01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Mesothelioma Treatment
Pittsburgh mesothelioma patients have access to high-quality treatment options for mesothelioma. With several cancer centers and mesothelioma doctors in the area, patients can find a medical team that aligns with their needs. Patients can access personalized care from doctors at these facilities in Pittsburgh. Many of the centers have active research programs as well, which could help patients access clinical trials.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Mesothelioma patients in Pittsburgh may find treatment at nearby medical centers and hospitals. One of the top mesothelioma treatment centers in the United States is the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, located in Pittsburgh.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center is home to the Mesothelioma Specialty Care Center. This center employs specialists in many fields. These specialists provide mesothelioma patients with holistic and quality care. The center offers many mesothelioma treatments, including heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), pleurectomy and peritonectomy.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center
Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital Cancer Center
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Mesothelioma Doctors
Specialized doctors can provide mesothelioma patients with the best possible care. In Pittsburgh, there are several mesothelioma doctors offering patients specialized care.
Patients should choose a mesothelioma doctor due to their experience with this rare disease. These doctors can assist patients and family members throughout the treatment and recovery process.
David Bartlett, M.D.
James D. Luketich, M.D.
James Pingpank, M.D.
Neil A. Christie, M.D.
Rodney J. Landreneau, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Pittsburgh residents with an asbestos-related disease may be able to file for compensation. Victims or their loved ones may be eligible to file a mesothelioma lawsuit. A mesothelioma lawsuit may result in a verdict or settlement for mesothelioma. Some victims may also be eligible for compensation through asbestos trust fund claims.
If you were exposed to asbestos in Pennsylvania at a commercial, residential or military site and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. A mesothelioma lawyer can help victims understand their legal options and the filing process.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh workers, residents and homeowners may have experienced asbestos exposure. As a result, they may develop an asbestos disease and be eligible for compensation.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Plaintiffs in Pittsburgh must file a lawsuit within the state’s statutes of limitations. These regulations govern how long after exposure or diagnosis an asbestos victim may file a mesothelioma lawsuit. A lawyer can help ensure plaintiffs file a lawsuit within the appropriate deadline.
Statutes of Limitations for Pittsburgh
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Mesothelioma victims should seek legal representation from a dedicated law firm. An experienced mesothelioma lawyer can help gather information and build a strong case. These lawyers can help victims secure the compensation they deserve.
Successful asbestos lawsuits in Pittsburgh include:
Occupations: Plant worker, Sales worker
Jobsites Worked at: Georgia Pacific Corrugating Plant (1978 – 1993)
Jobsites Worked at: HS Kopsofsky (1939)
Occupations: Truck driving, Boatbuilding
Jobsites Worked at: H.J. Heinz Company (1964 – 1966)
Jobsites Worked at: Koppers (1951 – 1953)
04. Asbestos Use in Pittsburgh
Asbestos Use in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh was an industrial stronghold for many years. The city continues to provide many manufacturing jobs. Manufacturing and industrial workers are among those most likely to be exposed to asbestos on the job. Notable Pittsburgh companies that used asbestos include the Alcoa Corporation and Pittsburgh-Corning.
In addition to occupational exposure, Pittsburgh residents may have been exposed at home, in office settings or other buildings constructed before 1980.
Secondary exposure is another concern for Pittsburgh residents. Secondary exposure occurs when asbestos fibers settle on an individual’s person or belongings. The fibers travel home with that individual, potentially exposing loved ones and family members.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Schools and Asbestos
Asbestos exposure in schools is an ongoing problem across Pennsylvania. In recent years, reports have shown asbestos contamination in Scranton and Philadelphia School Districts. This issue extends to Pittsburgh.
For example, one recent Pittsburgh mesothelioma case involved a school librarian and social studies teacher. She developed mesothelioma after exposure to asbestos in schools. Her case alleges exposure from 1959 to the late 1970s. The teacher believes she was exposed to asbestos in school utility systems.
Asbestos products used in utility systems may include:
- Adhesives and sealers
- Asbestos cement
- Asbestos cloth
- Asbestos insulation
- Fireproofing products
- Pipe coverings
Because of this asbestos use, other teachers, faculty, staff and students may continue to risk exposure in Pittsburgh schools.
Aging Asbestos at Schenley High School
Pittsburgh asbestos exposure also took place at Schenley High School. The school was built in the 1910s and contained many asbestos construction materials.
In 2008, investigations discovered the materials were in poor condition. These could have exposed staff, faculty and students to asbestos. Due to the high cost of removing building-wide asbestos products, students were relocated, and the school was closed.
In 2015, plans to turn the building into apartments were announced. Remediation efforts have since begun.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A. French Spring Company
- A. Garrison Foundry Company
- A.M. Byers & Company, Inc.
- A&S Wilson Company
- ABARTA Coca-Cola Beverages
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
- Alexander Plumbing Company
- Aliquippa Steel Company
- Allegheny County Airport
- Allegheny County Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Allegheny County Light Company (ACLC)
- Allegheny County Parks Department
- Allegheny County Steam Heating Company
- Allegheny County Workhouse and Inebriate Asylum at Claremont
- Allegheny General Hospital (AGH)
- Allegheny Valley Railway (AVR)
- Alpha Portland Cement Company
- Aluminum Company of America (Alcoa) Building and Research Laboratories
- American Bridge Company
- American Radiator and Standard Sanitary Manufacturing Corporation
- American Sheet and Tin Plate Company
- American Steel and Wire Company
- American Steel Hoop Company
- American Warming and Ventilating Company (AWV)
- American Water Works & Guarantee Company
- Annex Hotels Company
- Apollo Iron & Steel Works
- Arbuckle Coffee Company
- Armco, Inc.
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
- Armstrong, Brother & Company, Inc.
- Ashland Chemical Company
- ATEC Building
- Atlantic Baking Group, Inc.
- Atlantic Refining Company (ARCO)
- August Wagner Breweries, Inc.
- Bailey High School
- Baker, Smith and Company
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company
- Beall Tool Division of Hubbard & Company of Pittsburgh
- Becks Run Pumping Station
- Bell Telephone Company of Pennsylvania
- Bellefield Boiler Plant
- Bellefield Hotel
- Bessemer Coal Coke Company
- Bethel Park High School (BPHS)
- Bethlehem Steel Mill
- Bindley Hardware Company
- Bissell and Company
- Blaw-Knox Company
- Bollinger Construction Company
- Braddock Wire Company
- Brilliant Pumping Station
- Brown and Company, Inc.
- Brunot Island Power Station
- C. Howard Marcy State Hospital
- C.B. Comstock
- C.H. Bradley and Company
- Cambria and Clearfield Railway Company
- Cametoo Company
- Canonsburg Iron and Steel Company
- Carbon Steel Company
- Carnegie Brothers and Company, Ltd.
- Carnegie Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Library
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Carnegie Natural Gas Company
- Carnegie Steel Company
- Carnegie-Illinois Steel Corporation
- Carnegie, Phipps and Company
- Carrie Blast Furnaces
- Carson Industrial Development Corporation
- Central District and Printing Telegraph Company
- Central Land Company
- Central Power Plant
- Chamber of Commerce Building
- Chaplin, McGuiness & Co.
- Charleroi Construction Company
- Charleroi Paint & Glass Company
- Chartiers Valley High School
- Chatham Center
- Chicago Pneumatic
- Christ United Methodist Church
- Civic Arena
- Clairton Coke Works
- Clinton G. Hodder, Inc.
- Clinton Iron and Steel Company
- Colonial Steel Company
- Commonwealth Trust Bank
- Conemaugh Generating Station
- Consolidated Gas Supply Corporation
- Consolidated Ice Company
- Consolidated Traction Company
- Convent of Mercy
- Coronado Apartments
- Crane Supply Company
- Crescent Steel Company
- Dally Engineering-Valve Company
- Delaware & Magnetic Springs Railway Company
- Department of the Interior Bureau of Mines, Pittsburgh Research Center
- Diamond Alkali Company
- Diamond Bank Building
- Dietz Trucking, Inc.
- Dilworth, Porter & Company
- Dimling-Bolan Building
- Downtown Station
- Dravo Contracting Company
- Dravo Corporation
- Dravo-Doyle Company
- Duff-Norton Manufacturing Company
- Duquesne Brewing Company
- Duquesne Forge Company
- Duquesne Ice Company
- Duquesne Light Company
- Duquesne Station
- Duquesne University Science Hall
- E.L. Wiegand Company
- E.M. & W. Ferguson
- E.N. Hyde Heating Company
- East End Electric Light Company
- East Liberty Farmers’ Market
- Edgar Thomson Steel Works
- Edgewater Steel Company
- Eliza Pump House
- Elrama Power Plant
- Empire Building
- Empire Reeves Steel Company
- Equitable Gas Energy Company
- Equitable Life Assurance Society
- Esso Standard Oil Company
- Farmers Bank Building
- Ferrows Chemical Company
- First National Bank Building
- Follansbee Brothers Company
- Ford Motor Company
- Fort Pitt Hotel
- Fort Pitt Supply Company
- Four States Coal & Coke Company
- Frank-Kneeland Machine Company
- Frick Building
- Garland Brothers’ Funeral Home
- Geisler and Company
- Gem Manufacturing Company
- General Electric Company (GE)
- General Motors Corporation (GM)
- Glenwood Station
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- Grant Street Transportation Center
- Great Lakes Steel Corporation
- Gulf Oil Corporation
- Gulf Research and Development Company
- H.C. Frick Coke Company
- H.H. Robertson Company
- H.J. Heinz Company
- H.K. Porter, Inc. Building
- H.R. Curry Company
- Hainesworth Steel Company
- Harbison-Walker Refractories Company
- Hays Army Ammunition Plant
- Hazelwood Works
- Heeren Brothers & Company
- Henry Miller Spring and Manufacturing Company
- Henry Phipps Central Power Plant
- Henry W. Oliver Central Power Plant
- Heppenstall Company
- Heppenstall Forge and Knife Co.
- Herron Hill Pumping Station
- Herrs Island
- Heyl & Patterson, Inc.
- Highland Brewing Company
- Hinchliffe and Keener, Inc.
- Homeopathic Medical and Surgical Hospital and Dispensary
- Homestead Steel Works
- Hope Natural Gas Company
- Howe, Brown & Company, Ltd.
- Hughes And Gawthrop Company
- Hugus & Hacke
- Hussey Building
- Illinois Steel Company
- Illinois Zinc Company
- Independent Brewing Company of Pittsburgh
- Ingersoll Rand Company
- Inland Products, Inc.
- International Business Machines (IBM) Building
- Intertek Pilot Plant Services
- Iron City Heating Company
- Iroquois Apartments
- Island Petroleum Company
- J.C. McDowell
- J.W. Arrott Insurance Agency
- James Bonar & Company
- James H. Reed Power Station
- James Irwin and Company
- James L. Stuart Construction Company
- Jamison Coal and Coke Company
- John J. Kane Regional Center
- Jones and Laughlin Steel Company (J&L Steel)
- Joseph Horne Company
- Joseph S. Finch and Company
- Kaufmann’s Department Store Building
- Kelly & Jones Company
- Kennedy/Marshall Company
- Keystone Brewers, Inc.
- Keystone Engineering Consultants
- Kittanning Brick and Fire Clay Company
- Koppers Company, Inc.
- L.H. Prentice Company
- Leader Publishing Company
- Lewis Block & Supply Company
- Lewis Foundry & Machine Company
- Lexington Mead Corporation
- Liberty Manufacturing, Inc.
- Limbach Holdings, Inc.
- Linde Air Products Company
- Lindy Asphalt Plant
- Liquid Carbonic Acid Manufacturing Company
- Little Sisters of the Poor
- Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company
- LTV Steel Pittsburgh Works
- M. Winter Brothers Brewing Company
- M.H. Pickering Co.
- M&G Industrial Associates, Inc.
- Mackintosh-Hemphill Company
- Maginn Building
- Mahoning Valley Iron Company
- Manchester Station
- Marquette Cement Manufacturing Company
- Matrix North American Construction
- Mayview State Hospital
- McConway & Torley, LLC
- McGraw-Edison Company
- Mellon National Bank Building
- Mesta Machine Company
- Michigan Chemical Company
- Midland-Ross Corporation
- Mill Equipment & Engineering Corporation
- Miller Coal & Coke Company
- Mine Safety Appliance Company
- Minnotte Brothers Company
- Mobay Chemical Corporation
- Mon Valley Works – Irvin Plant
- Monongahela & Ohio Dredging Company
- Monongahela Connecting Railroad Company
- Monongahela Incline Plane Company
- Monongahela Light and Power Company
- Monongahela Natural Gas Company
- Monongahela Railway Company
- Monongahela River Consolidated Coal and Coke Company
- Montefiore Hospital
- Moorhead Brothers, Inc.
- National Biscuit Company
- National Casket Company, Inc.
- National Galvanizing L.P.
- National Lead Company
- National Mine Service Co.
- National Steel Corporation
- National Supply Co.
- National Tube Works
- Neville Chemical Company
- Neville Street Apartments
- New Castle Station
- Nickel Plumbing & Heating, Ltd.
- Nixon Theatre
- North Side Packing Company
- Northview Heights
- Northview Heights Elementary School
- Nuttall Gear
- Ohio & Pittsburgh Milk Company
- Old Fourth Ward School
- Old Meadow Works
- Oliver & Snyder Steel Company
- Oliver and Roberts Wire Company
- Oliver Building
- Oliver Iron and Steel Corporation
- Oliver Iron Mining Company
- Oliver Wire Company
- Olsen Engineering, Inc.
- Otis Steel Company
- P. McGraw Wool Company
- P.F. Magin & Sons
- Papercraft Plant
- Parkersburg Iron & Steel Company
- Pearson Manufacturing Company
- Penn Middle School
- Penn-Mo Fire Brick Company
- Pennsylvania Chocolate Company
- Pennsylvania Industrial Lubricant Manufacturers
- Pennsylvania Power and Light Company
- Pennsylvania Railroad Company
- Pennsylvania State Parks
- People’s Bank Building
- Peoples Land Company, LLC
- Peoples Savings Bank Building
- Peter F. Loftus Engineering
- Philadelphia Company
- Phoenix Glass Company
- Pittsburgh & Conneaut Dock Company
- Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railroad (P&LE)
- Pittsburgh Activated Carbon Company
- Pittsburgh Allegheny County Thermal Complex
- Pittsburgh and Birmingham Traction Company
- Pittsburgh and West End Passenger Railway Company
- Pittsburgh Athletic Association
- Pittsburgh Brewing Company
- Pittsburgh Buffalo Company
- Pittsburgh Coke & Iron Company
- Pittsburgh Coke and Chemical Company
- Pittsburgh Corning Glass Plant
- Pittsburgh Crucible Steel Company
- Pittsburgh Flooring
- Pittsburgh Forge and Iron Company
- Pittsburgh Gateway Center
- Pittsburgh Gear Company
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Pittsburgh International Airport Air Reserve Station
- Pittsburgh Iron and Steel Engineering Company
- Pittsburgh Malleable Iron Company
- Pittsburgh Mechanical Systems, Inc.
- Pittsburgh Metal Processing Company
- Pittsburgh Mills
- Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Building
- Pittsburgh Press
- Pittsburgh Provision and Packing Company, Inc.
- Pittsburgh Public Schools’ Board of Education
- Pittsburgh Railways
- Pittsburgh Reduction Company
- Pittsburgh Screw & Bolt Company
- Pittsburgh Shear Knife & Machine Co.
- Pittsburgh Steamship Company
- Pittsburgh Steel Foundry
- Pittsburgh Terminal Coal Company
- Pittsburgh Terminal Warehouse and Transfer Company
- Pittsburgh Thermal Limited Partnership
- Pittsburgh Tube Company
- Pittsburgh VA Medical Center
- Pittsburgh Valve & Fitting Company, Inc.
- Pittsburgh Wire & Cable, Inc.
- Pittsburgh Works
- Pittsburgh-Des Moines Steel Company
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad (PCC & St. L Railroad)
- Pittsburgh, McKeesport & Youghiogheny Railroad
- Plant Insulation Company
- PNB Building
- Pope Tin Plate Company
- PPG Industries International, Inc.
- Pressed Steel Car Company
- R.B. Murray Oakland Arcade Company
- Railway Spring and Manufacturing Company
- Rankin Station
- Reisinger Prather Company
- Rennekamp Supply Company
- Republic Iron and Steel Company
- Republic Iron Works
- Rieck-McJunkin Dairy Company
- Riter-Conley Manufacturing Company
- Rittman Gasoline Plant
- Robinson-Rea Manufacturing Company
- Roosevelt Hotel
- Rosedale Foundry & Machine Company
- Rossiter McGovern Company
- Russian American Manufacturing Company
- S.S. Marvin (Ship)
- Saint James Parish
- Samuel Ewart and Company
- Schoen Steel Wheel Company
- Sears, Roebuck and Company
- Second National Bank
- Sharon Steel Corporation
- Shelby National Tube Company
- Shenango Steel Buildings, Inc.
- Shippingport Atomic Power Station
- Shoenberger Works
- Shook Anderson Manufacturing Company
- Singer Nirmick Plant
- Smithfield Street Terminal
- South Hills High School
- South Side Water Works
- Southern Natural Gas Company
- Southern Traction Company
- Spang & Company
- Spang, Chalfant and Company
- St. Anselm High School
- St. Bernard Church
- St. Francis Medical Center
- St. John’s General Hospital
- St. Louis Plate Glass Company
- St. Nicholas Building
- Standard Life Building
- Standard Steel Car Company
- Standard Underground Cable Company
- Stanwix Steam Heating Plant
- Star Fire Brick Company
- Straub Brewery
- Suburban Rapid Transit Street Railway Company
- Sunoco LP
- Swindell Dressler International Company
- Tate-Jones, Inc.
- Tech Food Products Company
- The Babcock & Wilcox Company Plant
- The Ellis School
- The Pittsburgh Dispatch
- Thompson & Sons, Inc.
- Turtle Creek Valley Water Company
- Tyson Metal Products
- U.S. Army Reserve Center
- U.S. Bureau of Mines, Main Building
- U.S. Hoffman Machinery Corporation
- U.S. Steel Chemical Plant
- Union Electric Steel
- Union Ice Company
- Union Spring & Manufacturing Corporation
- Union Station
- Union Steel Casting Company
- Unit Rail Anchor Company, Inc.
- United Engineering & Foundry Company
- United States Steel Corporation
- United Traction Company
- Universal-Cyclops Steel Corporation
- University of Pittsburgh (Pitt) Buildings and Facilities
- University of Pittsburgh Medical (UPMC) Braddock Hospital
- University Square Condominiums
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
- UPMC Mercy Hospital
- UPMC Passavant Care Center
- UPMC Shadyside Aiken Medical Building
- UPMC St. Margaret Hospital
- UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital
- USX Corporation
- Vesta Coal Company
- Vesuvius Crucible Company
- Village Terrace Housing
- W. Dewees Wood Company
- W.G. Balph Company
- W.G. Wilkins Company
- W.S. Darley & Co.
- Wabash Pittsburgh Terminal Railway
- Waterworks Construction
- Wayne Iron Works
- Weeks Brothers
- West Penn Hospital
- West Penn Power Company
- Westinghouse Air Brake Company
- Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
- Westinghouse Machine Company
- Wilkinsburg and East Pittsburgh Street Railway Company
- William Miller’s Sons, Inc.
- William Penn Hotel
- William S. Moorhead Federal Building
- Wilson-Snyder Centrifugal Pump Company
- Zug Island Steel Plant