Early industries in Trenton were typical of those needed to support a growing town in the 18th century: grist mill, ironworks, tannery, even a plating and blade mill. In the 19th century, other industries were added, most notably iron and steel, rubber and ceramic pottery. The Trenton Iron Company was founded in 1847, producing iron beams and later, Springfield rifles. A ready supply of wire from the iron works, along with convenient transportation, persuaded the John A. Roebling and Sons Company to move to Trenton in 1848. Roebling wire rope and cable was used in the manufacture of the Brooklyn and Golden Gate bridges, and also contributed to wartime manufacturing through the first half of the 20th century. Trenton’s first rubber company began operations in 1850, and the city soon became a center for rubber and tire manufacturing, home to companies such as Luzerne Rubber Company, Thermoid Rubber Company (formerly Trenton Rubber Company) and Home Rubber Company. Trenton’s first pottery company opened in 1799, and by the 1870’s, Trenton’s earthenware had earned the city a reputation as “the Staffordshire of America”. The Ceramic Art Company,founded in 1889, became famous for its Lenox porcelain tableware.
Trenton’s diverse history of industry and manufacturing makes asbestos exposure an ongoing concern for workers. Workers exposed to asbestos may be at risk for mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Mesothelioma doctors in and around Trenton are listed at the bottom of this page. Additionally, you should know that mesothelioma law firms represent people from Trenton who were exposed to asbestos and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
01. Exposure Sites
Asbestos Exposure at Jobsites in Trenton
Asbestos exposure in New Jersey may have led workers and residents to develop an asbestos disease. Mesothelioma.com has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Trenton where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Trenton, New Jersey Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Achenbach & Butler, Inc.
- Acme-Hamilton Manufacturing Corporation
- Agasote Millboard Company
- Ajax Rubber Company
- All American Heating Services
- Allied Chemical & Dye Corporation
- American Biltrite, Inc.
- American Bridge Company
- American Radiator & Standard Sanitary Corporation
- American Smelting and Refining Company (ASARCO)
- American Standard, Inc.
- American Steel & Wire Company
- Arctic Ice Cream Company
- Baldwin-Ehret-Hill, Inc.
- Baldwin-Hill Foundation
- Brunswick Ave. Gas Works
- Buckthorne Industries
- C.M. Plastics Moulding Company
- Capital Plaza Cinema
- Carpenter’s Local Union No. 31
- Champale Factory
- Colorado Fuel and Iron Corporation
- Columbia Carbon Company
- Congoleum Nairn, Inc.
- Crane Company
- Crescent Insulated Wire & Cable Co., Inc.
- Crumley Station Powerhouse
- De Laval Steam Turbine Company
- Department of Labor and Industry
- Eastern Scrap & Salvage Corporation
- Empire Tire and Rubber Corporation
- Federated Metals Corporation
- Fort Hancock Buildings and Facilities
- General Electric Company
- George L. Moffett Company
- Goodall Rubber Company
- Henkels & McCoy, Inc.
- Homasote Company
- Home Rubber Company
- Hydrocarbon Research, Inc.
- Jam Industries, Ltd.
- John A. Roebling’s Sons Company
- John E. Thropp & Sons Co.
- John McShain, Inc.
- John Moses
- Joseph Stokes Rubber Company
- Kuhn and Jacob Molding and Tool Company
- Lafayette House Apartments
- Luzerne Rubber Company
- Magnetic Pigment Company
- Mercer Generating Station
- Mercer Hospital
- Mercer Pottery Company
- Monsanto Chemical Company
- Murray Rubber Company
- Naval Air Warfare Center Trenton Buildings and Facilities
- Naval Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- New Hope Railroad
- New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Buildings and Facilities
- New Jersey State Capitol Heating Plant
- New Jersey State Hospital at Trenton
- New Jersey State House
- New Jersey State Power Plant
- New Jersey State Prison (NJSP)
- New Jersey Steel and Iron Company
- Newark Paraffin & Parchment Paper Company
- Panelyte Industrial Division
- Panther Rubber Company
- Peoples Brewing Company
- Philadelphia and Trenton Railroad
- Phoenix Iron & Steel Plant
- Piper Brothers
- Princeton Worsted Mills, Inc.
- Public Service Electric & Gas Company (PSE&G)
- Reeves-Cubberley Engine Company
- Rheem Manufacturing Company
- Riggs Distler & Co., Inc.
- Roebling Securities Corporation
- Sears Roebuck and Company
- St. Francis Medical Center
- St. Regis Paper Company
- Stokes Molded Products
- Tattersall, Inc.
- Ternstedt Division, General Motors Corporation
- Thermoid Rubber Company
- Thiokol Chemical Corporation
- Thomas Maddock’s Sons Company
- Times of Trenton Publishing Corporation
- Trane Company
- Transamerica Delaval, Inc.
- Trenton & Mercer County Traction Corporation
- Trenton Board of Education
- Trenton Engine Plant
- Trenton Hospital
- Trenton Iron Company
- Trenton Junior High School No. 3
- Trenton Princeton Traction Company Pennsylvania & New Jersey Railway
- Trenton Psychiatric Hospital (TPH)
- Trenton St. Railway Company
- Trenton Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Trenton, Lawrenceville and Princeton Railroad
- Union Paper Cup Company
- United States Steel Corporation
- Warren Balderston
- Westinghouse Lamp Company
- Woodrow Wilson Elementary School
- Youngs Rubber Corporation
Locate a Mesothelioma Doctor near Trenton, NJ
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Trenton, New Jersey. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, office locations and contact information.
Jyoti Malhotra, M.D.
Bruce G. Haffty, M.D.
H. Richard Alexander, Jr., M.D.
Larry R. Kaiser, M.D.
Cherie P. Erkmen, M.D.
Joel D. Cooper, M.D.
Sunil Singhal, M.D.
Steven M. Albelda, M.D.
Robert J. Cerfolio, M.D.
Harvey Pass, M.D.
Stephen C. Rush, M.D.
Daniel H. Sterman, M.D.
Raja M. Flores, M.D.
Andrea S. Wolf, M.D.
Emanuela Taioli, M.D.
John A. Chabot, M.D.
Shahriyour Andaz, M.D.
Roman Perez-Soler, M.D.
Charles R. Mulligan, Jr., M.D.
Gregory A. Masters, M.D.
John D. Allendorf, M.D.
Tracey L. Weigel, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Mesothelioma Cancer Centers near Trenton
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma cancer centers within a 100-mile radius of Trenton, New Jersey. Click on a specific cancer center link to obtain more information about the clinical programs offered, affiliated mesothelioma doctors and how to contact the cancer center.
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia
Temple Lung Center
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
The Wistar Institute Cancer Center
NYU Langone Medical Center
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
NY-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
Albert Einstein Cancer Center
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
04. Support Services
Cancer Support Services Near Trenton, New Jersey
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services near Trenton, New Jersey for your convenience.
New Jersey Treatment Support Services
- Catholic Charities – New Jersey
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Crozer Keystone Health System
- Cancer Care
- Christina Care Health System
- Extended Stay America
- Hosts for Hospitals
- Short Term Rentals NYC
- Ronald McDonald House of Delaware
- Pettinaro Residential Housing
- Life Alliance
- R.N.R Transportation
- STAT Medical Transport
- Honest Medical Transportation
- Whitehall Medical Transport Services
- Golden Medical Transportation LLC
- Dash Xpress
- Alliance Medical Services LLC
- Brunswick Health & Physical Therapy Center
- Elite Physical Therapy
- Liberty Physical Therapy PC
- Pact Physical Therapy
- University of Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Lawsuit in Trenton
If you were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Trenton, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to New Jersey asbestos compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit to hold those responsible accountable. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of New Jersey.
06. Law Firms
Asbestos Law Firms Servicing Trenton, New Jersey
At Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C., our attorneys provide dedicated legal help to those affected by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. We understand the impacts a diagnosis can have, both on your physical health and on your family’s financial security.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
For over 30 years, the New York based mesothelioma attorneys at Levy Konigsberg LLP have been recognized by clients and other lawyers alike as the “right attorneys” for the legal needs of mesothelioma victims across the United States.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.