Louisiana entered the Union in 1812, and Baton Rouge was incorporated five years later. During the 19th century, Baton Rouge had a thriving riverboat trade, although industrial and economic development was interrupted by the Civil War, and the temporary relocation of the state capital. During the 20th century, Baton Rouge became a center for petroleum, salt and natural gas processing. The Standard Oil Company built a refinery in 1909, which is currently operated by ExxonMobil. The expansion of industry also touched off a construction boom. Companies like Shaw Group, Turner Industries and Kaiser Engineers built oil refineries and aluminum plants, among other structures. Easy access to petroleum by-products brought a host of chemical and polymer companies, including Copolymer Corporation (1943), Dow Chemical, W.R. Grace (1955), DuPont and Borden Chemical. Despite periodic setbacks from flooding and hurricanes, Baton Rouge continues to be a strong industrial and port city, with a vigorous construction trade.
Baton Rouge has a substantial history of heavy industry and commercial construction during a period when asbestos-containing materials were widely used. Workers exposed to asbestos may be at risk for malignant mesothelioma, a cancer affecting the lungs. We provide information about mesothelioma treatment options in and around Baton Rouge at the bottom of this page. If you were exposed to asbestos in Baton Rouge, you may benefit from seeking the advice of a mesothelioma lawyer.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Sites in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If you worked at any of these companies and/or job sites in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma cancer.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana Companies With Known Asbestos Use
- A.G. Mckee Company For Standard Oil
- Aber Company, Inc.
- Allied Chemical & Dye Corporation
- AlliedSignal, Inc.
- Aluminum Company of America
- Anco Insulation, Inc.
- Arco Polymers
- Ascension H.S.
- Avondale Shipyards Inc – Baton Rouge
- B & B Engineering & Supply Company
- Barnard & Burk Industrial
- Baton Rouge Charity Hospital
- Baton Rouge City Docks
- Baton Rouge Elec Company
- Best Manufacturing Company Inc
- Big Cajun Power Station
- Bolton Company
- Borden Chemical
- Broadmoor Middle School
- Cajun Electric
- Cambon Team Track
- Central Middle School
- City Water Department
- Consolidated Chemical Corporation
- Convent Refinery
- Copolymer Rubber & Chemical Corporation
- Crawford Corporation
- Delta Southern Division
- Delta Southern Tank Company
- Delta Tank Manufacturing Plant
- Department of Education Building
- Dow Chemical
- Dupree, Inc.
- Eagle Asbestos & Packing Company, Inc.
- Enjay Chemical Company
- Entergy Gulf States Inc
- Esso Oil
- Esso Plant
- Esso Research & Engineering Center
- Esso Standard Oil Company
- Ethyl Corporation
- Exxon Chemical U.S.A.
- Exxon Louisiana
- Exxon Refinery
- First Baptist Church
- Fluid Handling Systems
- Foster Grant Company
- General Chemical Division
- Georgia Pacific Corp
- Grace Chemical Resesarch & Developm
- Grant Chemical Plant
- Gulf States Utilities Company
- Hbm River Plant
- Hercules Inc
- Herrin Transfer & Warehouse Company, Inc.
- Hullinghorst Industries, Inc.
- Humble Oil & Refining Company
- Insulation Engineers, Inc.
- JTT Warehouse
- Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corporation
- Kaiser Company, Inc.
- Kaiser Engineers, Inc.
- Kaiser Steel
- La Concrete South Spur
- La Mo Refractory Supply
- Local 582 – Boilermakers Union
- Local 720-Millwright/Steel Workers Union
- Louisiana State Penitentiary
- Louisiana State University
- Louisiana Steam Generation Company
- Louisiana Steam Products
- Lurgi Knost, Inc.
- Maryland Tank Farm
- Mayer Goodraux
- Mccarty Branton, Incorporated
- McKinley High School
- McKinley Middle Magnet Building
- Mechanical Insulation Company
- Mengel Box Company
- Mid Stream Fuel Service
- Mississippi Chemical Corporation
- Mobil Chemical
- Mobil Oil Louisiana
- Monochem Incorporated
- North Baton Rouge Development Company, Inc.
- Old Union Brew Building
- Olyner Rubber & Chemical Corp
- Paxon Polymer Company Lp
- Peoples Laundry
- Permanente Metals Corporation
- Ramsey Scarlet
- Reilly-Benton Company, Inc.
- Rise, Inc.
- River Bend Nuclear Generating Station
- Rollins Purle Inc
- Rust Engineering Company
- Ryan Airport
- School Board Office Building
- Scotlandville Magnet High
- Solvay Process Company
- South Greenville Elementary Ma North 44Th Street
- Southern University
- St. Pius X Catholic Church
- Standard Asbestos Manufacturing & Insulating Company
- Standard Oil Company of Louisiana
- Standard Oil Company of New Jersey
- Standard Oil Refinery
- State of Louisiana Education Building
- State Office Building
- Stauffer Chemical Company
- Uniroyal Chemical
- Vcm Plant
- W. H. Myrick Construction Company
- W.R. Grace & Company
- Willow Glen
- Wilson Steel
- Woodlawn High School
- Wr Grace Plastics Plant
Mesothelioma Doctors near Baton Rouge, Louisiana
We have gathered below a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, and office locations.
Robert Ramirez, D.O.
Brian L. Pettiford, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Contact a Cancer Center near Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If you need help getting an accurate diagnosis or developing a treatment plan, the following mesothelioma cancers near Baton Rouge, Louisiana have the resources available to assist you. More detailed information about each cancer center is available by clicking on the appropriate cancer center detail link.
The Gayle and Tom Benson Cancer Center
04. Support Services
Mesothelioma Patient Support Services near Baton Rouge
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services near Baton Rouge, Louisiana for your convenience.
Louisiana Treatment Support Services
- Cancer Services
- Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center
- Mississippi Cancer Institute
- Patrick F. Taylor Hope Lodge
- Deming Pavilion Guest Housing
- Women’s & Children’s Hospital
- Thomas & McMahan Cancer Foundation
- Our Lady of Lourdes
- Pontchartrain Cancer Center
- Tulane Medical Center
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Lawsuit in Baton Rouge
If you were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit to hold those responsible accountable. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Louisiana.
06. Law Firms
Legal Help for Baton Rouge Residents
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
The attorneys at Landry & Swarr are focused on asbestos law and will fight for the rights of victims and their families. We have extensive experience representing families dealing with all types of occupational diseases including malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and toxic chemicals such as benzene.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.
Simon Greenstone Panatier Barlett, PC is comprised of experienced trial attorneys who possess knowledge and familiarity with asbestos-related diseases. We believe that those injured by careless asbestos exposure have the right to fair recompense for their suffering, and we are committed to holding the reckless companies responsible.