01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma cancer may develop decades after exposure to asbestos. This exposure often takes place at jobsites. Mesothelioma treatment requires a team of doctors with experience treating this disease. These doctors can assess which type of mesothelioma a patient has and choose the best treatment option for each patient. Cancer centers often have the most experienced teams of mesothelioma doctors.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a large metropolitan area. As such, it has multiple cancer centers in the area that treat mesothelioma. One major cancer center near Minneapolis is the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, located in nearby Rochester, MN. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center is internationally known for its medical treatments. This cancer center has a team of doctors that treats Minnesota mesothelioma patients.
A local option for residents of Minneapolis is the Masonic Cancer Center (MCC). This center is part of the University of Minnesota. MCC is a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. MCC has done research on asbestos exposure and has a team of doctors that treats mesothelioma.
Masonic Cancer Center – University of Minnesota
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota Mesothelioma Doctors
Minnesota has several experienced mesothelioma physicians providing the latest mesothelioma treatments. Some of these treatments include immunotherapy, surgical lung reduction and gene replacement therapy. These doctors specialize in treating epithelioid mesothelioma and pleural mesothelioma, among other types.
Robert Kratzke, M.D.
Aaron S. Mansfield, M.D.
Tobias Peikert, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Minneapolis mesothelioma victims, and their surviving loved ones, have filed lawsuits against asbestos companies. These companies were responsible for victims’ wrongful exposure to asbestos. In successful cases, juries have awarded compensation to these victims.
Compensation is often sought through a lawsuit, which may lead to a settlement or a verdict. Awards can be used to cover treatment costs, travel and other expenses related to a mesothelioma diagnosis. Filing a claim with an asbestos trust can also result in compensation. An experienced asbestos lawyer can help clients choose the right type of case to pursue.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minneapolis mesothelioma victims should seek legal counsel from an experienced asbestos law firm. Nationwide asbestos law firms have lawyers that can help victims file lawsuits or claims. Mesothelioma lawyers can also file on behalf of clients. Attorneys at mesothelioma law firms know state laws and how they impact filing requirements for clients.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Each state has filing deadlines for lawsuits, which are determined by the statutes of limitations. These statutes dictate that lawsuits must be filed a certain number of years after an asbestos-related death or diagnosis.
Attorneys at national asbestos law firms are familiar with Minnesota mesothelioma laws. These lawyers will make sure cases follow all state laws and requirements. With legal help, clients can pursue mesothelioma lawsuits or other compensation avenues.
Statutes of Limitations for Minneapolis
Claims must be filed within 4 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 3 years after an asbestos-related death.
An experienced mesothelioma lawyer can explain the filing process to patients and their loved ones. Options may involve filing a lawsuit, submitting an asbestos trust claim or both. Lawyers will also determine the best state in which to file a lawsuit. They will work to secure the compensation patients deserve.
Examples of clients served in the Minneapolis area include:
Occupations: Navy, Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: Alliant Techsystems, Inc. (1995 – 1999)
Occupations: Air Force, Laborer
Jobsites Worked at: Minstar, Inc. (1969 – 1971)
Occupations: Pipefitter, Insulator
Jobsites Worked at: Boiler Maker Union Local 647 (1974 – 1977); Egan Mechanical Contractors (1979 – 1984)
Occupations: Construction, Self-employed
Jobsites Worked at: Pep Services Inc. (1977 – 1978)
04. Asbestos Use in Minneapolis
Asbestos Use in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minneapolis is home to several manufacturing companies that once used asbestos. Asbestos is a mineral that was popular in many industries for its fire resistance. For instance, manufacturing plants used asbestos in different capacities until the early 1980s.
Conwed Corporation was located in Cloquet, Minnesota, a town near Minneapolis. Workers at the Conwed Corporation Cloquet plant were exposed to asbestos on the job from 1958 to 1974. Many have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
Asbestos Use at Conwed Corporation Near Minneapolis, Minnesota
In 1921, Conwed Corporation was established. In 1958, the company began using asbestos products in some manufacturing processes. In 1961, the company obtained a patent for an asbestos mineral board. This product was to be manufactured in the Cloquet, MN, plant.
Thousands of employees at this plant may have been exposed to asbestos. The years with the highest risk of exposure were 1958 to 1974. The departments where asbestos exposure was most likely to occur were:
- Balsam Wool Pulp Mill
- Lo Tone Tile
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Nuwood Board Mill
- Nuwood Finishing
- Nuwood Shipping
Conwed’s asbestos mitigation practices were reported to be inadequate and deficient. Most notably, there was a lack of air quality testing, poor ventilation and insufficient use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Conwed has since stopped production of asbestos products. However, it continues to pay asbestos-related awards.
Many former Conwed employees have developed mesothelioma after asbestos exposure at the plant. Mesothelioma victims who worked at asbestos jobsites may be eligible for financial compensation.
Minneapolis, Minnesota Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A. H. Bennett Company
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Ace Manufacturing, Inc.
- Ancker Hospital
- APi Group, Inc.
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Asbestos Insulation & Supply Company
- B.F. Nelson Manufacturing Company
- Baker Center
- Baker Management Group, LLC
- Berg & Farnham Company
- Black Dog Generating Station
- Burn-Zol, Inc.
- C. E. Wentworth and Company
- Cargill, Inc.
- Carroll Charles Company
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad (CMStP&P)
- Container Corporation of America, Inc.
- Coon Rapids Middle School
- Cretin High School
- Curtis Hotel
- Dayton Rogers of Minnesota, Inc.
- Dunwoody College of Technology
- Fairview Hospital
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- First National Bank of Minneapolis
- Fleischmann Malting Company
- Fort Snelling
- General Mills, Inc.
- Great Northern Railway
- Greyhound Lines, Inc.
- H. R. Nichols Company
- Hays Insulation Co.
- Heating Plant at St. Cloud State University
- Hennepin County Government Center
- Hennepin County Juvenile Detention Center
- Heritage Chemistry Building
- Hickory Insulation Co., Inc.
- Hinkle, Greenleaf, and Company
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- IDS Center
- Insulation Sales Company
- J.S. Porteous
- Johnston Manufacturing Company
- Journal Printing Company
- K.W. Insul., Inc.
- KUOM Radio
- L.L. Hansen residence
- Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Lindberg Engineering Co.
- Luger Furniture Company
- Lumber Exchange Building
- Macalester College
- Minneapolis Court House
- Minneapolis Electric Steel Castings Company
- Minneapolis Federal Building
- Minneapolis Gas Light Company
- Minneapolis General Electric Company
- Minneapolis Public Library
- Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Minneapolis Steel & Machinery Company
- Minneapolis Street Railway Company
- Minneapolis VA Hospital
- Minneapolis Water Department
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport
- Minnegasco, Inc
- Minnesota Linseed Oil Company
- Minnesota Mazda Lamp Works of General Electric Company
- Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing (3M)
- Minnesota Power & Light
- Minnesota Veteran’s Home Complex, Laundry Building
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Nabisco, Inc.
- New York Life Insurance Company
- North Atlantic Constructors
- Northeast Bank
- Northern Pacific Railway Company
- Northern Pump Company
- Northern States Power Company
- Northwest Airlines
- Northwest Engineering Laboratories
- Northwestern Bell Telephone Company Building
- Northwestern Consolidated Milling Company
- NYCO, Inc.
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company
- Pioneer Brewing Company
- Plymouth Building
- Processed Potatoes, Inc.
- Radisson Hotel
- Randolph M. N. & S.
- Republic Creosoting Company
- River Tower Apartments
- Riverside Generating Plant
- Sherburne County Generating Station
- Sheridan Hotel
- Smith-Sharpe Fire Brick Supply
- South Side Lumber Co.
- Southdale Shopping Center
- St. Barnabas Hospital
- St. John’s Lutheran Church
- St. Mary’s Hospital
- St. Paul Bible College
- Standard Brands, Inc.
- Strutwear Knitting Company
- Syndicate Block
- Tevin City Rapid Transit Company
- Transit Supply Company
- Twin Cities Arsenal
- Twin Cities Cold Storage Company
- Twin City Rapid Transit Company
- U.S. Bank Plaza
- Union Carbide Corporation
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- University of St. Thomas
- W. I. Gray and Company
- WEG Electric Machinery Company, LLC
- Whirl-Air-Flow Corporation
- White Farm Equipment
- Wilder Residences
- William Brothers Boiler & Manufacturing Company
- William H. Eustis Flour Exchange Building
- Willmar Power Plant
- Wold-Chamberlain Field