History of City of Hope Chicago
Cancer care at City of Hope Chicago is provided through their main comprehensive cancer center or one of their two outpatient care centers. All treatment plans at City of Hope Chicago are created with a multidisciplinary approach and personalized to the patient. Supportive care therapies are included in the treatment plans to support overall quality of life throughout a patient’s cancer journey.
Until February 2023, the center was known as Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), Chicago. The new name reflects the center’s recent inclusion into the City of Hope family of treatment centers.
View a Complete List of Cancer Centers in Our Free GuideFind the right fit for your situation
02. Mesothelioma Care
Mesothelioma Care at City of Hope Chicago
City of Hope Chicago is equipped to treat patients with pleural and peritoneal mesothelioma. Oncologists at the center have experience performing debulking procedures and extrapleural pneumonectomies. Specialists at the center also have experience with various forms of chemotherapy, including hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) used to treat peritoneal mesothelioma.
The center offers promising emerging treatments like targeted therapies that can shut down signals that allow cancer cells to grow. Supportive care clinicians will also help patients manage any side effects from treatment or the cancer itself.
City of Hope Chicago Specializations
- Debulking procedures
- Extrapleural pneumonectomy
- Genomic cancer care
- Radiation therapy
City of Hope Chicago Accreditations
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Certification Program
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Hospital