Milwaukee was once the home to four of the world’s largest breweries (Schlitz, Blatz, Pabst, and Miller), and was the number one beer producing city in the world for several years. Despite the decline in its position as the world’s leading beer producer, one remaining major brewery, Miller Brewing Company remains a key employer by employing over 2,200 of the city’s workers. Twenty-two percent of Milwaukee’s workforce is involved in manufacturing, twenty-seven percent is involved in health care and the fastest-growing segments of the Milwaukee economy are service and managerial jobs. The Milwaukee area is home to the headquarters of American Signal Corporation, Bucyrus International, the Koss Corporation, and Master Lock. In the recent years, Milwaukee has endured significant renovations and additions to the city including the Milwaukee Riverwalk, Miller Park, and Pier Wisconsin, as well as major reconstruction to the Milwaukee Auditorium.
Milwaukee’s history of manufacturing and industry makes asbestos exposure an issue. Workers and loved ones who have been exposed to asbestos may be at risk for developing mesothelioma cancer. We provide information about mesothelioma treatment options in and around Milwaukee at the bottom of this page. Additionally, mesothelioma attorneys may be able to give guidance if you were exposed to asbestos in Milwaukee and then diagnosed with mesothelioma.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Exposure Sites in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Milwaukee where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A. Gettelman Brewing Company
- A. O. Smith Corporation
- A.J. Lindemann & Hoverson Company
- A.P. Green Industries
- A.P. Green Refractories of Wisconsin, Inc.
- AAA National Lock Company
- AC Spark Plug
- Adelman Laundry
- Advance Die Cast LLC
- Albert Trostel & Sons Leather Company
- Allied Smelting Corporation
- Allis-Chalmers Corporation
- Allis-Chalmers Supercharger Plant
- Alton Box Board Company
- Alverno College
- American Foundry & Furnace Company
- Ann Manor Apartments
- Appleton Coated Paper Mill
- Aqua-Chem, Inc.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
- Armstrong Contracting and Supply, Inc. (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee
- Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital – St. Joseph Campus
- Ascension St. Francis Hospital
- Atlantic Refining Company
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Badger Brass & Aluminum Foundry
- Badger Cordage Mills, Inc.
- Barclay Foundry Industries, Inc.
- Bausch Manufacturing
- Bay View Neighborhood
- Bell Telephone Headquarters Building
- Boll-Industrial Insulation Company, Inc.
- Boston Store Warehouse
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
- Briggs & Stratton LLC
- Broadmoor Apartments
- Brogdex Heating
- Building Service Industrial Sales
- Bullock Electric Manufacturing Company
- Butler Yard
- Capitol Drive Track
- Capitol Stampings Corp.
- Case High School
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Central Continuation School
- Chain Belt Company
- Charmin Paper Company
- Chas. B. Kruse Heating Company
- Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railway Company
- Christensen Engineering Company
- City of Milwaukee Sewer Services
- Cleaver-Brooks, Inc.
- Clintonville High School
- Conrad Brothers Inc.
- Cornell Paperboard Products Company
- Cream City Sash & Door Company
- Cutler-Hammer Manufacturing Company
- Dalon Building
- Dane County Coliseum
- Danny’s Southside Service
- Deshur Development Corporation
- Downey, Inc.
- E. Kulibert
- E.R. Wagner Manufacturing Company
- East Wells Power Plant
- Eaton Yale & Towne Inc.
- Edward P. Allis & Co.
- Employers Insurance Company of Wausau
- Evinrude Outboard Motors
- F.W. Woolworth Company
- Fairbanks, Morse and Company
- Falk Corporation
- Federal Malleable Company
- Fiesta Cafe
- Filer & Stowell Company
- Fire Brick Engineers
- Forest Home Avenue School
- Forest Home Cemetery
- Forest Products Laboratory (FPL)
- General Electric Company (GE)
- General Merchandise Company
- General Motors Corporation (GM)
- George Brumder
- Gesu School
- Geuder, Paeschke and Frey Company
- Gilman Building
- Glendale Nursing Home
- Grede Foundries, Inc.
- H.O. Bostrom Company, Inc.
- Harnischfeger Corporation
- Heil Company
- Hercules Powder Company
- Herman Zohrlaut Leather Company
- Hilltop Food & Storage
- Holy Cross Catholic Church
- Horace Mann High School
- Hotpoint Kitchen Appliances
- House of Good Shepherd
- Hummel & Downing Paper Company
- Hy Zeiger & Co, Inc.
- Illinois Steel Company
- Industrial Heat Control
- Industrial Roofing & Insulation Company
- Industrial Service Co.
- Inland Steel Company
- Insulating Services, Inc.
- International Harvester Company
- IR Construction Products Company, Inc.
- J. Greenbaum Tanning Company
- James Madison Memorial High School
- Jerome I. Case High School
- Jewish Community Center
- Johnson Insulating Company, Inc.
- Joseph Schlitz Brewing Company
- Journal Communications
- Journal Community Publishing Group
- Juneau Village Towers
- Kaiser Building & Design, Inc.
- Kearney & Trecker Company
- Kenosha County Courthouse
- Kenwood Library
- Kohler High School
- Kraemer North America
- Krause Milling Company
- L & S Insulation Company, Inc.
- Ladish Stoppenbach Company
- Lakeview Specialty Hospital and Rehab
- Le Roi Company
- Lodgewood Apartments
- Louis Hoffmann Company
- Louis Hoffmann Company
- Madison Gas and Electric
- Mann Brothers, Inc.
- Marquette Cement Manufacturing Company
- Marquette University
- Maynard Steel Casting Company
- MGE Energy
- Miller Brewing Company
- Miller Compressing Company
- Milwaukee Automobile Company
- Milwaukee Bus Station
- Milwaukee Chair Company
- Milwaukee City Hall
- Milwaukee Coke & Gas Company
- Milwaukee College Preparatory School – Lloyd Street Campus
- Milwaukee County Courthouse
- Milwaukee County General Hospital
- Milwaukee County Institutions Powerhouse
- Milwaukee Die Casting
- Milwaukee Disciplinary Barracks
- Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company
- Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation
- Milwaukee Forge, LLC
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Milwaukee Lock Washer Company
- Milwaukee Malleable & Grey
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District Central Laboratory
- Milwaukee Mile Speedway
- Milwaukee Steam Supply Company
- Mobil Oil Company
- Mother of Good Counsel School
- Motor Castings Company
- Mount Mary University
- Mueller Company
- Murry Communities
- National Biscuit Company (Nabisco)
- National Enameling and Stamping Company
- National Family Laundry
- National Home For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers
- National Laundry & Dry Cleaning Company
- National Tea Company (NATCO)
- Newport Chemical Company
- Nordberg Manufacturing Company
- Northwest General Hospital
- Northwestern National Insurance Company
- Oak Creek Power Plant
- Oconomowoc High School
- Oilgear Company
- Oliver Iron Mining Company
- Our Lady of Good Hope Parish
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company
- Ozite Corporation
- Pabst Brewing Company
- Parklawn Housing Development
- Parks Engineering Associates, Inc.
- Pavilion at Glacier Valley
- Pelton Steel Casting Company
- Perfex Radiator Company
- Pfister & Vogel Tannery
- Pfister Hotel
- Pioneer Terminal Warehouse, Inc.
- Plankinton Hotel
- Plankinton Packing Company
- Polly Prim Cleaners
- Port Milwaukee
- Praefke Brake & Supply Corporation
- Prospect Tower
- Punch-Prefix LLC
- Red Star Yeast
- Reliance Works LLC
- Rex Chain Belt Company
- Riverside Pumping Station
- Rothe’s Restaurant
- Royal Cleaners
- Salvation Army Milwaukee County
- Schlitz Brewing Company
- Sealtest Dairy
- Sears, Roebuck and Company
- Sholes Middle School
- Shoreline Supply Company
- Solvay Coke & Gas Co.
- Southeastern Wisconsin Products Company
- Sprinkmann & Sons Corporation
- Square D Company
- St. Anne’s Parish
- St. Anne’s Salvatorian Campus
- St. Camillus Life Plan Community
- St. Catherine’s Medical Center
- St. Francis of Assisi Parish
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
- St. Joseph Convent
- St. Rita Parish
- Stacey Vending Company
- Standard Sheet Metal
- Stephenson Building
- Story Elementary School
- Strachota-Kappus Co.
- T.C. Esser Company
- T.W. Goodrich & Son Company
- The Heil Rail Joint Welding Company
- Thomas & Associates Services
- Trinity Hospital
- U.S. Steel Corporation
- Union Grove High School
- Unit Crane & Shovel Corporation
- Unit Drop Forge Company, Inc.
- United States Brewing
- Universal Foods Corporation
- Universal Removable Insulation Products, Inc.
- University of Wisconsin
- Usinger’s Sausage and Smoked Meats
- UW Oshkosh Residence Halls
- UWM College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Valentin Blatz Brewing Company
- Valley Power Plant
- Vapor Blast Manufacturing Co.
- VCA Pahle Animal Hospital
- Vilter Manufacturing Corporation
- W.D. Gray
- Wales Elementary School
- Walter G. Kuechle Company
- Waukesha City Hall
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Weisel Sausage Company
- Wells Building
- Wesley Steel Treating Company
- Western Iron Stores Company
- Whitehill Manufacturing Company
- Will-Pemco, Inc.
- William Horlick High School
- William Plankinton Mansion
- Wisconsin Acoustic & Fireproof
- Wisconsin Bridge and Iron Company
- Wisconsin Die Casting
- Wisconsin Electric Power Company
- Wisconsin Gas LLC
- Wisconsin Milling Company
- Wisconsin Motor Manufacturing Company
- Wisconsin Paperboard Company
- Wisconsin Telephone Company
- Wrought Washer Manufacturing, Inc.
- Zona Manor
Mesothelioma Doctors near Milwaukee, Wisconsin
We have gathered below a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, and office locations.
David Johnstone, M.D.
H. Ian Robins, M.D.
Wickii Thambiah Vigneswaran, M.D.
Michael J. Liptay, M.D.
Philip D. Bonomi, M.D.
Hedy Lee Kindler, M.D.
Samuel Armato, M.D.
Muaiaid Kittaneh, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Locate a Cancer Center near Milwaukee, Wisconsin
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma cancer centers located within a 100-mile radius of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more detailed information about the resources available at each one.
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Chicago
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
Rush University Cancer Center
Edward Cancer Center – Naperville
The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center
04. Support Services
Cancer Support Services Near Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma.
Wisconsin Treatment Support Services
- Aurora Health Care
- Cancer Wellness Center – Northbrook
- UW Health/Carbone Cancer Center
- Gilda’s Club Chicago
- Living Well
- Wellness House
- Home Networks LLC
- Home Networks LLC
- Pay-It-Forward House NFP
- IMD Guest House
- Choice Care Transport
- Transtar Medical Transport
- A and I Medical Transportation, Inc.
- SCR Medical Transportation
- PT Plus
- Pro Health Care
- CTCA Regional Medical Center
- Capitol Physical Therapy
- InnerStrength Rehabilitation Services for Cancer Patients, Inc.
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Presence Health
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing an Asbestos Lawsuit in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a claim. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Wisconsin.
06. Law Firms
Legal Help for Milwaukee Residents with Mesothelioma
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.