01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Denver
Denver, Colorado Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma patients seeking treatment in Denver, Colorado, have options to choose from. For example, the UCHealth at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado, is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. At this center, mesothelioma specialists treat patients within the Lung Cancer Clinic. Patients can also choose to receive care at other local cancer centers.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Denver, Colorado
Patients in Denver may seek treatment from local mesothelioma cancer centers. The most notable is the UCHealth Lung Cancer Clinic at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado. Doctors at this cancer center specialize in different types of mesothelioma including peritoneal mesothelioma.
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Denver
Denver, Colorado Mesothelioma Doctors
Mesothelioma patients should receive care from doctors that specialize in mesothelioma. In Denver and the surrounding area, patients can access mesothelioma specialists at cancer centers, such as the UCHealth Lung Cancer Clinic. Doctors at this facility specialize in HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy), cytoreductive surgery and radiation therapy. Personalized treatment plans are developed specifically to treat each patient’s diagnosis.
Mesothelioma doctors at the UCHealth Lung Cancer Clinic are also involved in mesothelioma research. Clinical trials of new and emerging mesothelioma treatments are ongoing and may be available for eligible patients. The treating doctor will determine if patients would benefit from a clinical trial or more conventional treatment options.
Steven Ahrendt, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Denver
Denver, Colorado Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Residents of Denver who have developed an asbestos-related illness may be entitled to compensation from the companies responsible for their asbestos exposure. Victims may be eligible for compensation from asbestos trusts or lawsuits filed against the responsible companies. A law firm with experience in mesothelioma litigation can assist with filing lawsuits and claims on the victim’s behalf.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Denver, Colorado
Asbestos victims in Denver can seek help from a nationwide law firm with experience in handling asbestos-related cases. Mesothelioma lawyers at these law firms understand how state laws impact the filing process. They can ensure that victims and their families get the compensation they deserve.
Experienced mesothelioma law firms, such as those listed below, can assist individuals with taking a legal course of action. They can help file a lawsuit, submit asbestos bankruptcy claims and assist with VA claim filing. Attorneys familiar with Colorado asbestos litigation can help victims and their families receive the financial compensation they deserve.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Denver, Colorado
Lawsuits filed in Denver must follow Colorado laws, including statutes of limitations. A statute of limitations sets the time frame within which a lawsuit must be filed.
Statutes of Limitations for Denver
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Working with a law firm that is familiar with the local area can be beneficial for plaintiffs. For example, law firms with knowledge about asbestos use in Denver may have information about known exposure sites in the city. These lawyers can assess the merits of a case and determine which companies are at fault. They can pursue steps for litigation and compensation and negotiate settlements for their client.
Examples of clients served in the greater Denver area include:
Occupation: Hospital worker
Jobsites Worked at: Picker Medical Systems (1973 – 1975)
Occupations: Insulator, Boilermaker
Jobsites Worked at: Johns-Manville Corporation (1979)
Occupation: Refinery worker
Jobsites Worked at: State of Colorado (1990)
Occupations: Oil refinery worker, Laborer
Jobsites Worked at: CenturyLink Communications LLC (1995 – 1999)
04. Asbestos Use in Denver
Asbestos Use in Denver, Colorado
Denver is home to many industries that have a history of using asbestos. Residents had many places to be exposed to asbestos in and around Denver. Asbestos jobsites in Denver include military bases, oil refineries and other facilities.
Asbestos materials were also used in the construction of residential and commercial buildings throughout Denver. Construction workers at these jobsites may have also been exposed to asbestos and could be at risk for mesothelioma.
One of the most prominent asbestos jobsites in Denver was Johns-Manville.
Asbestos Exposure at Johns-Manville in Denver, Colorado
Johns-Manville was once a leading manufacturer and distributor of both raw asbestos and asbestos products. The company has been headquartered in Denver since 1972. Johns-Manville manufactured a wide range of asbestos products including asbestos concrete, insulation and pipes. Employees of Johns-Manville that were directly involved with the manufacture of raw asbestos and asbestos products were often exposed to asbestos dust on the job.
Although the company knew of the dangers of asbestos exposure, the company continued to make these products until the late 1970s. The company officially filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in 1982. An asbestos trust fund was established to compensate victims for their asbestos-related illnesses. Mesothelioma victims continue to file claims with the trust today.
As with many cases of asbestos-related illness, the health effects of the exposure may not be known for decades. Johns-Manville workers and others in Denver who were exposed to asbestos are at risk for developing mesothelioma. If an individual is diagnosed with mesothelioma, they should consult a law firm with experience in mesothelioma lawsuits and asbestos trust funds.
Denver, Colorado Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- Abex Corporation, Amsco Division
- Advance Neon Sign Company
- Air Force Accounting and Finance Center (AFAFC)
- Albany Hotel Fire-Proof Annex Roman Promenade
- America Theatre
- American Beet Sugar Company
- American Crystal Sugar Company
- American Smelting and Refining Company (Asarco)
- Arapahoe Station
- Arizona Marble Company
- Armour & Company
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- B.H. Lichter & Co.
- Bay Petroleum, Inc.
- Berkeley Community Church
- Board of Water Commissioners
- Boise Cascade
- Brooks Tower Residences
- Brown International Academy
- Brown Palace Hotel
- Bureau of Reclamation (BR)
- Celebrity Sports Center (CSC or Celebrity’s)
- Cherokee Generating Station
- Chevron Corporation
- Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad (CB&Q)
- Children’s Hospital Association
- Coffin Packing Company
- Colorado and Southern Railway (C&S)
- Colorado Coal and Iron Company (CCIC)
- Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT)
- Colorado Fuel and Iron Company (CF&I)
- Colorado General Hospital
- Colorado Ice and Cold Storage Company
- Colorado Packing and Provision Company
- Colorado State Home for Dependent and Neglected Children
- Colorado State Industrial School
- Columbine Dry Cleaners
- Comanche Generating Station
- Commerce City Refinery (CCR)
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors (CED)
- Conspeco, Inc.
- Construction Specialties Group
- Continental Oil Company (Conoco)
- Cooper Building
- Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Courthouse Square Apartments
- Cox Construction
- Curtis Steel Company
- D.S. Grimes & Son
- DALCO Heating and Air Conditioning
- Denver Auditorium Arena
- Denver City & County Courthouse
- Denver City Cable Railway Company
- Denver Dry Goods Company
- Denver Federal Center (DFC)
- Denver Gas & Electric Building
- Denver International Airport (DIA)
- Denver Metal Supply
- Denver Ordnance Plant
- Denver Public Bath and Gymnasium
- Denver Sewer Pipe and Clay Company
- Denver Tramway Company (DTC)
- Denver Tramway Company Powerhouse
- Denver Union Stock Yards Company
- Dome Investment Group, LLC
- Douglas Jardine Sheetmetal
- Downtown Denver Central YMCA
- Dravo Corporation
- Economy Mechanical Industries, Inc.
- Ernest and Cranmer Building
- Federal Correctional Institution, Englewood
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Denver Branch
- Feeney Industrial Insulation Co.
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center (FAMC)
- Frontier Airlines
- Gary-Williams Energy Corporation
- Gates Corporation
- General Electric Company (GE)
- General Iron Works
- Grant Watson Software
- Great Western Machine Tools
- Great Western Sugar Company
- Hallack-Sayre-Newton Lumber Company
- Hendrie & Bolthoff Manufacturing & Supply Company
- Hilton Hotel
- Hoffman Heights
- Holy Ghost Catholic Church
- International Rubber Company
- JD Insulation
- Jewish Consumptives’ Relief Society (JCRS)
- Johns-Manville Corporation
- K. & B. Packing and Provision Company
- Karl Schmidt Manufacturing
- Kodak Alaris Inc.
- LaCombe Power Plant
- Lauren Burt, Inc.
- Lindrooth, Schubart & Co.
- Littleton Creamery
- Loretto Heights College
- Louis S Fox Sheet Metal Co.
- Lowry Air Force Base
- MacArthur Company
- Mackay Companies, Inc.
- Marriott Hotel
- Martin Marietta Materials
- Masonic Temple
- May-Daniels & Fisher (May-D&F)
- McPhee & McGinnity Lumber Company
- Mead & Mount Construction
- Metro Wastewater Reclamation
- Midland Savings and Loan Company Building
- Midwest Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
- Mile High Tower
- Mine and Smelter Supply Company
- Missile Site Park
- Mobil Corporation
- Morey Mercantile Company
- Morse Brothers Machinery Company
- Mountain States Engineering and Controls, Inc.
- Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph Company
- Mountain States Telephone Building
- MSI Industries
- National Biscuit Company (Nabisco)
- Nielsen Plastering Company
- Northwest Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation
- Penn Specialty Chemicals
- Philip Zang Brewing Co.
- Philips Elementary School
- Plateau Equipment Supply Company
- Porter Adventist Hospital
- Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Public Service Company of Colorado (PSCo)
- RedSeal, Inc.
- Reid Rutherford Plumbing & Heating
- Republic Plaza
- Residences at Franklin Park
- Robinson Brick & Tile Company
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge
- Rocky Mountain Brewery
- Rocky Mountain Supply
- Roderick Ware LLC
- Rogers Heating & Cooling, Inc.
- Russell Stover Chocolates Plant
- Saint Joseph Hospital
- Sam Fox Sheet Metal Co.
- Shell Chemical
- Smith Elementary School
- Smuggler-Union Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Southern Sierras Power Company
- St. Thomas Seminary
- SteamPlant Event Center
- Stearns-Roger Manufacturing Company
- Swift Beef Company
- The Colorado Building
- The Denver Brick and Pipe Company
- Thermetic Products Inc. (TPI)
- Tony Capra Plumbing & Heating Co.
- Total Petroleum of North America
- Tower Colorado
- U.S. National Bank Building
- Union Pacific Railroad Company
- United Sheet Metal Co.
- United States Air Force
- United States Bureau of Reclamation (USBR)
- United States National Bank Building
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- US West Communications
- Utility Control & Equipment Corporation (UCEC)
- VA Eastern Colorado Healthcare System (ECHCS)
- Vail Associates, Inc.
- Van Genderen Service Company
- Webb and Knapp
- Western Chemical
- Western Iron Mills
- Westinghouse Electric & Manufacturing Company
- Wheeler Metals
- William E. Russell Coal Company
- Worthington Pump & Machinery Corporation
- Xcel Energy
- YMCA of Metro Denver
- Zuni Generating Station