After a few unsuccessful attempts, Worcester was permanently settled in 1713, and incorporated as a town in 1722. The Blackstone River, which originates in Institute Park and runs underneath the city, and the Blackstone Canal, which connects Worcester to Providence, R.I. became the focus of early manufacturing activity, including shoes, garments and textiles. In 1848, Worcester incorporated as a city, and companies such as barbed-wire makers Washburn and Moen (1831) and textile machinery concern Crompton & Knowles (1850s) soon brought wire and machinery manufacturing to the fore. American Steel & Wire (1905), abrasives manufacturer Norton Company (now Saint-Gobain), and Worcester Lunch Car Company (1906) helped continue this trend well into the 20th century. Worcester was also notable for its opportunities for women: Esther Howland produced the first American Valentine’s Day cards, and the Royal Worcester Corset Company was the top employer of women in the U.S. in 1908. Although Worcester has seen some economic downturns, a number of its historic companies remain in business, including Polar Beverages, Abbott Laboratories, and machine parts maker Wyman-Gordon. More recent companies have focused on cutting edge engineering and biotechnology, including David Clark Company, which produces protective suits for astronauts, and Advanced Cell Technology, which carries out stem cell research.
Worcester’s lengthy manufacturing history and abundance of historic buildings puts it in a high-risk category for asbestos exposure and related diseases such as mesothelioma. Mesothelioma cancer centers in and around Worcester are listed at the bottom of this page. If you were diagnosed with mesothelioma in Worcester, you should also consider contacting a mesothelioma attorney for legal advice.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Sites in Worcester, Massachusetts
We have compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Worcester where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Worcester, Massachusetts Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A P Cors and Company
- American Steel and Wire Company
- Assumption College
- Bell Company
- Boston & Albany Railroad
- Brockelman Brothers Warehouse
- Civic Center
- Clark University
- Colonial Press
- Consolidated Elevators
- Crompton & Knowles
- Dupont Plumbing & Heating
- Eastern Refractories Company Inc
- Eco Taruim
- Fairlawn Hospital
- Filenes Department Store
- Galleria Mall
- Granger Contracting
- Graton & Knight Company
- Great Brook Valley Housing
- Greendale School
- Guarantee Bank & Trust Company
- Hahnemann Hospital
- Hammond Haven Nursing Home
- Hammond Reed Company
- Harney & Sons Plumbing & Heating
- Heald Machine Company
- Holbrooke Drop Forge
- Holy Cross College
- Holy Name Central High School
- Industrial Technical Institute
- Kessli & Mars Company
- Lyon Brothers, Inc.
- M J Whittall
- May Street School
- Mechanics Bank
- Monsanto Chemical
- Morgan Construction Company
- Morgan Spring Company
- New England Telephone
- Norton Abrasive Company
- Norton Company
- Norton Company
- Norton Emory Wheel
- Paper Craft Greeting Cards, Inc.
- Paul Revere Insurance
- Pullman Standard
- Quimby Building Worcester State Hospital
- Quinsigamond, Ave. Pit.
- R.C. Bishop of Worcester
- Rice & Barton
- Riley Stoker Corporation
- Riter Conley Manufacturing Company
- Ritewall Drywall
- Saint Vincent’s Hospital
- Sheetmetal Specialties
- Sprague Electric Company
- St. Vincent’s Hospital
- Standard Foundry
- Standish Hotel
- State Hospital
- State Mutual Life Insurance
- Thompson Steel
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Washburn and Moen Manufacturing Company
- Worcester and Webster St Railway Company
- Worcester Automatic Heating
- Worcester Brewing Corporation
- Worcester Center Mall
- Worcester City Hospital
- Worcester Cold Storage & Warehouse Company
- Worcester Consolidated St Railway Company
- Worcester County Courthouse
- Worcester County Electric Company
- Worcester County Electric Company
- Worcester County Trust
- Worcester Electric Light Company
- Worcester Gas Light Company
- Worcester Gas Light Company
- Worcester Hospital & Medical Center
- Worcester Insane Asylum
- Worcester Mall
- Worcester Memorial Hospital
- Worcester Nursing Home
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Worcester State College
- Worcester State Hospital
- Worcester Supply Company
- Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Worcester Telegram Publishing Company
- Worchester Mall
- Wyman Gordon Products Corp
- Wyman-Gordon Company
Contact a Mesothelioma Doctor near Worcester, MA
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors that are located within a 100-mile radius of Worcester, Massachusetts. Please click on a doctor link to obtain more information about his/her background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations, and office locations.
Anthony Testa, M.D.
Michael S. Kent, M.D.
Pasi A. Janne, M.D.
Scott J. Swanson, M.D.
David J. Kwiatkowski, M.D.
Raphael Bueno, M.D.
Jack A. Elias, M.D.
Richard L. Kradin, M.D.
Sundaresan T. Sambandam, M.D.
John Pella, M.D.
Michael R. Grey, M.D.
Frank C. Detterbeck, M.D.
Carrie A. Redlich, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Mesothelioma Cancer Centers near Worcester, MA
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma cancer centers located within a 100-mile radius of Worcester, Massachusetts. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more detailed information about the resources available at each one.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research
Lifespan Cancer Institute, Rhode Island Hospital
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute at Hartford Hospital
Smilow Cancer Hospital
04. Support Services
Cancer Support Services Near Worcester, MA
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma.
Massachusetts Treatment Support Services
- Look Good Feel Better Program, MetroWest Medical Center
- Boston Medical Center Solomont Center for Hematology and Oncology
- Mayor’s Health Line
- Care New England Wellness Center
- Bedford Counseling Associates
- Pastoral Counseling Services
- Catholic Charities – New Hampshire
- South County Health
- Connecticut Counseling Services
- American Cancer Society Hotel Partner Program
- AstraZeneca Hope Lodge – Boston
- Boston Housing Authority
- Alliance for Better Long Term Care
- Extended Stay America Hotels Warwick
- Montage Rocky Hill
- Flats at 390
- Atria Stratford
- Med Tech Ambulance Service
- Central Boston Elder Services
- Gentle Care Ride
- Accu Tran Ambulance Service
- Andover Dial a Ride
- Entourage Transportation
- Connecticut Transportation Solutions
- Roger Williams Cancer Center
- Rhode Island Hospital, The Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Kent Hospital
- Exeter Hospital Physical Therapy
- Concord Hospital Rehab Services
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital
- Gaylord Physical Therapy, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Griffin Hospital
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Worcester
If you were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Worcester, Massachusetts and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit to hold those responsible accountable. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Massachusetts.
06. Law Firms
Mesothelioma Law Firms Servicing Worcester, MA
The Deaton Law Firm offers support to those suffering from Mesothelioma and asbestos related diseases. We provide compassionate assistance, guidance and hope to those diagnosed with Mesothelioma. We are dedicated to holding corporate entities accountable to you and your family for their negligent actions.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
If you’ve chosen Shepard Law, you’ve made the right choice. With special expertise handling environmental torts, such major asbestos claims involving mesothelioma or lung cancer, we commit the full resources of our firm to every case we take.
For more than 35 years, Thornton Law Firm LLP has been a leader in mesothelioma and asbestos illness litigation. We have a national reputation for persistence and success that draws clients from throughout the Northeast and across the country.