01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Peoria
Peoria, Illinois Mesothelioma Treatment
Peoria, Illinois, is within driving distance of Chicago. Mesothelioma patients may seek treatment at several cancer centers in the area. It is important to seek treatment from doctors that specialize in treating mesothelioma as it is a rare form of cancer.
Doctors at these cancer centers may be involved in clinical trials. Patients can discuss eligibility for participating in these trials with their doctor.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Peoria, Illinois
Peoria is located near several notable Illinois cancer centers and mesothelioma specialists. Several major cancer centers in the Chicago area are very close to Peoria.
For example, the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University specializes in providing mesothelioma treatment. This center is a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Care Center. The Lurie Cancer Center uses immunotherapy, targeted therapy and surgery to treat mesothelioma.
The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center (UChicago Medicine) is another major cancer center near Peoria. It is also an NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Care Center. UChicago Medicine has a dedicated team of mesothelioma physicians. Several of these doctors are involved with various clinical trials. Some trials are evaluating the effectiveness of experimental mesothelioma treatment therapies.
City of Hope Chicago
Edward Cancer Center – Naperville
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
Rush University Cancer Center
The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Peoria
Peoria, Illinois Mesothelioma Doctors
Doctors at cancer centers near Peoria develop individualized treatment plans for their patients. Their goal is to create a comprehensive plan that will result in the most favorable outcome. Doctors in the Peoria area may use various treatment methods. Some treatments include immunotherapy, heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) and targeted therapy.
Traves D. Crabtree, M.D.
Michael J. Liptay, M.D.
Hedy Lee Kindler, M.D.
Samuel Armato, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Peoria
Peoria, Illinois Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma victims and their loved ones may be entitled to compensation. A mesothelioma lawsuit can be filed against responsible parties. This may help pay for medical expenses, replace lost wages and provide for loved ones.
Claims may also be filed with many of the asbestos bankruptcy trust funds. These trust funds were established to compensate asbestos-diseases victims. A mesothelioma lawyer can guide clients through the process of filing a claim or lawsuit.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Peoria, Illinois
Peoria mesothelioma victims should seek legal support from an experienced mesothelioma law firm. These law firms have the expertise to guide clients through the legal process. Lawyers at these firms can fight for the compensation victims deserve.
The following law firms have experience filing mesothelioma claims in Illinois:
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Peoria, Illinois
Asbestos victims may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. Their family members may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Statutes of Limitations for Peoria
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Asbestos victims may file an asbestos lawsuit or claim. These are filed against negligent companies or organizations responsible for asbestos exposure leading to a related illness. A successful lawsuit may result in compensation from an award or settlement. Financial compensation may help patients and their loved ones pay for expenses. These expenses may include travel-related and treatment costs.
Examples of clients served in the Peoria area:
Jobsites Worked at: Hiram Walker (1943 – 1944); Lexington House Corp. (1977 – 1978); Sharon Health Center (1979 – 1989)
Occupations: Navy, Machinist
Jobsites Worked at: Tri-City Machine Products, Inc. (1974 – 1975)
Occupations: Paper mill worker, Army
Jobsites Worked at: Duck Creek Powerhouse (1978 – 1979)
Occupation: Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: Caterpillar (1972 – 2003); Edward Rehm (1959 – 1960); Gorsuchs Barber Shop (1964 – 1966); Grovers Barber Shop (1960 – 1961); Jack Anthony Neiukirk (1960); Mt. Hawley Barber Shop (1975); Steve Bennerick (1961); Wal-Mart (1995 – 1997)
04. Asbestos Use in Peoria
Asbestos Use in Peoria, Illinois
Peoria has been a hub of industry since the 1800s. Asbestos use was common across many industries before the early 1980s. Asbestos is a naturally occurring fiber that was used in many materials. Exposure to asbestos may lead to mesothelioma or another asbestos disease. Workers in Peoria were exposed to asbestos in manufacturing, brewing and transportation industries.
Workers Exposed to Asbestos at Peoria, Illinois Companies
Peoria has been home to industry for many years. Caterpillar, Inc. operated one of its plant facilities in Peoria. The company was a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment. Many products manufactured by the company contained asbestos until the early 1980s.
Workers in these manufacturing plants were repeatedly exposed to asbestos on the job. These workers are at risk for developing mesothelioma. To date, claims continue to be filed against Caterpillar, Inc. for asbestos-related injuries.
Likewise, the Pabst Brewing Company was also based in Peoria. Some of the largest brewing companies in America have histories dating as far back as the late 1800s. Many of the plants these breweries operated in were constructed with asbestos. The mineral was a popular fireproofing and insulating material.
As a result, workers at breweries like Pabst Brewing Company were exposed to asbestos on the job. In addition, the company failed to provide proper personal protective equipment (PPE) for workers in areas of high exposure. As a result, some of these workers developed mesothelioma years later.
Peoria, Illinois Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Abbott Power Plant
- ADM Corn Sweeteners
- Allied Mills, Inc.
- American Box Board Company
- American Glucose Company
- American Spirits Manufacturing Company
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
- Avery Manufacturing Company
- Baldwin Generating Center
- Balzer & Gardner
- Barrett Manufacturing Company
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Bosch Food Products Company
- Bradley University
- Broderick & Bascom Rope Company
- Burn-Zol Inc.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Celotex Corporation
- Central Illinois Construction
- Central Illinois Light Company
- Century Distilling Company
- Champaign Central High School
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company (CB&I)
- Clarke Brothers and Company
- Commercial Solvents Corporation (CSC)
- Commonwealth Edison (ComEd)
- Connor Co.
- Dresser Industries, WABCO Division
- Duck Creek Power Station
- Edwards Power Plant
- Eugene Schlink & Son Inc.
- F.W. Means & Company
- Federal Warehouse Company
- Fisk Generating Station
- Florida Avenue Residence (FAR) Halls
- Franklin Life Insurance Company
- Franklin Primary School
- Glucose Sugar Refinery Company
- Great Western Distilling Company
- Greater Peoria Sanitary District
- H. Douglas Singer Mental Health Center
- Hart Carter Company (HCC Inc.)
- Hiram Walker & Sons Distillery
- Illinois Terminal Railroad
- International Harvester Building
- Jefferson City Light, Heat and Power Company
- Kankakee State Hospital
- Keystone Steel & Wire Company
- Kincaid Generating Station
- Komatsu Dresser Haulpak Company
- Kraft Foods
- Lacey Drainage & Levee District
- LeTourneau-Westinghouse Company
- Liberty Street Station
- Liquid Carbonic Company
- Little Giant Products Inc
- Manual High School
- Maple City Stamping Co.
- Maplewood Coal Company
- McQuellon Plumbing & Heating
- McWilliams Electric Company
- Methodist Medical Center of Illinois
- National Aluminum Manufacturing Company
- National Distillers Products Co.
- Northern Regional Research Laboratory (NRRL)
- Pabst Blue Ribbon Building
- Peoria & Springfield Railroad
- Peoria and Pekin Union Railway
- Peoria Apron & Towel Supply Inc.
- Peoria Cordage Company
- Peoria Grape Sugar Company
- Peoria Housing Authority
- Peoria Industrial Piping
- Peoria Rubber and Manufacturing Company
- Peoria Savings & Loan Association
- Peoria, Bloomington & Champaign Railway
- Powerton Lake
- Premier Malt Products Company
- Ritschel Coal Company
- Scottish American Distillery
- Security Savings and Loan Association
- Sheet Metal Products Company
- Sherex Chemical Company, Inc.
- Southern Illinois University
- Springfield City Offices
- Sprinkmann Sons Corporation
- St. Boniface Catholic Church
- Standard Distilling & Distributing Co.
- State of Illinois Peoria Regional Office Building
- Tom Smith Plumbing
- United States Industrial Alcohol Company
- University High School
- University of Illinois
- US Foods
- Wallace Power Station
- Wood River Power Station
- Woodruff Ice Company
- Woolner Distilling Company
- WPEO Radio Station