01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Savannah
Savannah, Georgia Mesothelioma Treatment
Savannah residents diagnosed with mesothelioma have access to regional treatment. The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is located in the neighboring city of Charleston. MUSC is approximately a two-hour drive from Savannah.
This cancer center offers traditional mesothelioma treatment options, like surgery and radiation therapy. The MUSC also features the Lung Transdisciplinary Cancer Team. This team brings together specialists in different fields to provide lung cancer treatment.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Savannah, Georgia
Mesothelioma cancer centers may help mesothelioma patients find the best possible treatment. Mesothelioma doctors at these centers develop personalized treatment plans. These centers may also offer patients access to a variety of therapies and trials.
Patients and their loved ones can also access support groups and similar programs through these centers. Savannah mesothelioma patients can seek treatment from several cancer centers in Georgia. There are also centers in nearby South Carolina and Florida.
Medical University of South Carolina
The Georgia Cancer Center at Augusta University
Georgia Cancer Specialists and Northside Hospital Cancer Institute
Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
Moffitt Cancer Center
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Savannah
Savannah, Georgia Mesothelioma Doctors
Mesothelioma patients may want to find specialized mesothelioma doctors for treatment. Due to the nature of this cancer, it is important to seek care from a dedicated mesothelioma specialist. These professionals have experience in the diagnosis and management of this disease. They can help patients navigate their mesothelioma prognosis.
Mesothelioma doctors will consider several factors when developing a treatment plan. These factors include the mesothelioma type and stage of disease. Doctors may recommend individual treatments or a combination of therapies, called multimodal therapy. Mesothelioma specialists may also suggest enrolling patients in clinical trials.
Alice Boylan, M.D.
Carol A Sherman, M.D.
Yanyan Lou, M.D.
Daniel L. Miller, M.D.
Seth D. Force, M.D.
Suresh S. Ramalingam, M.D.
Jess D. Schwartz, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Savannah
Savannah, Georgia Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Asbestos exposure may have occurred at industrial, commercial, residential and educational sites in Savannah. As a result, workers in Savannah’s utility and manufacturing industries may have developed mesothelioma. If so, they may be entitled to compensation.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Savannah, Georgia
Savannah asbestos victims can seek legal guidance from an experienced mesothelioma law firm. These law firms can help victims understand Georgia’s asbestos laws and how they may impact filing requirements.
National mesothelioma law firms can help Savannah asbestos victims. Firms like Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney & Meisenkothen can help find the best compensation options. These options may include filing a lawsuit or pursuing an asbestos trust claim. Financial compensation may help patients cover expenses, including treatment costs and lost income. It can also help provide financial stability for families after a loved one passes.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Savannah, Georgia
Each state has claim filing deadlines, set in the statutes of limitations. These statutes dictate how many years after an asbestos-related death or diagnosis a lawsuit can be filed. Attorneys familiar with Georgia laws will ensure lawsuits are filed in the proper time frame. This can help protect the client’s legal right to pursue a mesothelioma settlement.
Statutes of Limitations for Savannah
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
An experienced mesothelioma lawyer can help patients, or their loved ones, understand the legal process. This may involve filing a lawsuit, submitting an asbestos trust fund claim or both. Their lawyer will determine the best state in which to file a claim. They will work to get their clients the compensation they deserve.
Examples of clients served in the Savannah area include:
Occupations: Navy, Utility worker
Jobsites Worked at: Hercules Chemical (1962 – 1964); Hercules Chemical Company (1973 – 1980)
Occupations: Air Force, Renovation worker
Jobsites Worked at: Hunter Air Force Base (1950 – 1979)
Occupation: Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: International Power Co. (1969 – 1979)
Occupations: Power company, Household
Jobsites Worked at: Plant Vogtle (1990 – 1991)
04. Asbestos Use in Savannah
Asbestos Use in Savannah, Georgia
Asbestos and asbestos products were widely used at various jobsites in Savannah, Georgia. One example is Savannah’s Riverside Power Plant, which began operations in 1912. The plant served residents of Savannah for almost 100 years until 2005. Asbestos products were often used at power plants and in construction materials. These products placed workers and residents in Savannah at risk for asbestos exposure.
Construction and industrial workers were high-risk occupations for asbestos exposure in Savannah. Asbestos jobsites in Savannah include American Agricultural Chemical Company, International Paper and Savannah Machine & Foundry.
Asbestos Use at Savannah, Georgia’s Riverside Power Plant
Due to asbestos use before the 1980s, many Georgian industrial buildings contain asbestos. In 2012, a Savannah native purchased the Riverside Power Plant. The structure and surrounding land were eventually renovated, a process that required extensive asbestos abatement and removal.
It became a district including shops, luxury hotels, restaurants and an entertainment venue. The renovations required asbestos and steam turbine removal. This took five years to complete, ending in 2010. The site is now known as the Plant Riverside District.
Savannah residents and workers may have been diagnosed with mesothelioma. They or their loved ones may be eligible to receive compensation for their injury.
Savannah, Georgia Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.F. Reese Tile Company
- AC&S, Inc.
- Aladdin-Stevens Insulators, Inc.
- Alee Shriners Temple
- American Agricultural Chemical Company (AACC)
- American Cyanamid Company
- American Oil Company
- Amoco Oil Company
- Atlantic Creosoting Company
- Babcock & Wilcox (B&W)
- Bradley Plywood Corporation
- Brunswick Pulp and Paper
- Carr Biscuit Company
- Casimir Pulaski Monument
- Central of Georgia Railway
- Chatham Correctional Institute
- Chemical Construction Company
- Colonial Oil Industries, Inc.
- Congregation Mickve Israel
- Continental Can Company (CCC)
- Craft Decorators Shop
- Diamond Manufacturing Company
- Duke Siding
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company, Inc.
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association
- Flintkote Company
- GAF Materials Corporation
- Georgia State Bank
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation
- Gilman Paper Company
- Globe Dredging Company
- Great Dane Trailer Plant
- Greenbar Dial
- Grinnell Corporation
- Hartsville Turbine
- Hunt-Wesson Foods, Inc.
- Hunter Army Airfield (HAAF)
- Independent Presbyterian Church of Savannah
- International Container Corporation
- International Paper Co.
- Jewish Educational Alliance (JEA)
- Kaiser Agricultural Chemicals
- Langdon Cheves Papers
- Largo-Tibet Elementary School
- Lindsay & Morgan Company
- Linoleum and Shade Shop
- MacAljon Construction, Inc.
- Marine Corps Recruit Depot
- Memorial Health
- Memorial Hospital
- Mexican Petroleum Company
- National Gypsum Company
- National Linen Service
- National Rosin Oil and Size Company
- North Brothers Company
- Regional Mental Health Center
- Reynolds & Manley Lumber Co.
- River Street Streetcar
- Riverside Power Plant
- Ruberoid Company
- Rust Engineering Company
- Savannah Civic Center
- Savannah Country Day School
- Savannah Electric & Power Company
- Savannah Gas Company
- Savannah Lighting Company
- Savannah Lumber Company
- Savannah Machine & Foundry Company
- Savannah Marine & Shipyard
- Savannah Plant Site
- Savannah River Mill
- Savannah River Site
- Savannah Shipyard
- Savannah State University
- Savannah Sugar Refinery
- Savannah Sugar Refining Corporation
- Savannah Technical College
- Simons Refractories Company
- South Georgia Ice Company
- Southeastern Shipbuilding Corporation
- Southern Cotton Oil Company
- Southern Marine & Industrial Supply Company, Inc.
- Southern Nitrogen Company, Inc.
- Southern Paperboard Corporation
- Southern Railroad Warehouse
- Southern States Phosphate and Fertilizer
- SS Addie Bagley Daniels (Ship)
- SS Ben Robertson (Ship)
- SS Hamlin Garland (Ship)
- SS Hoke Smith (Ship)
- SS Rudolph Kauffman (Ship)
- St. Joseph’s Hospital
- State Teachers College
- Travis Field Buildings and Facilities
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Stored-Product Insects Research and Development Laboratory
- Union Bag and Paper Company
- Union Camp Corporation
- Venezuela American Petrochemical Corporation
- Wesson Refinery
- West Virginia Pulp and Paper Company