01. Mesothelioma Treatment in San Jose
San Jose, California Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma patients in San Jose can seek treatment from specialized doctors at nearby cancer centers. Depending on the type of mesothelioma and stage of the cancer, various treatment options may be available for San Jose patients. There are top treatment centers and mesothelioma specialists in northern California.
It is critical to find a specialist with experience in diagnosing and treating mesothelioma. The prognosis for mesothelioma patients varies. Treatment options can extend life expectancy and quality of life for patients.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving San Jose, California
Mesothelioma patients in San Jose, California, have access to top cancer centers in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of these cancer centers is the Stanford Cancer Institute, which treats mesothelioma patients at its Stanford Medicine Cancer Center. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has designated the Stanford Medicine Cancer Center a Comprehensive Cancer Center.
At the center, patients are evaluated by a multidisciplinary team of specialists. This team may include surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and radiologists. This collaborative approach offers each patient a cohesive and personalized care experience. Patients being treated at Stanford Medicine Cancer Center may be eligible to participate in clinical trials.
Stanford Cancer Institute
University of California San Francisco at Mount Zion
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in San Jose
San Jose, California Mesothelioma Doctors
San Jose residents can choose to see top mesothelioma specialists in nearby Stanford or San Francisco, California. They also have the option to travel to other cities.
After exposure to asbestos, it can take 10 to 50 years for mesothelioma symptoms to present. Symptoms, such as shortness of breath, are often similar to those of other conditions. An initial misdiagnosis is not uncommon.
It is important for patients to share their asbestos exposure history with a mesothelioma doctor as soon as possible. An early mesothelioma diagnosis may increase the number of treatment options available. This may benefit the patient’s mesothelioma prognosis.
Mark R. Cullen, M.D.
Matthew A. Gubens, M.D.
David M. Jablons, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in San Jose
San Jose, California Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Victims may also be eligible to file other types of claims for compensation. Mesothelioma compensation options include asbestos trust fund claims, VA claims and workers’ compensation claims. Mesothelioma victims and their loved ones who wish to file a lawsuit or claim should contact a mesothelioma lawyer for guidance and representation.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in San Jose, California
Working with an experienced asbestos attorney can help mesothelioma victims in San Jose receive compensation from negligent asbestos companies. Financial compensation through a lawsuit or claim can help victims cover expenses related to their diagnosis, such as medical costs and lost wages.
A national law firm that specializes in asbestos cases will know:
- The medical complexities of mesothelioma
- Asbestos laws for each state
- Which products were known to contain asbestos
- Which companies manufactured, distributed and/or used asbestos products
- During which time periods companies used asbestos
Asbestos lawyers will work to hold negligent asbestos companies accountable for wrongful exposure by filing applicable lawsuits and claims.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in San Jose, California
Mesothelioma lawyers guide clients through the legal process each step of the way. They assist victims with choosing the best legal action, gathering the necessary information and seeing the case to a resolution.
Experienced lawyers also know the specific procedural rules for filing in different jurisdictions, including the statutes of limitations. These legal deadlines often vary by state and type of legal action.
Statutes of Limitations for San Jose
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related death.
Compensation from asbestos cases can help patients and their loved ones pay for lost wages and medical expenses. A successful lawsuit may also result in punitive damages meant to punish the responsible party for injuries sustained from asbestos exposure.
Successful asbestos lawsuits in the San Jose area include:
Occupation: Lumber yard manager
Jobsites Worked at: 84 Lumber Company (1976 – 1980), Bubble Wash (1975), Colortile Inc. (1980 – 1985), McDuff Electronics (1985 – 1990), Sears, Roebuck & Co. (1990 – 1992)
Occupations: Plant worker, Household
Jobsites Worked at: Carolyn Spellings Furniture Co. (1961 – 1962), Red Wing Shoe Co. Inc. Calif. Division (1979 – 1984), Reliable Pattern Works (1956 – 1957)
Occupations: Merchant Marine, Painter
Jobsites Worked at: CF Humphrey JB Huber Les & Al (1951 – 1953)
Occupations: Navy, Technician
Jobsites Worked at: IBM (1963 – 1964)
04. Asbestos Use in San Jose
Asbestos Use in San Jose, California
Prior to the 1980s, agriculture and manufacturing were among the leading industries in San Jose. During this time, asbestos use was widespread. Many workers and their loved ones in San Jose were exposed to asbestos.
Noteworthy companies in San Jose known for exposing workers to products or equipment with asbestos materials include the Food Machinery Corporation (FMC), the International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), San Jose Canning Company and International Minerals and Chemical Corporation (IMC).
Asbestos at California Packing Corporation in San Jose, California
California Packing Corporation in San Jose, California (also known by its primary brand, the Del Monte Corporation), was known to have used asbestos products. Because of asbestos use at the jobsite, the San Jose plant has been listed on several asbestos bankruptcy trusts.
Founded in 1916, California Packing Corporation was the world’s largest canning and dried fruit processing packing center prior to World War II. The company continued to be a significant presence in the industry from its inception through the 1970s.
Asbestos material was commonly used due to its durability and resilience to high temperatures. It was often used to insulate high-temperature manufacturing equipment, pipes, boilers, pumps and more. Laborers and other tradesmen who worked at California Packing Corporation may have experienced asbestos exposure. This puts them at risk of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
San Jose, California Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Accent Food Services
- Agnews State Hospital
- Albertsons Grocery Store
- Alexian Brothers Hospital
- Almaden Plaza
- Alpha Beta Grocery Store
- Alum Rock Union School District
- Amalgamated Superior Engineering, Inc.
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- B & C Plumbing Company
- Bank of America Financial Center
- Barron-Gray Packing Company
- Beech-Nut Packing Company
- Bel Arbor Apartments
- Blackford High School
- Borchers Brothers Building Supply
- Branham High School
- Brigadoon Village
- Burke Rubber Co., a Division of Burke Industries, Inc.
- California Canners and Growers
- California Customs Subdivision
- California Packing Corporation (Calpak)
- Carnation Company
- Central Service Plumbing Company
- Century Glen Apartments
- Century Oaks Neighborhood
- Classic On Hill Subdivision
- Clement Building
- Contadina Canning
- Dan Caputo Co.
- Del Monte Corporation
- Donald J. Meyer Elementary School
- Eastridge Center
- Eastridge Center Ice Rink
- Eggo Food Products
- Electric Improvement Company
- Electric Storage Battery Co.
- Emporium Department Store
- Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc.
- Falstaff Brewing Corporation
- Farley Construction Company
- First American Plaza
- FMC Corporation
- Foothill College
- Fox Padre Theatre
- Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Garden City Packing Company
- Gateway Crossings
- GCT Semiconductor, Inc.
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Greco Canning Company
- Guadalupe Elementary School
- Guy F. Atkinson Construction, LLC
- Herbert Hoover Middle School
- Hercules, Inc.
- Hershel California Fruit Products Company, Inc.
- Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), Inc.
- Horsford Brothers
- Howard Johnson Lodge
- Hyatt House San Jose/Silicon Valley
- Industrial Mineral and Chemical Company
- International Business Machines (IBM) Research
- International Chemical and Mineral Corporation
- International Paper Company
- Joseph Magnin Company
- Kaiser Permanente San Jose Hospital
- Kingsbury Place
- Lanai Apartments
- Langendorf Bakery
- Leonard Herman Intermediate School
- Lewis & Tibbitts, Inc.
- Liberty House
- Lucretia Avenue Schools
- Miller Middle School
- Mirov Trane Service
- Monarch Match Company
- Montgomery Ward
- Morrill Middle School
- Mountain View Greenhouse, Inc.
- National Preserve Company
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- O.C. McDonald Company, Inc.
- O’Connor Hospital
- Oak Grove High School
- Ocala STEAM Academy
- Old Almadén Winery
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company (O-I)
- Pacific Bell Telephone Company
- Pacific Brewing and Malting Company
- Pacific ByProducts Company
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
- Pacific Telegraph & Telephone
- Park Center Plaza
- Pearl Avenue Schools
- Piping Insulation
- Pisano Brothers, Inc.
- Plaza de San Jose
- Public Health Department
- Raytheon Company
- Red Star Industrial Service
- Red Star Laundry
- Richmond-Chase Company
- Robert F. Peckham Federal Building
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum (REM)
- Safeway, Inc.
- San Andreas Regional Center
- San Jose Boiler Works
- San Jose Canning Company
- San Jose Civic
- San Jose Community Theatre
- San Jose High School
- San Jose Meat Company
- San Jose Police Department
- San Jose Public Library
- San Jose State Generator
- San Jose State University Buildings and Facilities
- San Jose Unified School District
- San Jose Vocational Center
- San Jose-Santa Clara Water Pollution Control Plant
- Santa Clara County Main Jail Complex
- Santa Clara Packing Company
- Santa Clara University – Bellarmine Hall
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- Sears, Roebuck and Co.
- Seven Trees
- Stauffer Chemical Company
- Stokely Van Camp
- Sun Garden Packing Company
- Superior Court of California
- Sylvia Cassell Elementary School
- Terrell Elementary School
- The Alameda
- The Mercury News
- Town Park Towers
- Trend Construction Corporation
- Tropicana Village
- Union Ice Company
- United Gas and Electric Company
- United States Postal Service
- United States Products Company
- United Technology Center (UTC)
- Valley View Packing Co., Inc.
- Waterworks Aquatics San Jose
- Wells Fargo Bank
- West Valley Construction Company
- Western Electric
- Westgate Center
- William C. Overfelt High School
- Woodlands Estates
- World’s Fair Restaurant