After the Civil War ended, Chattanooga became a major railroad hub and industrial and manufacturing center. By the 1930s, the city was known as the “Dynamo of Dixie”, inspiring the 1941 Glenn Miller big-band swing song “Chattanooga Choo Choo”. In 1969, the federal government determined that Chattanooga’s air was the dirtiest in the nation because of the industrial pollutants. In the 1980s, Chattanooga faced significant socioeconomic challenges including job layoffs, a deteriorating city infrastructure, racial tensions and social divisions. However, in recent years, private and governmental resources have been invested in transforming the city’s tarnished image and to revitalize its downtown and riverfront areas. An early cornerstone of this project was the restoration of the historic Walnut Street Bridge, the oldest surviving bridge of its kind in the Southeastern United States. Today, Chattanooga’s economy includes a diversified and growing mix of manufacturing and service industries.
For years, use of asbestos-containing materials was common in industrial and manufacturing industries such as those found in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Workers who used or worked around asbestos products may be at risk to develop an asbestos-related disease. We provide information on mesothelioma treatment options near Chattanooga at the bottom of this page. Additionally, you should know that asbestos law firms represent people from Chattanooga who were exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Sites in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Workers and residents may have been exposed to asbestos in Tennessee, leading to an asbestos disease diagnosis. Mesothelioma.com has compiled information obtained from a number of sources to identify the following jobsites in Chattanooga where asbestos exposure was known to have occurred. These sites are listed below.
Chattanooga, Tennessee Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- 3M Company
- Air Products
- Alabama Great Southern Railroad Company
- Allied Chemical & Dye Corporation
- American Bakeries Company
- American Oil Company
- Atlantic Ice & Coal Company
- Atlas Chemical Industries, Inc.
- Baroness Erlanger Hospital
- Betterton-Wallace Shoe Company
- Blue Cross Building
- Bowater Paper Mill
- Breeding Insulation Company Inc.
- Burn-Zol, Inc.
- C.E. Station
- Cannon Corporation
- Cavalier Corporation
- Central Soya Company, Inc.
- Chattanooga Brewing Company
- Chattanooga Electric Company
- Chattanooga Food Terminal
- Children’s Hospital at Erlanger
- City Meat Market
- Combustion Engineering, Co., Inc.
- Container Corporation of America
- Cramet, Inc.
- Cream Top Creamery
- Crystal Ice Company
- Crystal Springs Bleachery
- Cumberland Corporation
- Dixie Mercerizing Company
- Dixie Yarns, Inc.
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Company
- East Ridge High School
- Ecko Products, Inc.
- Eclipse Lookout Boiler Company
- Edwin W. Lawson
- Elder Realty
- Electrical Securities Corporation
- Erlanger Hospital
- Eureka Foundry Company
- F.H. Kalbfleisch Corporation
- Farmers Chemical Association, Inc.
- Fort Oglethorpe
- Gager Lime and Manufacturing Company
- Garland Sherman Company, Inc.
- Garland Sherman Company, Inc.
- General Portland Cement Company
- Girdler Corporation
- Hale & Wallace, Inc.
- Hamilton County Memorial Hospital
- Hamilton National Bank
- Heatec, Inc.
- ICI America, Inc.
- Ingalls Ship Corporation
- James Supply and Hardware Company
- Knoedler & Merideth
- Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School
- Lookout Boiler and Manufacturing Company
- Louisville & Nashville Railroad Company
- Lutex Chemical Corporation, Inc.
- Maclellan Building
- Main Street Warehouse
- Massey Electric Company, Inc.
- McBrien Elementary School
- McBryer Drywall Company
- McCallie School
- Miller’s Department Store
- Moccasin Bend Substation
- Norris & Son, Inc.
- North American Royalties, Inc.
- Northgate Mall
- Olin Chemicals and Chlor Alkali, Inc
- Plibrico Sales & Service, Inc.
- Polysar Latex Inc
- Purity Extract and Tonic Company
- Read House Hotel
- Rock-Tenn Company
- Rockwell International
- Rome Furnace Company
- S.Y. Wilson and Company
- Service Electric Company
- Sewanee Coal & Supply Company
- Southern Belt Line Delivery
- Southern Blowpipe Sheetmetal & Roofing Company
- Southern Wood Preserving Company
- Standard Coosa-Thatcher Company
- Sulzberger and Sons Company
- Temple Company
- Tennessee Paper Mills, Inc.
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Tennessee Valley Authority’s Paradise Steam Plant
- Tri-state Refractories Company
- Tuberculosis Sanitarium Association of Chattanooga
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Volunteer Army Ammunition Plant
- W. R. Grace & Company
- Westview Elementary School
- Wheland Foundry
Contact a Mesothelioma Doctor near Chattanooga, TN
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, office locations and contact information.
Eric S. Lambright, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Cancer Centers near Chattanooga, Tennessee
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma cancer centers located within a 100-mile radius of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more detailed information about the resources available at each one.
Georgia Cancer Specialists and Northside Hospital Cancer Institute
04. Support Services
Mesothelioma Support Services near Chattanooga
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma.
Tennessee Treatment Support Services
- Caliber Patient Care of Atlanta
- Alliance Phyiscal Therapy
- Nesin Physical Therapy
- Northside Hospital Cancer Institute
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing a Mesothelioma Claim in Chattanooga, TN
Don’t lose your right to file a mesothelioma claim. Chattanooga residents exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site and diagnosed with mesothelioma may be entitled to file a mesothelioma lawsuit in Tennessee. You must file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Tennessee. An experienced mesothelioma cancer lawyer can help you with the filing process.
06. Law Firms
Mesothelioma Lawyers Servicing Chattanooga
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.