01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri Mesothelioma Treatment
Workers and residents may have been exposed to asbestos in Missouri, leading to an asbestos disease diagnosis. Mesothelioma patients in Kansas City have access to a variety of treatment options. Treatment at nearby mesothelioma care centers may help patients extend survival.
Mesothelioma treatment may vary depending on the patient’s disease location and stage. Doctors may work with patients to create personalized treatment plans for their diagnoses.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Kansas City, Missouri
The University of Kansas Cancer Center has locations right in Kansas City and also in nearby Westwood. This center employs specialists in many fields. These specialists provide mesothelioma patients with holistic and quality care. The center offers many mesothelioma treatments, including heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), CAR T-cell treatment and radiation therapy.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center – Missouri
The University of Kansas Cancer Center – Westwood
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri Mesothelioma Doctors
Malignant mesothelioma patients in the Kansas City area can access nearby doctors who specialize in this cancer. Experienced mesothelioma doctors work with patients to create personalized treatment plans. A plan may consist of several treatment methods aimed at improving a patient’s mesothelioma prognosis and maintaining quality of life. These doctors may also be able to assist patients with enrolling in mesothelioma clinical trials.
Prakash Neupane, M.D.
Chao Huang, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma patients and their loved ones may be entitled to compensation for their injuries. Several types of mesothelioma compensation are available to victims and their families, including mesothelioma settlements, asbestos trust fund claims and lawsuit verdicts.
An experienced mesothelioma lawyer can determine which compensation options a Missouri asbestos victim may be eligible for and guide them through the filing process. Compensation awards can be used for lost wages, medical expenses and financial security for loved ones.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Kansas City, Missouri
After a mesothelioma diagnosis, it is important for victims to speak with qualified attorneys. Asbestos lawyers have experience handling mesothelioma cases. Mesothelioma law firms are familiar with viable defendants and asbestos jobsites in Missouri.
Past cases have shown specific Missouri companies exposed their workers to asbestos. Victims may be able to file lawsuits against these companies. Some asbestos companies have set up asbestos bankruptcy trust funds to compensate victims. A mesothelioma law firm can explain each individual’s eligibility and guide them through the legal process.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Kansas City, Missouri
Experienced legal counsel can provide guidance on Missouri laws that may impact legal options. For instance, a dedicated law firm can explain the state’s statutes of limitations for filing asbestos-related lawsuits in Missouri.
Statutes of Limitations for Kansas City
Claims must be filed within 5 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 3 years after an asbestos-related death.
Lawyers can also help patients and families determine which companies may be liable based on where and how the exposure occurred. This includes investigating cases, gathering evidence and handling the filing process. They will help victims secure compensation that can help cover treatment costs, lost income and more.
Examples of clients served in Kansas City include:
Jobsites Worked at: Sheffield Steel Corporation (1947 – 1952)
Occupations: Office worker, Teacher
Jobsites Worked at: Robinson Shoe Company (1973 – 1974); Touche, Ross & Company (1974)
Jobsites Worked at: JDM Insulation Co. (1970 – 1971)
Occupations: Oil refinery worker, Laborer
Jobsites Worked at: Butler Manufacturing Company (1974 – 1983); CertainTeed Corporation (1973)
04. Asbestos Use in Kansas City
Asbestos Use in Kansas City, Missouri
Asbestos materials were used throughout Kansas City until the 1980s, including in the steel industry where use of asbestos was prominent. Builders also used it in various commercial and residential structures.
Asbestos is a durable, affordable and heat-resistant mineral once added to many materials. While the U.S. government has regulated asbestos use, it is not fully banned. Also, old asbestos products can become worn or damaged, causing exposure years after it was installed. Exposure may occur when asbestos removal projects are not performed properly.
Contractor Penalized for Asbestos Violations in Kansas City, Missouri
In 2021, the U.S. Department of Labor found a Leawood, Missouri, contractor had exposed its workers to workplace hazards. The Department of Labor recommended more than $200,000 in penalties for the company in addition to previous unpaid penalties.
The exposures likely happened when work was done on several buildings in Kansas City. Workers were exposed to asbestos and other hazardous materials. It is not uncommon for contractors to violate safety rules to save money and complete projects within certain timelines.
Victims or their loved ones exposed to asbestos who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma may want to speak with specialists. A mesothelioma specialist can help determine the best treatment options. Victims may also be eligible to receive financial compensation for their injury.
Kansas City, Missouri Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.P. Green Industries
- Acme Brick Company
- Alameda Plaza Hotel
- Alcazar Hotel
- Alex Spur
- American Asphalt Roof Corporation
- American Machine & Manufacturing Company
- American Tobacco Company
- Amoco Oil Company
- Anderson-P.L. Stolz Corporation
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
- Armco Steel Corporation
- Armour Packing Company
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Atlanta Express Corporation
- Atlas Incinerators, Inc.
- Aug. J. Bulte Milling Company
- Battenfeld Grease & Oil Corporation, Inc.
- Beazer East, Inc.
- Bendix Aviation Corporation
- Bendix Manufacturing Company
- Benson Manufacturing Company
- Bernard Corrigan House
- Black, Sivalls & Bryson, Inc.
- Bousman Plumbing & Heating
- Bryant Building
- Burn-Zol, Inc.
- Carl Gill
- Carter-Waters Corporation
- Central Cooling Supply Company
- Central States Container Corporation
- Central Station
- Central Supply Company
- Chemagro Corporation
- Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Christenson-Conway-Higgins, Inc.
- City Hall
- Cody Boiler Repair, Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive-Peet Company
- Consolidated Kansas City Smelting Refining Company
- Construction Plastics, Inc.
- Contractors Machinery Company
- Corn Products Refining Company
- D.E. Maskill Company, Inc.
- D.G. Skouse Company, Inc.
- Dr. John Bryant
- Dunlap Laundry Company
- E. D. Hornbrook
- Edison Electric Light and Power Company
- Emery, Bird, Thayer Dry Goods Company
- Empire District Electric Company
- Enjay Chemical Corporation
- Federal Office Building
- First National Bank Building
- Ford Motor Company
- Ford Motor Company, Claycomo Plant
- Fowler Packing Company
- Fred Heim Brewing Company
- Gates Heating Service
- General Baking Company
- General Diecasting Company, Inc.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- General Motors (GM)
- General Motors (GM) Leeds Assembly Plant
- General Motors (GM), Chevrolet Division
- George Fowler, Sons & Company
- George P. Reintjes Company, Inc.
- Gladstone Furnace Company
- Grace Hospital
- Grand Avenue Hotel Company
- Grand Avenue Railway Company
- Gray-Bryan-Sweeney, Inc.
- Griffin Wheel Company
- Gunite Refractories Corporation
- Gustin-Bacon Manufacturing Company
- Guys Foods, Inc.
- H.J. Walter Corporation
- Hall Building
- Hallmark Cards, Inc.
- Hawthorne Powerhouse
- Hawthorne Steam-Electric Station
- Henges Company, Inc.
- Home Rug & Cleaning Company
- Hopcraft Art & Stained Glass Works
- House of Good Shepherd of Kansas City
- Independence Boulevard Christian Church
- Intercontinental Engineering-Manufacturing Corporation
- International Harvester Company
- Interstate Brands Corporation
- Interstate Consolidated Rapid Transit Railway Company
- Irving Pitt Building
- J.F. Pritchard & Company
- Jewish Convalescent Home
- Journal Company, Inc.
- Kam Station
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Kansas City Board of Public Utilities
- Kansas City Board of Public Works
- Kansas City Chemical Company
- Kansas City Gas Light and Coke Company
- Kansas City Grape Sugar Company
- Kansas City Heating Company
- Kansas City Insulation Company
- Kansas City International Airport
- Kansas City Library & School Board Building
- Kansas City Municipal Airport
- Kansas City Natural Slate Company
- Kansas City Power & Light Company
- Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Stockyards Company
- Kansas City Terminal Railway Company
- Kansas City Works
- Kaw Valley Power Plant
- Kelley Asbestos Products Company
- Ken Bakken Brothers
- Kitty Clover Potato Chip Company of Missouri
- Koppers Company, Inc., Wood Preserving Division
- Kroger Store, 87th and Ward Parkway
- Kuhlman Diecasting Company
- Leeds Construction Company
- Leeds Station
- Lewis and Kitchen
- Lientz Manufacturing, Inc.
- Life Line Homes
- Liquid Carbonic Corporation
- Long Hall Laundry Company
- Loose-Wiles Cracker and Candy Company
- Luthy Brothers, Inc.
- Maskill Die Company
- Medical Plaza, Inc.
- Merriam Engineering Company
- Metallurgical, Inc.
- Metropolitan Street Railway Company
- Midwest Steel Division
- Milgram Food Stores, Inc.
- Missouri Public Service Company
- Missouri River Power House
- Mitchell Building Material, Inc.
- Mobay Chemical Company
- Montgomery Ward & Company, Inc.
- Muehlebach Hotel, Cocktail Room
- Nabisco, Inc.
- National Lumber Creosoting Company
- National Steel Corporation
- Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America
- Nelson Morris & Company
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Northeast Street Railway Company
- Owens‐Corning Supply Corporation
- Pan-American Feed Company
- Pasco High School
- Peoples Cable Railway Company
- Phillips 66 Refinery
- Phillips Petroleum Company
- Phillips Refinery
- Pickering Lumber Company
- Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
- Pure Carbonic Company
- R.A. Long Real Estate and Investment Company
- R.L. Faubion Company
- Raphael Hotel
- Research Medical Center
- Richards-Gebaur Air Force Base
- Rupard Asphalt Company
- Scarritt Building
- Schwarzschild and Sulzberger Company
- Scogin Turbulator Company
- Scullen Steel Company
- Sears, Roebuck and Company
- Sheffield Steel Corporation
- Shostak Iron and Metal Company, Inc.
- Southern Oil Company
- Southwestern Bell Telephone Company
- Southwestern Milling Company
- Speas Company
- Spencer Chemical Company
- Sperry Association Electric Company
- St. Joseph Hospital
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- Standard Asbestos Manufacturing & Insulating Company
- Standard Laundry Company
- Standard Linen Supply Company
- Standard Oil
- Standard Rendering Company
- Sugar Creek Powerhouse
- Sulzberger & Sons Company of America
- Superior Laundry Company
- Superior Metal Treating Company, Inc.
- Swift and Company
- Tarkio Molasses Feed Company
- Thompson-Hayward Chemical Company
- Trumbull Asphalt Company
- Truog Nichols, Inc.
- U.S. By-Products Corporation
- U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), Kansas City Office
- Union Carbide Corporation
- United Aluminum-Steel Corporation
- Veterans Affairs Hospital
- Vocational and Technical School
- W.S. Dickey Clay Manufacturing Company
- Ward Parkway Shops, Unit E‐8
- Western Ice and Cold Storage Company
- Westport and Waldo Railway
- William B. Knight
- Woodley Boiler & Welding Company
- Zenith Milling Company