01. Mesothelioma Treatment in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio Mesothelioma Treatment
Columbus residents impacted by mesothelioma can seek treatment from specialists in the city. Columbus is home to the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center. This center is known for offering innovative mesothelioma treatments and being active in cancer research.
Doctors at this center can develop personalized treatment options based on an individual’s unique case. They are also actively involved in research. This means the doctors may help patients access promising emerging treatments through clinical trials.
Cancer Centers for Mesothelioma Serving Columbus, Ohio
Mesothelioma patients in Columbus can seek care from a variety of cancer centers that serve the city and its surrounding areas.
In Columbus, the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center offers advanced mesothelioma treatment options, including heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC). HIPEC with surgery is a promising treatment option for peritoneal mesothelioma patients. There are also more than 300 cancer researchers at the center who continue to investigate other promising treatments.
Patients can also access support services at the center and other local facilities. For instance, patients and their loved ones may join support groups, seek spiritual care and more.
The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
02. Mesothelioma Doctors in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio Mesothelioma Doctors
The Columbus area is home to several top doctors who specialize in mesothelioma treatment. These doctors specialize in different types of mesothelioma such as peritoneal mesothelioma. They will develop individualized treatment options for a patient’s unique case. A personalized treatment approach can help extend the patient’s life expectancy.
Edmund Folefac, M.D.
David P. Carbone, M.D.
Claire Verschraegen, M.D.
03. Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio Mesothelioma Lawsuits
Mesothelioma lawyers can help victims of asbestos exposure in Columbus pursue legal action. Experienced mesothelioma lawyers are dedicated to helping mesothelioma patients pursue compensation to cover costs associated with their illness, as well as the hardships they have faced as a result of their diagnoses.
Individuals who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related illness might be entitled to mesothelioma compensation. Surviving loved ones of asbestos victims may also be eligible to take legal action.
Mesothelioma lawsuits have been filed by Columbus victims. Many plaintiffs have been awarded verdicts or received settlements for their medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. Individuals who have been injured by asbestos in Columbus and diagnosed with mesothelioma should contact a qualified mesothelioma lawyer to discuss their options.
Finding a Lawyer or Law Firm in Columbus, Ohio
If you were exposed to asbestos in Ohio at a commercial, residential or military site and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. Asbestos-exposure victims in Columbus should seek help from an experienced mesothelioma law firm. Mesothelioma lawyers can provide guidance to patients and their families throughout the filing process. These attorneys are experienced in handling Ohio mesothelioma lawsuits and have a comprehensive understanding of the Ohio laws that impact legal options.
Deadlines for Filing Mesothelioma Lawsuits in Columbus, Ohio
Mesothelioma lawsuits have filing deadlines, known as statutes of limitations. That means plaintiffs have a certain number of years after a diagnosis or wrongful death to file a lawsuit. An experienced asbestos lawyer can help ensure individuals file their lawsuits within the deadline.
Statutes of Limitations for Columbus
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related diagnosis.
Claims must be filed within 2 years after an asbestos-related death.
Victims may also have other filing options for compensation. For instance, individuals may be eligible to file an asbestos trust fund claim. These trusts are created by bankrupt asbestos companies to provide compensation for victims. An experienced lawyer can help individuals understand their eligibility.
Examples of clients served in Columbus include:
Occupations: Navy, Utility
Jobsites Worked at: Battelle Memorial Institute (1960 – 1962)
Jobsites Worked at: Dresser Industries (1960 – 1979)
Occupation: Plant worker
Jobsites Worked at: LAGR Inc. (2006 – 2007)
Jobsites Worked at: North American Aviation Corp. (1956 – 1959); Tom Igel Co. (1956)
04. Asbestos Use in Columbus
Asbestos Use in Columbus, Ohio
Columbus has always been known as an industrious city. It’s home to manufacturing facilities, steel mills, breweries and major educational facilities. Many of these industries and companies in Columbus are known for using asbestos. Other known exposure sites in the Columbus area include petroleum refineries, power-generating facilities and vermiculite-processing plants.
As a result, many workers were often unknowingly exposed to asbestos. Some have developed mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses.
Asbestos at Breweries in Columbus, Ohio
Several breweries are located in Columbus, including the Budweiser Brewery, August Wagner Breweries and the Anheuser Busch Brewery. Until around 1980, asbestos was used in buildings and equipment used to brew beer. Records show a number of brewing companies in Ohio used asbestos at their facilities.
At these breweries, asbestos was used in brewing filters that removed impurities from alcohol. Records show these filters may have contained up to 50% asbestos.
Facilities built before 1980 also likely contained various asbestos-containing construction materials, such as insulation. If buildings haven’t been renovated or undergone abatement, asbestos products may still linger at these sites.
Many workers at brewing companies in Columbus and nationwide risked asbestos exposure. Those working in older facilities may still risk exposure if asbestos products remain on site.
Columbus, Ohio Jobsites Where Asbestos Exposure Occurred
- A.C. Humko
- A.P. Green Industries
- ABITEC Corporation (ABFI)
- Allen Refractories Company
- American Electric Power (AEP Ohio)
- American Smelting and Refining Company (ASARCO, LLC)
- American Zinc Oxide
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery
- Armstrong Contracting and Supply Corporation (ACandS, Inc.)
- Armstrong Cork Company
- Asbestos Service Company
- Ashland Chemical
- Atlas Linen And Towel Service Company
- August Wagner Breweries, Inc.
- B & T Metals
- Bartholomew City Hospital
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Brown Steel Company
- Buckeye Malleable Iron and Coupler Company
- Buckeye Steel Castings Company
- Buel Gatterdam Company, Inc.
- Bushey Cotton Company
- Candlelite Homes, Lot 23
- Capital City Products Company
- Capitol Savings and Trust Company
- Carnegie Steel Company
- Carpenters Union – Local 100
- Case, Crane & Kilbourne Jacobs
- Central Aluminum Company
- Central Union Telephone Building
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Building
- Chittenden Hotel
- Clark Grave Vault Company
- Columbus Aircraft Division of Rockwell International
- Columbus Bank and Trust Company
- Columbus Bolt Works
- Columbus Buggy Company
- Columbus Central Railway Company
- Columbus Coated Fabrics Corporation
- Columbus Consolidated Street Railroad Company
- Columbus Department of Public Service
- Columbus Dispatch Building
- Columbus Edison Electrical Light Company
- Columbus Electric Light and Power Company
- Columbus Electric Railway Company
- Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts
- Columbus General Depot
- Columbus Iron and Steel Company
- Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Columbus Municipal Light Plant
- Columbus Oil Cloth Company
- Columbus Packing Company
- Columbus Railway Power and Light Company
- Columbus Sewage Pumping Station
- Columbus Shops
- Columbus Show Case Company (now CSC Worldwide)
- Columbus Southerly Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Columbus Southern Power Company
- Columbus St. School
- Columbus State Hospital
- Columbus Steel Erectors, Inc.
- Columbus Stove
- Columbus Street Railway Company
- Columbus Union Oil Cloth Company
- Columbus Warehouse
- Columbus Woolen Manufacturing Company
- Conklin Company, Inc.
- Continental Can Company (CCC)
- D & L Manufacturing
- David Davies Meat Packing Company
- Defense Construction Supply Center
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Delphi Interior & Lighting Systems
- Delphi Plant
- Delphi Technologies
- Dresser-Ideco Company
- Earl E. Bright, Inc.
- F. & R. Lazarus & Company
- F.W. Means & Company
- Federal Glass Company
- Fireproof Block Company
- Fisher Body Ternstedt Division of GMC
- Fitzpatrick and Hoepfner Company
- Flow-Matic, Inc.
- Forrest Towel Supply Company
- Franklin Plating & Polishing Company, Inc.
- G L and E Construction LLC
- Gas Turbine Station
- General Electric Company (GE)
- General Motors Company (GM)
- George J. Igel & Co., Inc.
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation
- Great Lake Coal Mining Company
- Gwinn Milling Company
- Harrop Ceramic Service Company
- Hartman Building
- Hayden Plant
- Henry Holtzman and Sons Company
- Huffman-Conklin Company
- Indianola Heating and Lighting Company
- Indianola Ice Company
- Industrial Furnace Supply Company
- Inland Steel Company
- J.F. Williams Milling Company
- Jackson Pike Wastewater Treatment Plant
- James A. Rhodes State Office Tower
- Janitrol Aero Division Aircraft Heaters
- Jay L. Angel, Inc.
- Jeffrey Manufacturing Company Erection Shop
- Jonathan Clark and Sons Company
- Jordan Mills, Inc.
- Junk Yard
- Kal Kan Foods, Inc.
- Kaylee Construction
- Kilbourne and Jacobs Manufacturing Company
- Kroger Grocery & Baking Company
- L. Hoster Brewing Company
- LeVeque Tower (American Insurance Union Building)
- Linmoor Middle School
- Lockbourne Air Force Base
- M & R Dietetic Laboratories, Inc.
- M.C. Lilley & Company
- Marion Franklin Community Center
- Mars, Inc.
- McCracken Power Plant
- Mercy Hospital
- Metal Forge Company
- Mount Carmel Health
- Mount Vernon Railroad
- New York Central Railroad
- Norfolk and Western Railway (N&W)
- North American Aviation
- North American Lead Company
- North American Rockwell Corporation
- Ohio and Texas Sugar Company
- Ohio Central Railroad (OHCR)
- Ohio Department of Administrative Services (DAS)
- Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT)
- Ohio Education Association
- Ohio Fuel and Gas Company
- Ohio Fuel Supply Company
- Ohio Institution for Feeble-Minded Youth
- Ohio Malleable Iron Company
- Ohio State Penitentiary
- Ohio State University
- Ohio Transmission Corporation
- One Columbus Center
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company
- P. Wayden Saddlery Hardware Company
- Parsons Elementary School
- Penn Central Avon Yards
- Pennsylvania Railroad
- Penrod Drywall
- Peruna Drug Manufacturing Company Building
- Peters Dash Company
- Picway Power Plant
- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad (P.C.C. & St. L. Railroad)
- Plibrico Company, LLC
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base
- Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Ross Laboratories
- S.A. Esswein Heating & Plumbing Company
- Safety Service Products, Inc.
- Sanitary Plumbing Company
- Sauer Group, Inc.
- Shartle Brothers Machine Co.
- Smith Agricultural Chemical Company
- Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO)
- Southern Tractor Company
- Standard Chain Company
- The Central Market Street Railway Company
- The Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway (C. C. C & St. L.)
- The Defense Supply Center, Columbus (DSCC)
- The Westin Great Southern Columbus
- Timken Roller Bearing Company
- Troy Laundry Machinery Co., Ltd.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Columbus Field Office
- United Sheet Metal Company
- W.E. Swift and Company
- W.T. Burdell Trustee
- Western Electric Company
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
- White Cross Hospital
- Woodruff-Pausch Stone Co.
- Yost & Packard