During the 18th century, trade and the export of rum, candles, fish, furniture, silver, and other value-added goods fueled Newport’s economic growth. Newport’s waterfront was active with more than 150 separate wharves and hundreds of shops along the harbor between Long Wharf and the southern end of the harbor. By the late 1700s, Newport had emerged as one of the five leading ports in colonial North America. The economic growth prompted a building growth which included hundreds of homes and many of the significant landmarks that are still around today, such as Trinity Church, the Redwood Library, and the Brick Market. Newport has one of the highest concentrations of colonial buildings in the United States. Beginning in the mid-1800s and early 1900s, wealthy southerners and some of America’s wealthiest families, such as the Vanderbilts and Astors, were summering in Newport in their newly constructed “cottages” including The Breakers. Newport has long been associated with the United States Navy. It is home to the Naval Station Newport which houses the United States Naval War College, the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, and a major United States Navy training center.
Newport’s maritime history, coupled with periods of residential and commercial construction make asbestos exposure, and asbestos-related cancer, an ongoing concern for Newport, Rhode Island. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma, and you are looking for a mesothelioma expert, scroll down to the bottom to see a list of those located in and around Newport. If you were exposed to asbestos in Newport, you may benefit from seeking the advice of a mesothelioma lawyer.
01. Exposure Sites
Asbestos Exposure at Jobsites in Newport
We have compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Newport where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Newport, Rhode Island Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Aquidneck Bowl Alley
- Avalon Estate
- Bank Of Newport
- Bellevue Shopping Center
- Coasters Island
- Cranston School
- Davis Duke’s Mansion
- Fleet National Bank
- Gould Island Faclities
- Gould Island Torpedo Site
- Hilton Hotel
- Howard Johnson’s
- Land’s End Estate
- Manganaro Brothers, Inc.
- Melville Station
- Melville Underground Oil Tank
- Naval Ordinance-Building 127
- Naval Supply Depot
- Naval Training Station
- New England Steamship Company
- Newport Academic Building
- Newport Armory
- Newport Brick Yard Plaza
- Newport Capehart Housing
- Newport Catholic School
- Newport Coastal Trawlers
- Newport County Electric Company
- Newport Creamery Warehouse Plant
- Newport Credit Union
- Newport Destroyer School
- Newport Elderly Housing
- Newport Electric Corporation
- Newport Gas Company
- Newport Gate Ten Motel
- Newport High Rise Apartments
- Newport Hospital
- Newport Housing
- Newport Library
- Newport Naval Air Station
- Newport Naval Base – Academic Building #1
- Newport Naval Base – B.O.Q.
- Newport Naval Base – Barracks
- Newport Naval Base – Boiler Room
- Newport Naval Base – Boiler Room #877
- Newport Naval Base – Building #11
- Newport Naval Base – Building #112
- Newport Naval Base – Building #4
- Newport Naval Base – Building #447
- Newport Naval Base – Building 1918
- Newport Naval Base – Building 29,43, 45
- Newport Naval Base – Building 360
- Newport Naval Base – Building 914
- Newport Naval Base – Cold Storage
- Newport Naval Base – Dental Building
- Newport Naval Base – Dental Lab
- Newport Naval Base – Gallery
- Newport Naval Base – Gun Mounts
- Newport Naval Base – New Field House
- Newport Naval Base – North Pump House
- Newport Naval Base – Ocs Dorm
- Newport Naval Base – Officer’s School
- Newport Naval Base – Offsite Utilities
- Newport Naval Base – Pier 1&2
- Newport Naval Base – Pipeline
- Newport Naval Base – Training Building
- Newport Naval Base Coddington Pier 1&2
- Newport Naval Base Comissary
- Newport Naval Base Destroyer Escorts
- Newport Naval Base Firefighting School
- Newport Naval Base Fleet Oiler
- Newport Naval Destroyer Pier
- Newport Naval Hospital
- Newport Naval Hospital – Boiler Room
- Newport Naval Hospital – Building 26
- Newport Naval Station Power
- Newport Naval Supply Center
- Newport Naval Yard
- Newport Navy Base
- Newport Oil Storage Farm
- Newport Photo Lab-Pier #2
- Newport Pipeline-Burma Road
- Newport Post Office
- Newport Sewage
- Newport Submarine Lab, Building 105
- Newport Technical Service
- Newport Telephone
- Newport Training Center
- Newport War College
- Newport Water Works
- Newport Weapon’s Development
- Old Colony St. Railway Company
- P & M Incorporated
- Public Works Center Building
- Quonset Point-Paulson Lab
- Ravinsky Estate
- Roger’s Voc. High School
- Salve Regina
- Shamrock Cliff Hotel
- Sheraton Inn
- Short Line Bus Garage
- St. George’s Library
- St. George’s Science Building
- St. Mary’s Church
- Steam Transportation Line Station
- Subsistence Building
- Trinity Church
- U. S. Naval Base
- U. S. Naval Training Station
- U. S. Naval Underwater Ord.
- U.S. Naval Base Hospital
- U.S. Naval Torpedo Station
- U.S. Navy Motel
- Underwater Ordinance
- Underwater Sound Lab-Bld 126
- Underwood School
- United States Naval Torpedo Station
- United States Navy Training School
- Uss Cascade
- Viking Hotel
- Williams & Manchester Shipyard
- Williams Estate
Find a Mesothelioma Doctor near Newport
If you need help getting an accurate diagnosis or developing a treatment plan, the following mesothelioma doctors and oncologists who practice near Newport, Rhode Island have the expertise to assist you. More detailed information about each doctor is available by clicking on the appropriate doctor detail link. Details about their background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations and contact information is provided.
Sundaresan T. Sambandam, M.D.
John Pella, M.D.
Jack A. Elias, M.D.
Anthony Testa, M.D.
Scott J. Swanson, M.D.
David J. Kwiatkowski, M.D.
Raphael Bueno, M.D.
Michael S. Kent, M.D.
Pasi A. Janne, M.D.
Richard L. Kradin, M.D.
Michael R. Grey, M.D.
Frank C. Detterbeck, M.D.
Carrie A. Redlich, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Locate a Cancer Center near Newport, Rhode Island
If you need help getting an accurate diagnosis or developing a treatment plan, the following mesothelioma cancers near Newport, Rhode Island have the resources available to assist you. More detailed information about each cancer center is available by clicking on the appropriate cancer center detail link.
Lifespan Cancer Institute, Rhode Island Hospital
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute at Hartford Hospital
Smilow Cancer Hospital
04. Support Services
Locate Cancer Support Services Near Newport
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma.
Rhode Island Treatment Support Services
- South County Health
- Care New England Wellness Center
- Memorial Hospital
- Look Good Feel Better Program Center
- Boston Medical Center Solomont Center for Hematology and Oncology
- Mayor’s Health Line
- Connecticut Counseling Services
- Extended Stay America Hotels Warwick
- Alliance for Better Long Term Care
- AstraZeneca Hope Lodge – Boston
- American Cancer Society – Maine Hotel Partner Program
- American Cancer Society – Massachusetts Hotel Partner Program
- Boston Housing Authority
- Montage Rocky Hill
- Flats at 390
- Atria Stratford
- Accu Tran Ambulance Service
- Med Tech Ambulance Service
- Andover Dial a Ride
- Central Boston Elder Services
- Connecticut Transportation Solutions
- Gentle Care Ride
- Lifestar Medical Transportation
- Kent Hospital
- Rhode Island Hospital, The Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Roger Williams Cancer Center
- Gaylord Physical Therapy, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Griffin Hospital
- Exeter Hospital Physical Therapy
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Newport, Rhode Island
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Newport, Rhode Island, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a claim. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Rhode Island.
06. Law Firms
Asbestos Law Firms Servicing Newport, Rhode Island
The Deaton Law Firm offers support to those suffering from Mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases. We provide compassionate assistance, guidance and hope to those diagnosed with Mesothelioma. We are dedicated to holding corporate entities accountable to you and your family for their negligent actions.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.