercy Medical Center(Baltimore)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better, Greater Baltimore Medical Center(Towson)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better, Upper Chesapeake Health System Inc(Bel Air)800-515-0044
- Look Good Feel Better, Baltimore Washington Medical Center(Glen Burnie)800-227-2345
- American Cancer Society -Hope Lodge – Baltimore(Baltimore)410-547-2522
- Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation Grant Program, Johns Hopkins Hospital(Baltimore)410-955-2585
- Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation Grant Program, Mercy Medical Center(Baltimore)410-332-9000
- MTA Mobility Paratransit(Baltimore)410-764-8181
- Road to Recovery, American Cancer Society – Maryland(Laurel)800-227-2345