01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Youngstown
Youngstown, Ohio Mesothelioma Treatment
Individuals who worked around Ohio asbestos exposure sites may have developed an asbestos-related disease. Youngstown residents who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma have local options for treatment. Mesothelioma patients can find nearby cancer centers in Ohio and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Doctors at these cancer centers specialize in mesothelioma treatments such as thoracic surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Youngstown, Ohio
Mercy Health – St. Joseph Warren Hospital Cancer Center is located in nearby Warren, Ohio. The center offers hyperthermal intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) and intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). St. Joseph Warren Hospital Cancer Center is a specialty location for Mercy Health’s cancer care and has doctors specializing in mesothelioma.
Other options for mesothelioma treatment in neighboring Pennsylvania include the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh. Youngstown patients may also choose to travel to Cleveland, Ohio, for treatment at a facility such as the Cleveland Clinic.
Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital Cancer Center
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
Case Western Reserve University
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Youngstown
Youngstown, Ohio Mesothelioma Doctors
Youngstown mesothelioma patients can seek care from doctors with experience treating mesothelioma. Mesothelioma doctors will create personalized treatment and care plans for each patient. These tailored plans may help extend patient life expectancy and maximize quality of life.
James D. Luketich, M.D.
James Pingpank, M.D.
Neil A. Christie, M.D.
Nathan Pennell, M.D., Ph.D.
James Stevenson, M.D.
David Bartlett, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Youngstown
Youngstown, Ohio Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Residents and workers in Youngstown diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease may be entitled to compensation for their injuries. Mesothelioma lawyers can help patients and their loved ones file asbestos lawsuits against companies for exposure. Ohio asbestos victims have received millions of dollars in compensation through lawsuits and settlements from negligent companies.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Youngstown, Ohio
After a mesothelioma diagnosis, it is important for victims to speak with qualified attorneys. Asbestos lawyers have experience handling mesothelioma cases. Mesothelioma law firms are familiar with viable defendants and asbestos jobsites in Youngstown.
Past cases have shown specific Youngstown companies exposed their workers to asbestos. Victims may be able to file lawsuits against these companies. Some asbestos companies have set up asbestos bankruptcy trust funds to compensate victims. A mesothelioma law firm can explain an individual’s eligibility and guide them through the legal process.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Youngstown, Ohio
Each state has statutes of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. Deadlines for filing a personal injury lawsuit begin when someone exposed to asbestos is diagnosed with a related disease. The family of the victim may file a wrongful death lawsuit soon after death.
A mesothelioma lawyer can help file an asbestos lawsuit in Ohio on behalf of the victim or their family.
Statutes of Limitations for Youngstown
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
A lawsuit or other claim may result in financial compensation for a victim or their family. Compensation can help cover treatment costs, lost household income and other expenses.
Asbestos victims in Youngstown have received compensation from successful legal claims. Examples of clients who have been assisted in Youngstown include:
Occupation: Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: General Motors (1965 – 2006)
Jobsites Worked at: Master Market (1955 – 1957)
Jobsites Worked at: First Presbyterian Church (2006 – 2007); National College (2007 – 2009)
Jobsites Worked at: Greenwood Chevrolet, Inc. (1968)
04. Asbestos Use in Youngstown
Asbestos Use in Youngstown, Ohio
Before the 1980s, many Youngstown residents and industrial workers frequently experienced asbestos exposure. Asbestos is naturally durable and resistant to both chemicals and high heat. These characteristics made it a popular material at industrial worksites.
Asbestos companies used the raw mineral in a variety of products. For example, it was often used for insulation in many types of machinery, like those required for manufacturing steel. Companies known to have used asbestos and asbestos products in Youngstown include Republic Steel Company and Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company.
Asbestos at Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company in Ohio
Youngstown, Ohio, was a steel town. By the 1920s, it was the second largest steel-producing location in the United States. Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company became Ohio’s largest employer in the 1930s. In less than 25 years, the company was one of the nation’s largest steel producers.
Like other steel mills, Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company was an asbestos jobsite. The mineral was part of almost every aspect of the steel manufacturing process. Asbestos was often used for its fireproof qualities in these intense heat environments. Equipment made with asbestos included blast furnaces, open hearth furnaces and coke ovens.
Asbestos was also woven into fireproof clothing provided to steel workers. Such protective clothing may have included coats, coveralls, aprons, gloves and pants. Families and loved ones of steel mill workers may have suffered secondary exposure. This may occur when workers unknowingly carry asbestos dust home on their clothing.
Records estimate 50,000 people worked in the Youngstown steel industry at its peak. As a result, a significant number of people risk developing mesothelioma after inhaling asbestos dust at Youngstown steel mills.
Experienced mesothelioma lawyers can assist Youngstown asbestos exposure victims. Workers at asbestos jobsites, like Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company, may be eligible for financial compensation.
Youngstown, Ohio Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Adams School
- Aeroquip Republic Rubber Company
- Allied Chemical Corporation
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- Asbestos Service Company
- Barrett Company
- Brier Hill Iron & Coal Company
- Brier Hill Steel Company
- Briggs Manufacturing Company
- Burdett Oxygen Company
- Carlson Electric Company
- Carnegie Steel Lower Union Mills
- Carnegie Steel Upper Union Mills
- Carnegie-Illinois Steel Corporation
- City Products Corporation
- Coca Cola Bottling Company
- Commercial Intertech Corporation
- Commercial Piping Co., Inc.
- Commercial Shearing & Stamping Company
- Compco Metal Products Co.
- Conrail Youngstown Line
- Dale Yost Construction Co.
- Dearing Compressor and Pump Co.
- Easco Aluminum
- Erie Railroad
- F.A. Pilgrim Extrusion, Inc.
- Fitzsimons Steel Company, Inc.
- Forum Health
- General Extrusions, Inc.
- General Fireproofing Company (GF)
- George J. Renner Jr. House
- Home Insulation Company
- J. & S. Roofing Company
- J.D. Fowler Company
- Jones and Laughlin Steel Company (J&L)
- Koppers Co, Inc. Youngstown Plant
- Linde Air Products Company
- Ling-Temco-Vought (LTV) Sheet & Tube Co.
- LTV Steel Tubular Products Company
- Mahoning County Sheriff’s Office
- Mahoning Electric Light Company
- Mahoning Valley Iron Company
- Mahoning Valley Railway (MVRY)
- Mahoning Valley Tractor Company
- Mahoning Valley Works
- Metropolitan Paving Brick Company
- National Steel Company
- Northside Regional Medical Center
- Ohio Edison
- Ohio Steel Company
- Ohio Steel Works and Furnace
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
- Phoenix Electric Company, Inc.
- Plastics and Coal Chemicals
- Power Piping, a Division of Blaw-Knox
- Princeton Junior High School
- Rajah Oil & Refining Co.
- Rayen High School
- Republic Iron and Steel Company
- Republic Rubber Company
- Republic Steel Company
- Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc.
- Sharon Steel Corporation
- Smith Brewing Company
- Sodexo | Roth
- South Side Hospital
- St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital
- Superior Die, Tool & Machine Co.
- Thomas Steel Strip Corporation
- Tod Hotel
- Todd Insulation & Remodeling
- Truscon Steel Company
- Union Iron and Steel Company
- United Engineering & Foundry Company
- United States Steel Corporation (U.S. Steel)
- Vindicator Printing Company
- Wean United, Inc.
- Western Conduct Manufacturing
- Western Reserve Hospital
- William B. Pollock Company
- Youngstown City Water Works
- Youngstown Concrete Sand and Stone Company
- Youngstown Foundry & Machine Company
- Youngstown Heating Company
- Youngstown Mahoning & Shenango Railway and Light Company
- Youngstown Manufacturing Company
- Youngstown Mazda Lamp Works
- Youngstown Municipal Court
- Youngstown Municipal Railway Company
- Youngstown Sheet & Tube (YST) Briar Hill Works and Campbell Works Plants
- Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company
- Youngstown Steel Door
- Youngstown Steel Tank Company
- Youngstown Water Department
- Youngstown Welding & Engineering Company
- Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport