By the turn of the 20th century Richmond was the most densely populated city in the southern United States, boasting a population of 85,000. The city was selected as the site of the Fifth District of the Federal Reserve Bank based on the city’s central geographic location and significance as a commercial and financial center. In 1929, Philip Morris and Company, Ltd. opened its first U.S. factory in Richmond, which helped boost local economy. Other companies followed in their footsteps, including the American Oil Company, Federal Paperboard Company, Inc, Porter Hayden, and Standard Paper Manufacturing Company. Currently, Richmond is home to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, one of thirteen U.S. courts of appeals, as well as international companies such as Genworth Financial and CapitalOne. Richmond is also a thriving educational community, housing both the University of Virginia and the University of Richmond within its borders.
We have confirmed that Richmond has numerous jobsites where asbestos products were used throughout the years. Individuals who worked with and/or around asbestos-containing materials are at risk to develop mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer. Asbestos lawyers may also be able to assist you if you were exposed to asbestos in Richmond.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Exposure Sites in Richmond, Virginia
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Richmond where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Richmond, Virginia Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A Lynn Thomas Company Inc
- A.D. Atkinson
- Abermarle Paper Company
- ACandS, Inc.
- Allied Chemical & Dye Corporation
- American Cigar Company
- American Oil Company
- American Suppliers Inc
- American Tobacco Company
- Atlantic Life Insurance
- Bandg Olsen Company, Inc.
- Bellwood Printing Plant
- British American Tobacco Company Ltd
- Byrd Airport
- C. E. Thurston & Sons, Inc.
- Calhoun Community Center
- Caraustar-Richmond Paperboard
- Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Company
- City of Richmond Electric Company
- Clark Gum Plant
- Commonwealth of Virginia Penitentiary
- Concrete Structures Inc
- Darbytown Road Plant
- Department of Public Utilites City of Richmond
- Diesel Public Housing Unit
- Dupont Rayon Company
- Dutch Gap Power Plant
- E.I. Dupont De Memours and Company
- Electrician’s Union – Local 666
- Engine Company North 13 Fire Station
- English Sam Inc
- Federal Paperboard Company, Inc
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Fibers Division
- Firestone Tire & Rubber Company
- First Baptist Church
- Flake Board Plant
- Frank H. Hott Company, Inc
- General Motors
- George H. Meyer & Sons
- Green Stemmery Plant
- Halifax Paper Company Inc
- High Point Ave Siding
- Highway Office Building Annex
- Hinde & Dauch Paper Company
- Hotel Richmond Corp
- Hull Street Mill
- J.R. Johnson and Company Inc
- Jos. Mcsweeney & Sons
- Kentucky Tobacco Product Company
- Kingan and Company, Limited
- Laidlow Mackill and Company
- Lea Industries, Inc.
- Libbie Rehabilitation Center
- Liggett and Myers Tobacco Company
- M W Cosby Transfer & Storage
- Manchester Board & Paper Company
- Mc Graw Morgan Inc
- Mead Corp
- Medical College of Virginia
- Medical Education Building
- Morrison Mchy Supply Company
- Mutual Association. Scty Building
- National Linen Service Corp
- O’Ferral, Incorporated
- Old Dominion Iron and Nail Works Company
- Old Hickory Chemical Company
- Philip Morris and Company, Ltd.
- Porter Hayden
- Portsmouth Power Station
- Process Engineering Inc
- Prudential Life Ins. Company
- Redford Brick Company
- Research Center
- Reynolds Metals Company
- Reynolds Office Building
- Reynolds Painting Plant
- Richmond and Henrico Railway Company
- Richmond Cedar Works
- Richmond City Water Works
- Richmond Cold Storage Company
- Richmond Greyhound Terminal
- Richmond Henrico Railway Company
- Richmond Leaf Department
- Richmond Loco and Mach Works
- Richmond Memorial Hospital
- Richmond Paperboard
- Richmond Passenger and Power Company
- Richmond Terminal Railway Company
- Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac Railroad Company
- Riverside Hospital
- Safety Health & Welfare Building
- Sam English, Inc.
- Southern Plumbing and Electric Company
- Spruance Plant
- St. Mary’s Hospital
- Standard Oil Building
- Standard Paper Manufacturing Company
- State Office Building
- State Planters Bank
- Stockton Street Plant
- Synthesis Gas Plant
- Texas Gulf Sulphur
- Textile Fibers Plant
- Tredegar Company
- U.S. Post Office
- Union Bag Camp Paper Corporation
- United States Tobacco Company
- University of Richmond
- University of Va Hospital
- University of Virginia
- Us Naval Training School
- Vepco Power Station 5
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Electric & Power Company
- Virginia Electric Railway and Development Company
- Virginia Equipment and Supply Company
- Virginia Institute For Scientific Research
- Virginia Passenger and Power Company
- Virginia Power & Electric
- Virginia Railway and Power Company
- Virginia State Library
- W S Forbes and Company
- Webb Chemical Company
- West Virginia Pulp & Paper Company
- Westvaco Corporation
- Winco Ellitt Crump Company
Contact a Mesothelioma Doctor near Richmond
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Richmond, Virginia. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, office locations and contact information.
Ryan Gentzler, M.D.
Christine L. Lau, M.D.
Paul H. Sugarbaker, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Find a Cancer Center near Richmond, Virginia
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma cancer centers located within a 100-mile radius of Richmond, Virginia. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more detailed information about the resources available at each one.
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Virginia Health System
Virginia Oncology Associates
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
Washington Cancer Institute
04. Support Services
Locate Cancer Support Services Near Richmond
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services near Richmond, Virginia for your convenience.
Virginia Treatment Support Services
- Riverside Cancer Care Center
- University of Virginia
- University of Virginia Hospitality Housing
- Delta Medical Transport
- Priority Patient Transport
- VCU Massey Cancer Center
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Richmond, Virginia
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Richmond, Virginia, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a claim. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Virginia.
06. Law Firms
Lawyers for Richmond Residents with Mesothelioma
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.
Simon Greenstone Panatier, PC Our is comprised of experienced trial attorneys who possess knowledge and familiarity with asbestos-related diseases. We believe that those injured by careless asbestos exposure have the right to fair recompense for their suffering, and we are committed to holding the reckless companies responsible.