01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Providence
Providence, Rhode Island Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma patients in Providence, Rhode Island, have convenient access to several cancer centers with mesothelioma programs and doctors. Providence is home to the Lifespan Cancer Institute, which offers a local option for mesothelioma treatment. Providence asbestos patients are also within driving distance of multiple treatment centers in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
An experienced mesothelioma cancer doctor will be able to discuss and recommend treatment options for patients, which may vary based on the cell type, location and stage of their disease. Treatment options include surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation. Specialists can also help their patients locate and enroll in local or national mesothelioma clinical trials.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Providence, Rhode Island
Mesothelioma patients in Providence have convenient access to treatment options in Rhode Island. For instance, the Lifespan Cancer Institute is located in Providence and offers multiple mesothelioma treatment options.
An hour away in Boston, patients can find mesothelioma experts at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center. Brigham and Women’s Hospital is home to the International Mesothelioma Program (IMP). The program’s multidisciplinary team combines world-class treatment with a caring and supportive environment dedicated to improving quality of life for mesothelioma patients and their families.
Lifespan Cancer Institute, Rhode Island Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute at Hartford Hospital
Smilow Cancer Hospital
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Providence
Providence, Rhode Island Mesothelioma Doctors
Providence mesothelioma patients should seek care from a doctor with experience treating mesothelioma. Mesothelioma doctors will create a personalized treatment and care plan for each patient. These tailored plans can help extend patient life expectancy and maximize quality of life.
Sundaresan T. Sambandam, M.D.
John Pella, M.D.
Anthony Testa, M.D.
Michael S. Kent, M.D.
Dr. Pasi A. Jänne
Scott J. Swanson, M.D.
David J. Kwiatkowski, M.D.
Raphael Bueno, M.D.
Michael R. Grey, M.D.
Frank C. Detterbeck, M.D.
Carrie A. Redlich, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Providence
Providence, Rhode Island Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma victims in Providence may have the option to file legal action in Rhode Island to gain compensation for their asbestos diseases. This includes individuals who were exposed to asbestos in Rhode Island, live in Rhode Island or worked for a company based in the state. There may also be other jurisdictions available in which to file a mesothelioma lawsuit, depending on how and when a victim was exposed to asbestos. An experienced mesothelioma lawyer will be able to determine the filing venue that will maximize compensation for their client.
There may be advantages to filing a case in Rhode Island due to a special docket dedicated to asbestos personal injury cases. The Rhode Island asbestos docket often results in mesothelioma cases being heard more quickly than in other jurisdictions.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Providence, Rhode Island
If you were exposed to asbestos in Rhode Island at a commercial, residential or military site and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Patients and family members looking to file a mesothelioma case should contact an experienced mesothelioma lawyer to discover their options. These lawyers work for dedicated mesothelioma law firms, which have the experience and resources necessary to help patients file a successful mesothelioma case in Rhode Island.
The national law firm of Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney & Meisenkothen, headquartered in neighboring Connecticut, has several partners licensed to practice in the state of Rhode Island. Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney & Meisenkothen has filed hundreds of mesothelioma cases in Rhode Island on behalf of their clients.
The two firms listed below have experience with the Rhode Island asbestos docket and understand state laws. This helps ensure their clients will receive compensation from viable defendants. They also have decades of experience with bankruptcy trusts and will file all qualifying claims for their clients.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Providence, Rhode Island
Each state has its own set of timelines for filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, known as statutes of limitations. The statute of limitations for a mesothelioma personal injury claim is based upon the date of a mesothelioma diagnosis. The statute of limitations for a wrongful death lawsuit is based upon the victim’s date of death.
Statutes of Limitations for Providence
Claims must be filed within 3 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 3 years after an asbestos-related death.
Once the statutes of limitations have expired, neither the injured party nor their family will be able to file a lawsuit against the responsible parties. To ensure they file within the correct statute, asbestos victims should seek the counsel of an experienced mesothelioma law firm as soon as possible.
If Rhode Island’s statutes of limitations have expired, victims and their loved ones may be eligible to file a mesothelioma lawsuit in another state. This is because other states may have different applicable statutes of limitations. A mesothelioma lawyer will be familiar with all statutes of limitations applicable to each case and will advise their clients accordingly.
Examples of clients served in the greater Providence area include:
Occupation: Abatement worker
Jobsites Worked at: Blue Cross/Blue Shield (1985 – 1989); Edison Plant (1985 – 1989)
Occupations: Navy, Pipefitter
Jobsites Worked at: Hartwell Co. Inc. (1960 – 1961)
Jobsites Worked at: Paolino Jewelry Co. Inc. (1977 – 1990)
Occupations: Mechanic, Navy
Jobsites Worked at: Kaiser Shipyard (1944 – 1949)
04. Asbestos Use in Providence
Asbestos in Providence, Rhode Island
Providence workers and residents may have been exposed to asbestos during work. For example, power stations and power plants once contained large quantities of asbestos. The mineral was used for its natural properties of heat and flame resistance. Electricity production and transmission produce extreme heat. As a result, wires, pipes, turbines and other equipment in power plants were often lined and insulated with asbestos-containing materials to provide heat resistance.
Individuals who lived or worked in Providence may have been exposed to asbestos in power stations and other jobsites. This is called occupational asbestos exposure. Asbestos victims in Providence can often file a mesothelioma lawsuit against former employers, products manufacturers or other asbestos companies for this kind of exposure.
Asbestos in Providence, Rhode Island Power Stations
The Narragansett Electric Company is the dominant provider of electricity to Rhode Island customers. Two of Narragansett Electric Company’s power stations in Providence have been known to contain a number of asbestos products.
The Narragansett Electric Company’s South Street Station was a coal-burning electric power plant. The plant was phased out of use over time before being decommissioned in 1995. The Manchester Street Station replaced the South Street Station. It is a gas-fired plant along the Providence River.
Workers at both stations are known to have been exposed to asbestos used in the plants’ machinery, wiring and piping. There are at least five asbestos trusts that list one of the stations as a jobsite known to have exposed workers to asbestos.
Providence, Rhode Island Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A. & C.W. Holbrook
- AC&S, Inc.
- Acme Tile & Terrazzo, Co.
- Alan Jewelry Company
- Allen & Reed Co.
- Allen Air Sewage Pumping Station
- Allens Ave Bowling
- Allied Chemical & Dye Corporation
- American Electrical Works
- American Insulated Wire Corporation
- American Locomotive Company (ALCO)
- American Screw Company
- American Woolen Company, Inc.
- Amica Mutual Insurance Company Building
- Armbrust International Ltd.
- Arrow Transportation Company, Inc.
- ARS Chemical Corporation
- Assumption School
- B.A. Ballou & Company, Inc.
- Barreled Sunlight Paint Company
- Beneficent House
- Benny’s Auto Store
- Bercen Chemical Company, Inc.
- Bethany Home of Rhode Island
- Biltmore Textile Co.
- Birch Vocational School
- Blue Cross Building
- Bradford Apartments
- Brian Supply Company
- Brigham School of Nursing
- Broad Street Synagogue
- Broadway Plaza
- Brown & Sharpe
- Brown & Sharpe Manufacturing Company Complex
- Brown University Buildings and Facilities
- Buckingham Browne & Nichols School (BB&N)
- Burden Wire & Supply Co.
- Butler Exchange Company
- Butler Hospital
- C.R. Makepeace & Company
- Caro Manufacturing Company, Inc.
- Caruso’s Restaurant
- Cathedral of Saints Peter & Paul
- Cathedral of St. John
- Central High School
- Central Power Station
- Central Vocational School
- Chancery Office Building
- Charles Orms Building
- Charles V. Chapin Hospital
- Chemical Building, Fields Point Sewage Treatment Plant
- Cherry Webb & Touraine
- CIC Providence
- Cities Service Oil Company
- Citizens Savings Bank
- City of Providence Public Works
- Classical High School
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company
- Coddington Point Condominiums
- Cole Teaming Co.
- Commercial High School
- Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Co.
- Crown Worsted Mills, Inc.
- Curran & Burton Coal Company
- D&W Fuse Company
- Davol Rubber Company
- Dexter Asylum
- Dexter Manor
- Dimeo Construction Company
- Donnelly’s of Rhode Island
- Donovan Company Inc.
- Earnscliffe Woolen-Paragon Worsted Company Mill Complex
- Eastern Film Corporation
- Edgewood Highland School
- Elmwood Mills
- Ernest Street Sewage Pumping Station
- F.P. Sheldon & Sons
- Federal Products Corp.
- Fields Point Ice Rink
- Fields Point Incinerator
- First National Bank of Providence, Rhode Island
- Fleet National Bank Building
- Fleet National Bank, Old Building
- Fletcher Land Company
- Fox Point Elementary School
- Freeman Plat Historic District
- Fulford Manufacturing Company
- General Chemical Corporation
- General Electric (GE)
- General Fire Extinguisher Company
- General Ice Cream Corporation Building
- Geneva Mill
- George J. West Elementary School
- Gilbane Building Company
- Goddard Brothers Company
- Gorham Manufacturing Company
- Grant Mill of B.B. & R. Knight
- Greater Providence Trust Bank
- Grinnell Company, Inc.
- Halkyard Electric Manufacturing Company
- Hancom Manufacturing
- Hanley Brewing Co.
- Hartford Park Housing Project
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Hayes Street Building
- Heaton Button Fastener Company
- Hemenway’s Restaurant
- Heritage House
- Hilton Providence
- Hindle Building
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Hood Milk
- Hope High School
- Hope Reservoir Pumping Station
- Hope Webbing Company Mill
- Howard Building
- Howard Power Plant
- Huntington Industrial Park
- Huntington Towers Apartments
- Industrial Ceramics
- Industrial National Bank Building
- Industrial Trust Company
- Intelex Systems
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Taxpayer Assistance Center
- International Braid Company
- International Business Machines (IBM)
- International Supply Company
- Irons and Russell Building
- ITT Grinnell Corp.
- J. Samuels & Bro., Inc.
- J.A. Budlong & Son
- John Clarke Science Hall
- Johnson & Maylor Co.
- Johnson & Wales University – Providence Campus
- Johnson’s Hummocks
- Joseph Benn & Sons, Inc.
- Keith’s Theatre
- Kelly’s Hamburgers
- La Salle Academy
- Lauderdale Building
- Lerner Shop
- Lincoln School for Girls
- Lippitt Hill
- Lockwood, Greene & Co.
- Lonsdale Company
- Lowe Supply Company
- Lymansville Company Mill
- Malina, Inc.
- Manchester Street Generating Station
- Manganaro Brothers, Inc.
- Manton Heights
- Manufacturers Building Company
- Mathieson Alkali Works
- Mayfair Laundry
- McDonald Drug Store
- McVicker House
- Memorial Plaza
- Merchants Cold Storage and Warehouse Company
- Metcalf Memorial Building
- Modern Fabricating Corporation
- Monahan Drabble Sherman Funeral Home
- Moses Brown School
- Mt. Pleasant High School
- Municipal Dock Building and Facilities
- Municipal Wharf
- Narragansett Brewing Company
- Narragansett Electric Company
- Narragansett Electric Lighting Company
- Narragansett Electric Plant Manchester Street Powerhouse
- Narragansett Hotel
- Nathan Bishop Middle School
- National and Providence Worsted Mills
- National Cash Register Company
- National Ring Traveler Company
- New Asphalt Plant
- New England Bituminous Terminal Corporation
- Nicholson File Company Mill Complex
- Nickerson House Community Center
- North End Construction
- Nottingham Mill
- Oaklands Estate of Sarah B. Eaton
- Old Colony Cooperative Bank
- Old Stone Bank
- Old Stone Tower
- Oliver Hazard Perry Middle School
- Oliver Johnson & Co.
- Olneyville Boys & Girls Club
- Olneyville Post Office
- Ostby & Barton Company
- Our Lady of Fatima Hospital
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
- Our Lady of Providence Preparatory Seminary High School
- Our Lady of Providence Seminary
- Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) Corporation
- Park Brewing Company
- People’s Savings Bank
- Petrolane Corporation
- Pettaconsett Pumping Station
- Phillips Lead and Supply Company
- Phoenix Mill House
- Pontiac Free Library
- Pontiac Mills
- Providence & Danielson Railway Company
- Providence Baptist Church
- Providence Belting Co.
- Providence Biltmore Hotel
- Providence Boys Club
- Providence Brewing Company
- Providence Bus Terminal
- Providence Chain Company
- Providence Civic Center
- Providence College Buildings and Facilities
- Providence Day Nursery Association
- Providence District Nursing Association
- Providence Doctors Building
- Providence Engineering Works
- Providence Federal Building and Courthouse
- Providence Fire Department Stations
- Providence Gas Company
- Providence Gravure, Inc.
- Providence Health Center
- Providence Housing Authority
- Providence Lying-In Hospital
- Providence March of Dimes Office Building
- Providence Marriott Downtown
- Providence Mutual Fire Insurance Co.
- Providence Oil Lines
- Providence Outlet Company Department Store
- Providence Pencil Co.
- Providence Place Parking Garage
- Providence Post Office
- Providence Printing Co.
- Providence Radio Station WPRO-AM
- Providence Railroad Station
- Providence Sewage Treatment System
- Providence Steam and Gas Pipe Company
- Providence Steam Engine Company
- Providence Steel & Iron Co.
- Providence Tank Farms
- Providence Telephone Company
- Providence VA Medical Center
- Providence Washington Insurance Building
- Providence Washington Insurance Company
- Providence Water Works
- Queen Dyeing Company
- Red Fox Beverages Co.
- Regency Plaza Apartments
- Revere Rubber Company
- Reynolds Machinery Co.
- Rheem Manufacturing Company
- Rhode Island (RI) Suburban Railway Company
- Rhode Island Brewing Company
- Rhode Island Chemical Company
- Rhode Island Cinder Block Co.
- Rhode Island College
- Rhode Island College’s School of Nursing
- Rhode Island Covering Company, Inc.
- Rhode Island Hospital
- Rhode Island Hospital Trust National Bank
- Rhode Island Junior College
- Rhode Island Maximum Security Prison
- Rhode Island Perkins Horseshoe Company
- Rhode Island School for the Deaf
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)
- Rhode Island State House
- Rhode Island T.F. Green International Airport
- Roger Williams University Facilities and Buildings
- Rogers Screw Company
- Roland & Whytock Co., Inc.
- Rumford Chemical Works and Mill House Historic District
- Saint Ann’s School
- Sassafras Point Light
- Schrafft’s Restaurant
- Seaboard Advertising Co.
- Sears Roebuck and Co.
- Shepard Company Building
- Shipyard Ten Pin Bowling
- Simpson Spring Company
- South Street Station
- St. Bartholomew’s Church
- St. Catherine’s Church
- St. John’s Church
- St. Joseph Living Center
- St. Joseph’s Hospital for Specialty Care
- St. Paul’s Church
- Standard Mill Supply Company
- Standard Oil Company
- Star Cleaners
- Star Market
- Staud Mill Sup Company
- Steere Worsted Mill
- Stop & Shop
- Summit Medical Building
- Sun Oil Co.
- The Arcade Providence
- The Hudson Companies
- The Miriam Hospital
- The Packet Building
- The Providence Journal Building
- Turk’s Head Building
- Turnkey Post Office
- U.S. Army Reserve
- U.S. Engineers Office
- U.S. Rubber Products, Inc.
- Union Oil Company
- Union Railroad Company
- Uniroyal Tire Company, Inc.
- United Engineering & Foundry Co.
- United States Gutta Percha Paint Company
- United States Rubber Company Mill Complex
- United Wire and Supply Company
- Universal Optical Co.
- University Heights Mall
- University of Rhode Island Providence Campus
- Valley View Housing
- Valley Worsted Mills
- Veazie Street Elementary School
- Vermont Manufacturing Company
- Vesta Knitting Mills
- Vesta Underwear Company
- Veterans Administration Hospital
- Veterans Memorial Auditorium
- Veterans Memorial Building
- Vineyard St. Grammar School
- W & W Jewelry Co.
- W.T. Grant’s Department Store
- Walsh-Kaiser Company, Inc. Providence Shipyard
- Wanskuck Company
- Wayland Manor Nursing Home
- Weeden Underwood Co.
- Welfare Office
- Weybosset Mills Apartments and Buildings
- Wiggin Village Apartments
- William E. Joslin Company
- Wilson Co.
- Women & Infants Hospital