Early industries in Trenton were typical of those needed to support a growing town in the 18th century: grist mill, ironworks, tannery, even a plating and blade mill. In the 19th century, other industries were added, most notably iron and steel, rubber and ceramic pottery. The Trenton Iron Company was founded in 1847, producing iron beams and later, Springfield rifles. A ready supply of wire from the iron works, along with convenient transportation, persuaded the John A. Roebling and Sons Company to move to Trenton in 1848. Roebling wire rope and cable was used in the manufacture of the Brooklyn and Golden Gate bridges, and also contributed to wartime manufacturing through the first half of the 20th century. Trenton’s first rubber company began operations in 1850, and the city soon became a center for rubber and tire manufacturing, home to companies such as Luzerne Rubber Company, Thermoid Rubber Company (formerly Trenton Rubber Company) and Home Rubber Company. Trenton’s first pottery company opened in 1799, and by the 1870’s, Trenton’s earthenware had earned the city a reputation as “the Staffordshire of America”. The Ceramic Art Company,founded in 1889, became famous for its Lenox porcelain tableware.
Trenton’s diverse history of industry and manufacturing makes asbestos exposure an ongoing concern for workers. Workers exposed to asbestos may be at risk for mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Mesothelioma doctors in and around Trenton are listed at the bottom of this page. Additionally, you should know that mesothelioma law firms represent people from Trenton who were exposed to asbestos and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
01. Exposure Sites
Asbestos Exposure at Jobsites in Trenton
Mesothelioma.com has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Trenton where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Trenton, New Jersey Companies With Known Asbestos Use
- A. C. Reaves
- Achenbach & Butler, Inc.
- Acme-Hamilton Manufacturing. Corp
- Agosote Millboard Company
- Ajax Rubber Company
- Allied Chemical & Dye Corporation
- American Biltrite
- American Bridge Company
- American Heating
- American Radiator and Standard Sanitary Corp
- American Smelting & Refining Company
- American Standard
- American Steel & Wire Company
- Arctic Ice Cream Company
- Bachelors Officers Quarters
- Baldwin Hill Company
- Baldwin‐Ehret‐Hill, Incorporated
- Board of Education
- Brunswick Ave. Gas Works
- Buckthorne Industries
- C.M. Plastics Moulding Company
- Capital Plaza Cinema
- Carpenters Union – Local 31
- Colorado Fuel & Iron
- Columbia Carbon Company
- Congoleum Nair
- Congolium Incorporated
- Crane Company
- Cresent Insulated Wire and Cable Company
- Crumley Station Powerhouse
- De Laval Steam Turbine Company
- Department of Labor and Industry
- Eastern Scrap & Salvage
- Elmer Street Plant
- Empire Tire and Rubber Company
- Federated Metals Division
- General Electric Company
- General Motors Corporation – Ternstedt Div.
- George L. Moffett Company
- Goodall Rubber Company
- Henkels & Mccoy
- Homasote Company
- Home Rubber
- Homosote Company
- Hydrocarbon Research Inc.
- Jam Industries, Incorporated
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory-Usn
- John A. Roebling and Sons Corporation
- John E. Thropp Sons Company
- John Mcshain Inc.
- John Moses
- Joseph Stokes Rubber Company
- Kuhn and Jacobs
- Lafayette Arms Apparments
- Luzerne Rubber Company
- Magnetic Pigment Company
- Mercer Generating Station
- Mercer Hospital
- Mercer Pottery Company
- Monsanto Chemical Company
- Murray Rubber Company
- N. J. and Penna Traction Company
- N. J. State Power Plant Nj State Capitol Heating Plant
- Naval Station
- New Jersey Department of Labor and Industry
- New Jersey Manufacturers Casualty Insurance, Office Building
- New Jersey State Hospital
- New Jersey State Prison
- New Jersey Steel and Iron Company
- Newark Paraffine and Paper Company
- Panelyte Industries
- Pennsylvania Railroad
- Peoples Brewing Company
- Phoenix Plant
- Piper Brothers
- Princeton Worsted Mills, Inc.
- Public Service Electric & Gas Company
- Reeves Engine Company
- Rheems Factory
- Riggs Distler
- Roebling Securities Corporation
- Sears, Roebuck and Company
- St Francis Hospital
- St. Regis Paper Company
- Stokes Molded Products
- Stokes Molded Products Divn. of Electric Storage Battery Company
- Supply Office U.S. Naval
- Ternstedt Manufacturing
- Themoid Company
- Thermoid Rubber Company
- Thickol Chemical Corporation
- Thos. Maddock’s Sons Company
- Tottersall Company
- Trane Company
- Transamerica Delaval Inc
- Trenton and Mercer County Traction
- Trenton Engine Company
- Trenton Hospital
- Trenton Iron Company
- Trenton Junior High School #3
- Trenton St. Railway Company
- Trenton State House
- Trenton State Psychiatric Hospital
- Trenton Times Corporation
- Trenton, Lawrenceville and Princeton Railroad
- U.S. Naval Supply Office
- U.S. Navy Air Turbine Lab
- U.S. Steel
- Unin Paper Cup Company
- Warren Balderston
- Wenton, New Hope and Lambertville Railroad
- Westinghouse Lamp Company
- Woodrow Wilson Elementary School
- Youngs Rubber Company
Locate a Mesothelioma Doctor near Trenton, NJ
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Trenton, New Jersey. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, office locations and contact information.
Jyoti Malhotra, M.D.
Bruce G. Haffty, M.D.
H. Richard Alexander, Jr., M.D.
Larry R. Kaiser, M.D.
Cherie P. Erkmen, M.D.
Joel D. Cooper, M.D.
Sunil Singhal, M.D.
Steven M. Albelda, M.D.
Robert J. Cerfolio, M.D.
Harvey Pass, M.D.
Stephen C. Rush, M.D.
Daniel H. Sterman, M.D.
Raja M. Flores, M.D.
Andrea S. Wolf, M.D.
Emanuela Taioli, M.D.
John A. Chabot, M.D.
Shahriyour Andaz, M.D.
Roman Perez-Soler, M.D.
Charles R. Mulligan, Jr., M.D.
Gregory A. Masters, M.D.
John D. Allendorf, M.D.
Tracey L. Weigel, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Mesothelioma Cancer Centers near Trenton
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma cancer centers within a 100-mile radius of Trenton, New Jersey. Click on a specific cancer center link to obtain more information about the clinical programs offered, affiliated mesothelioma doctors and how to contact the cancer center.
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia
Temple Lung Center
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
The Wistar Institute Cancer Center
NYU Langone Medical Center
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
NY-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
Albert Einstein Cancer Center
Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute
04. Support Services
Cancer Support Services Near Trenton, New Jersey
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services near Trenton, New Jersey for your convenience.
New Jersey Treatment Support Services
- Catholic Charities – New Jersey
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Crozer Keystone Health System
- Cancer Care
- Christina Care Health System
- Extended Stay America
- Hosts for Hospitals
- Short Term Rentals NYC
- Ronald McDonald House of Delaware
- Pettinaro Residential Housing
- Life Alliance
- R.N.R Transportation
- STAT Medical Transport
- Honest Medical Transportation
- Whitehall Medical Transport Services
- Golden Medical Transportation LLC
- Dash Xpress
- Alliance Medical Services LLC
- Brunswick Health & Physical Therapy Center
- Elite Physical Therapy
- Liberty Physical Therapy PC
- Pact Physical Therapy
- University of Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Lawsuit in Trenton
If you were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Trenton, New Jersey and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit to hold those responsible accountable. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of New Jersey.
06. Law Firms
Asbestos Law Firms Servicing Trenton, New Jersey
At Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C., our attorneys provide dedicated legal help to those affected by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. We understand the impacts a diagnosis can have, both on your physical health and on your family’s financial security.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
For over 30 years, the New York based mesothelioma attorneys at Levy Konigsberg LLP have been recognized by clients and other lawyers alike as the “right attorneys” for the legal needs of mesothelioma victims across the United States.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.