01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Sacramento
Sacramento, California Mesothelioma Treatment
Individuals diagnosed with mesothelioma in Sacramento, California, have several nearby options available for treatment. Two regional cancer centers with experience in mesothelioma treatment are in San Francisco and Stanford. Mesothelioma patients seeking treatment at cancer centers specializing in mesothelioma benefit from working with a team of mesothelioma specialists.
These doctors may recommend more traditional treatment options such as surgery and chemotherapy. In cases requiring more specialized treatment, they may suggest different, more targeted or experimental therapies.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Sacramento, California
Mesothelioma patients in Sacramento, California, can find specialized treatment at nearby cancer centers. The Stanford Cancer Institute offers personalized treatment for mesothelioma patients. Types of treatment therapies offered include surgery, chemotherapy and radiation.
Stanford Cancer Institute doctors are actively involved in research to develop improved treatments for mesothelioma. Patients can speak with their doctor to see if they would benefit from participation in a clinical trial or other experimental therapy programs.
University of California San Francisco at Mount Zion
Stanford Cancer Institute
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Sacramento
Sacramento, California Mesothelioma Doctors
Mesothelioma patients in Sacramento, California, should seek out doctors who specialize in mesothelioma treatment. Experienced mesothelioma doctors work with patients to create personalized treatment plans. These plans may incorporate different treatment modalities to help improve prognosis and quality of life.
Some of the treatments used in nearby cancer centers include external beam radiation therapy and video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS). Doctors may also be able to assist patients with enrolling in ongoing mesothelioma clinical trials that provide access to experimental treatments.
Mark W. Lischner, M.D.
Matthew A. Gubens, M.D.
David M. Jablons, M.D.
Mark R. Cullen, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Sacramento
Sacramento, California Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma victims in Sacramento may seek financial compensation for their injury by filing a mesothelioma lawsuit or submitting asbestos bankruptcy trust fund claims. Lawyers specializing in asbestos-related injuries can help determine the best course of action for the injured party and/or their loved ones to pursue.
To date, millions of dollars have been awarded to mesothelioma victims and their families from lawsuit verdicts, mesothelioma settlements and bankruptcy trust funds.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Sacramento, California
Experienced mesothelioma lawyers can help asbestos-exposure victims get financial compensation for their injury. Sacramento victims should seek help from a national law firm with a proven track record in asbestos litigation in California. Lawyers at these firms specialize in mesothelioma and can help determine the best legal options available. They will guide victims and their families through the entire process to make it as easy and effortless as possible during what is already a difficult time.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Sacramento, California
Lawsuits filed in Sacramento must follow California laws, including statutes of limitations. A statute of limitations sets the time frame within which a lawsuit must be filed.
Statutes of Limitations for Sacramento
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related death.
Working with a law firm that is familiar with local area laws is beneficial for victims. For example, law firms familiar with asbestos use in Sacramento may have information about known exposure sites in the city. These lawyers can assess the merits of a case, determine which companies are at fault, pursue steps for litigation and compensation and negotiate settlements for their client.
Examples of clients served in Sacramento, California, include:
Jobsites Worked at: Pacific Gas and Electric Co (1962 – 1988)
Jobsites Worked at: Safeway (1941 – 1954)
Occupations: Longshoreman, Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: TH Richards Processing Co. (1981 – 1982)
Jobsites Worked at: AGD Inc. (1995 – 1996); Electric Lightwave (1993 – 1998); Mather Air Force Base (1993 – 1994); Office Building J (1994 – 1995)
04. Asbestos Use in Sacramento
Asbestos Use in Sacramento, California
Asbestos was widely used at McClellan Air Force Base and other military bases near Sacramento. It was also used in building materials throughout the city of Sacramento. Those employed as soldiers or contractors at the Air Force base or as construction workers were potentially exposed to asbestos while performing their job duties.
Asbestos Exposure at McClellan Air Force Base
McClellan Air Force Base is a well-known military base outside of Sacramento that operated from 1935 to 2001. Throughout much of its construction and time in service, asbestos-containing materials were used in buildings throughout the facility. At Air Force bases, asbestos was commonly found in vehicles, barracks, mess halls and weapons storage facilities.
There are documented instances of asbestos-containing materials found in the family living quarters at McClellan Air Force Base. Military personnel and their families living in or involved in the construction and maintenance of buildings on base may have been exposed to asbestos. Exposure victims are at risk of developing mesothelioma.
Air Force veterans who served at McClellan Air Force Base and develop mesothelioma may be eligible for compensation.
Sacramento, California Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Adeline Investment LLC
- Aerojet General Corporation
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
- Alston Construction Company
- American Can Company
- American River College
- American River Hospital
- AT&T – Watts Avenue
- Atlas Mechanical, Inc.
- Bank of America
- Bank of California
- Bercut-Richards Packing Company
- Breuners Furniture
- Buffalo Brewing Company
- C. Swanston & Son Meat Packing Plant
- C.B. Hodnett & Son
- C.K. McClatchy High School
- California Almond Growers Exchange
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR) Building
- California Exposition & State Fair (Cal Expo)
- California Highway Patrol (CHP)
- California Packing Corporation (CalPak)
- California School for the Blind
- California School for the Deaf
- California State Capitol Building
- California State University, Sacramento
- Campbell Soup Company
- Capital Gas Company
- CCT College Track
- Central Plant
- Charles M. Goethe Middle School
- City of Sacramento, Wastewater Division
- Clark Wagaman Designs
- Crane Supply
- Crystal Cream & Butter Co.
- Del Campo High School
- Del Monte Meat Company
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Department of Transportation
- Derby Supply Company
- Dixon Canning Corp.
- Douglas Oil Company of California
- Dry Creek Elementary School
- El Mirador Hotel
- Elk Grove High School
- Employment Development Department
- Enloe Medical Center
- Florin Mall
- Foothill High School
- Frick Plumbing & Heating Shop
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Granite Construction
- Great Western Inn
- Grinnell Fire Protection
- Hale Brothers Department Store
- Hateley & Hateley Engineers and Contractors
- Hiram W. Johnson High School
- Hunt Foods Company
- John Deterding Company
- Kaiser Permanente Sacramento Medical Center
- Keyes Fibre Company
- Libby, McNeill and Libby Cannery
- Linde Welding Gas & Equipment Center
- Luther Burbank High School
- Macy’s Sacramento Downtown Commons
- Mather Air Force Base (Mather AFB)
- McClellan Air Force Base (McClellan AFB)
- McClellan Park
- Mercy General Hospital
- Munz Pumps, Inc.
- Nimbus Fish Hatchery
- Old Sacramento Underground
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation
- Pacific Bell Telephone Company
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E)
- Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company
- Price Pump Company
- Procter & Gamble Company (P&G)
- Rancho Seco Recreational Area
- Ray O. Cook Heating & Air
- Red Star Industrial Service
- Reeder Company
- Rio Americano High School
- Rocklin Supply Warehouse
- Sacramento Agricultural Building
- Sacramento Army Depot (SAAD)
- Sacramento Blood Bank
- Sacramento City College
- Sacramento County Administration Building
- Sacramento County Administration Building
- Sacramento County Health Center
- Sacramento County Superior Court
- Sacramento Gas and Electric Railway Co.
- Sacramento Inn and Suites
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Sacramento Northern Railway (SNR)
- Sacramento Stucco Contractors
- Sacramento VA Medical Center
- Sacramento Valley Walnut Growers, LLC
- San Juan Unified School District Schools
- Southern Pacific Railroad
- Stanislaus Surgical Hospital
- Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
- Swampland Reclamation District
- The Austin Company
- The Sacramento Bee
- Thrifty White Pharmacy
- Towers Plaza
- Tri-Valley Growers
- UC Davis Medical Center
- Union Carbide Corporation
- Union Pacific Railroad
- United States Army Air Corps
- United States Post Office (USPS)
- W.L. Hickey & Sons, Inc.
- Weinstock, Lubin, and Co.
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Western MacArthur Company
- Western Pacific Railroad
- Whitefront Bowling Alley
- Wilbur-Ellis Company
- Woodland Memorial Hospital