California Mesothelioma Statistics
4,295 mesothelioma deaths (1999 – 2015)
558 asbestosis deaths (1999 – 2015)
4,853 total deaths (1999 – 2015)
02. Cancer Centers
Find a Mesothelioma Cancer Center in California
The following mesothelioma cancer centers are located in the state of California. These cancer centers are equipped to deliver quality mesothelioma treatment. Click on a specific cancer center link to get more in depth information.
California Mesothelioma Cancer Clinics
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
City of Hope
Sanford Burnham Prebys
St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
Stanford Cancer Institute
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center
University of California San Diego (UCSD) Health
University of California San Francisco at Mount Zion
University of California, Irvine
University of Southern California (USC)
Top California Mesothelioma Doctors
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors that are located in California. Please click on a doctor link to obtain more information about their background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations, and contact information.
California Mesothelioma Doctors
Joel M. Baumgartner, M.D.
Robert Brian Cameron, M.D.
Michael Yuechia Chang, M.D.
W. Charles Conway, II, M.D.
Mark R. Cullen, M.D.
Matthew A. Gubens, M.D.
David M. Jablons, M.D.
Thierry Marie Jahan, M.D.
Mark W. Lischner, M.D.
Ravi Salgia, M.D.
Howard Jack West, M.D.
It is not uncommon for patients to travel outside of their current states to meet with top oncologists and thoracic surgeons across the country. These mesothelioma experts usually have a particular focus within their practice.
Resources for Mesothelioma Patients
04. Clinical Trials
Mesothelioma Clinical Trials in California
The following clinical trials are in progress or actively recruiting participants in the state of California:
Conditions: Carcinoma, Neoplasms, Carcinoma, Squamous Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Neoplasms, Germ Cell and Embryonal, Mesothelioma, Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, Cholangiocarcinoma, Carcinoma, Basal Cell, Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors, Carcinoid Tumor, Carcinoma, Transitional Cell, Carcinoma, Adenoid Cystic, Adenocarcinoma of Lung, Teratoma, Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine, Pheochromocytoma, Seminoma, Cystadenocarcinoma, Serous, Choriocarcinoma, Carcinoma, Endometrioid, Cystadenocarcinoma, Paraganglioma, Chordoma, Hemangiosarcoma, Fibromatosis, Aggressive, Adenocarcinoma, Mucinous, Nerve Sheath Neoplasms, Trophoblastic Neoplasms, Gestational Trophoblastic Disease, Neurofibrosarcoma, Thyroid Neoplasms, Fibroma, Cystadenocarcinoma, Mucinous, Pseudomyxoma Peritonei, Vulvar Neoplasms, Sex Cord-Gonadal Stromal Tumors, Adrenocortical Carcinoma, Carcinoma, Islet Cell, Paget Disease, Extramammary, Adenocarcinoma, Papillary, Carcinoma, Acinar Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Bronchiolo-Alveolar, Neoplasms, Unknown Primary, Mixed Tumor, Mullerian, Carcinoma, Giant Cell, Adenocarcinoma, Clear Cell
Last Updated: January 28, 2022
Last Updated: January 27, 2022
Locations: Scottsdale, AZ. Duarte, CA. Indianapolis, IN. Baltimore, MD. Boston, MA. New York, NY. New York, NY. Oklahoma City, OK. Nashville, TN. Houston, TX. San Antonio, TX.
Conditions: Mesothelioma, Mesothelioma, Malignant
Last Updated: January 24, 2022
Locations: La Jolla, CA. Tampa, FL. Atlanta, GA. Chicago, IL. Baltimore, MD. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. Ann Arbor, MI. Saint Louis Park, MN. New York, NY. Cleveland, OH. Hershey, PA. Philadelphia, PA. Philadelphia, PA. Pittsburgh, PA. Nashville, TN. Dallas, TX. Houston, TX. Houston, TX.
Study of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) in Participants With Advanced Solid Tumors (MK-3475-158/KEYNOTE-158)
Conditions: Carcinoma, Neoplasms, Small Cell Lung Carcinoma, Endometrial Neoplasms, Thyroid Neoplasms, Mesothelioma, Neuroendocrine Tumors, Cholangiocarcinoma, Colorectal Neoplasms, Salivary Gland Neoplasms, Carcinoid Tumor, Anus Neoplasms, Bile Duct Neoplasms, Vulvar Neoplasms, Thyroid Diseases
Last Updated: January 21, 2022
Locations: Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles, CA. Orlando, FL. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. Boston, MA. New Brunswick, NJ. Houston, TX.
Last Updated: January 14, 2022
Locations: Los Angeles, CA. Newport Beach, CA. Ann Arbor, MI. New York, NY. Philadelphia, PA. Houston, TX. San Antonio, TX. Fairfax, VA.
05. Support Services
Find Cancer Support Services in California
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include cancer rehabilitation, counseling, extended stay housing, oxygen supplies and patient transport. The following local services may be helpful while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma cancer in California.
California Treatment Support Services
- City of Hope - Department of Rehabilitation Services Duarte 626-256-4673
- Disney Family Cancer Center Oncology Rehabilitation Department Burbank 818-748-4751
- North County Cancer Fitness Encinitas 760-517-6223
- PAMF Cancer Rehabilitation Palo Alto 650-321-4121
- Providence St. Jude Medical Center - Rehabilitation Brea 714-578-8720
- ValleyCare Cancer Rehabilitation Program Dublin 925-416-3667
Counseling & Support
- Cedars-Sinai Patient and Family Support Program Los Angeles 310-423-0638
- Dorothy E. Schneider Cancer Center San Mateo 650-696-4509
- Fran's Place Center for Cancer Counseling Brea 949-474-4337
- Simonton Cancer Center Malibu 800-459-3424
- Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare Pleasanton 925-847-3000
- UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center San Francisco 888-689-8273
- WeSPARK Cancer Support Center Sherman Oaks 818-906-3022
Extended Stay Housing
- Family House San Francisco 415-476-8321
- Furnished Quarters San Francisco 347-851-8378
- Jacob's House Temecula 951-452-2627
- JW House Santa Clara 408-246-2224
- KOZ Hospitality House San Francisco 415-602-7759
- Lazarex Cancer Foundation Danville 925-820-4517
- Terry's House Fresno 559-459-7200
- The Family Houses at UC San Diego Health San Diego 619-543-7977
- Accellence Home Medical Doyle 775-787-8880
- Home Oxygen Company Modesto 209-523-0202
- Integrated Medical Services Torrance 310-212-6899
- Lincare Sacramento 916-928-9350
- Merced Medical Supply Merced 209-722-3832
- SML Medical Supplies Anaheim 909-333-7454
- Ambiance Medical Transportation Los Angeles 855-880-0001
- American Cancer Society Road to Recovery Statewide 800-227-2345
- Ameritrans Statewide 866-872-6453
- Eden Medical Transportation Statewide 866-292-6230
- TLC Medical Transport San Diego 619-284-7433