01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Canton
Canton, Ohio Mesothelioma Treatment
Residents who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma have access to treatment near Canton. For example, treatment facilities are available in eastern Ohio and southwest Pennsylvania. The Cleveland Clinic is located close to Canton in Cleveland, Ohio. Residents of Canton may also choose to seek treatment from out-of-state providers in the Pittsburgh area.
It is important for patients to have a dedicated mesothelioma treatment team. Experienced professionals can develop a treatment plan unique to each patient’s diagnosis. Treatment options may include surgery, radiation and/or chemotherapy.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Canton, Ohio
Canton mesothelioma patients can seek treatment at nearby mesothelioma cancer centers. These centers provide direct access to a variety of treatments from mesothelioma doctors and other experienced staff. They may also offer eligible patients experimental treatments through clinical trials. Patients can work with their doctors to create a personalized treatment plan to receive comprehensive care.
Canton mesothelioma patients can find nearby mesothelioma centers in both Ohio and Pennsylvania. The Cleveland Clinic has some of the best doctors and researchers in the region. The thoracic surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic have been ranked #1 by U.S. News and World Report. These surgeons treat mesothelioma using state-of-the-art techniques, like video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS).
Cancer centers may also offer access to support groups and other forms of community programs for both mesothelioma patients and their loved ones.
Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital Cancer Center
Case Western Reserve University
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Canton
Canton, Ohio Mesothelioma Doctors
Malignant mesothelioma patients in the Canton area can access nearby doctors who specialize in this rare form of cancer. Experienced mesothelioma doctors work with patients to create personalized treatment plans. These plans may consist of several treatment methods aimed at improving a patient’s mesothelioma prognosis and maintaining quality of life. These doctors may also be able to assist patients with enrolling in mesothelioma clinical trials.
Nathan Pennell, M.D., Ph.D.
James Stevenson, M.D.
James D. Luketich, M.D.
James Pingpank, M.D.
Neil A. Christie, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Canton
Canton, Ohio Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma patients and their loved ones may be entitled to compensation for their injuries. There are several types of mesothelioma compensation available to victims and their families including mesothelioma settlements, asbestos trust fund claims and lawsuit verdicts.
A lawyer experienced in Ohio asbestos law can determine which compensation options asbestos victims may be eligible for and can guide them through the filing process. Compensation awards can be used for lost wages, medical expenses and financial security for loved ones.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Canton, Ohio
Some of the best asbestos lawyers work for national mesothelioma law firms and serve residents of Canton. Mesothelioma lawyers have access to a wide range of resources and information. They can work with victims every step of the way during the lawsuit process to help secure compensation.
Asbestos-related laws may vary from state to state, and knowledgeable asbestos attorneys can navigate the laws that impact litigation in Canton. These lawyers can help victims choose the best options for filing a mesothelioma lawsuit.
Experienced attorneys can also help victims identify jobsites known for asbestos exposure and asbestos-containing products they may have used. For example, victims may have been exposed to asbestos while performing personal home or auto repairs.
Experienced mesothelioma lawyers can also work within legal deadlines to help victims receive the compensation they deserve.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Canton, Ohio
Lawsuits filed in Canton must follow the relevant Ohio laws. For example, each state has its own deadlines for filing certain types of lawsuits defined in their statutes of limitations. Asbestos victims can work with a mesothelioma lawyer to make sure they meet any filing deadlines.
Statutes of Limitations for Canton
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Working with a law firm that is familiar with local laws is beneficial for victims. For example, law firms familiar with asbestos use in Canton can help identify known exposure sites in the city. These lawyers can determine which asbestos companies may be at fault, pursue steps for litigation and compensation and negotiate settlements for their clients.
Examples of clients served in Canton include:
Jobsites Worked at: Metropolitan Industries Inc. (1956 – 1957)
Jobsites Worked at: All Ohio Heating (1999 – 2002)
Occupations: Laborer, Construction
Jobsites Worked at: AGA Gas Plant (1968 – 2005)
Occupations: Navy, Truck driver
Jobsites Worked at: Conavaie (1988 – 1989)
04. Asbestos Use in Canton
Asbestos Use in Canton, Ohio
Asbestos materials were commonly used in Canton and across America from the early 1900s to the late 1970s. Residential, commercial and industrial buildings were frequently constructed with asbestos materials because of the mineral’s durability and fire-resistant properties.
Asbestos-containing buildings pose a risk if the asbestos becomes airborne. This may happen through construction, demolition or wear and tear from aging. Work on these buildings requires professionals who know how to safely remove and dispose of asbestos.
There are many instances where, for example, demolitions are performed improperly and workers are exposed to asbestos. One such event occurred in Canton in the early 2010s.
Asbestos Exposure at Former Stark Ceramics Facility in Canton, Ohio
From November 2011 to January 2013, demolition work was performed at the former Stark Ceramics manufacturing facility in Canton. The work was done by Chemstruction, a business operating out of Chardon, Ohio. Throughout the demolition process, the company ignored asbestos safety requirements and used illegal practices.
As a result of Chemstruction’s activity, asbestos dust got into the air at the site, potentially exposing workers and visitors. These violations led to the arrest and conviction of the Chemstruction owner.
People potentially exposed at this jobsite, or at another jobsite with improper asbestos mitigation protocols, should discuss this with their doctors. A doctor can watch for potential symptoms of mesothelioma. Mesothelioma treatment is more effective when caught early.
Canton, Ohio Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A. P. Green Refractories
- Acme Wet Wash Laundry Company
- AK Property Corporation
- Allen Elementary School
- American Electric Power (AEP)
- American Roll and Foundry Company
- American Sheet and Tin Plate Manufacturing Company
- Anchor Foundry & Machine Company
- AP Green Industries, Inc.
- Apple Creek State Hospital
- Ashland Oil & Refining Company
- Aultman Hospital
- Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O)
- Belfonti Companies, LLC
- Belle Stone Elementary School
- Berger Manufacturing Company
- Bolloré Technologies
- Bormot Company
- Brand Plastic
- Brownflo Sicker & Comb Company
- Cambridge State Hospital
- Canton Casting
- Canton Central Catholic High School
- Canton Die Manufacturing
- Canton Drop Forge Company
- Canton Electric Company
- Canton Electric Light and Power Company
- Canton Erectors, Inc.
- Canton Foundry & Machine Company
- Canton Hughes Pump Company
- Canton Laundry and Cleaning Company
- Canton Malleable Iron Company
- Canton Saw Company
- Canton Screen Plant
- Canton South High School
- Canton Water Reclamation Facility
- Carnahan Tin Plate and Sheet Company
- Cedar Elementary School
- Cedar Locust Housing for the Elderly
- Central Alloy Steel Corporation
- Chas. E. Phipps Company
- Cleveland Axle Manufacturing Company
- Cloverleaf High School
- Cloverleaf Local Schools
- Columbia-Southern Chemical Corporation
- Columbia/HCA Mercy Hospital
- D&H Machinery
- Defense Plant Corporation
- Diamond Crystal Salt
- Diebold Safe and Lock Company
- Dover Public Library
- Dunlap Memorial Hospital
- E. W. Bliss Company
- East Fairfield Church
- East Holmes High School
- East Ohio Gas Company
- Edward R. Hart Company
- Erwine Intermediate School
- Evans Savings & Loan
- Falcon Tin Plate Company
- Firestone Synthetic Rubber & Latex
- Firestone Tire & Rubber Company
- First National Bank
- First United Presbyterian Church
- Ford Motor Company, Canton Forge
- Franklin Elementary School
- Gambrinous Plant
- Garaway High School
- Garfield Academy
- General Electric
- General Motors Corporation (GM)
- General Tire, Inc.
- Goodyear Aerospace
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Gorell Elementary School
- Grace Evangelical Church
- Green Intermediate School
- Hammond Acoustical Company
- Harrison School
- Hartford Middle School
- Helfrich Die Cast
- Hellenic Cultural Center
- Hercules Motors Corporation
- Hess and Clark
- House of Loreto
- Hupp Corporation
- Irwin School
- J.H. Mclain Company
- J.M. Smucker Company
- J&L Steel
- Kent State University
- Knight Tire & Rubber Company
- Lawson’s Dairy
- Lima State Hospital
- Lincoln High School
- Linde Air Products Company
- Longcoy Elementary School
- LTV Corporation
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Masonic Temple
- Medical Center Association, Ltd.
- Merchants’ Heat, Light, and Power Company
- New Philadelphia School District
- Northern Ohio Traction and Light Company
- Ohio Bell Telephone Company
- Ohio Power Company
- Ohio Tar & Asphalt
- OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
- Old Trail School
- Orrville Municipal Utilities
- Osnaburg Township High School
- Park-Ohio Products, Inc.
- Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company (PPG)
- Poor & Company Canton Forge & Axle Works
- Preston Elementary School
- Quaker Oats Company
- Reiter Corporation
- Renkert Building
- Republic Stamping and Enameling Company
- Republic Steel Corporation
- Reynolds Memorial Hospital
- Roll Machine Works
- Roosevelt High School
- Sebring Tire
- Seiberling Rubber Company
- Springfield Manufacturing.
- St. Francis Convent
- St. Joseph Hospice
- St. Joseph Parish School
- St. Thomas Aquinas High School
- Stark County Jail
- Stark High School
- Stark Rolling Mill Company
- Steam Vanadium Corporation
- Summa Health System St. Thomas Campus
- Superior Dairy, Inc.
- Superior Sheet Metal, Inc.
- Timken Company
- Timken Company Gambrinus Bearing Plant
- Timken Mercy Hospital
- Timken Mercy Medical Center
- TimkenSteel Harrison Plant
- Triway High School
- Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Twinsburg Pumping Station Heating
- U.S. Naval Ordnance Plant
- U.S. Steel Corporation
- Union Metal Industries Corporation
- United Alloy Steel Corporation
- United Engineering and Foundry Company, Inc.
- United Furnace Company
- United States Post Office
- University of Mount Union
- Wallace & Tiernan, Inc.
- Washington High School
- Wean United
- Westinghouse Electric Company
- Whitman & Barnes Manufacturing Company
- Wilson Rubber Company
- Wooster College
- Wooster Municipal Building
- Wright Wrench and Forging Company
- Wright Wrench Manufacturing Company