01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls, New York Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma patients in Niagara Falls may seek treatment at one of several cancer centers in Upstate New York. Mesothelioma is a rare disease. It is important that patients consult with a mesothelioma specialist who has expertise in treating this type of cancer. Mesothelioma cancer centers near Niagara Falls offer patients personalized treatment plans.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Niagara Falls, New York
Mesothelioma patients in Niagara Falls may access treatment at several cancer centers in New York and other nearby states. These centers may specialize in various treatment options. These include everything from multimodal therapy to clinical trials to state-of-the-art surgical techniques.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
University of Rochester Medical Center
Hematology and Oncology Associates of Central New York
Case Western Reserve University
Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital Cancer Center
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls, New York Mesothelioma Doctors
Niagara Falls residents may choose to see top mesothelioma specialists in Upstate New York, the New York City area or nearby states. After exposure to asbestos, it can take 10 to 50 years for mesothelioma symptoms to present. Symptoms, such as shortness of breath, are often similar to those of other conditions. Initial misdiagnosis is not uncommon.
It is important for patients to share their asbestos-exposure history with a mesothelioma doctor as soon as possible. An early mesothelioma diagnosis may increase the number of treatment options available. This may benefit patients’ mesothelioma prognosis.
Sai Yendamuri, M.D.
James Stevenson, M.D.
Nathan Pennell, M.D., Ph.D.
Raja M. Flores, M.D.
David Bartlett, M.D.
Rodney J. Landreneau, M.D.
James D. Luketich, M.D.
James Pingpank, M.D.
Neil A. Christie, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls, New York Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma victims in Niagara Falls, New York, may have rights to financial compensation. Victims may receive compensation through asbestos lawsuits, bankruptcy claims or other legal actions. Compensation can help families pay for medical treatments, as well as other expenses. These expenses may include end-of-life care, lost wages and pain and suffering.
It’s important for Niagara Falls residents to seek experienced legal representation. Victims should seek an asbestos law firm with a proven track record for handling mesothelioma lawsuits and other claims.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Niagara Falls, New York
Niagara Falls mesothelioma victims can seek legal guidance from a mesothelioma law firm. These law firms have experience handling mesothelioma cases. Law firms experienced in asbestos litigation can help asbestos victims. Their lawyers understand New York asbestos laws and how they may impact filing requirements.
A mesothelioma law firm, such as Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney & Meisenkothen, can help Niagara Falls asbestos victims. Lawyers here can find the best means of obtaining the compensation clients deserve. Legal options may include filing a lawsuit or pursuing an asbestos trust claim.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Niagara Falls, New York
Lawsuits filed in Niagara Falls must follow New York laws, including the statutes of limitations. A statute of limitations sets the time frame for filing a lawsuit. Working with lawyers who are familiar with local laws may benefit asbestos victims. For example, these lawyers may be familiar with asbestos use in Niagara Falls.
Mesothelioma lawyers may have information about known exposure sites in the city. These lawyers can assess cases and determine which asbestos companies are at fault. They can pursue steps for litigation by the appropriate deadline and negotiate settlements for their clients.
Statutes of Limitations for Niagara Falls
Claims must be filed within 3 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Choosing an experienced law firm is important when filing a mesothelioma lawsuit. Lawyers at these firms can collect proper documents and meet legal filing deadlines.
Experienced mesothelioma attorneys can help victims and their families. They will work to secure the compensation victims deserve. Successful Niagara Falls-area asbestos cases include:
Jobsites Worked at: Hooker Chemical (1963 – 1979); Occidental Chemical (1963 – 1979)
Occupation: Maintenance worker
Jobsites Worked at: Niagara Milk Cooperative, Inc. (1988 – 1995)
Occupation: Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: Olin-Mathieson Chemical Corp. (1952 – 1954)
Occupation: Air Force
Jobsites Worked at: King of Prussia Bowling Lanes, Inc. (1959)
04. Asbestos Use in Niagara Falls
Asbestos Use in Niagara Falls, New York
Asbestos was widely used at various Niagara Falls jobsites, including energy production plants. For instance, Niagara Mohawk Power Plant and Knolls Nuclear Facility both used asbestos. As a result, many workers may have been exposed to asbestos while performing their job duties.
Workers’ exposure risk continues from old asbestos products and equipment at these and other sites. For instance, Niagara Falls workers in chemical production and paper mills may also be at risk. Among others, Norfolk Paper Mill and Occidental Chemical Corporation are two known asbestos exposure sites.
Other jobsites, buildings and homes may also still have old asbestos products present. As a result, Niagara Falls residents and workers risk exposure.
Asbestos Found at the Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center in Niagara Falls, New York
Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center put workers at risk of asbestos exposure. In 2006 and 2007, the center did not notify employees of asbestos in the work area. Employees did not know the location or the amount of asbestos-containing materials present. Hospital employees removed these asbestos-containing materials without training or protective gear.
Out of concern, employees told the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). OSHA inspected the medical center and issued 17 citations. The citations resulted in many fines related to asbestos exposure.
OSHA issued these citations based on some of the following failures of the medical center:
- Not cleaning contaminated uniforms properly
- Not disposing of asbestos-containing materials properly
- Not providing employees with protective clothing, respirators and training
- Not using designated asbestos control methods
Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center employees may have been exposed to asbestos. These individuals may be at risk of developing mesothelioma, lung cancer and other asbestos illnesses.
Niagara Falls, New York Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Airco Alloys & Carbide Corporation
- Airco Speer Carbon Graphite
- Albert Elia Building Company, Inc.
- Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA)
- Anaconda Aluminum Co. Columbia Falls Reduction Plant
- Armstrong Contracting and Supply Company (AC&S, Inc.)
- Auto-Lite Battery Corporation
- B.F. Goodrich Company
- Bell Aerospace
- Bell Aircraft Corporation
- Blaw-Knox Corporation
- Carborundum Company
- Cascades Containerboard Packaging
- Chemical Construction Corporation (CCC)
- Cliff Paper Company Pulp Mill
- Development and Funding Company
- DuPont Chemical Plant
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company Niagara Plant
- Electric Autolite
- Electro-Metallurgical Company
- Gaskill Preparatory School
- Goodyear Chemical Company
- Great Lakes Carbon Corporation
- Highland High School and Apartments
- Hooker Chemicals and Plastics Corporation
- Hooker Electrochemical Company
- Industrial Piping
- International Graphite & Electrode Corporation
- International Minerals and Chemical Corporation
- International Paper Company Mill
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- LaSalle Preparatory School
- Linde Air Products Factory
- Mathieson Alkali Works
- Montgomery Ward & Co. Warehouse
- Mount St. Mary’s Hospital
- National Biscuit Company
- National Carbon Company, Inc.
- National Food Conservatory
- Niacet Chemical Corporation
- Niagara Alkali Company
- Niagara Electro-Chemical Company
- Niagara Falls High School
- Niagara Falls Hydraulic Power & Manufacturing Company
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
- Niagara Falls Station
- Niagara Hydro-Electric Power Station of the New York State Power Authority
- Niagara Smelting Corporation
- Niagara Stone Products Co.
- Niagara University
- Nicholson & Hall Boiler & Welding Corp
- Nitec Paper Corporation
- Occidental Chemical Corporation
- Oldbury Electro-Chemical Company
- Pathfinder Chemical Plant
- Phosphorus Compound Company
- Prestolite Motor and Ignition Company
- Pure Carbonic, Inc.
- Shredded Wheat Company Plant
- Speer Carbon Company
- Stauffer Chemical Company
- Trott Vocational School
- U.S. Chemical Corporation
- Union Carbide Corporation
- United States Bureau of Mines (USBM)
- Wendt’s Dairy
- Westinghouse, Church, Kerr & Co.
- William A. Rogers, Ltd.