01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri Mesothelioma Treatment
Saint Louis offers residents many options for mesothelioma treatment. Residents with mesothelioma can choose from several local cancer treatment centers. Cancer centers and doctors that specialize in mesothelioma can help patients achieve the best treatment outcomes. This may include improved mesothelioma prognosis and life expectancy.
Personalized mesothelioma treatment plans for Saint Louis patients may include a combination of chemotherapy, surgery, radiation and other treatments as well as palliative care. Patients who go to top mesothelioma cancer centers may be eligible to take part in clinical trials, which test emerging treatments.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Saint Louis, Missouri
Several cancer centers and treatment facilities for mesothelioma are located in the Saint Louis area. Patients can access surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and other therapies at these facilities.
For instance, the Barnes-Jewish Hospital is home to the Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center, Missouri’s only Comprehensive Cancer Center as designated by the National Cancer Institute. Doctors at the center can also recommend clinical trials. As a result, patients may access the latest promising mesothelioma treatments.
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri Mesothelioma Doctors
Saint Louis residents diagnosed with mesothelioma should seek care from experienced mesothelioma doctors. A multidisciplinary care team will work together to create a personalized treatment plan for each patient’s specific case. This team may include thoracic surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, nurses and pain management experts, among others. Patient support staff can help patients and their loved ones navigate all aspects of treatment.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Saint Louis residents diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease may be eligible for financial compensation. Pursuing asbestos legal options in Missouri can help patients cover costs associated with their diagnoses. Compensation can be used for travel, medical expenses and lost wages.
Compensation may result from a mesothelioma settlement, lawsuit verdict or an asbestos trust fund claim. Individuals diagnosed with mesothelioma in Saint Louis have received compensation.
To pursue compensation, victims should contact an experienced mesothelioma lawyer.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Saint Louis, Missouri
People exposed to asbestos in Missouri at a commercial, residential or military site and diagnosed with mesothelioma may be entitled to compensation. Mesothelioma lawyers can advocate for clients in Saint Louis seeking compensation from companies at fault. Experienced national law firms are familiar with Missouri laws related to asbestos lawsuits and can guide clients through the filing process.
Lawyers with established track records understand the effects of a mesothelioma diagnosis. These attorneys have significant medical knowledge and legal experience to build a case. An asbestos attorney can answer questions and support clients throughout the entire legal process, including negotiating settlements for mesothelioma.
Dean Omar Branham Shirley, LLP
The Gori Law Firm
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Saint Louis, Missouri
Asbestos victims and their family members may file a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit. Each state has requirements and statutes of limitations for when these claims must be filed. These statutes dictate how many years after an asbestos-related death or diagnosis a lawsuit can be filed. A mesothelioma lawyer who understands Missouri asbestos laws can provide patients and their family members with information on these requirements.
Statutes of Limitations for Saint Louis
Claims must be filed within 5 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 3 years after an asbestos-related death.
Experienced mesothelioma lawyers may file an asbestos lawsuit or claim on behalf of asbestos victims against companies or organizations responsible for their exposure. A successful lawsuit may result in compensation from an award or settlement. Financial compensation may help patients and their loved ones pay for travel expenses and treatment.
Examples of clients served in the Saint Louis area:
Occupation: Coast Guard
Jobsites Worked at: United States Coast Guard Base (1976 – 1978)
Occupations: Army, Engineer
Jobsites Worked at: DRS Sustainment Systems Inc. (1984 – 1985); Hampton Park Investment (1977 – 1983); Sabreliner Corporation (1986 – 2004)
Jobsites Worked at: Wood River Refinery (1965)
Occupations: Navy, Painter
Jobsites Worked at: Cento’s Restaurant (1980 – 2006); Deters Paint & Drywall Contracting Co. (1959 – 1963); Howard Barthelmass Painting Co. (1957 – 1958); John H. Hinrichs & Sons (1953 – 1955); Kunes Painting & Drywall (1965 – 1980); Schwartz Taxidermists (1945 – 1948)
04. Asbestos Use in Saint Louis
Asbestos Use in Saint Louis, Missouri
Asbestos use was common at a variety of jobsites in Saint Louis and other cities throughout the country until the 1980s. Companies used asbestos because it is inexpensive, durable and flame resistant. However, it was found to be potentially harmful long before it was regulated. This led to workers developing asbestos-related diseases such as mesothelioma.
In Saint Louis, asbestos was commonly used in manufacturing facilities. Sometimes, the manufactured products themselves contained asbestos. In other cases, the buildings that housed these facilities used asbestos pipes or insulation and other types of asbestos-containing products. Individuals could be exposed during the construction or maintenance of these buildings.
Missouri jobsites where asbestos exposure may have occurred include Anheuser-Busch, Chrysler, Combustion Engineering, Meramec Powerhouse, Nooter Corporation and St. Louis Shipbuilding & Steel Company.
Ford Faced Asbestos Verdicts in Saint Louis, Missouri
Brake components in Ford Motor Company automobiles and other forms of transportation contained asbestos until the mineral was regulated in the late 1970s. As a result, auto mechanics who worked with brakes, clutches and other asbestos-containing auto parts were commonly exposed while performing maintenance on cars and trucks.
These workers may have a higher risk of developing mesothelioma. Several families of these injured workers have successfully filed lawsuits against Ford and other manufacturers that used asbestos components in their products. Some cases led to multi-million-dollar verdicts for victims and their families. In 2022, a former automobile mechanic sued Ford in an asbestos lawsuit. The plaintiff was awarded a $20 million dollar settlement.
The primary focus of these cases was brake repair. Automobile brakes contained asbestos for many years. The dust could be released during repair jobs, putting mechanics at risk for mesothelioma.
Asbestos exposure can lead to mesothelioma. You or a loved one may have been diagnosed with mesothelioma. A mesothelioma specialist and lawyer can help you determine your best treatment and legal options, respectively.
Saint Louis, Missouri Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Abex Corporation
- Absorbent Cotton Co.
- Ajax Iron & Metal Company
- Alexian Brothers Hospital
- Alligator Oil Clothing Company
- Alton Brick Company
- American Air Filter Company, Inc.
- American Brake Company
- American Can Company
- American Car and Foundry Company
- American Heating & Air Conditioning
- American Steel Foundry Company
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Art Welding Company
- Arthur Maier Plumbing
- Ascension Catholic Church
- Atlantic Gulf & Pacific Company
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Baumstark Roofing, Inc.
- Beck Engineering Company
- Beck Steel Company
- Belcher Sugar Refinery Building
- Bell Telephone Building
- Belleville Construction
- Bemis Brothers Bag Company
- Bernard & Associates
- Bernet, Craft and Kauffman Milling Company
- Biscayne Heating
- Boatmen’s National Bank
- Brauer Supply Company
- Broderick & Bascom Rope Company
- Brookings Hall, Washington University
- Busch Stadium
- Cardinal Potato Chips
- Carondelet Station
- Carr Lane Manufacturing Company
- Carr Square Village
- Carter Carburetor
- CBS Building
- Central Electric
- Chevron Chemical Company
- Chrysler Assembly Plant
- City Hospital Power Plant
- City of St. Louis Municipal Building
- City of St. Louis Water Division
- Clayton Ave Team Track
- Columbia Brewing Company
- Combustion Engineering
- Compton Chimney Company
- Concord Village Shopping
- Concordia Publishing House
- Continental Bakery
- Continental Can Company
- Continental Fabricators, Inc.
- Continental Portland Cement Company
- Corrigan Company
- Crane Co.
- Crown Zellerbach
- Cummings Welding, Inc.
- Cupples Products Corporation
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- D.L. Wing Company
- D.W. Pratt
- De Soto Construction Company
- Deaconess Hospital
- Deaconess Incarnate Word Health System
- Douglas Aircraft
- Duchesne High School
- E. H. Abadie Company
- E. I. DuPont de Nemours and Company
- Emerson Electric Building
- Euclid St. Power Plant
- F. O. Rutherford Insulation Company
- Faith Hospital
- Falstaff Brewing Company
- Famous-Barr Co.
- Fayette R. Plumb, Inc.
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Ferguson Junior High School
- First National Bank
- Fisher Body Company
- Fleischer Seeger Construction
- Flexco Supply Company, Inc.
- Ford Motor Company
- Fry Roofing Company
- GAF Corporation
- Gas Works
- Gateway Ammunition Plant
- Geigher Pipe Supply, Inc.
- General Cable Corporation Plant
- General Dynamics
- General Electric
- General Motors
- General Steel Castings Corporation
- Geo P. Plant Milling Company Buildings
- George F. Robertson Plastering Co.
- Granco Steel Products Company
- Grand Forest Apartments
- Granite City Steel Company
- Great Lakes Carbon Corporation
- H. & L. Waldo Heating
- H.R. Wilson Machinery Company
- Helmbacher Forge and Rolling Mills Company
- Hercules Chemical Company
- Hercules Power Plant
- Hi Temp Refractories Company
- Hinde & Dauch Paper Company
- Holy Child School
- Huse & Loomis Ice and Transportation Company
- Hydraulic Press Brick Company Buildings
- Hydro-Blast, Inc.
- Illinois Power Company
- Immaculate Conception School
- Incarnate Word Hospital
- Industrial Combustion Company Inc.
- Insulating & Materials Company
- International Paper Company
- International Shoe Company Building
- Iron Fireman Manufacturing
- J. Imrie Sales Company
- J.F. Queeny Plant
- Jackes-Evans Manufacturing Company
- John J. Cochran Veterans Hospital
- Joseph Blackburn Corporation
- Kehlor Flour Mills Company Buildings
- Kennard Corporation Building
- Kincaid Power Station
- Kisco Boiler & Engineering Company
- Kroger Company
- Laclede Gas Company
- Laclede Power Company Building
- Lake Superior Power Company
- Lakeside Power Plant
- Lemay Machine Company (LMC)
- Lever Brothers Company
- Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company
- Lincoln Engineering Company
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition Buildings
- Lutheran Hospital
- Lutheran Hospital & School of Nursing
- M. A. Seed Dry Plate Company Buildings
- Mackles Texaco
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Mansion House Apartments
- Marriott St. Louis Grand
- McDonnell Aircraft Corporation
- McDonnell Douglas Corporation
- McNair and De Camp
- Meeman Fixture Company
- Memorial Hospital
- Meramec Power Plant
- Meredosia Power Plant
- Midwest Pipe & Supply Company
- Mississippi Glass Company
- Missouri Baptist Church
- Missouri Boiler and Tank Co.
- Missouri Electric Light and Power Company (Union Electric Company)
- Missouri Pacific Railroad
- Missouri Portland Cement Company
- Moloney Electric Co.
- Monsanto Company
- Monsanto Krummrich Plant
- Most Precious Blood School
- Mound City Ice and Cold Storage Company
- Mound Street Station
- National Light and Imprint Company
- Nestle Purina PetCare Company (Purina)
- NL Industries, Inc.
- Nooter Corporation
- Norfolk & Western Railway Company
- Ohio Oil Company
- Our Lady of Good Counsel
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Convent
- Our Lady of Loretto School
- Peters-Eichler Mechanical, Inc.
- Pevely Dairy Company
- Philadelphia Quartz Company
- Pioneer Cooperage Company
- Polar Wave Ice and Fuel Company
- Poplar Street Bridge
- Powell Symphony Hall
- Procter & Gamble Company
- Pullman Company
- Putt Industries
- R. & L. Waldo Heating
- R. H. Spangler Company, Inc.
- R.& R. Equipment & Manufacturing
- Rapid Service Laundry
- Rexall Drug Company
- Reynolds Metals Company
- Riley Stoker Corporation
- Ruberoid Company
- Rush Island Power Station
- Saint Louis University
- Saint Louis Zoo
- Scullin Steel Company
- Shell Oil Company
- Sinaloa Electric Light and Power Company
- Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
- Sligo Furnace Company
- So Good Potato Chip Company
- Southern Metal Processing
- Southwestern Bell Telephone Company
- St. Anthony Church
- St. Anthony of Padua School
- St. Bridget of Erin Church
- St. Casimir Academy
- St. Clement of Rome School
- St. David Church
- St. Dismas Church
- St. Dominic Savio School
- St. Francis of Assisi Rectory
- St. George School
- St. Gertrude School
- St. Joan of Arc Church
- St. John School
- St. Joseph School
- St. Louis Arena
- St. Louis Army Ammunition Plant
- St. Louis Art Museum
- St. Louis Board of Education
- St. Louis Boiler Supply Company
- St. Louis Car Company
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- St. Louis City Hospital
- St. Louis City Power House
- St. Louis Community College
- St. Louis Community College (STLCC) Forest Park
- St. Louis Cordage Mills
- St. Louis Hills Medical Building
- St. Louis Housing Authority
- St. Louis Housing Project
- St. Louis Independent Packing Company
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport
- St. Louis Lead and Oil Works
- St. Louis Malleable Casting Company
- St. Louis Ordnance (Ammunition) Plant
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Building
- St. Louis Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center
- St. Louis Screw & Bolt
- St. Louis Shipbuilding & Steel Company
- St. Louis Shipyard
- St. Louis Smelting and Refining Company
- St. Louis Transit Company
- St. Louis Truck Assembly
- St. Louis VA Medical Center-Jefferson Barracks
- St. Louis Wire Mill Company
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- St. Raphael Church
- St. Thomas the Apostle Church
- St. Thomas the Apostle School
- St. Vincent Church
- Standard Heating
- Stouffer’s Riverfront Inn
- Stovey Company
- Streckfus Steamers
- Swift & Company
- Syndicate Trust Building
- Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis
- Titanium Pigment Corporation
- U.S. Post Office and Custom House
- Unidynamics Corporation
- Union Carbide Corporation
- Union Depot Railroad Company
- Union Electric Company
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Union Press Brick Works
- United States Atomic Energy Commission
- Unites, Inc.
- Valley Winds Elementary School
- W.E. Dodson & Son Machinery Company
- Wabash Railway Company
- Wagner Electrical Corporation
- Washington University in St. Louis
- West County Center
- West Virginia Pulp & Paper Company
- Western Electrical Supply Company
- Westinghouse Electric Company
- White-Rodgers Division of Emerson Electric Company
- Whitehall Apartments
- Williams School
- Young Sales Corporation