01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma Mesothelioma Treatment
Tulsa residents diagnosed with mesothelioma can access treatment options in Oklahoma and bordering states. Patients should seek treatment from a mesothelioma specialist. These doctors may offer a broad range of treatment options for mesothelioma, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and/or surgery. Patients may also be eligible to enroll in local or national clinical trials for mesothelioma.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Tulsa, Oklahoma
Patients who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma should seek care from a cancer center with mesothelioma treatment experience. It is important for patients to work with a mesothelioma specialist. To find this specialized treatment, Tulsa residents may consider traveling to work with mesothelioma doctors.
Patients have the option to seek mesothelioma treatment at cancer centers outside of Oklahoma. For instance, the Lung Institute at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, also treats mesothelioma patients at its dedicated Mesothelioma Treatment Center. The Lung Institute has specialists experienced in treating patients with surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and other treatments.
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma Mesothelioma Doctors
Tulsa mesothelioma patients should seek comprehensive care from specialists experienced in mesothelioma. Specialists may include thoracic surgeons, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists. Mesothelioma doctors are an important part of a patient’s cancer treatment. Patient support staff helps victims and families throughout the treatment process.
Bryan Burt, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma patients in Tulsa have filed mesothelioma lawsuits against responsible asbestos companies after becoming ill. Surviving loved ones have also filed successful lawsuits against negligent asbestos companies. After a diagnosis or death, individuals should talk to a mesothelioma law firm about eligibility for lawsuits and other legal options.
Dedicated attorneys understand state laws around asbestos litigation and can help determine the best legal option for maximum compensation for mesothelioma.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Tulsa asbestos victims should enlist the help of an experienced mesothelioma lawyer before pursuing legal action. Patients can get help from lawyers at nationwide law firms experienced in Oklahoma mesothelioma lawsuits. These firms understand the laws that may impact filing options.
In addition to helping asbestos victims in Tulsa understand the filing process, mesothelioma lawyers can offer help throughout the entire legal process. Attorneys can file the lawsuit on behalf of their client and help them negotiate to obtain maximum compensation for their injuries.
The Gori Law Firm
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Tulsa, Oklahoma
The mesothelioma statutes of limitations are the deadlines for filing asbestos cases. These include personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. The statute of limitations for a personal injury case begins after diagnosis. The statute of limitations for a wrongful death case begins after the victim’s death.
Statutes of Limitations for Tulsa
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
A lawsuit can result in financial compensation that can help cover the costs for treatment, funeral expenses and lost household income. Successful lawsuits have been filed in Tulsa, Oklahoma, resulting in compensation for victims and their families.
Examples of clients who have been assisted in Tulsa include:
Occupations: Navy, Mechanic
Jobsite Worked at: C&R Cousins Furniture (1967 – 1968)
Occupations: Maintenance, National Guard
Jobsite Worked at: Northwest Pipeline Corporation (1974 – 1991)
Jobsite Worked at: Sun Oil (1950 – 1985)
Occupations: Sales, Welder
Jobsite Worked at: Tank Service Inc. (1979 – 1980)
04. Asbestos Use in Tulsa
Asbestos Use in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Asbestos was widely used in many products from the early 1900s through the 1970s. Products that contained asbestos included construction materials, insulation, automotive parts and aircraft parts. Tulsa is home to many aviation facilities, including the American Airlines maintenance base, which is the biggest commercial aviation maintenance facility in the world. Individuals who worked at this facility before 1980 face increased risk of asbestos exposure because of asbestos use in aircraft parts.
Asbestos was also used in many buildings throughout the Tulsa area. Construction workers and insulation installers may have been at risk for asbestos exposure. Some asbestos remains in Tulsa’s buildings to this day and continues to require remediation and removal.
DEQ and Tulsa, Oklahoma Partner to Clean up Asbestos in the Abundant Life Building
Before the asbestos regulations in the 1980s, the mineral was used in many buildings throughout Oklahoma. Some of these asbestos products remain there today, posing an exposure risk for those who live or work in or frequent these buildings.
Asbestos is most dangerous when disturbed. This disturbance makes the fibers airborne and available for inhalation or ingestion. To safely renovate or demolish older buildings, workers must follow proper asbestos remediation procedures. These procedures can be expensive to undertake.
In 2020, the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) and City of Tulsa partnered to remediate asbestos in the Abundant Life Building, a local landmark. The DEQ and Tulsa each provided a $1 million loan to complete the work. However, so far, the building remains closed and unused.
Tulsa, Oklahoma Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Abundant Life Building
- American Airlines
- American Public Service Company
- Applied Thermal Systems, Inc.
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Bareco Oil Company
- Bryant Refractory Company
- Carpenters Local Union 943
- Central Library
- Cinerama Theatre
- Cities Service Oil Company
- City Metal & Plastic Fabricators
- Douglas Aircraft Company
- Econo-Therm Corporation
- Edison Preparatory School
- Empire Roofing & Insulation Company
- Enterprise Building
- First Baptist Tulsa
- First National Bank of Oklahoma
- Flintco LLC
- G.C. Broach Company
- Getty Oil Company
- Gulf Pipe Line Company
- Harley Sales Company of Oklahoma, Inc.
- Hillcrest Manor Nursing Home
- Hillcrest Medical Center
- Humble Oil and Refining Co.
- Ice and Packing Company
- Insulation Services, Inc.
- Jones & Laughlin Steel Company
- Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corporation
- Kanawha Fittings
- Kennedy Building
- L.A. King Company
- Lone Star Pressure Precision Company
- M.W. Kellogg Company
- Maloney-Crawford Tank Corporation
- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Mayo Hotel
- McLain High School for Science and Technology
- Mid-Continent Petroleum Corporation
- Middle West Utilities Company of Illinois
- Mohawk Water Treatment Plant
- National Tank Company
- Oklahoma Gas & Electric Company
- Oklahoma Power Company
- Oral Roberts University
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas
- Ozark Steel
- Philcade Building
- Philtower Building
- Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO) Power Plant
- Rogers Galvanizing Company
- Saint Francis Hospital
- Sand Springs Trail Trek
- Sinclair Oil Corporation
- Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother (SSM) St. John Ministry
- Skelly Oil Company
- Southland Shopping Center
- St. John Medical Center
- Stanolind Oil and Gas Company
- Stevens Asbestos Product Company, Inc.
- Stevens-King Company, Inc.
- Sun Oil Company of Pennsylvania Refinery
- Sun Petroleum Products Company
- Sunray DX Oil Co. Refinery
- Texaco, Inc. Refinery
- Texas Company
- Thermo Technology Plant
- Thorpe Plant Services, Inc.
- Trigen Tulsa Energy Corporation
- Tulsa Assembly Center
- Tulsa City Hall
- Tulsa International Airport Buildings and Facilities
- Tulsa National Bank
- Tulsa Performing Arts Center Buildings and Facilities
- Tulsa Power Station
- Tulsa Rig and Reel Manufacturing Company
- Tulsa Tube Bending Company
- U.S. Army Corps Engineers, Tulsa District
- Union Carbide Corporation
- United Insulation Company
- University of Tulsa
- Warren Clinic Urgent Care-Springer
- Warren Petroleum Corporation
- Wheeler’s Drywall LLC