Lancaster’s main industries include healthcare, tourism, manufacturing, and professional services, and it is home to the Park City Center, the largest enclosed shopping center in south-central Pennsylvania. Currently, top employers in the city include Lancaster General Hospital, County of Lancaster, Armstrong World Industries and Turkey Hill. In recent years, Lancaster has been in the process of recreating itself with an explosion of specialty shops, boutiques, bars, clubs, and reinvestment in downtown institutions and locations.
We have confirmed that Lancaster has many jobsites where asbestos materials were used on an ongoing basis for many years. Individuals who worked with and/or around asbestos-containing materials are at risk to develop mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer. Asbestos lawyers may also be able to assist you if you were exposed to asbestos in Lancaster.
01. Exposure Sites
Asbestos Exposure at Jobsites in Lancaster
Mesothelioma.com has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Lancaster where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Aluminum Company of America
- American Paper Products Company
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Armstrong World Industries
- Burle Industries Inc
- Carbon Malleable Company
- Citizens Electric Light Heat and Power Company
- City of Lancaster Pa Department of Water
- Closure Plant
- Conestoga Traction Company
- Consolidated Cigar Company
- Decorating & Display Studio
- Edison Electric Illuminating Company
- Everets and Overdeer
- Floor Plant Building 500
- Hamilton Watch Company
- Hess Department Store
- Hilton Hotel
- Host Motel
- Howe Sound Company
- Howmet Corporation
- I.T.T. Fluid Products
- John Tearney Heating & Plumbing
- Lancaster Closure Plant
- Lancaster Cork Works
- Lancaster County Railway and Light Company
- Lancaster Floor Plant
- Lancaster Mall Castings
- Lancaster Malleable Castings Company
- Lancaster Water Works
- National Borax Company
- New Air Cond System Closure Plant
- New Sr. High School
- Office & Whse. R. C. A.
- Park City Shops
- Penn Dairies
- Pennsylvania Iron Company
- Pennsylvania Power & Light Company
- Quaker State Metals Company
- R. C. A. Victor
- Radio Corp of America Tube Div
- Reese Metal Products Corp
- Research & Development Center
- Schick Inc.
- Smoketown Elementary School
- Sprenger Brewing Company
- Springs Cotton Mills
- Ss Bertz Whse
- St. James Episcopal Church
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Thaddeus Stevens Industrial School
- Wall & Shand, Duke and Vine Sts.
- William J. Mimm Lancaster Floor Plant
- Woolworth Building
- Ymca Building
Lancaster, Pennsylvania Mesothelioma Doctors
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma doctors located within a 100-mile radius of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. To view more information about the doctor’s background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations and office locations, please click on the doctor detail link provided.
Charles R. Mulligan, Jr., M.D.
Gregory A. Masters, M.D.
Patrick Forde, M.D.
Joseph S. Friedberg, M.D.
Petr F. Hausner, M.D.
Julie Renee Brahmer, M.D.
Stephen C. Yang, M.D.
Joel D. Cooper, M.D.
Sunil Singhal, M.D.
Steven M. Albelda, M.D.
Larry R. Kaiser, M.D.
Cherie P. Erkmen, M.D.
Raffit Hassan, M.D.
Paul H. Sugarbaker, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Locate a Cancer Center Near Lancaster, PA
We present below a list of mesothelioma cancer centers that are located within a 100-mile radius of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Click on a specific cancer center link to obtain more in-depth information about each one.
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
The Wistar Institute Cancer Center
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Temple Lung Center
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia
Fox Chase Cancer Center
National Cancer Institute
Washington Cancer Institute
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
04. Support Services
Mesothelioma Patient Support Services Near Lancaster
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma.
Pennsylvania Treatment Support Services
- Look Good Feel Better, Multiple Locations
- Cancer Support Community Delaware
- Love in the Name of Christ
- Christina Care Health System
- American Cancer Society – Baltimore (MD) Office
- Crozer Keystone Health System
- American Cancer Society – Mercy Medical Center Institute for Cancer Care
- American Cancer Society – Saint Agnes Hospital
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Hope Lodge
- Pettinaro Residential Housing
- Ronald McDonald House of Delaware
- American Cancer Society -Hope Lodge – Baltimore
- Hosts for Hospitals
- Extended Stay America
- Generations Home Care
- Jean Birch Senior Center
- STAT Medical Transport
- Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation Grant Program, Mercy Medical Center
- MTA Mobility Paratransit
- Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation Grant Program, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- R.N.R Transportation
- Whitehall Medical Transport Services
- Life Alliance
- University of Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic
- Pivot Physical Therapy
- Oncology Rehab and Wellness
- Penn Medicine Cancer Rehabilitation
(Philadelphia, West Chester, Lancaster)
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- PinnacleHealth Cancer Rehabilitation and Lymphedema Services
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Don’t lose your right to file a mesothelioma claim. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, you may be entitled to compensation. You must file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Pennsylvania.
06. Law Firms
Legal Help for Lancaster Residents with Mesothelioma
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
If you are looking for an expert asbestos exposure and mesothelioma attorney, look no further than Shein Law. With offices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, a mesothelioma attorney from our legal team will fight for clients’ rights in order to achieve justice.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.