The purpose of this study is to To assess the correlation between the predictive factor of vascularity (CD74) in malignant pleural mesothelioma and treatment results (response rate, and overall survival) .
|First Received Date||October 28, 2015|
|Last Changed Date||May 29, 2016|
|Start Date||October 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date||May 2016|
|Primary Outcome Measures||
to correlate the results of the vascularity marker of pleural mesothelioma CD74 of patients attended to Ain Shams University hospitals with the result response of treatment by chemotherapy ,overall survival and progreeion free survival [Time Frame: 3-4 months]
|Secondary Outcome Measures||
assessment of vascular enothelial growth factor (VEGF) in patient with malignant pleural mesothelioma who attended to Ain Shams University and made comparison with the result of CD 74 [Time Frame: 3-4 months]
|Study Arms / Comparison Groups||0 / 1|
This is a randomized controlled retrospective study through Examination of paraffin blocks of the patient selected to be included in the study for assessment of the selected vascularity marker of malignant pleural mesothelioma of both types . The CD74 (LN2) antibody is intended for qualified laboratories to qualitatively identify by light microscopy the presence of associated antigens in sections of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections using Immunohistochemistry test methods.
|Ages||39 Years - 84 Years|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- Histopathological confirmation of malignant pleural mesothelioma .
- Full clinical data.
- Availability for follow up: Personal communication will be attempted in order to collect missing information.
3-The files of all patients will be reviewed to analyze the following :
- Operative data if done .
- Pathological review and immunohistochemistry.
- Laboratory investigations: (routine investigations: complete blood picture,liver and renal function test)
- Radiological investigations:( CXR and CT-chest, Abdominal and pelvic U\S and MRI ).
- Treatment protocols applied: Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy.
- Response and survival after treatment .
- cases not receive chemotherapy ,on available of evaluation after treatment
|Responsible Party||Principal Investigator|
|Sponsor||Ain Shams University|
|Verification Date||October 2015|