Niagara Falls was settled sometime in the 17th century, and was not incorporated as a city until 1892. Industry in Niagara Falls took a leap forward in 1895, the year that the Niagara Falls Power Company began generating hydroelectric power, and Jacob Schoellkopf completed his second hydroelectric plant. By the time of the Pan-American Exposition in 1901, more than two dozen companies were operating on property owned by the Niagara Falls Power Company, including Carborundum Company, Union Carbide Company, and Niagara Electro Chemical Company. In 1918, the two power companies merged, retaining the Niagara Falls name. Soon paper, rubber, plastics and other industries moved to Niagara Falls to take advantage of the inexpensive and abundant electrical supply. The devastating collapse of the Schoellkopf Power Station in 1956 reduced local generating capacity. This led to an industrial and economic decline. Tourism is currently the main revenue generator for Niagara Falls, attracting nearly ten million visitors annually to the falls and entertainment venues such as the Seneca Niagara Casino, which opened in 2003.
Niagara Falls is notable for its history of heavy industry and power generation, in which asbestos materials were frequently used. We have identified numerous jobsites in Niagara Falls where asbestos exposure has occurred. If you were exposed to asbestos in Niagara Falls and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should also consider contacting a mesothelioma law firm.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Sites in Niagara Falls, New York
Mesothelioma.com has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Niagara Falls where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
- Acands, Inc.
- Airco Alloys & Carbide Corporation
- Airco Speer Carbon Graphite
- Albert Elia Building Company, Inc.
- Anaconda Aluminum Company
- Arms Bureau of Mines
- Auto Lite Battery Corp
- Auto Lite, Inc.
- Autolite Company
- B. F. Goodrich Chemical Company
- Bell Aerospace
- Bell Aircraft Corporation
- Blaw-Knox Pure Carbon Company
- Carborundum Company
- Cascades of Niagara Falls
- Chemical Construction Corporation
- Cliff Paper Company
- Development and Funding Company
- Dupont Chemical
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Company Inc.
- Electric Auto Lite Company
- Electro Metallurgical Company
- Falls Street Station
- Gaskill Junior High School
- Goodyear Chemical Company
- Great Lakes Carbon Corporation
- Highland School
- Hooker Chemicals and Plastics Corp
- Hooker Electro Chemical Company
- Hydraulic Power Company
- Industrial Piping
- International Graphite and Electride Corp
- International Minerals and Chemical Corporation
- International Paper Mill
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Lasalle Junior High
- Linde Air Products Company
- Mathieson Alkali Works
- Montgomery Wards
- Mt. Sinai Mary’s Nurses Home
- National Biscuit Company
- National Carbon Company Inc
- National Food Conservatory
- Niacet Chemicals Corporation
- Niagara Alkali Company
- Niagara Electro Chemical Company
- Niagara Falls High
- Niagara Falls Medical Center
- Niagara Falls Power Authority
- Niagara Smelting Corp
- Niagara Stone Products
- Niagara University
- Nicholson & Hall Boiler & Welding Corp
- Nitel Paper Corp
- Occidental Chemical Corporation
- Oldbury Electro Chemical Company
- Pathfinder Chemical Corporation
- Phosphorous Compound Company
- Power Authority of New York State
- Prestolite Company
- Pure Carbonics Corp
- Shredded Wheat Plant
- Speer Carbon Company
- Stauffer Chemical Company
- Trott Vocational High School
- Union Carbide Corporation
- United States Aluminum Company
- Us Chemical Corp
- W.A. Rogers Company
- Wendts Dairy
- Westinghouse Church Kerr and Company
Locate a Mesothelioma Doctor near Niagara Falls
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Niagara Falls, New York. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, office locations and contact information.
Dr. Sai Yendamuri
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, NY 14263
03. Cancer Centers
Niagara Falls, New York Mesothelioma Cancer Centers
We present below a list of mesothelioma cancer centers that are located within a 100-mile radius of Niagara Falls, New York. Click on a specific cancer center link to obtain more in-depth information about each one.
Roswell Park Cancer Comprehensive Cancer Center
Buffalo, NY 14263
University of Rochester Medical Center
Wilmot Cancer Institute
Rochester, NY 14642
04. Support Services
Mesothelioma Support Services near Niagara Falls
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services near Niagara Falls, New York for your convenience.
New York Treatment Support Services
- Mental Health Association – Erie County
- Extended Stay America Hotel Buffalo – Amherst
- Rochester Extended Stay
- We Care Transportation
- Ken-Ton Physical Therapy
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Lawsuit in Niagara Falls
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Niagara Falls, New York, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a claim. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of New York.
06. Law Firms
Mesothelioma Lawyers Servicing Niagara Falls
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
For over 30 years, the New York based mesothelioma attorneys at Levy Konigsberg LLP have been recognized by clients and other lawyers alike as the “right attorneys” for the legal needs of mesothelioma victims across the United States.
We are Committed to Asbestos Justice™. John N. Lipsitz and Michael A. Ponterio founded the law firm of Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC, in 1995. Since then, the attorneys at Lipsitz & Ponterio have recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of their clients diagnosed with mesothelioma.