Mesothelioma Cancer Centers
Cancer care at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), Chicago is provided through their main comprehensive cancer center or one of their two outpatient care centers. All treatment plans at CTCA Chicago are constructed with a multidisciplinary approach and personalized to the patient. Supportive care therapies are included in the treatment plans to support overall quality of life throughout a patient's cancer journey.
CTCA Chicago is equipped to treat patients with pleural and peritoneal mesothelioma specifically, and employs physicians with experience performing debulking procedures and extrapleural pneumonectomies. Specialists at the center have experience with newer forms of chemotherapy, including hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) used to treat peritoneal mesothelioma. The center also offers promising emerging treatments like immunotherapy and targeted therapies, including new treatments that can deprive tumors of oxygen and halt their growth.
In addition to the mesothelioma cancer care offered at the facility, CTCA, Chicago has specialized breast and lung cancer centers. In total, the cancer center treats 40 different types of cancer.
- Extrapleural pneumonectomy
- Genomic cancer care
- Radiation therapy
- American College of Pathologists (CAP) Accreditation
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Accreditation
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) Accreditation
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Certification Program
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Hospital Accreditation
Author: Linda Molinari
Editor in Chief, Mesothelioma Cancer AllianceRead about Linda
Reviewer: Annette Charlevois
Patient Support CoordinatorRead about Annette