Abundant supplies of coal, iron ore and hardwood drew transportation and industry to Youngstown early in the town’s history. The first blast furnace was built in 1803. Youngstown was included on the Pennsylvania and Ohio Canal route in 1840, and the first railroad came through in 1856. By mid-century, Youngstown was home to several iron foundries, including the Youngstown Rolling Mill Company and the Brier Hill Iron & Coal Company. As local iron deposits dwindled at the end of the century, many companies converted to steel processing, attracting the interests of national companies such as the United States Steel Company, which absorbed the Youngstown-based National Steel Company in 1901. For many years, a number of Youngstown steel firms remained locally owned and fought against unionization. The Little Steel Strike of 1937 involved workers at Republic Steel, Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company, Inland Steel and other local firms. Youngstown Sheet & Tube closed down in 1977, and U.S. Steel and Republic Steel soon followed, dealing a heavy blow to the local economy, which has been slow in recovering.
Youngstown’s history of heavy industry and construction puts the city in a high-risk category for asbestos exposure. Workers exposed to asbestos may be at risk for pleural mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. For your convenience, we have listed mesothelioma oncologists located in or near Youngstown at the bottom of this page. Asbestos lawyers may also be able to assist you if you or a loved-one were exposed to asbestos in Youngstown.
01. Exposure Sites
Asbestos Exposure at Jobsites in Youngstown
If you worked at any of these companies and/or job sites in Youngstown, Ohio, you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma cancer.
Youngstown, Ohio Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Adams School
- Aeroquip Republic Rubber
- Allied Chemical & Dye Corporation
- Am Steel and Hoop Company
- American Welding
- Andrews and Hitchcock Iron Company
- Asbestos Service Company
- Barrett Company
- Bessemer Linestone Company
- Blau Power Piping Division
- Briar Hill Iron and Coal Company
- Briarhill and Campbell Works Plant
- Brier Hill Iron and Coal Company
- Brier Hill Steel Company
- Briggs Manufacturing Company
- Brown Bonnell Works
- Brown Bormell Iron Company
- Burdette Oygen
- Carlson Electric Company
- Carnegie-Illinois Steel Corporation
- Coke Plant
- Commercial Insulation Company
- Commercial Intertech & Shearing
- Commercial Piping
- Commercial Shearing & Stamping Company
- Compco Metal Products
- Crystal Ice and Storage Company
- Dearing & Company
- Erie Railroad
- F.A. Pilgrim Ertusion
- Fitzsimons Company
- Floyd Booth Company
- Forum Health Holding Company
- Garry Iron and Steel Company
- Gen’L Fire Proofing
- General Extrusions
- General Fireproofing Company
- Geo. J. Renner, Jr.
- George B. Sennett
- George J Renner
- Home Insulation Company
- J. Smith’s Son’s Brew’G Company
- J.D. Fowler
- J&L Steel
- Jones and Laughlin
- Koppers Company, Inc.
- Law Knox Division & Youngstown Sheet Tube
- Lee Tire and Rubber Company
- Linde Air Products Company
- Lloyd Booth Department
- Lower Union Mills
- Ltv Sheet and Tube
- Ltv Steel
- Mahoning County Jail
- Mahoning Electric Light Company
- Mahoning Valley Iron Company
- Mahoning Valley Railway Company
- Mahoning Valley Tractor Company
- Mahoning Valley Works
- National Steel Company
- New Tod and Company
- North Side Hospital
- Northside Medical Center
- Ohio Edison Company
- Ohio Steel Company
- Ohio Steel Works and Furnace
- Ohio Works
- Penna and Mahoning Valley Railway Company
- Phoenix Electric
- Plastics and Coal Chemicals
- Princeton School
- Rajah Oil Company
- Rayen School
- Republic Aluminum
- Republic I and D Company
- Republic I and S Company
- Republic Iron and Steel Company
- Republic Rubber Company
- Republic Steel Corporation
- Republic T and D Company
- Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc
- S. Side Hospital
- Sharon Steel Hoop Company
- Sheet & Tube Office Building
- Smith Brewing Company
- St Elizabeth Hospital
- Steel Door
- Superior Die
- Thomas Steel
- Todd Insulation & Remodeling
- Truscon Steel Company
- Trussed Concrete Steel Company
- U.S. Steel
- Union Iron and Steel Company
- United Engineering & Foundry Company
- United States Steel Corporation
- Upper Union Mills
- Us Steel Corp
- Vindicator Printing Company
- W.B. Pallock Company
- Wean United Engineering Inc.
- Western Conduct Manufacturing
- Western Reserve Care Center
- William Pollack Company
- Yost Construction Company
- Youngstown Airport
- Youngstown City Water Works
- Youngstown Concrete Sand and Stone Company
- Youngstown Foundry & Machine Company
- Youngstown Gas and Electric Company
- Youngstown Heating Company
- Youngstown Hospital Association North Side Hospital
- Youngstown Iron Sheet Tube Company
- Youngstown J. and S. Roofing Company
- Youngstown J. Sheet and Tube Company
- Youngstown Mahoning and Shenango Railway and Light Company
- Youngstown Manufacturing Company
- Youngstown Mazda Lamp Works
- Youngstown Municipal Company
- Youngstown Municipal Railway Company
- Youngstown Plant
- Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company
- Youngstown Steel Door
- Youngstown Steel Tank Company
- Youngstown Water Company
- Youngstown Welding & Engineering
- Yountstown Heating Company
Mesothelioma Doctors near Youngstown, Ohio
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors and oncologists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Youngstown, Ohio. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, office locations and contact information.
Feng-Ming Spring Kong, M.D.
David Bartlett, M.D.
James D. Luketich, M.D.
James Pingpank, M.D.
Neil A. Christie, M.D.
Nathan Pennell, M.D., Ph.D.
James Stevenson, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Mesothelioma Cancer Centers near Youngstown, Ohio
If you need help getting an accurate diagnosis or developing a treatment plan, the following mesothelioma cancers near Youngstown, Ohio have the resources available to assist you. More detailed information about each cancer center is available by clicking on the appropriate cancer center detail link.
Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital Cancer Center
Case Western Reserve University
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
The Cleveland Clinic
04. Support Services
Cancer Support Services Near Youngstown, Ohio
While receiving treatment, mesothelioma patients may find a need for temporary lodging, patient transport, physical therapy or counseling. We have compiled a list of these cancer support services near Youngstown, Ohio for your convenience.
Ohio Treatment Support Services
- Able Counseling & Associates, Inc.
- UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- WoodSpring Suites Akron
- Family House
- Comfort & Caring Transportation Services LLC
- Hometown Transportation
- Robinson Rehab Center and Sport Clinic
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing an Asbestos Lawsuit in Youngstown, Ohio
If you were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Youngstown, Ohio and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit to hold those responsible accountable. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Ohio.
06. Law Firms
Mesothelioma Lawyers Servicing Youngstown, Ohio
Dean, Omar & Branham, LLP is a law firm dedicated to using the legal profession to make our community safer. When someone is badly hurt because someone else did not act reasonably, we are here to help provide whatever justice the legal system can give the family who has been wronged.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.