The MCA BlogConnecting with others one story at a time
June is National Safety Month, and MCA is looking to keep you and your family safe when at home, at work, and taking part in all the warm weather fun. From pool parties and garage sales to at-home DIY projects, there’s something to look forward to for just about everyone.
Unfortunately, along with these highly anticipated activities and events often comes the need to exercise caution in order to avoid tragic accidents and hazardous materials.
Did You Know?
- More than 1 in 5 drowning victims are children ages 14 and under.
- According to the School Safety Alert program, most garden hoses are made with lead that can leach into the water, making it unsafe to drink.
- Swimming pools can contain germs that cause recreational water illnesses if proper precautions are not taken.
- Asbestos is not banned in the United States and may be present in your home.
- According to the EPA, more than 35 million homes in the U.S. contain asbestos.
- According to the American Academy of Dermatology, a tan means the skin cell has been damaged, which can lead to skin cancer.
We know things get busy when you’re knee-deep in a home renovation project, or preparing your house for a birthday or graduation party. To help you stay safe and sane, we’ve created a handy at-home Summer Safety Checklist. To print out, just right click to save to your desktop.
How do you stay safe in the summer? Let us know in the comments! And be sure to share our checklist with your friends, family, and neighbors.
Resources for Mesothelioma Patients and Their Families
- Request a Free Mesothelioma Treatment Guide
- Connect with Top Mesothelioma Doctors
- Locate the Nearest Comprehensive Cancer Center