01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Bridgeport
Bridgeport, Connecticut Mesothelioma Treatment
Residents from Bridgeport, Connecticut, that have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases can seek medical treatment at nearby cancer centers. There are mesothelioma experts in Connecticut and nearby states who specialize in thoracic surgery, chemotherapy and radiation treatment options. There are multiple cancer centers offering treatment for mesothelioma in Connecticut, as well as facilities in neighboring New York.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Bridgeport, Connecticut
Patients diagnosed with mesothelioma in the Bridgeport area have access to mesothelioma cancer centers right in Connecticut. For instance, Smilow Cancer Hospital is located in New Haven. This center provides specialized care for patients through their Thoracic Oncology Program. Mesothelioma patients have access to a range of cutting-edge treatment options and support services. They may be eligible to take part in mesothelioma clinical trials through Smilow Cancer Hospital.
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Bridgeport
Bridgeport, Connecticut Mesothelioma Doctors
Mesothelioma patients seeking medical care at cancer centers in New Haven, Connecticut, or New York City have access to doctors with expertise in treating lung cancer and mesothelioma. Specialists involved in the patients’ treatment plans may include thoracic surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists and pain management experts, among others.
Carrie A. Redlich, M.D.
Frank C. Detterbeck, M.D.
John A. Chabot, M.D.
Emanuela Taioli, M.D.
Robert J. Cerfolio, M.D.
Harvey Pass, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Bridgeport
Bridgeport, Connecticut Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Workers and residents may have been exposed to asbestos in Connecticut, leading to an asbestos disease diagnosis. Bridgeport workers who were employed at manufacturing or utility companies, such as General Electric or United Illuminating Company, may have been exposed to asbestos materials. Individuals diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness from this exposure may be eligible for compensation.
Mesothelioma lawyers experienced in asbestos litigation are familiar with filing mesothelioma lawsuits and asbestos bankruptcy claims. Lawyers with experience in filing asbestos lawsuits will work to hold asbestos companies accountable for wrongful exposure. Mesothelioma attorneys may be able to help secure compensation for victims.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Bridgeport, Connecticut
Asbestos victims or surviving family members in the Bridgeport, Connecticut, area have legal options to seek potential compensation for their injuries. Lawyers from local and nationwide law firms experienced in asbestos litigation can provide legal advice to those that have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney & Meisenkothen has nationwide experience helping asbestos-exposure victims for more than 40 years. With offices in New Haven and New York City, they can assist clients with filing mesothelioma lawsuits and bankruptcy trust claims on behalf of asbestos victims.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Bridgeport, Connecticut
The timelines for filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits are based on when injury or death occurred and are specific to each state. Mesothelioma lawyers will guide their clients in Connecticut to file claims within the appropriate statutes of limitations.
Statutes of Limitations for Bridgeport
Claims must be filed within 3 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 3 years after an asbestos-related death.
Injured parties and their families are not able to file lawsuits in the state of Connecticut once the statute of limitations has expired. Mesothelioma victims or their families should seek counsel with asbestos lawyers to understand their options for filing claims. For instance, victims may be able to file lawsuits in other states if exposure occurred outside of Connecticut. Additionally, lawyers may suggest filing claims against asbestos bankruptcy trusts based on the jobsites where the client’s exposure occurred.
Examples of clients served in the greater Bridgeport area include:
Occupations: Coast Guard, Shipyard
Jobsites Worked at: Remington Products Co. (1992 – 1994)
Jobsites Worked at: Fair Auto Supply of Bridgeport Inc. (1976 – 1977)
Jobsites Worked at: Bridgeport Rolling Mills (1961 – 1964); General Electric Company (1961 – 1964); Letzon Tire & Rubber (1966 – 1979); Remington Arms & Ammunition Co (1961 – 1964)
Jobsites Worked at: Bridgeport Powerhouse (1970 – 1979); Mitchell & Bailey Inc. (1979); United Illuminating (1956 – 1979)
04. Asbestos Use in Bridgeport
Asbestos Use in Bridgeport, Connecticut
Many industries in Bridgeport used asbestos in their products and equipment. Various powerhouses, utility companies and other manufacturing companies in the city all used asbestos.
Large companies in the city such as United Illuminating Company, Raybestos-Manhattan Inc. and General Electric employed thousands of workers. Tradesmen who worked at these companies in Bridgeport had increased asbestos exposure that put them at risk of mesothelioma and other lung diseases.
Asbestos Found in Bridgeport Harbor Station
Asbestos products were used in power plants throughout Connecticut, including the city of Bridgeport. Industrial powerhouses and the utility industry make Bridgeport a high-risk city for asbestos exposure. Power plant workers are at a high risk of developing asbestos-related lung diseases and cancers such as mesothelioma.
Bridgeport Harbor Station in Bridgeport, Connecticut, was originally owned and operated by United Illuminating Company. The Bridgeport Harbor Station provided critical energy needs to industrial factories and businesses starting with its first unit in the 1950s. Additional units were constructed in the 1960s as the demand for electricity increased. Asbestos was used throughout these facilities, including in the insulation in the heat systems.
In the mid-1990s, United Illuminating Company retired the first unit at Bridgeport Harbor Station. Various tradesmen including boilermakers, steamfitters, welders, plumbers and pipefitters were employed at the power station. These workers were at risk of exposure from asbestos in the buildings.
In 1993, an asbestos abatement project was undertaken at this United Illuminating Company facility. The project consisted of asbestos removal and repairs. Tradesmen were exposed to asbestos dust from the removal process and suffered injuries as a result.
Former employees of the Bridgeport Harbor Station location filed lawsuits against the company because of their injuries. Individuals who have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness have legal resources available to them. They should seek advice from lawyers with experience in asbestos litigation. These lawyers can explain victims’ legal options and whether they are entitled to compensation due to their injuries.
Bridgeport, Connecticut Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.D.C. Contracting and Supply Corporation
- Acme Shear Company
- Algonquin Club
- American Chain & Cable Company
- American Fabrics Company
- American Graphophone Company
- American Tube and Stamping Company
- Asbestos Distributors Corporation
- Ashcroft Manufacturing Company
- Auto-Ordnance Corporation
- Beardsley Terrace
- Beechmont Dairy
- Bilton Machine Tool Company
- Boiler Repair & Welding Shop, Inc.
- Bridgeport Brass Company
- Bridgeport Electric Light Company
- Bridgeport Forge Company
- Bridgeport Harbor Station
- Bridgeport Hardware Manufacturing
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Bridgeport Metal Goods Manufacturing Company
- Bridgeport Pipe Engineering Company, Inc.
- Bridgeport Police Department
- Bridgeport Projectile Company
- Bridgeport Rolling Mills Company
- Brien McMahon Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse
- Bristol Hospital
- Bryant Electric Company
- Buckley Brothers, Inc.
- Bullard Machine Tool Company
- Burn-Zol Incinerators, Inc.
- C.C. Fischer and Company
- Carpenter Steel Company
- Citizens Gas Company
- Columbia Records
- Commercial Metal Heat Treating
- Connecticut Brewing Company
- Connecticut Fire Brick Company
- Connecticut Gas & Electric, Inc.
- Connecticut Railway and Lighting Company
- Consolidated Ashcroft Hancock Company
- Consolidated Safety Valve Company
- Crane Valve Company
- Dictaphone Corporation
- Eaton, Cole & Burnham Company
- Ebasco Plant Services, Inc.
- Fairchild & Shelton
- Fire Brick Construction Company
- General Electric Company (GE)
- George C. Batcheller and Company
- Griffin Hospital
- Handy & Harman
- Heppenstall Company
- Hoffman Fuel Company
- Housing for Elderly Persons Program
- Hubbell Incorporated
- Hydro-Blast, Inc.
- J.P. Best Welding Company
- Jenkins Brothers
- Jewish Community Center
- John Zandonella, Inc.
- Lafayette American Bank and Trust Company
- Lewin & Sons, Inc.
- Litchfield High School
- Litchfield Middle School
- Locke Manufacturing Companies, Inc.
- Manning, Maxwell & Moore, Inc.
- Masonic Temple
- Nancy Lynn Bakery
- New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad
- Noiseless Typewriter Company
- Notre Dame Catholic High School
- Park City Hospital
- Peerless Aluminum Foundry Company
- Peerless Aluminum Foundry Company Inc
- Peoples Savings Bank
- Pond’s Extract Company
- Post Publishing Company
- Producto Machine Company
- Raybestos-Manhattan, Inc.
- Read School
- Remington Arms Company, LLC
- Remington Rand
- Robert A. Keasbey Company
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Singer Manufacturing Company
- Stamford Hospital
- Standard Oil of Connecticut, Inc.
- Stanley Works
- Steel Point Powerhouse
- Stratfield Motor Inn
- Stratford Housing Authority
- The Bassick Company
- The Industrial Refractories Corporation
- U.S. Aluminum Company
- Underwood-Commerce Realty, Inc.
- Union Metallic Cartridge Company (UMC)
- United Gas Corporation
- United Illuminating Company (UI)
- University of Bridgeport
- Valve Corporation of America
- Warner Brothers Corset Company
- West End Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company
- Wheeler & Wilson Manufacturing Company
- Whiting Manufacturing Company
- Wisvest-Connecticut, LLC