01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, Indiana Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma patients in Fort Wayne can seek treatment locally and in nearby metro areas, such as Chicago, Illinois. Mesothelioma patients may choose to travel in order to receive specialized care or participate in clinical trials. Choosing a cancer center that specializes in mesothelioma may help to improve treatment outcomes.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Fort Wayne, Indiana
Fort Wayne is within driving distance of the Chicago area. Chicago has several major cancer centers that specialize in mesothelioma treatment, such as the Rush University Cancer Center. It is a U.S. News & World Report top-ranked cancer center. Rush has a team of mesothelioma specialists that use hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), oxygen therapy and other therapies to treat this rare cancer. The cancer center also participates in clinical trials to test the effectiveness of experimental mesothelioma treatments.
The Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), Chicago is also accessible to Fort Wayne residents. It is located in Zion, Illinois, north of Chicago. CTCA, Chicago uses immunotherapy, HIPEC, surgery and other methods to treat mesothelioma.
Columbus Regional Hospital Cancer Center
Purdue University Center for Cancer Research
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, Indiana Mesothelioma Doctors
Fort Wayne asbestos victims should seek doctors who specialize in mesothelioma treatment. These doctors are qualified to use the latest interventions to treat mesothelioma. Their expertise allows them to develop individualized treatment plans to target their patients’ specific diagnosis. Mesothelioma doctors strive to improve prognosis and quality of life.
Michael T. Slaughter, M.D.
Anita F. Conte, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, Indiana Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma patients, or their surviving loved ones, may be entitled to compensation. Significant financial costs often accompany a mesothelioma diagnosis, including treatment costs, travel expenses and lost wages. Compensation may be attained in several ways, including mesothelioma lawsuits and asbestos bankruptcy trust fund claims. An experienced mesothelioma lawyer can assist clients in filing the right type of mesothelioma claim.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Fort Wayne residents and their families can seek help from a law firm that specializes in mesothelioma. Nationwide mesothelioma law firms are experienced in asbestos litigation and can advise clients about the best legal course of action to take.
Experienced mesothelioma law firms understand the laws of asbestos litigation and how they apply in each state. It is important to work with lawyers experienced in Indiana asbestos litigation to ensure all applicable state laws are followed. Below are firms that can represent Fort Wayne asbestos victims.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Experienced legal counsel can provide guidance on Indiana laws that may impact claim options. For instance, a dedicated law firm can explain the state’s statutes of limitations for filing asbestos-related lawsuits.
Statutes of Limitations for Fort Wayne
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Lawyers can help patients and families with each step of the legal process. They can determine which asbestos companies may be liable based on where and how the asbestos exposure may have occurred. They will also investigate cases, gather evidence and handle the filing process.
Examples of clients served in Fort Wayne include:
Occupations: Army, Air Force
Jobsites Worked at: Air Flow Sheet Metal Inc. (1960 – 1961); Coca Cola Bottling Company (1961 – 1962); Eckrich Meat Packing Plant (1963 – 1964); General Electric (GE), Fort Wayne Works (1970 – 1974); Park Master RV Center (1977 – 1978)
Occupation: Truck driver
Jobsites Worked at: Hughes Defense Communications Company (1994 – 1996)
Jobsites Worked at: Lincoln Financial and Insurance Services Corp. (1990 – 1995)
Occupations: Navy, Lather
Jobsites Worked at: General Electric (GE) (1951 – 1990)
04. Asbestos Use in Fort Wayne
Asbestos Use in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Fort Wayne’s economy was largely based on manufacturing during its early history. Asbestos materials were widely used in the manufacturing sector until the 1980s.
One of the biggest manufacturers in Fort Wayne was the General Electric Company (GE). Beginning in 1911, GE maintained a large presence in the city, at one time having more than 10,000 employees in Fort Wayne. Materials used in GE manufacturing facilities often contained asbestos, putting workers at risk for asbestos exposure.
Asbestos at General Electric in Fort Wayne, Indiana
GE operated manufacturing facilities in Fort Wayne, Indiana. During the period the facility operated, asbestos-containing materials were present in the buildings in addition to the manufactured products and materials.
The company ceased Fort Wayne operations in 2015 and shut down its buildings. Upon closure, asbestos materials remained in the buildings. This asbestos had to be abated to develop a multipurpose space known as Electric Works. GE employees and contractors who built the original facilities or who were involved in repair or demolition work may have been exposed to asbestos and could be at risk for mesothelioma.
Fort Wayne, Indiana Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Acme Well Repair & Drilling LLC
- Adams Elementary School
- Aia Flo-Sheet Metal, Inc.
- Allen County Infirmary
- Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
- Allen Dairy Products, Inc.
- Associated Masonic Trustees
- Atz Ice Cream Shoppe
- Baldus Company
- Bentz Metal Products Company, Inc.
- BFGoodrich Tire Manufacturing
- Bowser & Co. Plant
- Brooks Construction Company, Inc.
- Brunner Water Pollution Control Plant
- C. H. Kraus Sheet Metal Corp.
- C. Miller and Sons, Inc.
- Century Rubber Company
- City of Fort Wayne Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Clarence Figel Construction Company
- Close Insulation Company
- Commercial Insulation & Acoustic
- Continental Can Company (CCC)
- County Line Cheese Company
- Coverall Rental Service, Inc.
- Dana Incorporated
- Defense Plant Corporation
- E. Ross Adair Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse
- Empire Refractory Sales, Inc.
- Eskay Dairy Company
- Essex Group Wire & Cable
- Falstaff Brewing Corporation
- Fort Wayne and Northern Indiana Traction Company
- Fort Wayne and Wabash Valley Traction Company
- Fort Wayne City County Building
- Fort Wayne Electric Works
- Fort Wayne Foundry Corporation
- Fort Wayne Rolling Mill Company
- Fort Wayne Scottish Rite
- Fort Wayne Tailoring Corp.
- Fruehauf Trailer Company
- General Electric Company (GE)
- General Electric Lamp Works
- General Motors (GM) Fort Wayne Assembly Plant
- Gotham Silk Hosiery Co., Inc.
- Grand Leader Department Store
- H.J. Andrews Company
- Heat Power Engineering, Inc. (HPE)
- Herman Berghoff Brewing Company
- Humane Fort Wayne
- Indiana Institute of Technology (Indiana Tech)
- Indiana Michigan Power Company
- Indiana School for Feeble-Minded Youth
- Indiana Service Corporation
- Indiana University Fort Wayne
- Industrial Piping & Engineering, LLC
- Industrial Piping & Engineering, LLC
- International Harvester Company
- JB Tool, Die & Engineering Inc.
- John P. Lewis Construction
- Joslyn Manufacturing and Supply Company
- Joslyn Stainless Steel Company
- Keenan Hotel
- Kerr Murray Manufacturing Company
- Kingsford Packing Company
- Kroger Grocery & Baking Company
- Lakeside Middle School
- Lincoln National Life Insurance Company
- Lindenwood Cemetery
- Lucky Steer Restaurant
- Lutheran Hospital
- M. H. Hilt, Inc.
- Magnavox Government & Industrial Electronics Company
- Masonic Temple
- Meadow Gold® Dairy
- Metallurgical Processing Company
- Midwest United Company, Inc. Building
- National Heat Treating Company
- Northcrest Shopping Center
- Northern Indiana Gas and Electric Company
- Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO)
- Northwood Middle School
- Old Crown Brewing Corporation
- P. L. Brunner Water Pollution Control Plant
- Parkview Home Health & Hospice
- Parkview Regional Medical Center
- Pennsylvania Railroad System
- Phelps Dodge Copper Products Corp.
- Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne and Chicago Railway
- Plibrico 10-R Incinerator
- Power Plant Service Inc.
- Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Pyromation, Inc.
- Rea Magnet Wire Company
- Reliable Cleaning Service
- Rogers Markets
- Rose & Schmeling Co.
- Rub-No-More Soap Company
- Ruoff Mortgage Co.
- Saint John the Baptist Catholic School
- Saint Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Salvation Army Corps Community Center
- Sand Point Greenhouse and Florist
- Shambaugh & Son, L.P.
- Shambaugh Elementary School
- Slick’s Family Washing
- South Calhoun Elementary School
- South Wayne Elementary School
- Southern Heights Elementary School
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Stratoflex, Inc.
- Studebaker Corporation
- Superior Fuel Company
- The Hagerman Group
- The Pennsylvania Company
- The Southgate Plaza Shopping Center
- Tokheim Corporation
- Tri-State Heating & Cooling
- Troy Towel Supply Company
- United Plumbing & Heating Company
- United States Rubber Company (Uniroyal)
- University of Saint Francis
- Van Orman Hotel
- W.C. Grant Company
- WA Sheets & Sons Inc.
- Warsaw Courthouse
- Wayne Asphalt & Construction Co., Inc.
- Wayne Cooperative Milk Producers, Inc.
- Wayne Knitting Mills
- Western Gas Construction Company
- White Swan Super Market
- WKJG-TV Station
- Wolf and Dessauer