During the late 1800s, the railroads helped drive one of Kansas City’s biggest early-day industries: cattle, making the city one of the world’s major cattle markets. Since World War II, Kansas City has grown and prospered in innumerable ways. Annexations, mainly in the late 1950s and early 1960s, increased its area to more than 316 square miles, and its population has grown to nearly 460,000. Other significant developments have included completion of the 4,700-acre Kansas City International Airport and the world’s only matched set of football and baseball stadiums in 1972, Kemper Arena in 1974, and H. Roe Bartle Exposition Hall in 1976. Kansas City also is known for its foreign trade zone, its underground storage industry and its automobile assembly plants. Ford Motor Company operates a large manufacturing facility just outside of Kansas City in Claycomo at the Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant. Additionally, Kansas City is one of ten regional office cities for the United States Government. The U.S. Government is the largest employer in the Kansas City metro area.
Use of asbestos-containing products was prevalent for years at numerous jobsites in Kansas City, Missouri. Accordingly, asbestos exposure has been an issue for workers and others. If you were exposed to asbestos in Kansas City and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should also consider contacting an asbestos law firm.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Sites in Kansas City, Missouri
Asbestos exposure in Missouri may have led workers and residents to develop an asbestos disease. If you worked at any of these asbestos companies and/or job sites in Kansas City, Missouri, you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma cancer.
Kansas City, Missouri Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.P. Green Industries
- AC and S, Inc.
- Acme Brick Company
- Alameda Plaza Hotel
- Alcazar Hotel
- Alex Spur
- American Asphalt Roof Corporation
- American Machine & Manufacturing Company
- American Tobacco Company
- Amoco Oil Company
- Anderson-P.L. Stolz Corporation
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
- Armco Steel Corporation
- Armour Packing Company
- Armstrong Contracting and Supply Corporation
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Atlanta Express Corporation
- Atlas Incinerators, Inc.
- Aug. J. Bulte Milling Company
- Battenfeld Grease & Oil Corporation, Inc.
- Beazer East, Inc.
- Bendix Aviation Corporation
- Bendix Manufacturing Company
- Benson Manufacturing Company
- Bernard Corrigan House
- Black, Sivalls & Bryson, Inc.
- Bousman Plumbing & Heating
- Bryant Building
- Burn-Zol, Inc.
- Carl Gill
- Carter-Waters Corporation
- Central Cooling Supply Company
- Central States Container Corporation
- Central Station
- Central Supply Company
- Chemagro Corporation
- Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Christenson-Conway-Higgins, Inc.
- City Hall
- Cody Boiler Repair, Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive-Peet Company
- Consolidated Kansas City Smelting Refining Company
- Construction Plastics, Inc.
- Contractors Machinery Company
- Corn Products Refining Company
- D.E. Maskill Company, Inc.
- D.G. Skouse Company, Inc.
- Dr. John Bryant
- Dunlap Laundry Company
- E. D. Hornbrook
- Edison Electric Light and Power Company
- Emery, Bird, Thayer Dry Goods Company
- Empire District Electric Company
- Enjay Chemical Corporation
- Federal Office Building
- First National Bank Building
- Ford Motor Company
- Ford Motor Company, Claycomo Plant
- Fowler Packing Company
- Fred Heim Brewing Company
- Gates Heating Service
- General Baking Company
- General Diecasting Company, Inc.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- General Motors (GM)
- General Motors (GM) Leeds Assembly Plant
- General Motors (GM), Chevrolet Division
- George Fowler, Sons & Company
- George P. Reintjes Company, Inc.
- Gladstone Furnace Company
- Grace Hospital
- Grand Avenue Hotel Company
- Grand Avenue Railway Company
- Gray-Bryan-Sweeney, Inc.
- Griffin Wheel Company
- Gunite Refractories Corporation
- Gustin-Bacon Manufacturing Company
- Guys Foods, Inc.
- H.J. Walter Corporation
- Hall Building
- Hallmark Cards, Inc.
- Hawthorne Powerhouse
- Hawthorne Steam-Electric Station
- Henges Company, Inc.
- Home Rug & Cleaning Company
- Hopcraft Art & Stained Glass Works
- House of Good Shepherd of Kansas City
- Independence Boulevard Christian Church
- Intercontinental Engineering-Manufacturing Corporation
- International Harvester Company
- Interstate Brands Corporation
- Interstate Consolidated Rapid Transit Railway Company
- Irving Pitt Building
- J.F. Pritchard & Company
- Jewish Convalescent Home
- Journal Company, Inc.
- Kam Station
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Kansas City Board of Public Utilities
- Kansas City Board of Public Works
- Kansas City Chemical Company
- Kansas City Gas Light and Coke Company
- Kansas City Grape Sugar Company
- Kansas City Heating Company
- Kansas City Insulation Company
- Kansas City International Airport
- Kansas City Library & School Board Building
- Kansas City Municipal Airport
- Kansas City Natural Slate Company
- Kansas City Power & Light Company
- Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Stockyards Company
- Kansas City Terminal Railway Company
- Kansas City Works
- Kaw Valley Power Plant
- Kelley Asbestos Products Company
- Ken Bakken Brothers
- Kitty Clover Potato Chip Company of Missouri
- Koppers Company, Inc., Wood Preserving Division
- Kroger Store, 87th and Ward Parkway
- Kuhlman Diecasting Company
- Leeds Construction Company
- Leeds Station
- Lewis and Kitchen
- Lientz Manufacturing, Inc.
- Life Line Homes
- Liquid Carbonic Corporation
- Long Hall Laundry Company
- Loose-Wiles Cracker and Candy Company
- Luthy Brothers, Inc.
- Maskill Die Company
- Medical Plaza, Inc.
- Merriam Engineering Company
- Metallurgical, Inc.
- Metropolitan Street Railway Company
- Midwest Steel Division
- Milgram Food Stores, Inc.
- Missouri Public Service Company
- Missouri River Power House
- Mitchell Building Material, Inc.
- Mobay Chemical Company
- Montgomery Ward & Company, Inc.
- Muehlebach Hotel, Cocktail Room
- Nabisco, Inc.
- National Lumber Creosoting Company
- National Steel Corporation
- Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America
- Nelson Morris & Company
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Northeast Street Railway Company
- Owens‐Corning Supply Corporation
- Pan-American Feed Company
- Pasco High School
- Peoples Cable Railway Company
- Phillips 66 Refinery
- Phillips Petroleum Company
- Phillips Refinery
- Pickering Lumber Company
- Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
- Pure Carbonic Company
- R.A. Long Real Estate and Investment Company
- R.L. Faubion Company
- Raphael Hotel
- Research Medical Center
- Richards-Gebaur Air Force Base
- Rupard Asphalt Company
- Scarritt Building
- Schwarzschild and Sulzberger Company
- Scogin Turbulator Company
- Scullen Steel Company
- Sears, Roebuck and Company
- Sheffield Steel Corporation
- Shostak Iron and Metal Company, Inc.
- Southern Oil Company
- Southwestern Bell Telephone Company
- Southwestern Milling Company
- Speas Company
- Spencer Chemical Company
- Sperry Association Electric Company
- St. Joseph Hospital
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- Standard Asbestos Manufacturing & Insulating Company
- Standard Laundry Company
- Standard Linen Supply Company
- Standard Oil
- Standard Rendering Company
- Sugar Creek Powerhouse
- Sulzberger & Sons Company of America
- Superior Laundry Company
- Superior Metal Treating Company, Inc.
- Swift and Company
- Tarkio Molasses Feed Company
- Thompson-Hayward Chemical Company
- Trumbull Asphalt Company
- Truog Nichols, Inc.
- U.S. By-Products Corporation
- U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), Kansas City Office
- Union Carbide Corporation
- United Aluminum-Steel Corporation
- Veterans Affairs Hospital
- Vocational and Technical School
- W.S. Dickey Clay Manufacturing Company
- Ward Parkway Shops, Unit E‐8
- Western Ice and Cold Storage Company
- Westport and Waldo Railway
- William B. Knight
- Woodley Boiler & Welding Company
- Zenith Milling Company
Kansas City, Missouri Mesothelioma Doctors
We have compiled a list of mesothelioma doctors that practice within a 100-mile radius of Kansas City, Missouri. Click on a specific doctor link to obtain more information about their areas of expertise, background, professional affiliations, and office locations.
Prakash Neupane, M.D.
Chao Huang, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Mesothelioma Cancer Centers Near Kansas City
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma cancer centers located within a 100-mile radius of Kansas City, Missouri. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more detailed information about the resources available at each one.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center – Westwood
The University of Kansas Cancer Center – Missouri
04. Support Services
Patient Support Services Near Kansas City
The following cancer support services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma. Support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling.
Missouri Treatment Support Services
- Gilda’s Club
- Cancer Action
- Turning Point
- Friendship Inn
- Bear Paws Bed and Breakfast
- University of Kansas Cancer Center
- Assisted Transportation
- University of Kansas Health System
- Kansas University Medical Center
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing an Asbestos Lawsuit in Kansas City, Missouri
If you were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Kansas City, Missouri, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit to hold those responsible accountable. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Missouri. Contact a Missouri asbestos lawyer to learn more about how to file a mesothelioma lawsuit.
06. Law Firms
Legal Help in Kansas City, Missouri
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.