Iowa City, IA
Dr. Gerald H. Clamon
Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Gerald H. Clamon currently serves as professor of internal medicine at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. He earned his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. Clamon completed his residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri and fellowships at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa and the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
Dr. Clamon specializes in hematology, oncology, and blood and marrow transplantation. He is affiliated with the esophageal cancer, lung cancer, and head and neck cancer clinics at the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics—the only NCI-designated comprehensive center in the state of Iowa. Dr. Clamon is board-certified in both internal medicine and a subspecialty of medical oncology.
Clinical Research and Publications
Dr. Clamon’s research interests focus on non-small-cell lung cancer. His most recent publications include:
- Clamon G. Chemoprevention and screening for lung cancer: changing our focus to former smokers. Clin Lung Cancer. 2015 Jan;16(1):1-5. Epub 2014 Oct 2.
- Karp DD, Lee SJ, Keller SM, Wright GS, Aisner S, Belinsky SA, Johnson DH, Johnston MR, Goodman G, Clamon G, Okawara G, Marks R, Frechette E, McCaskill-Stevens W, Lippman SM, Ruckdeschel J, Khuri FR. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III chemoprevention trial of selenium supplementation in patients with resected stage I non-small-cell lung cancer: ECOG 5597. J Clin Oncol. 2013 Nov 20;31(33):4179-87. Epub 2013 Sep 3.
- Abu Hejleh T, Deyoung BR, Engelman E, Deutsch JM, Zimmerman B, Halfdanarson TR, Berg DJ, Parekh KR, Lynch WR, Iannettoni MD, Bhatia S, Clamon G. Relationship between HER-2 overexpression and brain metastasis in esophageal cancer patients. World J Gastrointest Oncol. 2012 May 15;4(5):103-8.
- Abu Hejleh T, Clamon G. Advances in the systemic treatment of leptomeningeal cancer. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2012 Mar;10(3):166-70.
- Aupérin A, Le Péchoux C, Rolland E, Curran WJ, Furuse K, Fournel P, Belderbos J, Clamon G, Ulutin HC, Paulus R, Yamanaka T, Bozonnat MC, Uitterhoeve A, Wang X, Stewart L, Arriagada R, Burdett S, Pignon JP. Meta-analysis of concomitant versus sequential radiochemotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2010 May 1;28(13):2181-90. Epub 2010 Mar 29.
Author: Linda Molinari
Editor in Chief, Mesothelioma Cancer AllianceRead about Linda
Reviewer: Annette Charlevois
Patient Support CoordinatorRead about Annette
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine