01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Toledo
Toledo, Ohio Mesothelioma Treatment
Toledo mesothelioma patients have access to high-quality treatment options for mesothelioma. With several cancer centers and mesothelioma doctors in neighboring cities and states, patients can find a medical team that aligns with their needs. Patients can access personalized care from doctors at facilities in Detroit, Michigan, or Cleveland. These centers may also be able to help patients access clinical trials.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Toledo, Ohio
Patients in Toledo may seek treatment from cancer centers offering mesothelioma care. One of the larger cancer centers in the area is the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute at Wayne State University in Detroit. Researchers at this cancer center conduct research for early detection of mesothelioma and lung cancer. Patients can receive radiation therapy, supportive oncology and specialized care at this center.
St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Cancer Center
Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute
University of Michigan
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Toledo
Toledo, Ohio Mesothelioma Doctors
It is important that mesothelioma patients seek specialized care. There are experienced mesothelioma doctors and oncologists in Ohio and neighboring states. These specialists develop treatment plans that are unique to each patient. Individualized treatment may help improve mesothelioma patients’ comfort and quality of life.
Shirish M. Gadgeel, M.D.
Ayman Soubani, M.D.
Gregory P. Kalemkerian, M.D.
Nathan Pennell, M.D., Ph.D.
James Stevenson, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Toledo
Toledo, Ohio Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Any level of asbestos exposure may cause serious health issues, such as malignant mesothelioma. Ohio asbestos victims may be eligible for compensation if diagnosed with a related disease. Mesothelioma compensation options include trust fund claims, lawsuit verdicts and settlements.
Individuals who wish to file a lawsuit or claim should contact a mesothelioma lawyer for guidance and representation. Experienced lawyers can assist asbestos victims with gathering information, choosing a defendant and building their case. Common mesothelioma lawsuit defendants include building material manufacturers.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Toledo, Ohio
Toledo victims diagnosed with an asbestos-related cancer should seek legal assistance from a mesothelioma law firm. Mesothelioma lawyers are experienced in filing lawsuits on behalf of victims and their families. An asbestos lawyer can guide victims and their families through the process of bringing a lawsuit against the responsible parties.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Toledo, Ohio
Mesothelioma patients and surviving loved ones must file a lawsuit within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Ohio. A mesothelioma lawyer with Ohio experience can provide specific information about these deadlines.
Statutes of Limitations for Toledo
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Claimants may also be eligible for other types of compensation, such as VA benefits or asbestos trust fund claims. A dedicated asbestos attorney can explain an individual’s eligibility and filing options. Mesothelioma law firms can help individuals file their claims and secure compensation.
Examples of clients served in Toledo include:
Occupations: Navy, Pipefitter
Jobsites Worked at: Surface Combustion (1956 – 1957)
Occupations: Construction, Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: Ruttman Construction Co. (1977)
Occupations: Plant worker, Abatement worker
Jobsites Worked at: Libbey-Owens-Ford Company (1955 – 1957); Toledo Express Airport (1956 – 1963)
Jobsites Worked at: A Bentley & Sons Co. (1958); Alnan, Inc. (1971); Fouty & Co. (1969 – 1987); Society Bank and Trust (1966 – 1973); Standard Oil (1953 – 1959); Village Farm Dairy (1956 – 1965)
04. Asbestos Use in Toledo
Asbestos Use in Toledo, Ohio
By the late 19th century, Toledo, Ohio, was the second largest railroad hub in the country. This ease of transportation incentivized several industries to establish their roots in the city. Glass and automobile manufacturers were the most notable of these industries. Both of these industries are known to have used asbestos and asbestos products.
Asbestos was widely used at industrial jobsites because it is durable, resistant to chemicals and can withstand high temperatures. It was also used to make protective clothing and gear worn by workers exposed to high heat environments. Because of the widespread use of asbestos in Toledo industries, workers and residents were placed at risk for mesothelioma.
Asbestos at Dana Corporation in Toledo, Ohio
From the 1920s through the 1980s, Dana Corporation manufactured a wide array of automobile parts that contained asbestos. Asbestos was a common additive in automotive parts to prevent overheating and fire in the car’s internal components. Some Dana Corporation products known to have contained asbestos include:
- Brake linings
- Brake pads
Employees at Dana Corporation’s Toledo, Ohio, plant were exposed to asbestos during automobile manufacturing. Loved ones of workers were at risk of secondary exposure to asbestos that was brought home on workers’ clothing.
Dana Corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in March 2006. Asbestos companies may file for bankruptcy protection because of high levels of asbestos-related legal claims.
In October 2007, Dana Corporation agreed to settle approximately 7,500 personal injury claims. The company agreed to pay about $2 million dollars to people exposed to the company’s asbestos-containing gaskets. As of June that same year, the company was facing nearly 150,000 asbestos-related personal injury claims related to the gaskets.
Individuals diagnosed with mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos at Dana Corporation, or other Toledo companies, may be eligible for compensation. An experienced mesothelioma lawyer can assist you with the process of filing a lawsuit or claim.
Toledo, Ohio Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.P. Green Industries
- Acklin Stamping Company
- Allied Chemical Corporation
- Allied-Signal, Inc.
- America Weldless Steel Tube Company
- American Can Company Building
- American Creosoting Company
- American Mineral Spirits Company (AMSCO)
- American Motors Corporation (AMC)
- American Shipbuilding Company
- American Structural Products Company
- American Suede Shoe Company
- Ann Arbor Railroad Company
- Arbuckle-Ryan Company
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Asphalt Block Pavement Company
- Bayshore Power Plant
- Bechtol, Carney & Company
- BP America, Inc.
- BP Amoco Ohio
- BP Toledo Refinery
- Broadway High Service Pumping Station
- Brush-Wellman, Inc.
- Buckeye Brewing Company
- Bunting Bearings Corp.
- Bunting Brass and Bronze Company
- Catalytic Construction Company
- Central Avenue Shops
- Central Heating Company
- Champion Spark Plug Company
- Champlain Street Plant
- Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad
- Chevrolet Plant Building
- Chicago and Toledo Railway Company
- Chrysler Corporation (GM)
- Citizens Lighting and Heating Company
- City Auto Stamping Co., Inc.
- City of Toledo Water Works
- Cleveland, Painseville & Eastern Railway
- Consolidated St. Railway Company
- Continental Aviation and Engineering Company
- Dana Corporation
- Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Station
- Detroit and Toledo Railroad
- Doehler-Jarvis Castings
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company
- Eagle-Picher Bearings Division
- Edward Ford Plate Glass Company
- Electric Autolite Company
- Elmhurst School C-959
- Federal Creosoting Company
- Federal Office Building (Summit Street)
- Ferro Corporation, Ottawa Chemical Division
- Fiberglass Tower
- Fluor Corporation
- Forest City Brewing Company
- Fred Christen & Sons Company
- General Electric Company
- General Mills Company
- General Motors Corporation
- General Tire & Rubber Company
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation
- Glendale Siding Plant
- Gulf Oil Refinery
- H.B. Milwine and Company
- Hilton Davis Chemical Company
- Hydro-Blast, Inc.
- I.D. Smead and Company
- Interlake Iron Corporation Buildings
- Interlake Steel Corporation
- Ironhead Marine, Inc.
- Jay L. Angel, Inc.
- Kaighin and Hughes, Inc.
- Kaiser Jeep Corporation
- Kimball Glass Company
- Lake Erie Water Project
- Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railway
- Landers Corporation
- Larry L. Kaufman Company
- LaSalle Apartments
- Libbey-Owens-Ford Company
- Libbey-Owens-Ford Glass Company
- Lummus Company
- Mather Company
- Maumee Rolling Mill Company
- Mennel Milling Company
- Midland-Ross Corporation
- National Castings
- National Cement Products Company
- National Malleable & Steel Castings Company
- National Union Building
- Navarre Ave. Siding
- New York Central Railroad, Airline Junction Plant
- NL Industries, Inc.
- Nordyke and Marmon Company
- Northern Refrigerating Company
- Obear-Nester Glass Company
- Oglebay Norton Company
- Ohio Fuel Gas Company
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company
- P.R. Sussman Company
- Perstorp Polyols Incorporated
- Phillips Petroleum Company
- Plibrico Sales & Services
- Port Lawrence Company Building
- Prestolite International Corporation
- Procon, Inc.
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital
- Pure Oil Company Refinery
- Republic Steel Corporation
- Riverside Mercy Hospital
- Rossford Ordnance Depot
- Rust Engineering Company
- Save Electric Company
- Scott High School
- Second Church of Christ Scientist
- Second National Bank Building
- Service Products, Inc.
- Sherium Metals
- Skeldon Engineering Company
- Sohio Refinery
- Spicer Manufacturing Company
- St. Vincent Medical Center
- Standard Oil Refinery
- Sun Oil Company Refinery (Sunoco)
- Surface Combustion Corporation
- Tecumseh Products, Acklin Stamping Division
- Teledyne CAE
- Teledyne Turbine Engines
- Textileather Corporation
- Tillotson Manufacturing Company
- Toledo and Indiana Railroad Company
- Toledo and Western Railway Company
- Toledo Blade
- Toledo Bolt and Nut Company
- Toledo Bridge and Crane Company
- Toledo Clinic
- Toledo Consolidated Street Railway Company
- Toledo Edison Acme Power Plant
- Toledo Edison Company
- Toledo Federal Office Building
- Toledo Furnace Company
- Toledo Gas, Electric and Heating Company
- Toledo Grain and Milling Company
- Toledo Marine Terminals, Inc.
- Toledo News Bee Company
- Toledo Shipbuilding Company
- Toledo Shot Div.
- Toledo State Hospital
- Toledo Steel Casting Company
- Toledo Steel Tube Company
- Toledo Storage Ice Company
- Toledo Transmission Operations Plant
- Toledo Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Toledo Water Works
- Toledo-Massillon Bridge Company
- Toledo, Columbus and Cincinnati Railway Company
- Toledo, St. Louis and Western Railroad Company
- U.S. Post Office Building
- U.S. Reduction Company
- Unitcast Foundry
- Vulcan Team Track
- Water Street Station
- Westinghouse Electric Company
- Willys-Overland Company (Willys-Overland Motors, Inc.)
- Wiltsie Realty Company
- Woolson Spice Company
- Wright Brothers Greenhouse Company
- WSPD Radio Broadcasting Studios