First settled in 1636, Springfield initially relied on fur-trading and agriculture for revenue. However, its location at the juncture of the Connecticut and Agawam Rivers lent itself to industrial development, and mills of all sorts were soon established. In 1794, Springfield was chosen as the site of the United States Armory, partly due to the metal-working technology and skilled workers available. The Armory, which operated until 1968, produced the well-known Springfield Rifle and spurred such technological advances as interchangeable parts and mass production. In the 19th century, the arrival of railroads led to another growth spurt, and Springfield incorporated as a city in 1852 . The large number of Victorian mansions and single-family dwellings built during this period earned Springfield the nickname “City of Homes.” Many iconic companies were also founded in Springfield, including revolver manufacturer Smith & Wesson (1856), board-game makers Milton Bradley Company (1860), Indian Motorcycle Manufacturing Company (1901) and Friendly Ice Cream Corporation (1935). As with many New England cities, Springfield’s manufacturing base declined in the late 20th century, and many companies relocated. Industries such as finance, insurance and health care have become more prominent in recent decades.
Springfield is a city with a substantial manufacturing history, and we have identified numerous jobsites in Springfield where asbestos exposure has occurred, putting workers at risk for diseases such as mesothelioma. For your convenience, we have listed mesothelioma cancer centers located in or near Springfield at the bottom of this page. Additionally, you should know that asbestos law firms represent people from Springfield who were exposed to asbestos and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Sites in Springfield, Massachusetts
If you worked at any of these companies and/or job sites in Springfield, Massachusetts, you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma cancer.
Springfield, Massachusetts Companies With Known Asbestos Use
- Allen Street Housing Project
- American Bosch Corp
- American International College
- American Linen Supply
- American Rex Oil Heating
- Amherst College
- Ballard Company
- Bay State Abrasive Products West
- Bay State Boiler Repair
- Bay State Building Boiler Repair
- Bay State Fire Brick Company
- Bay State Hospital
- Bay State Medical Center
- Bay State West
- Baystate Gas Company
- Bethel Temple
- Birnie Paper Company
- Boston and Albany Railroad
- Carlson Pattern Shop
- Century Investment Company
- Colonial Estates
- Converse Carlisle Coal
- D. O’Connell’s Sons
- Daniel H Morgan
- Dempsey Industrial Furnaces
- Diamond Match Company
- Esso Standard Oil Company
- F L Roberts & Company Inc
- Fisk Tire Uniroyal
- Forbes Wallace
- General Electric Company
- H. L. Handy Company
- Hampden Brass & Aluminum Company
- Hartford Dispatch and Warehouse Company, Inc.
- House of Good Shepherd
- Humanities Building Springfield Technical Community
- Humble Oil & Refining
- Indian Motorcycle
- Jalin Foundry Corp
- Johnson Asbestos
- Koehring Manufacturing
- Mac Duffie School
- Manufacturers Engineering Company
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Ins Company
- Memorial Bridge Underpass
- Mercy Hospital
- Monsanto Chemical Company
- Moore Drop Forging Company
- National Papeterie Company
- New England Metallurgical Corp
- New England Smelting Works
- New England Telephone & Telegraph Building
- Northgate Shopping Plaza
- Ny Central Railroad Company
- P L Roberts & Company Inc
- Perrini Corp
- Petroleum Engineering Corporation
- Phelps Publishing Company
- River View Housing
- Roberts & Company Inc
- Sheraton Motor Inn
- Smith Adams and Houghton
- Springfield Armory
- Springfield Boy’s Club
- Springfield Brewing Company
- Springfield Coach Works
- Springfield College
- Springfield Court House
- Springfield Gas & Electric Company
- Springfield Gas Light Company
- Springfield Hobby Club
- Springfield Hospital
- Springfield Housing Authority
- Springfield Plaza
- Springfield Post Office
- Springfield Provision Company
- Springfield Public Schools
- Springfield Realty Trust Company
- Springfield Street Railway Company
- Springfield Tech. Community College
- Springfield Waste Company
- St. Josephs Church
- St. Patricks Church
- Stone & Webster Construction
- Storms Drop Forging Company
- Technical H.S.
- Third National Bank
- Thomas P. Leger & Sons
- Titeflex Inc
- Topps Inc
- Turner Construction Company
- Turner Falls Power & Electric Company
- Two Guys, Vornado Incorporated
- United Light Company
- United Realty of Springfield
- University of Massachusetts
- Us Armory Shops
- Wesson Hospital
- Western Mass Electric Company
- Western Mass Powerhouse
- Western Massachussets Electric Company
- Western New England College
- Westinghouse Elec and Manufacturing Company
- Wyckoff & Lloyd Company
- Yankee Oil Company
Find a Mesothelioma Doctor near Springfield, MA
If you need help getting an accurate diagnosis or developing a treatment plan, the following mesothelioma doctors and oncologists who practice near Springfield, Massachusetts have the expertise to assist you. More detailed information about each doctor is available by clicking on the appropriate doctor detail link. Details about their background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations and contact information is provided.
Michael R. Grey, M.D.
Anthony Testa, M.D.
Frank C. Detterbeck, M.D.
Carrie A. Redlich, M.D.
Sundaresan T. Sambandam, M.D.
John Pella, M.D.
Jack A. Elias, M.D.
Michael S. Kent, M.D.
Pasi A. Janne, M.D.
Scott J. Swanson, M.D.
David J. Kwiatkowski, M.D.
Raphael Bueno, M.D.
Richard L. Kradin, M.D.
Tracey L. Weigel, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Springfield, Massachusetts Mesothelioma Cancer Centers
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma cancer centers within a 100-mile radius of Springfield, Massachusetts. Click on a specific cancer center link to obtain more information about the clinical programs offered, affiliated mesothelioma doctors and how to contact the cancer center.
Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute at Hartford Hospital
Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven
Yale Cancer Center
Lifespan Cancer Institute, Rhode Island Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
04. Support Services
Locate Cancer Support Services Near Springfield
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services near Springfield, Massachusetts for your convenience.
Massachusetts Treatment Support Services
- Connecticut Counseling Services
- Look Good Feel Better Program
- Memorial Hospital
- Care New England Wellness Center
- Connecticut Counseling Services
- Ann’s Place
- South County Health
- Montage Rocky Hill
- Flats at 390
- American Cancer Society Hotel Partner Program
- Extended Stay America Hotels Warwick
- Alliance for Better Long Term Care
- Atria Stratford
- AstraZeneca Hope Lodge – Boston
- Boston Housing Authority
- Andover Dial a Ride
- Connecticut Transportation Solutions
- Med Tech Ambulance Service
- Accu Tran Ambulance Service
- Sweetheart Transportation Service
- Gentle Care Ride
- Connecticut Transportation Solutions
- Central Boston Elder Services
- Entourage Transportation
- Gaylord Physical Therapy, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Griffin Hospital
- Roger Williams Cancer Center
- Rhode Island Hospital, The Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Kent Hospital
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Concord Hospital Rehab Services
- Exeter Hospital Physical Therapy
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Lawsuit in Springfield
Don’t lose your right to file a mesothelioma claim. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos in Springfield, Massachusetts, you may be entitled to compensation. You must file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Massachusetts.
06. Law Firms
Asbestos Law Firms Servicing Springfield, MA
The Deaton Law Firm offers support to those suffering from Mesothelioma and asbestos related diseases. We provide compassionate assistance, guidance and hope to those diagnosed with Mesothelioma. We are dedicated to holding corporate entities accountable to you and your family for their negligent actions.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
If you’ve chosen Shepard Law, you’ve made the right choice. With special expertise handling environmental torts, such major asbestos claims involving mesothelioma or lung cancer, we commit the full resources of our firm to every case we take.
For more than 35 years, Thornton Law Firm LLP has been a leader in mesothelioma and asbestos illness litigation. We have a national reputation for persistence and success that draws clients from throughout the Northeast and across the country.