01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee Mesothelioma Treatment
Memphis offers residents many options for mesothelioma treatment. Residents with mesothelioma can choose from several local cancer treatment centers. Cancer centers and doctors that specialize in mesothelioma can help patients achieve the best treatment outcomes. This may include improved mesothelioma prognosis and life expectancy.
Personalized mesothelioma treatment plans for Memphis patients may include chemotherapy, surgery, radiation and/or palliative care. Patients attending top mesothelioma cancer centers may be eligible to take part in clinical trials, which test emerging treatments.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Memphis, Tennessee
There are several health care facilities in Memphis and other nearby cities that offer mesothelioma treatment in Tennessee. The Baptist Cancer Center is located in Memphis. A collaborative care team of surgeons, radiation specialists and more work together to offer multimodal treatment to patients. The center has been among the first to offer a variety of new cancer treatments.
The Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center in Nashville and other local and regional cancer centers also enable Memphis residents to access other resources and support. For instance, individuals may join patient and family support groups.
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee Mesothelioma Doctors
Memphis mesothelioma patients should seek comprehensive care from specialists experienced in mesothelioma. Specialists may include thoracic surgeons, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists. Mesothelioma doctors are an important part of a patient’s cancer treatment. Patient support staff helps victims and families throughout the treatment process.
Kamran Idrees, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Workers involved in manufacturing, construction or auto maintenance in Memphis may have been exposed to asbestos. Individuals who have been exposed to asbestos materials and develop mesothelioma may be eligible for compensation. Pursuing legal action may result in asbestos victims receiving settlements from negligent companies responsible for their wrongful exposure. Lawyers specializing in mesothelioma litigation can help clients make decisions regarding lawsuits and bankruptcy fund claims.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Memphis, Tennessee
Mesothelioma victims in Memphis can pursue compensation for an asbestos-related injury. A law firm experienced in asbestos litigation can explain different legal avenues individuals can pursue for Tennessee asbestos compensation. Attorneys can help patients determine which type of compensation they may receive based on their exposure and work history and help them find the best state to file a lawsuit in.
The following nationwide law firms have experience representing Memphis mesothelioma victims.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Memphis, Tennessee
Experienced legal counsel can provide guidance based on Tennessee laws that may impact compensation options. For instance, a dedicated law firm can explain the state’s statutes of limitations for filing asbestos-related lawsuits. Statutes of limitations define deadlines for filing different types of lawsuits.
Statutes of Limitations for Memphis
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related death.
Lawyers can also help patients and families determine which companies may be liable based on where and how the asbestos exposure occurred. This includes investigating cases, gathering evidence and handling the filing process. They can help victims secure compensation that can help cover treatment costs, lost income and more.
Occupations: Navy, Utility
Jobsites Worked at: Buckman Laboratories, Inc. (1962 – 1964); E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (1962 – 1964)
Occupations: Boilerman, Navy
Jobsites Worked at: DeSoto Hardwood Flooring Company (1975 – 1976)
Occupation: Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: Mueller Industries Inc. (1955 – 1957)
Occupation: Office worker
Jobsites Worked at: International Harvester (1955 – 1957)
04. Asbestos Use in Memphis
Asbestos Use in Memphis, Tennessee
Memphis, Tennessee, has been a home to various industries for over 100 years. Before the 1980s, products containing asbestos were frequently used at many industrial and construction jobsites. Construction workers and insulation installers were among the workers with the highest risk of developing mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure. For example, International Paper Company, headquartered in Memphis, has employed these types of workers regularly for decades and has a history of using asbestos products.
Asbestos Use at International Paper Company in Memphis, Tennessee
International Paper Company operated paper mills and hydroelectric power stations throughout its long history. The company continues to maintain corporate and industrial sites to this day.
As a large Memphis employer, the company hired construction workers and insulation installers to build and maintain their properties. These employees and contractors may have been exposed to asbestos, putting them at risk for developing mesothelioma. Hundreds of thousands of square feet of asbestos products have been removed at International Paper Mill sites.
Employees working in the paper pulping process may also have been exposed to asbestos.
In 2000, International Paper Company acquired Champion International. Thus, the company became liable for injuries related to asbestos products, namely countertops, that were distributed by Champion International. These countertops were often distributed to shipyards, jobsites known to carry a high risk of asbestos exposure.
International Paper Company has faced a number of lawsuits for its own and Champion International’s asbestos use. Former employees of either firm may be eligible for compensation if they develop an asbestos disease.
Memphis, Tennessee Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.P. Green Fire Brick Company
- A.P. Green Industries
- AFR Storage Facility
- Allen Eaton Panel Company
- Allen Fossil Plant
- American Finishing Company
- American Snuff Company, LLC
- Anderson-Tully Lumber Company
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis
- Binghampton Mill
- Binghampton Team Track
- Birmingham Steel Corporation
- Bodley Wagon Company
- Buckeye Cellulose Corporation
- Buckeye Cotton Oil Company
- Buckeye Technologies, Inc.
- Buckman Laboratories, Inc.
- Campbell Foundation
- Cargill, Inc.
- Champion International Corporation
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
- Chickasaw Cooperage Company
- Chickasaw Wood Products Company
- Chisca Hotel
- Chris Fiedler Company, Inc.
- Citizens Street Railway Company
- Cochran Corporation, Inc.
- Cole Manufacturing Company
- Consumers Coal and Ice Company
- Courthouse & Federal Office Building
- Crescent Laundry and Cleaning Company
- Crump Lime & Cement Company
- Cudahy Packing Company
- Davis Company
- Delta Refining Company
- DeSoto Hardwood Flooring Company
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont)
- E. L. Bruce Company
- Electric Storage Battery Company
- Ensley Bottoms Power Station
- Equitable Gas Light Company
- Excel Smelting Company
- Federal Compress & Warehouse Company, Inc.
- Firestone Tire & Rubber Company
- Fischer Lime & Cement Company
- Fisher Body Corporation
- Fisher Lumber Corporation
- Forest Products Chemical Company
- Gayoso House at Peabody Place
- General Motors Corporation
- Global Tissue
- Goheen Insulation Company, Inc.
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
- Gurley Refining Company
- H L Cooke Distributing Company
- Henders Boiler & Tank Company
- Humko Chemical Corporation
- Hunt Foods and Industries, Inc.
- Illinois Central Railroad Company
- Indeck Power Equipment Company
- Industrial Insulation Company, Inc.
- International Paper Company
- Ivers and Pond Piano Company
- Joseph Schlitz Brewing Company
- Joseph Schlitz Brewing Company
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Kimbrough Towers Apartments
- Koppers Company, Inc.
- Kraus Cleaners
- Kroger Company
- L. D. Powell Company, Inc.
- Lamar Steam Laundry
- Lawson Stacker Division
- Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital
- Liberty Cash Grocers, Inc.
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Liquid Carbonic Corporation
- Loeb’s Laundry, Inc.
- Louisville and Nashville (L&N) Railroad
- Lynn Whitsett Corporation
- M.F.A. Oil Company
- Memphis Air Traffic Control Center
- Memphis Auction Team Track
- Memphis Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Memphis City Schools
- Memphis Consolidated Gas and Electric Company
- Memphis Defense Depot
- Memphis Furniture Manufacturing Company
- Memphis Gas and Electric Company
- Memphis Hardwood Flooring Company
- Memphis International Airport
- Memphis Light, Gas and Water (MLGW)
- Memphis Mill Company
- Memphis Naval Air Station, Millington
- Memphis Power & Light
- Memphis Steam Laundry
- Memphis Street Railway Company
- Memphis Union Station Company
- Memphis Water Works
- Methodist Evangelical Hospital
- Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
- Missouri Pacific (MoPac) Railroad
- Motor Wheel Corporation
- Murray Wood Products Company
- National Distillers Products Corporation
- Nickey Brothers, Inc.
- Nylon Net Company
- Overton High School
- Parkway Pumping Station
- Peabody Memphis
- Penn Specialty Chemicals, Inc. (Pennakem)
- Phoenix Cotton Oil Company
- Plough, Inc.
- Poor & Company
- Power Equipment Company
- Prest Manufacturing Company
- Quaker Oats Company
- Raleigh Spring Mall
- Riverview School
- Saint Francis Hospital – Memphis
- Schering-Plough Corporation
- Sears, Roebuck and Company
- Sheahan Pumping Station
- Shelby County Administrative Building
- Shelby County Cotton Oil Mill
- South Central Bell Telephone Building
- Southern Boiler & Tank Works
- St. Joseph Hospital
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral
- Swift and Company
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
- Thomas H. Allen Generating Station
- Trumbull Asphalt Company of Delaware
- U.S. War Department
- Union Seed and Fertilizer Company
- United States Government Dredge Beta
- University of Memphis
- Valley Coal and Ice Company
- Velsicol Chemical Corporation
- W.R. Grace & Co
- Wabash Screen Door Company
- West Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- West Tennessee State Teachers College
- Western Electric
- Willett Street Team Track
- William C. Ellis and Sons Ironworks and Machine Shop
- Woolsulate Corporation
- Young Insulation Group of Memphis, Inc.