Columbus was officially founded in 1812 as the state capital, chosen for its central location and river access. Columbus was chartered as a town in 1816 and became a city in 1836. With railroad access beginning in 1850, Columbus began to develop as a manufacturing city and a union leader. German immigrants brought their tradition of beer making to Columbus, establishing the L. Hoster Brewing Company, Capitol Breweries, and August Wagner Breweries (Gambrinus Brewing and Bottling Company), among others. The Columbus Buggy Corporation, established in 1875, was foremost of a dozen buggy manufacturers, turning out a buggy every eight minutes at its peak. Both industries faded in Columbus, succumbing to Prohibition and the automobile, respectively, although Anheuser Busch still operates a brewery in Columbus, and a recent resurgence of interest in craft beers and microbreweries has led to preservation efforts in the city’s brewery district. Although manufacturing has declined somewhat, Columbus’s always diverse economy has allowed it to persevere through a severe flood in 1913 and several periods of recession.
Columbus has a lengthy and active history of industry and construction during a period when asbestos-containing materials were widely used. Workers exposed to asbestos may be at risk for mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. If you or a loved one were diagnosed with mesothelioma in Columbus, you may also benefit from seeking the advice of a mesothelioma lawyer.
01. Exposure Sites
Other Asbestos Exposure Sites in Columbus, Ohio
If you worked at any of these notable companies and/or job sites in Columbus, Ohio, you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma cancer.
Columbus, Ohio Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.C. Humko
- A.P. Green Industries
- ABITEC Corporation (ABFI)
- Allen Refractories Company
- American Electric Power (AEP Ohio)
- American Smelting and Refining Company (ASARCO, LLC)
- American Zinc Oxide
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery
- Armstrong Contracting and Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Asbestos Service Company
- Ashland Chemical
- Atlas Linen And Towel Service Company
- August Wagner Breweries, Inc.
- B & T Metals
- Bartholomew City Hospital
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Brown Steel Company
- Buckeye Malleable Iron and Coupler Company
- Buckeye Steel Castings Company
- Buel Gatterdam Company, Inc.
- Bushey Cotton Company
- Candlelite Homes, Lot 23
- Capital City Products Company
- Capitol Savings and Trust Company
- Carnegie Steel Company
- Carpenters Union – Local 100
- Case, Crane & Kilbourne Jacobs
- Central Aluminum Company
- Central Union Telephone Building
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Building
- Chittenden Hotel
- Clark Grave Vault Company
- Columbus Aircraft Division of Rockwell International
- Columbus Bank and Trust Company
- Columbus Bolt Works
- Columbus Buggy Company
- Columbus Central Railway Company
- Columbus Coated Fabrics Corporation
- Columbus Consolidated Street Railroad Company
- Columbus Department of Public Service
- Columbus Dispatch Building
- Columbus Edison Electrical Light Company
- Columbus Electric Light and Power Company
- Columbus Electric Railway Company
- Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts
- Columbus General Depot
- Columbus Iron and Steel Company
- Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Columbus Municipal Light Plant
- Columbus Oil Cloth Company
- Columbus Packing Company
- Columbus Railway Power and Light Company
- Columbus Sewage Pumping Station
- Columbus Shops
- Columbus Show Case Company (now CSC Worldwide)
- Columbus Southerly Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Columbus Southern Power Company
- Columbus St. School
- Columbus State Hospital
- Columbus Steel Erectors, Inc.
- Columbus Stove
- Columbus Street Railway Company
- Columbus Union Oil Cloth Company
- Columbus Warehouse
- Columbus Woolen Manufacturing Company
- Conklin Company, Inc.
- Continental Can Company (CCC)
- D & L Manufacturing
- David Davies Meat Packing Company
- Defense Construction Supply Center
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Delphi Interior & Lighting Systems
- Delphi Plant
- Delphi Technologies
- Dresser-Ideco Company
- Earl E. Bright, Inc.
- F. & R. Lazarus & Co.
- F. & R. Lazarus & Company
- F.W. Means & Company
- Federal Glass Company
- Fireproof Block Company
- Fisher Body Ternstedt Division of GMC
- Fitzpatrick and Hoepfner Company
- Flow-Matic, Inc.
- Forrest Towel Supply Company
- Franklin Plating & Polishing Company, Inc.
- G L and E Construction LLC
- Gas Turbine Station
- General Electric Company (GE)
- General Motors Company (GM)
- George J. Igel & Co., Inc.
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation
- Great Lake Coal Mining Company
- Gwinn Milling Company
- Harrop Ceramic Service Company
- Hartman Building
- Hayden Plant
- Henry Holtzman and Sons Company
- Huffman-Conklin Company
- Indianola Heating and Lighting Company
- Indianola Ice Company
- Industrial Furnace Supply Company
- Inland Steel Company
- J.F. Williams Milling Company
- Jackson Pike Wastewater Treatment Plant
- James A. Rhodes State Office Tower
- Janitrol Aero Division Aircraft Heaters
- Jay L. Angel, Inc.
- Jeffrey Manufacturing Company Erection Shop
- Jonathan Clark and Sons Company
- Jordan Mills, Inc.
- Junk Yard
- Kal Kan Foods, Inc.
- Kaylee Construction
- Kilbourne and Jacobs Manufacturing Company
- Kroger Grocery & Baking Company
- L. Hoster Brewing Company
- LeVeque Tower (American Insurance Union Building)
- Linmoor Middle School
- Lockbourne Air Force Base
- M & R Dietetic Laboratories, Inc.
- M.C. Lilley & Company
- Marion Franklin Community Center
- Mars, Inc.
- McCracken Power Plant
- Mercy Hospital
- Metal Forge Company
- Mount Carmel Health
- Mount Vernon Railroad
- New York Central Railroad
- Norfolk and Western Railway (N&W)
- North American Aviation
- North American Lead Company
- North American Rockwell Corporation
- Ohio and Texas Sugar Company
- Ohio Central Railroad (OHCR)
- Ohio Department of Administrative Services (DAS)
- Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT)
- Ohio Education Association
- Ohio Fuel and Gas Company
- Ohio Fuel Supply Company
- Ohio Institution for Feeble-Minded Youth
- Ohio Malleable Iron Company
- Ohio State Penitentiary
- Ohio State University
- Ohio Transmission Corporation
- One Columbus Center
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company
- P. Wayden Saddlery Hardware Company
- Parsons Elementary School
- Penn Central Avon Yards
- Pennsylvania Railroad
- Penrod Drywall
- Peruna Drug Manufacturing Company Building
- Peters Dash Company
- Picway Power Plant
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad (P.C.C. & St. L. Railroad)
- Plibrico Company, LLC
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base
- Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Ross Laboratories
- S.A. Esswein Heating & Plumbing Company
- Safety Service Products, Inc.
- Sanitary Plumbing Company
- Sauer Group, Inc.
- Shartle Brothers Machine Co.
- Smith Agricultural Chemical Company
- Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO)
- Southern Tractor Company
- Standard Chain Company
- The Central Market Street Railway Company
- The Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway (C. C. C & St. L.)
- The Defense Supply Center, Columbus (DSCC)
- The Westin Great Southern Columbus
- Timken Roller Bearing Company
- Troy Laundry Machinery Co., Ltd.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Columbus Field Office
- United Sheet Metal Company
- W.E. Swift and Company
- W.T. Burdell Trustee
- Western Electric Company
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
- White Cross Hospital
- Woodruff-Pausch Stone Co.
- Yost & Packard
Columbus, Ohio Mesothelioma Doctors
For your convenience, we have prepared the following list of mesothelioma doctors located within a 100-mile radius of Columbus, Ohio. To view more information about the doctor’s background, areas of expertise, professional affiliations and office locations, please click on the doctor detail link provided.
Edmund Folefac, M.D.
David P. Carbone, M.D.
Claire Verschraegen, M.D.
03. Cancer Centers
Mesothelioma Cancer Centers near Columbus, Ohio
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of mesothelioma cancer centers that are located within a 100-mile radius of Columbus, Ohio. Please click on a cancer center link to obtain more information about the clinical programs offered, areas of expertise and how to contact the cancer center.
The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
04. Support Services
Mesothelioma Patient Support Services near Columbus
Cancer support services for mesothelioma patients include patient transport, temporary housing, physical therapy and counseling. The following local services may be of help to you while you are receiving treatment for mesothelioma.
Ohio Treatment Support Services
- Saul and Saul, LLC
- Mind to Muscle Wellness LLC
- Hope Hollow
- Prestige Patient Transport
- Meda-Care Transportation, Inc.
- Cornerstone Physical Therapy
- Western Ohio Therapy Associates
05. Filing a Lawsuit
Filing an Asbestos Lawsuit in Columbus, Ohio
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos at a commercial, residential or military site in Columbus, Ohio, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t lose your right to file a claim. You must act quickly and file your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations for the state of Ohio.
06. Law Firms
Mesothelioma Lawyers Servicing Columbus, Ohio
Dean, Omar & Branham, LLP is a law firm dedicated to using the legal profession to make our community safer. When someone is badly hurt because someone else did not act reasonably, we are here to help provide whatever justice the legal system can give the family who has been wronged.
Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney and Meisenkothen is a national law firm recognized for its representation of over 3,000 hardworking men and women who have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma. ELSM’s experience in asbestos litigation spans four decades.
At The Gori Law Firm, we have handled hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of people throughout the United States. This experience allows us to choose jurisdiction in which to file your case based on many factors including but not limited to state of residence, jobsites, and previous and current employers.
As one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms, Simmons Hanly Conroy has a proven track record. Every mesothelioma lawyer at the firm is committed to helping families affected by mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.