The city grew steadily in the late 19th and early 20th centuries; Scranton forged ahead as the center of coal mining and railroads, which were vital to the expanding industry in this part of the country. Another significant industry during this time was the silk textile industry. After World War II, the fortunes and population of Scranton (and the rest of Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties) began to diminish. Coal production and rail traffic declined rapidly throughout the 1950s. During the latter half of the 20th century, silk and other textile industries shrunk as jobs moved south or overseas; and many downtown storefronts and theaters became vacant as suburban shopping malls became the dominant venues for shopping and entertainment. In recent years, however, property values have increased as Scranton is gaining employers. Also, revitalization and redevelopment efforts from both the local government and the local community have been made since the mid-1980s.
We have confirmed that Scranton has many jobsites where exposure to asbestos-containing products occurred, particularly in the coal and textile industries. Workers exposed to asbestos may be at risk to develop an asbestos-related cancer. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma in Scranton, you may benefit from contacting Dr. Harvey Pass. If you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos in Scranton, you may benefit by seeking counsel from a mesothelioma lawyer.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Sites in Scranton, Pennsylvania
Mesothelioma.com has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Scranton where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Scranton, Pennsylvania Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Alamogordo Lumber Company
- Allied Services Handicapped
- Chamberlain Corporation
- Chamberlain Steel
- Charmin Paper Company
- Combustion Engineering, Inc.
- Community Central Energy Corp
- D.L. and W. Railroad Company
- Delaware and Hudson Company
- Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad Company
- Diamond Mines
- Dickson Mine Green Ridge Station
- Dodge Mines
- Dolph Coal Company
- Eureka Specialty Company
- G. E. Industrial Tube Plant
- Geo. H. Walbridge Lackawanna Light Company
- George Singleton
- Glenalden Coal Company Maxwell Colliery
- Green Ridge Coal Company
- Hampton Boiler Plant
- Hampton Mines
- Hess Inc
- Hudson Coal Company
- Hyde Park Gas Company
- Industrial Equipment Company
- International Service Ind.
- J/P/ Maloney
- Jaunty Fabric Corp
- Jaunty Silk Company Inc.
- Kemmerer Iron and Steel Company
- Lackanawa I and S Company
- Lackawanna and Wyoming Valley Railway Company
- Lackawanna Iron and Coal Company
- Mary Wood College
- Mcclair, Brooks and Company
- Murray Body Company
- Murray Corp
- Old Forge Collieries
- Penna Utilities Investment Corp
- Pennsylvania Coal Company
- Pennsylvania Power & Light Company
- Peoples Coal Company
- Peyna Power and Lgt. Company
- Sauquoit Silk Company
- Schmidt Lumber Millwork
- Scranton Anthracite Briguette Company
- Scranton Axle and Spring Company
- Scranton Bolt and Nut Company
- Scranton Electric Construction Company
- Scranton Gas and Water Company
- Scranton High School
- Scranton Lace Company
- Scranton Ordinance Division
- Scranton Railway Company
- Scranton Tech. High School
- Seranton Lace Curtain Company
- Simpson and Watkins
- Sisters of the Good Shepherd
- Spring Brook Water Supply Company
- Sterrick Creek Coal Company
- Suburan Plant
- Temple Iron Company
- U. S. Hoffman Machinery
- Underwood Coal Company
- Wash. Ave Plant
- Washburn and Zerfass
- Webster Coal and Coke Company
Contact a Mesothelioma Doctor near Scranton
If you need help getting an accurate diagnosis or developing a treatment plan, the following mesothelioma doctors and oncologists who practice near Scranton, Pennsylvania have the expertise to assist you. More detailed information about each doctor is available by clicking on the appropriate doctor detail link. Details about their background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations and contact information is provided.
Jyoti Malhotra, M.D.
Bruce G. Haffty, M.D.
H. Richard Alexander, Jr., M.D.
John A. Chabot, M.D.
Robert J. Cerfolio, M.D.
Harvey Pass, M.D.
Stephen C. Rush, M.D.
Daniel H. Sterman, M.D.
Raja M. Flores, M.D.
Andrea S. Wolf, M.D.
Emanuela Taioli, M.D.
Tracey L. Weigel, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Cancer Centers near Scranton, Pennsylvania
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of mesothelioma cancer centers that are located within a 100-mile radius of Scranton, Pennsylvania. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more information about the clinical programs offered, areas of expertise and how to contact the cancer center.
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
NY-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
Fox Chase Cancer Center
NYU Langone Medical Center
Mount Sinai Medical Center
04. Support Services
Mesothelioma Patient Support Services near Scranton
The following cancer support services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma. Support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling.
Pennsylvania Treatment Support Services
- Medical Oncology Associates
- Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey
- Cancer Care
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Hope Lodge
- Hosts for Hospitals
- Short Term Rentals NYC
- Whitehall Medical Transport Services
- Alliance Medical Services LLC
- Honest Medical Transportation
- Golden Medical Transportation LLC
- Dash Xpress
- Elite Physical Therapy
- Brunswick Health & Physical Therapy Center
- Liberty Physical Therapy PC
- Pact Physical Therapy
- Penn Medicine Cancer Rehabilitation
(Philadelphia, West Chester, Lancaster)
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- PinnacleHealth Cancer Rehabilitation and Lymphedema Services
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Scranton, PA
If you were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Scranton, Pennsylvania and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit to hold those responsible accountable. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Pennsylvania.
06. Law Firms
Asbestos Law Firms Servicing Scranton, PA
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
If you are looking for an expert asbestos exposure and mesothelioma attorney, look no further than Shein Law. With offices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, a mesothelioma attorney from our legal team will fight for clients’ rights in order to achieve justice.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.