01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Oakland
Oakland, California Mesothelioma Treatment
Individuals who worked around California asbestos exposure sites may have developed an asbestos-related disease. Oakland residents who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma have local options for treatment. Nearby cancer centers that treat mesothelioma patients are in San Francisco and Stanford. Doctors at these cancer centers specialize in mesothelioma treatments such as thoracic surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Doctors at these centers also conduct mesothelioma research and may be involved in clinical trials. Patients who qualify for these trials can get access to experimental treatment options.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Oakland, California
Mesothelioma patients in Oakland can find specialized treatment at nearby cancer centers in California. One such cancer center, the University of California San Francisco at Mount Zion (UCSF), provides a multidisciplinary approach to mesothelioma treatment. A collaborative team of mesothelioma doctors and other medical professionals come together to develop personalized treatment plans for patients.
UCSF is also home to the state-of-the-art Thoracic Oncology Laboratory. Research at this facility supports the discovery of new mesothelioma treatment options.
University of California San Francisco at Mount Zion
Stanford Cancer Institute
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Oakland
Oakland, California Mesothelioma Doctors
Malignant mesothelioma patients in the Oakland, California, area can access nearby doctors who specialize in the cancer. Experienced mesothelioma doctors work with patients to create personalized treatment plans. These plans may consist of several treatment modalities aimed at improving a patient’s mesothelioma prognosis and maintaining quality of life. These doctors may also be able to assist patients with enrolling in mesothelioma clinical trials.
Matthew A. Gubens, M.D.
David M. Jablons, M.D.
Mark R. Cullen, M.D.
Mark W. Lischner, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Oakland
Oakland, California Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Oakland residents and workers who develop mesothelioma may be eligible for compensation. Asbestos victims have filed mesothelioma lawsuits and claims against those responsible for their exposure. Workers and residents in Oakland have filed successful asbestos lawsuits against responsible parties, resulting in financial compensation.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Oakland, California
Oakland victims diagnosed with an asbestos-related cancer should seek legal assistance from a mesothelioma law firm. Mesothelioma lawyers are experienced in filing lawsuits on behalf of victims and their families. An asbestos lawyer can guide victims and their families through the process of bringing a lawsuit against the responsible parties.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Oakland, California
Each state has deadlines for filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. A mesothelioma lawyer can help plaintiffs understand the applicable statute of limitations for their case. An experienced lawyer can help ensure documents are filed within the required timeframes. They will also follow other California asbestos laws that may impact filing.
Statutes of Limitations for Oakland
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related death.
Compensation won from mesothelioma lawsuits and asbestos trust fund claims can help victims pay for treatment expenses, lost income and funeral costs. Financial compensation can also provide for loved ones. Successful lawsuits and claims have been filed by Oakland residents, resulting in compensation for victims and their families.
Examples of clients served in the Oakland area include:
Occupations: Navy, Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: Thomas Jefferson (1951 – 1954)
Occupations: Merchant Marine, Longshoreman
Jobsites Worked at: Naval Supply Center (1979 – 1990); Owens Corning (1977 – 1979)
Occupation: Electronic tech
Jobsites Worked at: Military Sea Transportation Service Pacific (1951 – 1979); Oakland Army Base (1961 – 1979)
Jobsites Worked at: Moore Dry Dock Company (1942 – 1945); Oak Knoll Naval Hospital (1941 – 1954); Oakland Army Base (1941 – 1954); Oakland Naval Supply Center (1941 – 1954); Owens-Illinois Glass Company (1941 – 1954)
04. Asbestos Use in Oakland
Asbestos Use in Oakland, California
Asbestos was widely used at various jobsites in Oakland, including the railway systems and Oakland Army Base. As a result, many workers were potentially exposed to asbestos while performing their job duties. Workers may continue to risk exposure from old asbestos products and equipment at these sites. Oakland residents also risk exposure from asbestos used in various buildings, schools and homes constructed before the 1980s.
Oakland Army Base and Asbestos
The Oakland Army Base was constructed in 1941. It supported transportation and distribution for the United States Army. Many military installations constructed prior to 1980 involved the use of asbestos-containing materials, including much of the construction at the Oakland Army Base.
Asbestos was commonly found in vehicles, barracks, mess halls and weapons storage facilities at military bases. Army veterans stationed at these bases, including the Oakland Army Base, may have been exposed to asbestos. As a result, many veterans have developed mesothelioma.
In 1995, the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Commission recommended closing the Oakland Army Base. The base officially closed in 1999. Following the base’s closure, the area underwent testing for asbestos and other hazardous materials. Substantial environmental clean-up was necessary to prepare the land for sale.
Army veterans who served at the Oakland Army Base risk developing mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses. Those who develop an asbestos disease may be eligible for compensation.
Oakland, California Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- AAA Boiler & Machinery Company
- Abex Corporation, AMSCO Division
- AC Transit
- Acme Metal Products
- Adult Day School
- Airport Corporate Centre
- Alameda County Administration Building
- Alameda County Superior Court
- Alameda Naval Air Station
- Alameda Times-Star Building
- Albers Brothers Milling Company
- Albert Brown Mortuary
- Alliance Consumer Industries
- Alta Building Material Company
- American Bituminous
- American Brake Shoe & Foundry Company
- American Brass & Iron Foundry
- American Bridge Flour
- American Can Company
- American Manganese Inc.
- American President Lines, Ltd.
- American Toy Company
- APM Terminals
- Argonaut Hotel
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (AC&S)
- Ashland Specialty Chemical Company
- Atlas-Imperial Diesel Engine Company
- Avis Car Rental
- Ball Cannery
- Bank of America
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Administrative Building
- Bay Area Rapid Transit Power
- Bay Cities Asbestos Company
- Bay Photo Lab
- Bermuda Building
- Beth Jacob Congregation
- Blake & Bilger
- Blue Shield of California Building
- Bricklayers, Stone & Marble Mason’s Union Local 8
- Brockway Glass Company
- C.W. Roen Construction Company
- California College of the Arts (CCA)
- California Concordia College
- California Cooperative Producers
- California Cotton Mills
- California Electric and Generating Company
- California Packing Corporation
- Calo Dog Food Company, Inc.
- Cargill, Inc.
- Carnation Milk Products Company
- Casper’s Machine Shop
- Casper’s Industries Inc.
- Castlemont High School
- Central Oakland Light and Power Company
- Chevrolet Motor Company of California
- Chevron Asphalt Company
- Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland
- Chip Steak Company
- Claremont Club & Spa
- Clement Street Powerhouse
- Clorox Building
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company
- Colombo Baking Company
- Columbia Phonograph Company
- ConAgra Flour Milling Company, Inc.
- Continental Can Company
- Contra Costa Laundry Company
- Crane Supply Company
- Crowley Maritime Corporation
- Cryer & Sons Company
- Cutler Lubinger Company
- Cyclone Fence
- D.C. Miley Company
- De Laval Steam Turbine
- Del Monte Foods, Inc.
- Dow Chemical Company
- Downtown Oakland Senior Center
- Dreisbach Enterprises Inc.
- Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream
- Durant Motors Company
- Durkee Famous Foods, Inc.
- Eagle-Wing Motorcycle Repair
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
- East Bay Sanitary Company, Inc.
- Easterseals Northern California, Oakland
- Eastmont Mall
- El Dorado Oil Works
- Factory Steel & Metal Supply Company
- Ferro Enameling Company
- First Federal Savings & Loan Association of San Rafael
- First National Bank
- First Western Building
- Fisher Body Corporation
- Fleischmann’s Yeast
- Foremost Food & Chemical Company
- Fox Theater
- Freight Terminal Department
- Fruitvale Canning Company
- Garner Heat Treat Inc.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- General Electric (GE)
- General Engineering & Dry Dock Company
- General Foods Corporation, Maxwell House Division
- General Metals Manufacturing & Supply
- General Motors (GM)
- Gerber Products Company
- Gladman Mental Health Rehabilitation Center
- Glidden Professional Paint Center
- Globe Metals Company
- Golden Grain Restaurant Inc.
- Golden West Brewing Company
- Golden West Tower Building
- Graham Ship Repair & Dry Docks
- Great Western Power Company
- Groeniger & Company
- Grove Street Pier
- Grove Valve & Regulator Company
- Gus Kroesen Navy Tailor
- Harrison Hotel
- Havenscourt Middle School
- Hazel-Atlas Glass Company
- Hershey’s Chocolate
- High Flying Foods
- Highland Hospital
- Highland Hospital Tower
- Highlands Country Club
- Holy Names University
- Hotel Oakland
- Howard Terminal
- Hudson Lumber Company
- Hugh Taylor House
- Hunters Point Naval Shipyard
- Hurley Marine Shipyard
- Hydro-Blast, Inc.
- Industrial Steam
- Judson Manufacturing Company
- Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corporation
- Kaiser Center
- Kaiser Permanente Oakland Medical Center
- Kaiser Shipyard
- Kaiser Steel
- Kilpatrick Baking Company
- Kirby’s Merritt Restaurant
- L.F. Witharn
- L.J. Kruse Company
- L.M. MacDermot
- Laher Spring & Tire Corporation
- Laney College
- Laney College
- Learner Company
- Leslie Foods, Inc.
- Linde Company
- Lorentzen Company
- MacArthur-Broadway Shopping Center
- Malott & Peterson Roofing Company
- Malsbary Manufacturing Company
- Mansfield Tire & Rubber Company
- Mars Metal Company
- Marshall Steel Company
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School
- Martinolich Shipbuilding
- Matson Navigation Company, Inc.
- McClymonds High School
- McDermott Meat Company
- McDonough Steel Company
- McGuire and Hester
- Merritt College
- Merritt Ship Repair
- Metal Associates Inc.
- Military Sealift Command (MSC)
- Mills College
- Mobil Oil Company
- Mohawk Packing Company
- Monarch Steel Company, Inc.
- Montana Flour Mills Company
- Monterey Mechanical Company
- Moore Dry Dock Company
- Murray B. Marsh Company
- National Biscuit Company (Nabisco)
- National Ice and Cold Storage Company
- National Lead Company of California
- Naval Station Treasure Island
- Oak Knoll Naval Hospital
- Oak Street Pier
- Oakland Army Base
- Oakland Aviation High School
- Oakland Bank of Savings
- Oakland California Towel Company
- Oakland City Center
- Oakland City Hall
- Oakland County Jail
- Oakland Gas Light Company
- Oakland High School
- Oakland International Airport
- Oakland Masonic Center
- Oakland Museum of California
- Oakland Naval Supply Center
- Oakland Police Department
- Oakland Post Office
- Oakland Technical High School
- Oakland Unified School District
- Oakland Union Ice Company
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
- Oliver Tire and Rubber Company
- Owens-Brockway Glass Container, Inc.
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas
- Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- Pacific Bell Building
- Pacific Coast Engineering (PACECO)
- Pacific Coast Shredded Wheat Company
- Pacific Drydock & Repair Company
- Pacific Electric Motor Company
- Pacific Fire Extinguisher Company
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
- Pacific Pipe Company
- Pacific Rubber and Tire Manufacturing Company
- Pacific Telegraph & Telephone Company
- Pacifica High School
- Paramount Theatre
- Peerless Coffee & Tea
- Peralta Community College District
- Peralta Hospital
- Perkins Ambassador Apartments
- Piedmont Grocery Company
- Pioneer Laundry Company
- Plant Asbestos Company
- Port of Oakland
- Pressure Cast Products Corporation
- Providence Hospital
- Prudential Financial, Inc.
- R.D. Miner Company
- Red Rover Pet Care
- Red Star Linen Service
- Red Star Yeast Company
- Ringleader LLC
- S.T. Johnson Company
- Salvation Army
- Samuel Merritt Hospital
- San Francisco and San Jose Railroad (SF&SJ)
- Sanitary Golden West Laundry
- Satellite Senior Homes Inc.
- Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
- Sea-Land Service, Inc.
- Seatrain Pneumatic Tube
- Sebro Building
- Security Savings Bank
- Service Heat & Power Company
- Sherwin-Williams Paint Store
- Silva’s Pipeline, Inc.
- Southern Pacific Railroad Company
- St. Bertram’s Church
- St. Elizabeth Church
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church
- St. Paul’s Towers
- St. Theresa Church
- Standard Brands Coffee
- Standard Brands of California
- Superior Products Company
- Taubman Centers, Inc.
- Telegraph Avenue Electric Railway Company
- The Gray Shop
- The Learner Company
- Todd Shipyards
- Transamerica Title Insurance Company
- Transbay Tube
- Underground Construction Company
- Union Carbide Corporation
- Union Oil Company Building
- United California Bank
- Universal Airlines
- USS Dixie (ship)
- USS Uvalde (ship)
- VA Oakland Regional Office
- Victor Talking Machine Company
- Vulcan Steel Foundry Company
- Wagner & Niehaus General Machine Shop
- Walnut Capital
- Wells Fargo Bank
- West Coast Soap Company
- West Oakland Health Center
- Western Corrugated Box, Inc.
- Western MacArthur Company
- Women’s Athletic Club of Alameda County