History of St. Luke’s Mountain States Tumor Institute
St. Luke’s Mountain States Tumor Institute (MSTI): Boise is part of the larger St. Luke’s not-for-profit health system, the only system of its kind in Idaho. The St. Luke’s MSTI network includes five cancer centers, of which Boise is the main location.
The St. Luke’s Mountain States Tumor Institute (MSTI): Boise location offers both adult and pediatric oncologic care. The center is the only in the state to offer a pediatric oncology program. The care team at Boise is proficient in medical and radiation oncology. Additionally, the center employs medical specialists with expertise treating thoracic cancers, including mesothelioma.
The cancer care provided not only effectively treats cancer but also focuses on easing symptoms and side effects while nurturing the emotional and mental sides of the patient.
St. Luke’s Mountain States Tumor Institute Specializations
- Blood and marrow transplant
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Radiation therapy
- Thoracic malignancies
- Thoracic surgery
St. Luke’s Mountain States Tumor Institute Accreditations
- Certification for High-Quality Cancer Care by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative
- Joint Commission Accreditation
- Five Star Quality Rating by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Accreditation by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)