European explorers arrived in the Syracuse area with Samuel Champlain in 1615, but the area was not settled until the early 18th century. In 1788, as part of the Treaty of Fort Stanwix which ended the French and Indian war, a large area of the Onondaga Salt Springs Reservation was transferred to the Europeans settlers for salt production. After the War of 1812 and the opening of the Erie Canal, the salt industry expanded rapidly. Syracuse was named in 1819, and until 1900 was the chief producer of salt in the United States. Syracuse became a transportation hub, and other industries followed. German immigrants made Syracuse a major beer brewing locale, beginning in 1860. The Will and Baumer Candle Company has produced candles since its founding in 1855, to such notable customers as the Vatican. World War II brought a second industrial expansion, with companies such as Carrier Corporation, Crouse Hinds, General Motors, Chrysler and General Electric having substantial manufacturing operations in Syracuse. Manufacturing began to decline in the 1970s, and many of these companies have left Syracuse. Smaller, more diverse businesses in the education and service industries account for much of the economic base, with top employers including Crouse Hospital, Lockheed Martin Corporation, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Syracuse’s rich legacy of industrial activity and construction place it in a high-risk category for asbestos exposure. We have identified numerous jobsites where asbestos exposure has occurred. For your convenience, we have listed mesothelioma cancer centers located in or near Syracuse at the bottom of this page. Mesothelioma lawyers may also be able to assist you if you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos in Syracuse.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Exposure Sites in Syracuse, New York
Mesothelioma.com has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Syracuse where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Syracuse, New York Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- ACandS, Inc.
- Allied Chemical & Dye Company
- Angf, Hancock Field
- Brighton Towers
- Bristol Laboratories
- Brown Lipe and Chapin Company
- Brown Lipe Chapin Div Gmc
- Brown Lipe Company Gear Company
- Brown Lipe Gear Company
- Burns Lyman Smith
- C.G. Brown Furniture Company
- Carrier Corporation
- Carrier Corporation
- Carrier Tower
- Central City Roofing
- Central New York Power Corporation
- Central New York Psychiatric Center
- Chapman Branch
- Chrysler Corp
- Church and Company
- Church and Dwight Company Inc
- City Hall
- College of Forestry
- Colt Industries
- Community Hospital
- Continental Can Company
- Crouse Hinds Company
- Crouse Irving Hospital
- Crucible Steel Company of America
- D. L. and W. Railroad
- Delaware Railroad
- Denton Refractory Service
- Denton Rj Company
- Dey Brothers and Company
- E L Stearns and Company
- E. W. Edwards & Son
- Eastbourne Drive Office
- Easy Washing Machine Corporation
- Edward Joy Company
- Electronics Park
- Erie Lackawanna Railroad
- Franklin Automobile Works
- Franklin Engine Company Subsidiary of Aero Industries Inc
- Frazer Jones Company
- General Electric Company
- General Electric Electronics Park
- General Motors Corporation
- Globe Malleable Iron and Steel Company
- Green Hill Shopping Center
- Grossman’s of New York
- Groton School
- H.H. Franklin Manufacturing Company
- Halcomb Steel Company
- Hancock Air Force Base
- Henderson‐Johnson Company
- Hess Oil Company
- Hospital of The Good Shepherd
- Hotaling Warner Company
- House of Good Shepherd
- Industrial Supply Company
- Insulation Distributors, Inc.
- J. J. Morse Company
- J.T. Robertson and Company
- Karp Theatre
- Kemp and Burpee Manufacturing Company
- Kentucky Solvay Coke Company
- Knight Paving Company
- Lc Smith & Corona Typewriters
- Linde Air Products Company
- Marine Midland Bank
- Martisco Corporation
- Merchants Bank
- Merrell Soule Company
- Mico Div
- Milliken Station Powerhouse
- Mony Insurance Building
- Mony Plaza
- National Biscuit Company
- New Process Gear Corporation
- New York Central R.R. Company
- New York State Electric & Gas Company
- New York State Fair
- New York Water Service Corporation
- Niagara Mohawk Company
- Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation
- North East High School
- Onondaga Company Savings Bank
- Onondaga County Courthouse
- Onondaga County Savings Bank
- Onondaga Steel Company
- Penman Little Hales Chemical Company Ltd.
- Penman Littlehales Company
- Pierce Butler and Piece Manufacturing Company
- Plaze Nursing Home
- Presidential Plaza Apt. Building
- Public Safety Building
- R J Denton Company
- Robert A. Keasbey Company
- Rock Cut Stone Company
- Rotondo Trucking & Warehousing Company Inc.
- Salt City Energy Venture
- Sanderson Brothers Steel Company
- Sansom Air Force Base
- Sennet Solvay Company
- Sheridan Siding
- Smith Premier Typewriter Company
- Solvay Process Company
- Southwest Sr High School
- St. Paul’s Church
- Sweets Manufacturing Company
- Syracuse Chilled Plow Company
- Syracuse Cold Storage and Warehouse Company
- Syracuse Construction Company
- Syracuse Intro Company
- Syracuse Lighting Company
- Syracuse Ornamental Company Inc.
- Syracuse Rapid Transit Railway Company
- Syracuse Rendering Company
- Syracuse Rpd Transit Railway Company
- Syracuse St. Railway Reorgan. Company
- Syracuse University
- Syracuse-Hancock International Airport
- Ternstedt Division
- The Direct Separator Company
- Trigen Energy Corp
- U.S. Hoffman Machinery Corporation
- Union Rental Company
- Veterans Administration Hospital
- Vincent J. Smith Community Hospital
- W A Sweet
- Warren Street Parking Garage
- Whitman and Barnes Manufacturing Company
- Will and Baumer Company
- Ymca Building
Mesothelioma Doctors near Syracuse, New York
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists who practice in New York. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, office locations and contact information.
John D. Allendorf, M.D.
Shahriyour Andaz, M.D.
Roman Perez-Soler, M.D.
Tracey L. Weigel, M.D.
John A. Chabot, M.D.
Raja M. Flores, M.D.
Andrea S. Wolf, M.D.
Emanuela Taioli, M.D.
Robert J. Cerfolio, M.D.
Harvey Pass, M.D.
Stephen C. Rush, M.D.
Daniel H. Sterman, M.D.
Sai Yendamuri, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Contact a Cancer Center near Syracuse, New York
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma cancer centers located within a 100-mile radius of Syracuse, New York. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more detailed information about the resources available at each one.
Hematology and Oncology Associates of Central New York
University of Rochester Medical Center
04. Support Services
Cancer Support Services Near Syracuse, New York
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services near Syracuse, New York for your convenience.
New York Treatment Support Services
- Rochester Extended Stay
- Highland Patient Transport
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Lawsuit in Syracuse
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Syracuse, New York, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a claim. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of New York.
06. Law Firms
Asbestos Lawyers Servicing Syracuse, New York
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
For over 30 years, the New York based mesothelioma attorneys at Levy Konigsberg LLP have been recognized by clients and other lawyers alike as the “right attorneys” for the legal needs of mesothelioma victims across the United States.
We are Committed to Asbestos Justice™. John N. Lipsitz and Michael A. Ponterio founded the law firm of Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC, in 1995. Since then, the attorneys at Lipsitz & Ponterio have recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of their clients diagnosed with mesothelioma.