Dr. Prakash Neupane
Dr. Prakash Neupane is a medical oncologist at the University of Kansas Cancer Center. He is the director of the center's head and neck program, as well as an associate professor of medicine. Dr. Neupane additionally serves as Program Director of the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship.
In addition to his expertise in head and neck cancers, Dr. Neupane is experienced with lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies. He is a proponent of multidiscplinary care, believing a team approach to developing a patient's treatment plan will improve survival outcomes.
Main Specialty: Hematology, Thoracic Oncology
Specialties/Areas of Interest: Head and neck cancer and thoracic oncology.
Other Interests & Specialties: American Board of Internal Medicine Certifications in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
Certifications, Awards & Accolades: Member of the Nepal Medical Association, member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, member of the American Society of Hematology, member of the American College of Physicians, member of Southwest Oncology Group
Education & Experience:
- Medical Degree from the Institute of Medicine, Tribhuwan University
- Internship at the Institute of Medicine, Tribhuwan University
- Internship at the St. Barnabas Hospital
- Residency at St. Barnabas Hospital
- Fellowship for Hematology Oncology at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center