01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma patients in Nashville, Tennessee, have local treatment options available to them. For example, there are several mesothelioma specialists in the area who can provide tailored care for patients. These doctors use a variety of diagnostic tests to help patients understand their mesothelioma prognoses. They will educate patients on which treatment options may be available to them. Doctors may also recommend clinical trials for mesothelioma to eligible patients.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Nashville, Tennessee
For instance, the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center is located right in Nashville. This center employs mesothelioma doctors that provide specialized care for patients. At this center, mesothelioma patients have access to a range of trailblazing treatment options, like advanced surgical techniques and immunotherapy. Patients may also receive palliative care to manage mesothelioma symptoms.
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Memphis Veterans Affairs Medical Center
University of Louisville
The Kirklin Clinic of University of Alabama (UAB) Hospital
Georgia Cancer Specialists and Northside Hospital Cancer Institute
Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee Mesothelioma Doctors
Nashville patients have access to mesothelioma doctors who specialize in the treatment of this rare cancer. It is important for mesothelioma patients to seek treatment from a specialist who can design a treatment plan to potentially improve their mesothelioma prognosis.
Mesothelioma specialists working with patients may include thoracic surgeons and oncologists. These doctors have experience in making mesothelioma diagnoses and managing the disease. They can develop a treatment plan for a patient based on the type and stage of mesothelioma. Treatment plans may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and other therapies. Enrollment in a clinical trial may be another treatment option for patients who meet the eligibility requirements.
Eric S. Lambright, M.D.
Kamran Idrees, M.D.
Dr. Robert A. Ramirez
Goetz H. Kloecker, M.D.
Victor H. van Berkel, M.D.
Benjamin Wei, M.D.
Francisco Robert-Vizcarrondo, M.D.
Seth D. Force, M.D.
Suresh S. Ramalingam, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Nashville asbestos victims and their families may pursue compensation if they develop mesothelioma. An experienced mesothelioma lawyer can help victims or their families file an asbestos lawsuit. They can also help file claims against asbestos trust funds. These funds are set up by bankrupt asbestos companies to compensate victims.
Lawyers specializing in mesothelioma can help individuals and their families file the right types of asbestos claims based on their specific situation.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Nashville, Tennessee
If you were exposed to asbestos in Tennessee at a commercial, residential or military site and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Mesothelioma lawyers can advocate for clients in Nashville seeking compensation from responsible companies. Experienced national law firms are familiar with Tennessee laws related to asbestos lawsuits and can guide clients through the filing process.
Lawyers with established track records understand the effects of a mesothelioma diagnosis. These attorneys have significant medical knowledge and legal experience to build a case. An asbestos attorney can answer questions and support clients throughout the entire legal process, including negotiating settlements for mesothelioma.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Nashville, Tennessee
The timelines for filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits are specific to each state. These timelines are outlined in laws called statutes of limitations. Mesothelioma lawyers can help their clients meet any filing deadlines.
Statutes of Limitations for Nashville
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related death.
Asbestos victims and their families may not be able to file lawsuits after the relevant statute of limitations has expired. Mesothelioma victims and their families should talk to an asbestos lawyer to understand all their filing options.
Examples of clients served in Nashville include:
Occupations: Navy, Utility worker
Jobsites Worked at: Vanderbilt University (1962 – 1980)
Occupations: Welder, Bricklayer
Jobsites Worked at: Boiler Repair Service (1967 – 2009); Gaylord Center (1967 – 1979)
Occupations: Laborer, Machinist
Jobsites Worked at: Doall Tennessee Co. (1979 – 1980)
Jobsites Worked at: Service Merchandise Co. of Kansas (1996)
04. Asbestos Use in Nashville
Asbestos Use in Nashville, Tennessee
Asbestos was a commonly used mineral in many products until the 1980s. In Nashville, workers risked exposure to asbestos at jobsites throughout the city. Asbestos-containing products were often used in construction materials and manufacturing. Today, Nashville residents still risk asbestos exposure from old buildings, including schools and homes.
Asbestos Found in Nashville, Tennessee Fire Station
In 2019, an environmental study found asbestos in Fire Station 2 in downtown Nashville. The station was built in 1974, when asbestos products were common in construction materials.
Samples from the fire station’s vinyl floors and door insulation tested positive for two different types of asbestos. Employees are encouraged to fill out exposure forms. These help document the source of exposure should anyone develop health issues in the future.
Workers exposed to asbestos in the past may be at risk of developing an asbestos-related disease. Mesothelioma has a long latency period. A person may develop the disease decades after their initial asbestos exposure.
Asbestos victims who are diagnosed with mesothelioma may be eligible for financial compensation. Asbestos lawyers can evaluate and build cases to help maximize compensation.
Nashville, Tennessee Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.P. Green Industries, Inc.
- Aladdin Electronics, Inc.
- Aladdin Industries
- American Agricultural Chemical Company
- American Linen Supply Company
- Armour Agricultural Chemical Company
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Baxter Court Building
- Beatrice Foods Company
- Board of Public Works
- Boyles Galvanizing Company
- Breeding Insulation Company, Inc.
- Bridgestone Tire Company
- Brook Hollow Baptist Church
- Bruce Hardwood Floors
- Bush Building Company
- C.H. Reese & Sons
- CCP Manufacturing Company
- Central Services Building
- Cheatham Place Public Housing Project
- Clover Bottom Hospital
- Colony Cleaners, Inc.
- Crievewood Baptist Church
- CSX Transportation, Inc.
- Cumberland Electric Light and Power Company
- Davidson County Tuberculosis Hospital
- Davis Cabinet Company
- Davison Chemical Company
- Don’s Food, Inc.
- Donelson Hospital
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- E.L. Bruce Company, Inc.
- E.L. Bruce Hardwood Flooring Company
- Electric Light and Power Plant
- Electric Materials Company
- Estes Kefauver Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse
- Evans-Hailey Company, Inc.
- F.D. Wright Company, Inc.
- Ferro Corporation
- Fessey Park
- Firestone Tire and Rubber Company
- Fisk University
- Ford Glass Plant
- Ford Motor Company
- Ford, Bacon & Davis, Inc.
- Foster Engineering, Inc.
- Gates Rubber Plant
- GCP Applied Technologies, Inc.
- George Peabody College for Teachers
- George W. Hubbard Hospital
- Gleason Clay Products
- Globe Company
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
- Green Hills Office Building
- Harding Mall
- Harley-Holt Furniture Company, Inc.
- Hartford Hosiery Mills
- Holiday Inn Hotel
- Ideal Laundry
- Industrial Towel and Uniform Service, Inc.
- Jakes Foundry Company, Inc.
- John Bouchard & Sons Company
- Kings Lane Elementary School
- Kingsboro Mills Garment Factory
- Kroger Company
- L.H. Lanier & Son
- Lem’s Country Kitchen, Inc.
- Life & Casualty Tower
- Louisville and Nashville Railroad
- M.E.C., Inc.
- Marquette Cement Manufacturing Company
- Marvin & Phillips
- Maxwell House
- May Hosiery Mills
- McEwen’s Laundry
- Mead Corporation
- Mead Paperboard Corporation
- Meharry Medical College
- Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
- Middle State University
- Modern Bakery, Inc.
- Morris-Young-Owens Company
- Morse Boulger, Inc.
- Nashville Bridge Company
- Nashville Hardwood Flooring Corporation
- Nashville Housing Authority
- Nashville Linen Service Corporation
- Nashville Machine & Supply Company
- Nashville Railway and Light Company
- Nashville School System
- Nashville Thermal Plant
- Nashville Thermal Transfer Corporation
- Nashville Water Works Department
- Nashville Woolen Mill Buildings
- Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis Railway
- National Service Industries, Inc.
- Neuhoff Meat Packing Plant
- Noel and Company Inc.
- Noel Hotel
- Noel Place
- Noland Tank and Galvanizing Company
- Plibrico Sales & Service, Inc.
- Porcelain Industries, Inc.
- Precision Tool & Mold, Inc.
- Radabaugh-Corbitt Company
- Ramada Inn, Trinity Lane
- Reynolds Brothers Plumbing & Heating Company
- Rhodia Inc.
- Road Builders Inc.
- Scovil and Irwin
- Sealtest Foods
- Sky Chef Studio One
- Southern Bell
- St. Thomas Hospital
- Standard Candy Company, Inc.
- State Central Heating
- Stauffer Chemical Company
- Swift & Company
- T.L. Herbert & Sons
- Temco, Inc.
- Tennessee Agriculture and Industrial College
- Tennessee Central Railway Company
- Tennessee Central Railway, Power Car 409
- Tennessee Central State Mental Hospital
- Tennessee Department of Corrections
- Tennessee Department of Mental Health
- Tennessee Packing Stock Yards Company
- Tennessee Products Corporation
- Tennessee State Penitentiary
- Third National Bank Parking Lot
- Tri-City Insulation Company
- U. S. Smokeless Tobacco Company
- U.S. Agri-Chemicals Corporation
- University of Tennessee
- V & K Masonry Contractors
- Vanderbilt Hospital
- Vanderbilt University
- W. R. Grace, Vermiculite Exfoliation Site
- W.G. Bush & Company
- W.J. Lewis Welding Company, Inc.
- Warner Iron Company
- Werthan Bag Corporation
- Werthan Industries Incorporated
- Western Electric Company Inc
- Wethan Bag Corp
- White Way Laundry Company
- William Gerst Brewing Company
- Young Sales Corporation