The Lehigh Canal, constructed in the late 1820s, immensely expanded the city’s commerce and industrial capacity making Allentown a major center for heavy industry such as iron and manufacturing. The nation’s growing railroad network absorbed all the iron Allentown could produce. Allentown was also known for the brewing of beer and was home to several notable breweries including the Horlacher Brewery, the Neuweiler Brewery, and Schaefer Beer (later owned by Pabst Brewing Company). By the early 20th century, silk mills began to dominate and replace the dying iron trade. Industry diversified during this time. Allentown’s economy produced everything from parlor furniture to beer and cigars. Since the 1950s, deindustrialization caused many of the factories and corporations headquartered in Allentown to close or move. Some of the notable companies that were once headquartered in Allentown and the surrounding area include Bethlehem Steel, Hess, and Mack Trucks. Today Allentown’s economy, like most of Pennsylvania’s, is based in the service industries with some manufacturing. The city is home to the corporate headquarters of several large, global companies, including Air Products & Chemicals, Pennsylvania Power & Light, and others.
Allentown’s history of heavy industry and manufacturing places the city in a high-risk category for asbestos exposure. Those who worked with and/or around asbestos-containing products may be at risk to develop malignant mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma in Allentown, you may benefit from contacting a competent mesothelioma doctor. Additionally, you should know that mesothelioma law firms represent people from Allentown who were exposed to asbestos and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Sites in Allentown, Pennsylvania
If you worked at any of these companies and/or job sites in Allentown, Pennsylvania, you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma cancer.
Allentown, Pennsylvania Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A T & T
- A.B.E. Airport
- Abroqast Bastin Company
- Air Products & Chemicals
- Allen Laundry
- Allen Products Company
- Allentown and Kurtztown Traction Company
- Allentown High School
- Allentown Hospital
- Allentown Portland Cement Company
- Allentown Rapid Service Ice Company
- Allentown State Hospital
- Allentown Water Works
- Allentown-Bethlehem Gas Company
- Amalgamated Silk Corporation
- American Steel and Wire Company
- Arbogast & Bastlan Company
- At&t Technologies
- Bethlehem Steel Company
- Blossom Products Corporation
- Bonney Forge & Tool
- Bonney Frg Division
- Bonney Tool & Forge Works
- Central Catholic High School
- Consolidated S. and W. Company
- Coplay Cement Manufacturing Company
- Duggan & Marcon, Incorporated
- Eastern Industrial Insulation
- First National Bank
- Fogelsville Plant
- Friskies Pet Care Company Inc
- General Electric Company
- H.H. Chrowder Company
- Haltenback and Stephens
- Hess Brothers Warehouse
- Horlacher Brewing Company
- International Motor Company
- Iowa Barbed Wire Company
- Lehigh County Court House
- Lehigh Portland Cement Company
- Lehigh Valley Cooperative Farmers
- Lehigh Valley Dairy
- Lehigh Valley Traction Company
- Lehigh Valley Transit Company
- Lucent Technologies Inc
- Mack Truck
- Mauch Chunk Lehighton and Slatington Railway Company
- National Bond Insulators, Inc.
- Penn. Allen Port Cement Company
- Pennsylvania Power & Light
- Ppl Electric Utilities Corp
- Sacred Heart Hospital
- Sears Roebuck Company
- Spirax-Sarco Incorporated
- Syntex Corporation
- Thermal Engineering, Incorporated
- Trexler Farms
- United Gas Improvement
- W.F: Mosser and Son
- Wertz Engineering Company
- Western Electric Company, Inc.
- Wm. H. Taylor and Company
Mesothelioma Doctors near Allentown, Pennsylvania
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors that are located within a 100-mile radius of Allentown, Pennsylvania. Please click on a doctor link to obtain more information about his/her background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations, and office locations.
Larry R. Kaiser, M.D.
Cherie P. Erkmen, M.D.
Joel D. Cooper, M.D.
Sunil Singhal, M.D.
Steven M. Albelda, M.D.
Jyoti Malhotra, M.D.
Bruce G. Haffty, M.D.
H. Richard Alexander, Jr., M.D.
Charles R. Mulligan, Jr., M.D.
Gregory A. Masters, M.D.
Robert J. Cerfolio, M.D.
Harvey Pass, M.D.
Stephen C. Rush, M.D.
Daniel H. Sterman, M.D.
Raja M. Flores, M.D.
Andrea S. Wolf, M.D.
Emanuela Taioli, M.D.
John A. Chabot, M.D.
Roman Perez-Soler, M.D.
Tracey L. Weigel, M.D.
Shahriyour Andaz, M.D.
John D. Allendorf, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Find a Cancer Center near Allentown, Pennsylvania
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma cancer centers within a 100-mile radius of Allentown, Pennsylvania. Click on a specific cancer center link to obtain more information about the clinical programs offered, affiliated mesothelioma doctors and how to contact the cancer center.
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Temple Lung Center
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
The Wistar Institute Cancer Center
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
NYU Langone Medical Center
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
NY-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
Albert Einstein Cancer Center
04. Support Services
Locate Cancer Support Services Near Allentown
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma.
Pennsylvania Treatment Support Services
- Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Crozer Keystone Health System
- Medical Oncology Associates
- Catholic Charities – New Jersey
- Cancer Support Community Delaware
- Christina Care Health System
- Love in the Name of Christ
- Hosts for Hospitals
- Extended Stay America
- Ronald McDonald House of Delaware
- Pettinaro Residential Housing
- Hope Lodge
- Short Term Rentals NYC
- Whitehall Medical Transport Services
- R.N.R Transportation
- STAT Medical Transport
- Life Alliance
- Generations Home Care
- Honest Medical Transportation
- Alliance Medical Services LLC
- Golden Medical Transportation LLC
- Jean Birch Senior Center
- Dash Xpress
- Brunswick Health & Physical Therapy Center
- University of Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic
- Elite Physical Therapy
- Liberty Physical Therapy PC
- Pact Physical Therapy
- Penn Medicine Cancer Rehabilitation
(Philadelphia, West Chester, Lancaster)
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- PinnacleHealth Cancer Rehabilitation and Lymphedema Services
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Allentown, Pennsylvania
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Allentown, Pennsylvania, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a claim. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Pennsylvania.
06. Law Firms
Asbestos Law Firms Servicing Allentown, Pennsylvania
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
If you are looking for an expert asbestos exposure and mesothelioma attorney, look no further than Shein Law. With offices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, a mesothelioma attorney from our legal team will fight for clients’ rights in order to achieve justice.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.