Massachusetts Mesothelioma Statistics
1,289 mesothelioma deaths (1999 – 2015)
218 asbestosis deaths (1999 – 2015)
1,507 total deaths (1999 – 2015)
02. Cancer Centers
Top Massachusetts Mesothelioma Cancer Centers
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of mesothelioma cancer centers that are located in Massachusetts. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more information about the clinical programs offered and how to contact the cancer center.
Massachusetts Mesothelioma Cancer Clinics
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
Find a Mesothelioma Doctor in Massachusetts
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors that are located in Massachusetts. Please click on a doctor link to obtain more information about their background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations, and contact information.
Massachusetts Mesothelioma Doctors
Raphael Bueno, M.D.
Pasi A. Janne, M.D.
Michael S. Kent, M.D.
Richard L. Kradin, M.D.
David J. Kwiatkowski, M.D.
M. Blair Marshall, M.D.
Scott J. Swanson, M.D.
It is not uncommon for patients to travel outside of their current states to meet with top oncologists and thoracic surgeons across the country. These mesothelioma experts usually have a particular focus within their practice.
Resources for Mesothelioma Patients
04. Clinical Trials
Mesothelioma Clinical Trials in Massachusetts
The following clinical trials are in progress or actively recruiting participants in the state of Massachusetts:
Conditions: Carcinoma, Neoplasms, Carcinoma, Squamous Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Neoplasms, Germ Cell and Embryonal, Mesothelioma, Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, Cholangiocarcinoma, Carcinoma, Basal Cell, Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors, Carcinoid Tumor, Carcinoma, Transitional Cell, Carcinoma, Adenoid Cystic, Teratoma, Adenocarcinoma of Lung, Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine, Pheochromocytoma, Seminoma, Choriocarcinoma, Cystadenocarcinoma, Serous, Carcinoma, Endometrioid, Cystadenocarcinoma, Paraganglioma, Chordoma, Hemangiosarcoma, Fibromatosis, Aggressive, Adenocarcinoma, Clear Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Mucinous, Trophoblastic Neoplasms, Nerve Sheath Neoplasms, Gestational Trophoblastic Disease, Neurofibrosarcoma, Thyroid Neoplasms, Fibroma, Cystadenocarcinoma, Mucinous, Pseudomyxoma Peritonei, Vulvar Neoplasms, Adrenocortical Carcinoma, Sex Cord-Gonadal Stromal Tumors, Carcinoma, Islet Cell, Paget Disease, Extramammary, Adenocarcinoma, Papillary, Carcinoma, Acinar Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Bronchiolo-Alveolar, Neoplasms, Unknown Primary, Mixed Tumor, Mullerian, Carcinoma, Giant Cell
Last Updated: June 30, 2021
Pembrolizumab With or Without Anetumab Ravtansine in Treating Patients With Mesothelin-Positive Pleural Mesothelioma
Last Updated: June 26, 2021
Locations: Birmingham, AL. Phoenix, AZ. Scottsdale, AZ. Duarte, CA. La Jolla, CA. Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles, CA. Newport Beach, CA. Aurora, CO. Aventura, FL. Coral Gables, FL. Deerfield Beach, FL. Jacksonville, FL. Miami, FL. Plantation, FL. Chicago, IL. Chicago, IL. Lexington, KY. Baltimore, MD. Baltimore, MD. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. Rochester, MN. Creve Coeur, MO. Saint Louis, MO. Saint Louis, MO. Saint Peters, MO. Durham, NC. Pittsburgh, PA. Dallas, TX. Salt Lake City, UT.
Study of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) in Participants With Advanced Solid Tumors (MK-3475-158/KEYNOTE-158)
Conditions: Carcinoma, Neoplasms, Small Cell Lung Carcinoma, Endometrial Neoplasms, Thyroid Neoplasms, Mesothelioma, Neuroendocrine Tumors, Cholangiocarcinoma, Colorectal Neoplasms, Salivary Gland Neoplasms, Carcinoid Tumor, Anus Neoplasms, Bile Duct Neoplasms, Vulvar Neoplasms, Thyroid Diseases
Last Updated: June 23, 2021
Locations: Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles, CA. Orlando, FL. Baltimore, MD. Rockville, MD. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. New Brunswick, NJ. Houston, TX.
Last Updated: June 17, 2021
Locations: Atlanta, GA. Baltimore, MD. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. Ann Arbor, MI. Saint Louis Park, MN. New York, NY. Cleveland, OH. Philadelphia, PA. Nashville, TN.
Testing the Addition of Targeted Radiation Therapy to Surgery and the Usual Chemotherapy Treatment (Pemetrexed and Cisplatin [or Carboplatin]) for Stage I-IIIA Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
Conditions: Mesothelioma, Lung Neoplasms
Last Updated: May 27, 2021
Locations: Tampa, FL. Tampa, FL. Tampa, FL. Chicago, IL. Boston, MA. Rochester, MN. Basking Ridge, NJ. Middletown, NJ. Montvale, NJ. Commack, NY. Harrison, NY. New York, NY. New York, NY. Uniondale, NY. Cleveland, OH. Columbus, OH. Houston, TX. Seattle, WA.
05. Support Services
Find Cancer Support Services in Massachusetts
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma cancer in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Treatment Support Services
Counseling & Support Groups
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Lowell General Hospital(Lowell)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Winchester Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care(Winchester)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Lahey Medical Center – Peabody(Peabody)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Hallmark Health System Hematology and Oncology Center(Stoneham)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Massachusetts General Hospital(Boston)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, MetroWest Medical Center(Framingham)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Newton-Wellesley Hospital(Newton)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center(Boston)800-227-2345
- Boston Medical Center Solomont Center for Hematology and Oncology(Boston)617-638-5795
- Mayor’s Health Line(Boston)617-534-5050
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Mass General North Shore Cancer Center(Danvers)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Mount Auburn Hospital(Cambridge)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, St Elizabeths Medical Center(Brighton)800-227-2345
- Look Good Feel Better Program, Winchester Hospital Breast Care Center(Woburn)800-227-2345
- American Cancer Society – Maine Hotel Partner Program(Framingham)800-227-2345
- AstraZeneca Hope Lodge – Boston(Boston)617-396-5510
- Boston Housing Authority(Boston)617-988-4000
- American Cancer Society – Massachusetts Hotel Partner Program(Framingham)800-227-2345
- Central Boston Elder Services(Roxbury)617-277-7416