01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Shreveport
Shreveport, Louisiana Mesothelioma Treatment
Shreveport mesothelioma patients can seek treatment at several different cancer centers in Louisiana and Texas. Treatment options will vary from patient to patient. An experienced doctor can discuss mesothelioma treatment options with patients. They may suggest treatments including surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation. Doctors may also suggest clinical trials to eligible patients.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Shreveport, Louisiana
Cancer centers specializing in mesothelioma that serve Shreveport residents provide multiple treatment options. Mesothelioma patients in Shreveport may receive care at several nearby locations. For example, they may consult with oncologists at the Willis-Knighton Cancer Center and receive treatment such as chemotherapy.
Patients can also find mesothelioma doctors in New Orleans, Dallas and Houston. If a patient is a surgical candidate, they may be able to seek treatment at the Mesothelioma Treatment Center in Houston, Texas. This center is located at the Lung Institute at Baylor College of Medicine. It is known as a leader in diagnosis, treatment and research of malignant mesothelioma.
The Gayle and Tom Benson Cancer Center
Lung Institute at Baylor College of Medicine
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Shreveport
Shreveport, Louisiana Mesothelioma Doctors
Each case of mesothelioma is unique. Care will depend on a wide range of factors. Doctors with experience treating mesothelioma will create a personalized plan for each patient. Mesothelioma doctors will develop a treatment plan to improve survival while maximizing quality of life.
Mesothelioma is a rare disease. It is important to find a doctor who has prior experience treating mesothelioma patients.
Robert Ramirez, D.O.
Brian L. Pettiford, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Shreveport
Shreveport, Louisiana Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma victims who live in or worked with asbestos in Shreveport may be able to file a lawsuit in the state of Louisiana. A victim may have additional options for places to file if asbestos exposure occurred outside of Louisiana.
An experienced mesothelioma law firm will review all the facts of the case and the past asbestos exposure profile of the victim to determine the best venue for where to file each case. There are several mesothelioma law firms with years of experience filing cases in Louisiana and nationwide.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Shreveport, Louisiana
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, it is important to speak with an attorney with experience handling mesothelioma cases in Shreveport. An experienced mesothelioma lawyer will be familiar with asbestos companies, jobsites and asbestos trusts relevant to Shreveport victims.
There are numerous asbestos defendants who operate or operated in Shreveport and are known to have exposed their workers to asbestos. Some of these defendants are listed on asbestos trust jobsite lists. The following law firms have helped mesothelioma clients throughout the state of Louisiana:
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Shreveport, Louisiana
Mesothelioma lawsuits need to be filed by specific deadlines defined by a state’s statutes of limitations. Statutes of limitations vary by state and by lawsuit type. Individuals should contact a Shreveport mesothelioma attorney to learn more about the filing process.
Statutes of Limitations for Shreveport
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 1 year after an asbestos-related death.
Jobsites Worked at: R.F. Zimmerman & Co Inc. (1969)
Occupations: Air Force, Engineer
Jobsites Worked at: Delta Manufacturing (1972 – 1976); Thompson Industries (1976 – 2008); Underwriters Laboratory (1997); Western Electric (1968 – 1969); Win Cup (2001 – 2008)
Occupations: Army, Pipefitter
Jobsites Worked at: Pennzoil Company (1980 – 1999)
Jobsites Worked at: Beal Locke & Associates Inc. (1981); Fred Kahler & Associates Inc. (1983); Wheless Drilling Company (1978 – 1982)
04. Asbestos Use in Shreveport
Asbestos Use in Shreveport, Louisiana
Asbestos products were often used in oil refineries and manufacturing plants in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Various manufacturing plants were located in the city, including General Motors, which operated a large plant there until 2012. Historically, asbestos was often used in manufacturing machinery.
The city has been an integral part of the Louisiana oil industry since the beginning of the 20th century. Many major oil companies had refineries in Shreveport. Asbestos was used extensively in oil drilling and refining equipment due to its heat-resistant qualities. Oil workers were often exposed to high quantities of asbestos.
Asbestos in Shreveport, Louisiana’s Oil Refineries
Many oil companies had refineries in Shreveport. For example, Pennzoil Company operated one from the 1880s until 2001, when they sold the refinery to Calumet Specialty Products. For much of the 20th century, asbestos use at oil refineries was common. Equipment and machinery used in refineries had asbestos-containing components, including:
Asbestos was also a significant component of fireproof clothing worn by refinery workers. Many refinery workers and tradesmen who performed repairs on equipment and pipelines were exposed to asbestos.
Many oil company refineries in Shreveport are listed on approved asbestos exposure jobsite lists. This includes Amoco Refineries, La Gloria Refinery and Pennzoil Refinery. If you or a loved one has mesothelioma and worked at one of these sites, you may be eligible for compensation with one or more companies. A mesothelioma lawyer can help with the asbestos claim process.
Shreveport, Louisiana Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.M.F. Beaird, Inc.
- A.P. Green Industries
- ABC Midland
- Alco Products Oil Field Equipment Company Inc.
- American Compress & Warehouse Company, Inc.
- American Cotton Oil Company
- Amoco Refineries
- Architectural Products Manufacturing Company, Inc.
- Arkansas Fuel Oil Company
- Arkansas Louisiana Gas Company (ALG)
- Arkla Chemical Corporation (Arkla)
- Arthur Circle Elementary School
- Atlas Contractors, LLC
- Atlas Oil and Refining Corporation
- Atlas Processing Company
- Barksdale Air Force Base Aero Club
- Bayou State Oil Corporation
- Bird & Son
- Brown & Root
- Caddo-De Soto Cotton Oil Company, Inc.
- Catalytic, Inc.
- Cities Service
- Coca-Cola Company
- Confederate Memorial Medical Center
- Delta Southern Manufacturing Company
- Dittco Architectural Products, Inc.
- East Texas Refining Company
- Ford Motor Company
- G & S Roofing Products, Inc.
- General Motors Corporation (GM)
- Henderson Cotton Oil Company
- Independent Supply & Service, Inc.
- Industrial Roofing and Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
- Industrial Steel
- International Paper
- Irish Pipeline Supply Company, Inc.
- J. Graves Insulation Company, Inc.
- J.M. Brown Construction Company, Inc.
- Kansas City Southern Inc.
- Kansas City Southern Railway Company (KCS)
- Kansas City, Pittsburg and Gulf Railroad Company (KCP&G)
- La Gloria Refinery
- Libbey-Owens-Ford Glass Company
- Libby Glass Plant
- Louisiana Army Ammunition Plant
- Oak Terrace Alternative School
- Olin Corporation
- Pennsylvania Oil Company
- Pennzoil Company
- Pennzoil Refinery
- Preformed Metal Products Company, Inc.
- Premet Company, Inc.
- R. F. Zimmerman & Company, Inc.
- Ralston Purina Company
- Reformed Metals Company
- Richard Machinery & Supply Company
- Rothschild Boiler & Tank Works, Inc.
- Schumpert Medical Center
- Shreveport Charity Hospital
- Shreveport Producing & Refining Company, Inc.
- Shreveport, Gas, Electric Light & Power Company
- Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word
- Southwestern Electric Power Company (SWEPCO)
- Southwestern Gas and Electric Company
- Spartan Oil & Refining Company, Inc.
- Standard Asbestos Manufacturing and Insulating Company
- State Office Building
- Steel Forgings, Inc.
- Superior Iron Works & Supply LLC
- T.E. Schumpert Memorial Sanitarium
- Taylor Contracting and Supply Company Inc.
- Taylor-Seidenbach, Inc.
- Union Seed and Fertilizer Company
- United Gas Pipe Line Company
- United States Veterans Hospital
- Universal Oil Products Company
- Wilson Packing Company, Inc.
- Woolco Department Store