01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Akron
Akron, Ohio Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma patients in Akron may seek quality mesothelioma care close to home. Close proximity to Cleveland and Pittsburgh provides patients with excellent care options. There are mesothelioma cancer centers throughout eastern Ohio and southwest Pennsylvania. Patients can seek personalized care from doctors who specialize in mesothelioma.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Akron, Ohio
In Akron, mesothelioma patients can seek care in Ohio from a variety of cancer centers. One prominent cancer center near Akron is the Cleveland Clinic’s Taussig Cancer Center. This cancer center offers advanced mesothelioma treatment options, including video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS).
Thoracic surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic have been ranked #1 by U.S. News and World Report. This ranking is because of their expertise and use of state-of-the-art techniques. More than 400 cancer doctors, researchers and nurses work at this center. Besides performing traditional methods, they also research and perform promising treatments.
Patients can also access support services at the clinic and other local facilities. For instance, patients and their loved ones may find support groups, healing services and more.
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Akron
Akron, Ohio Mesothelioma Doctors
Mesothelioma patients in Akron have a wide range of specialists to choose from. In eastern Ohio and southwest Pennsylvania, patients can access mesothelioma doctors. These doctors may specialize in thoracic surgery, chemotherapy or other mesothelioma treatments.
Mesothelioma doctors and their teams have experience treating different types of mesothelioma. They create personalized treatment plans for each patient. Many of these doctors are also involved in mesothelioma research and clinical trials.
Nathan Pennell, M.D., Ph.D.
James D. Luketich, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Akron
Akron, Ohio Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Residents of Akron who are diagnosed with mesothelioma may be entitled to compensation. These funds come from negligent companies responsible for victims’ exposure to asbestos.
Mesothelioma compensation options may include filing a lawsuit or asbestos trust fund claim. Mesothelioma lawsuits may result in mesothelioma settlements or jury verdicts. An experienced mesothelioma law firm will guide claimants through the entire legal process. This includes gathering all necessary documentation to file a lawsuit or claim.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Akron, Ohio
Asbestos victims in Akron can seek legal guidance from a law firm experienced in mesothelioma cases. Mesothelioma lawyers are experienced in asbestos litigation. They can help victims understand Ohio’s asbestos laws and how they may impact filing requirements.
A mesothelioma law firm, such as Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney & Meisenkothen, can help Akron asbestos victims. Lawyers here can find the best means of obtaining the compensation victims deserve. Financial compensation can help patients cover expenses like treatment costs and lost income. It can also help provide financial stability for families after a loved one passes.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Akron, Ohio
Experienced lawyers can provide guidance about Ohio laws that may impact legal options. Mesothelioma law firms can explain Ohio’s statutes of limitations for filing asbestos-related lawsuits.
Statutes of Limitations for Akron
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Lawyers can also help patients and families determine which companies may be liable. This depends on where and how the exposure occurred. This includes investigating cases, gathering evidence and handling the filing process. Mesothelioma lawyers will work to help victims secure compensation from asbestos companies.
Examples of clients served in the greater Akron area include:
Jobsites Worked at: The F&O Shoe Company (1956)
Occupations: Navy, Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: United Steelworkers Union (1966 – 2003)
Jobsites Worked at: Lakes Heating (1965 – 1966)
Occupations: Nurse, Household
Jobsites Worked at: American Professional Employer, Inc. (1997)
04. Asbestos Use in Akron
Asbestos Use in Akron, Ohio
More than a dozen organizations in Akron have used asbestos. Asbestos has been identified in many homes, factories, schools, churches and other buildings. It can be found in cement, insulation and other products.
Many Akron companies in industries such as rubber and chemical manufacturing used asbestos materials. This widespread use of asbestos put Ohio workers, residents and visitors at risk of exposure.
Asbestos Use in Akron, Ohio Rubber Mills
The city of Akron is a major producer of rubber products in America. It became home to rubber manufacturing in the late 1800s. At that time, Dr. B.F. Goodrich chose to start the first rubber manufacturing company west of the Appalachians. Soon after, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company was also founded in Akron. Firestone Tire and Rubber Company and other manufacturers also began here.
Throughout the 1900s, these companies used asbestos in their products and manufacturing processes. Common asbestos products included fireproof textiles, filler material and insulation. Minerals like talc could also be contaminated with asbestos. These products put Akron workers at risk of developing asbestos-related diseases like mesothelioma.
Symptoms of mesothelioma may develop in current or former employees of these companies. Early detection of mesothelioma can lead to better treatment outcomes. Individuals who were exposed to asbestos should consider seeking a medical evaluation if they have mesothelioma symptoms.
Akron, Ohio Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A. Schulman Company
- Adamson United Company
- Akron and Cuyahoga Falls Rapid Transit Company
- Akron Brewing Company
- Akron Children’s Hospital
- Akron City Hospital
- Akron Electric Company
- Akron Gas Company
- Akron General Health
- Akron General Hospital
- Akron Heating and Ventilating Company
- Akron Iron Company
- Akron Milling, Mining & Manufacturing Company
- Akron Rubber Reclaiming Company
- Akron Safety Building
- Akron Standard Mold Company
- Akron Steam Heating Company
- Akron Steel Treating Plant
- Akron Street Railway and Illuminating Company
- Akron Thermal
- Akron Tower Supply Company
- Akron Water Works Company
- Akwell Corporation
- Alkali Rubber Company
- American Cereal Company
- American Hard Rubber Company
- American Rubber & Tire Company Inc.
- Atlantic Foundry Company
- B.F. Goodrich Chemical Company
- B.F. Goodrich Rubber Company
- Beach Street Heating
- Brown-Graves Company
- Burkhardt Brewing Company
- C.P. Hall Chemical
- Carrier Corporation
- Castle Homes
- City of Akron, Department of Public Services
- Crawford Garage
- Crouse Clay Products Company
- Defense Plant Corporation, Plant C
- Diamond Crystal Salt Company
- Diamond Crystal-Colonial Salt Division of General Foods Corporation
- Diamond Rubber Company
- F. Schumacher & Company
- Falor Street Plant
- Ferroit Bros., Inc.
- Firestone Tire and Rubber Company
- General Foods Corporation
- General Tire & Rubber Company
- George J. Renner Brewing Company
- Goodyear Aircraft Plant
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Gorge Powerhouse
- H. Muehlstein Company, Inc.
- H.B. Camp Company
- Hagedorn Construction Company
- Industrial Artcraft Company
- International Harvester Company
- J.C. Heintz Company
- J.W. Geopfert Company, Inc.
- John Knapp Sons’ Foundry Company
- Kelly-Springfield Tire Company
- Killian Manufacturing Company
- Knapp Foundry Company, Inc.
- Kovatch Castings, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems & Sensors
- Loew’s Theatre
- Mahoning Valley Supply, Inc.
- Marathon Tire and Rubber Company
- Mau-Sherwood Supply Company
- McNell Machine & Engineering Company
- Meggitt Aircraft Braking Systems
- Midwest Rubber Reclaiming Company
- Miller Rubber Company
- Mohawk Rubber Company
- National Drywall, Inc.
- National Rubber Company
- National Rubber Machinery Company
- Naval Air Training Station
- Northern Ohio Traction and Light Company
- Noveon Inc.
- Nurses’ Home, City Hospital
- Ohio Edison Company
- Parker Drywall
- Peoples Hospital
- Philadelphia Rubber Works Company
- Portage Hotel
- Portage Machine Company
- Portage Straw Board Company
- Quaker Oats Company
- R.C.A. Rubber Company
- Richard’s Fence Company, Inc.
- Robinson Brothers, Inc.
- Robinson Clay Products Company
- Schriber Sheet Metal Company
- Sears, Chapel Hill Shopping Center
- Seiberling Plant
- Seiberling Rubber Company
- St. Paul’s Church
- Star Rubber Company
- Thomas Phillips Company
- Toronto Station
- University of Akron
- Vicksburg Railroad Power and Manufacturing Company
- W.F. Murdock Company
- Wellman-Seaver-Morgan Company
- Werner Company
- Western Ohio Railway Company
- Whitman and Barnes Manufacturing Company
- Whitmore, Robinson & Company
- William Lay Company
- wTe Corporation