01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Dallas
Dallas, Texas Mesothelioma Treatment
Individuals diagnosed with mesothelioma in the Dallas, Texas, area have local options for treatment. Patients may seek care from several treatment facilities within driving distance. Mesothelioma patients will find teams of medical professionals at these centers. These doctors are experienced in treating mesothelioma.
Dallas residents can discuss mesothelioma treatment options with mesothelioma specialists at these cancer centers. Doctors at the centers will develop custom treatment plans for patients’ unique needs. Personalized treatment plans may include surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. Treatment may be a combination of these and other therapies. Patients may also be eligible to take part in clinical trials.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Dallas, Texas
Mesothelioma patients who reside in Dallas have access to several cancer centers in the surrounding area. These centers offer quality care from mesothelioma doctors and support staff who specialize in the treatment of this disease.
The Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center is located right in Dallas. This center offers mesothelioma treatments like intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and surgery, among other therapies. Patients may receive treatment from many professionals, including thoracic surgeons, radiation oncologists and palliative care specialists.
The Lung Institute at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, treats patients at its dedicated Mesothelioma Treatment Center. Specialists at this center may use multimodal treatments for mesothelioma. Multimodal treatment is a combination of two or more therapies, such as surgery and chemotherapy.
These cancer centers may offer opportunities for participation in clinical trials for eligible patients. They also have a vast array of support services for patients and their loved ones as they navigate mesothelioma diagnosis and treatment.
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research
Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
Baylor Scott & White Clinic – Temple
Lung Institute at Baylor College of Medicine
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Dallas
Dallas, Texas Mesothelioma Doctors
Patients from the Dallas area have access to a local team of mesothelioma doctors at the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center and other cancer centers in Dallas. Alternatively, patients may seek treatment from mesothelioma specialists in Houston.
It is important for patients to seek care from specialized mesothelioma doctors who have experience treating this rare disease. Doctors will establish individualized treatment strategies for each patient based on their diagnosis and personal needs.
Kemp Kernstine, M.D.
Anne S. Tsao, M.D.
Bryan Burt, M.D.
Cesar A. Moran, M.D.
David C. Rice, M.D.
Kanwal Raghav, M.D.
Robert Taylor Ripley, M.D.
Shawn S. Groth, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Dallas
Dallas, Texas Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Dallas residents diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease may be eligible for financial compensation. Pursuing asbestos legal options in Texas can help patients cover costs associated with their diagnoses. Compensation can be used for medical expenses and lost wages.
To pursue compensation, victims should contact experienced mesothelioma lawyers.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Dallas, Texas
Mesothelioma victims in Dallas can pursue compensation for asbestos-related injuries. Law firms experienced in asbestos litigation can explain different legal avenues individuals can pursue for Dallas asbestos compensation. Attorneys will help patients determine which type of compensation they may receive based on their exposure and work history. They can also help determine the best state to file lawsuits in.
The following nationwide law firms have experience representing Dallas mesothelioma victims.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Dallas, Texas
Strict, state-specific time limits, known as statutes of limitations, apply to Dallas asbestos-exposure lawsuits. An individual diagnosed with mesothelioma or asbestos cancer has two years to start a lawsuit following their diagnosis. Surviving loved ones have two years to begin wrongful death lawsuits related to asbestos exposure.
Statutes of Limitations for Dallas
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Mesothelioma law firms in Dallas can help individuals get the compensation they deserve.
Examples of clients served in the greater Dallas area:
Occupations: Bystander, Army
Jobsites Worked at: Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (1973); Dallas VA Hospital Medical Center (1969 – 1973); Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas (1973 – 1974); University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (1971 – 1977)
Occupations: Navy, Mechanic
Jobsite Worked at: American Airlines (2002 – 2005)
Occupations: Pipefitter, Insulator
Jobsite Worked at: Sam P. Wallace Company, Inc. (1979 – 1981)
Occupation: Maintenance mechanic
Jobsite Worked at: Sherman Wire Company, Inc. (1963 – 1990)
04. Asbestos Use in Dallas
Asbestos Use in Dallas, Texas
Dallas is the third largest city in the state of Texas. The economy in Dallas is heavily based on the industrial sector, including chemical manufacturing and petroleum industries. The oil industries in Texas widely used asbestos while producing petroleum.
Asbestos was used for many reasons, including insulation and fireproofing purposes. It provided protection around electrical and heat systems in oil refineries since petroleum is highly flammable. Oil refinery workers may have been exposed to asbestos and are at risk of developing asbestos-related illnesses, including mesothelioma.
Additionally, Dallas was home to manufacturing companies including the former W.R. Grace & Co. The vermiculite plant located in West Dallas manufactured products that contained asbestos and put hundreds of workers and their families at risk of developing asbestos-related illnesses.
Asbestos at the W.R. Grace Vermiculite Plant in Dallas, Texas
The W.R. Grace & Co. plant in West Dallas operated from 1953 to 1992. It manufactured asbestos-containing insulation products. The plant processed vermiculite that was distributed from an asbestos-contaminated site in Libby, Montana. Vermiculite is a naturally occurring mineral that is sometimes contaminated by asbestos. It was used in a variety of products, including fire retardant and insulation materials.
Based on W.R. Grace shipping invoices, close to 400,000 tons of raw vermiculite ore from the Libby mine in Montana were shipped to the W.R. Grace Dallas site. This asbestos “hotspot” was located in a residential and commercial area. Thousands of individuals who worked at the plant, or who lived or went to school near the plant, were placed at risk of inhaling the asbestos fibers contaminating the nearby air.
Soil tests conducted by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found asbestos contamination on the properties of the W.R. Grace vermiculite processing facility. The EPA identified additional potential contaminated vermiculite piles nearby the facility. They believed the plant site and neighborhood areas were contaminated by the asbestos released into the environment from processing the vermiculite.
In 2005, a federal government order determined the W.R. Grace plant had exposed numerous employees and residents to asbestos between 1953 – 1992. Several of these individuals showed signs of asbestos-related illnesses, including mesothelioma cancer, as a result of exposure.
The company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2001 to resolve the thousands of asbestos-related claims filed against it.
Multiple viable bankruptcy trusts recognize various jobsites in Dallas as locations known to have used asbestos within their facilities. Individuals who have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness and have had exposure at any of these Dallas jobsites may be eligible for compensation.
Dallas, Texas Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A. F. Holman Boiler Works, Inc.
- A. H. Belo Corporation
- A. K. Spalding & Company
- A. P. Green Fire Brick Company of Texas
- A. P. Green Industries, Inc.
- Acme Insulation & Supply Company
- Alamo Manufacturing Company Inc.
- Albert Sidney Johnston Elementary School
- American Airlines
- American Etching & Manufacturing
- American Permanent Ware Company
- Angelica Corporation
- Apparel Mart Building
- Aramark Corporation
- Armstrong Containers, Inc.
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Atlantic Refining Company
- Austin Contracting Company
- B & B Engineering & Supply Company, Inc.
- Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Baker Hotel
- Bayles Elementary School
- Baylor Healthcare System
- Baylor University Hospital
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Blue Diamond Company
- C. Wallace Industries, Inc.
- Capital Consultants
- Carpenter Plastering Company
- Cary-Schneider Investment Company
- CertainTeed Products Corporation
- Chance Vought Aircraft
- Chance Vought, Aeronautics & Missiles Division
- City of Dallas Water Department
- Clevepak Corporation
- Coca Cola Company
- Collins Radio Company
- Colony Square Apartments
- Combustion Engineering, Inc.
- Continental Supply Company
- Corn Products Company
- Cotton Belt Gin Saw Manufacturing, Inc.
- Crown Zellerbach Corporation
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Dallas Athletic Club
- Dallas Ceramic Inc.
- Dallas Consolidated Street Railway Company
- Dallas Convention Center
- Dallas County Medical Society Building
- Dallas Electric Light and Power Company
- Dallas Lightweight Aggregate Company
- Dallas Linen Service Company
- Dallas Linen Supply Company, Inc.
- Dallas Love Field Airport
- Dallas Love Field Airport Power Plant
- Dallas News Building
- Dallas Power & Light Company
- Dallas Steam Electric Station
- Dallas Steam Laundry and Dye Works
- Dallas Tollway Towers
- Dallas VA Hospital Medical Center
- Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
- Dearborn Heater Company
- Diamond Alkali Company
- Dixie Lead Company, Inc.
- Dominy Heat-Treating Corporation
- Dr. Pepper Bottling Company of Dallas
- Dresser Industries Inc.
- Drilling Services Corporation
- E.B. Comstock Middle School
- Earl B. Doolin Machine Shop
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Edwin J. Kiest Elementary School
- Empire Insulation & Supply Company
- Essary Insulation
- Estes & Stout Plastering Company
- Eugene B. Smith & Company, Inc.
- Exchange Park Company
- Exchange Park Shopping Center
- Exelon Power Corporation
- F. Hollister Company
- F. W. Glitsch & Sons (now Koch-Glitsch)
- Fair Department Store
- Fair Park Food and Fiber Building
- Fawn Ridge Village Apartments
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Ferris Brick Company
- First International Building
- First National Bank
- First Republic Bank
- Fleming and Sons, Inc.
- Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Fuller-Austin Insulation Company
- GAF Corporation
- Garland Heat Treating
- General Portland Cement Company
- Gold Crest Apartments
- Graham Power Plant
- Grand Court
- Green Floral Company
- Gulf Oil Corporation
- H. C. Price Pipeline Construction Company
- Halgo Inc.
- Hast Brothers Inc.
- Hawes Team Track, Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad
- Hensley Field
- Herbert Marcus Elementary School
- Hydro Conduit Corporation
- Industrial Uniform and Towel Service Inc.
- International Paper Company, Container Division
- Iola Portland Cement Company
- J. C. Penney Construction Services, Inc.
- J. W. Thompson Construction Company, Inc.
- James S. McRae
- Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
- Jones-Blair Paint Company, Inc.
- Julius Dorsey Elementary School
- K. B. Polk Elementary School
- Kinnison Brothers
- L. G. Pinkston High School
- Lake Lavon Power Plant
- Lake Ray Hubbard Dam
- Lake Ray Hubbard Power Plant
- Lake Ray Hubbard SES Rail Spur
- Leslie A. Stemmons Elementary School
- Lincoln High School
- Ling-Temco-Vought Inc.
- Lone Star Cement Corporation
- Lone Star Gas Building
- Lone Star Steel Company
- Love Field Air Terminal
- Lovers Lane United Methodist Church
- LTV Aerospace
- Magnolia Building
- Magnolia Petroleum Company
- Majestic Theater
- Marilyn Embroidery Corporation
- Martin Weiss Elementary School
- Master Tank and Welding, Inc.
- Mayflower Building
- McCrory Residence
- Medical Arts Building
- Mercantile Bank
- Mercantile National Bank Building
- Methodist Hospital
- Morton Foods Inc.
- Mountain Creek Station
- Mrs. Tucker’s Foods, Inc.
- Murray Rubber Company
- Nathaniel Hawthorne Elementary School
- National Cylinder Gas Company
- National Lead Company
- National Linen Service
- National Service Industries Inc.
- NCNB Texas National Bank
- Neiman Marcus Company
- Neuhoff Brothers, Packers, Inc.
- North American Aviation Inc.
- North Lake Powerhouse
- North Texas Bank Building
- North Texas Clinic Association
- Northway Christian Church
- Notre Dame of Dallas
- O.W. Holmes Middle School
- Oak Cliff Ice and Cold Storage Company
- Oak Cliff Paper Mill, Co.
- Oak Lane Team Track
- One Energy Square
- Oriental Laundry Company
- Palace Theatre
- Pamaco, Inc.
- Parkdale Powerhouse
- Parkdale Southeast Station
- Parker-Fallis Insulation Company, Inc.
- Parkland Memorial Hospital
- Pearson Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
- Peden Iron & Steel Company
- Peter Paul Inc.
- Pioneer Packing Company
- Pittman Team Track
- Pollock Paper Corporation
- Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
- Quadrangle Corporation
- Quaker Oats Company
- Ray Taylor, Inc.
- Republic National Bank Building
- Republic Transcon Corporation
- Restland Memorial Park
- RockTenn Company
- Ruberoid Company
- Sam P. Wallace Company, Inc.
- San Jacinto Tower Building
- Santa Fe Terminal Building
- Sears, Roebuck and Company
- Security International, Security Engineering Division
- Shahan Paint, Inc.
- Smith and Whitney
- Southern Lead Company
- Southern Methodist University
- Southern Methodist University Powerhouse
- Southwest Airmotive Company
- Southwest Laboratories
- Southwestern Bell Telephone Company
- Spring Garden Apartments
- Spruce Square Apartments
- St. Paul Medical Center
- Standard Asbestos Manufacturing & Insulating Company
- Statler Hilton Hotel
- Stokely Foods Inc.
- Storbeck, Gregory & Dillard
- Sun Oil Company
- Sunset High School Addition
- Sunshine Biscuits Inc.
- T.W. Browne Middle School
- Telstar Apartments
- Texas B.M. Parker, Raybestos Division
- Texas Bitulithic Company
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Texas Portland Cement and Lime Company
- Texas Power and Light Company
- Texas Tank Inc.
- Texas Tool Traders, Inc.
- Texas Utilities Generating Company
- Thomas A. Marsalis Elementary School
- Thomas Jefferson High School
- Tichenor Company Inc.
- Tobin & Rooney, Inc.
- Tower Apartments
- Tradinghouse Station
- Trespalacios Rice and Irrigation Company
- Trinity Cotton Oil Company
- Trinity Steel, Inc.
- Truett Hospital at Baylor University Medical Center
- TXU Corporation
- TXU Electric Company, Inc.
- U.S. Naval Reserve Air Base
- U.S. Veterans Building
- Union Carbide Corporation
- Union Terminal Company
- United Heat Treating Company
- United Tile Company
- University of Texas
- Vacuum Heat Treating Company, Inc.
- Varel Manufacturing Company
- Verson Manufacturing Company
- Vitalic Battery Company Inc.
- Vought Aircraft Company
- Vought Aircraft Industries, Inc.
- W.R. Grace & Co.
- W.T. White High School
- William A. Blair Elementary School
- William M. Anderson Elementary School
- Williams & Davis Boilers Inc.
- Wilson Building
- World Trade Center
- Wyatt Industries, Inc.
- Zenith Cleaners