This research study is evaluating a new method for determining stage and prognosis of individuals with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
|First Received Date||September 21, 2018|
|Last Changed Date||September 24, 2018|
|Start Date||October 31, 2018|
|Anticipated Primary Completion Date||January 1, 2022|
|Primary Outcome Measures||
Pre-treatment Prognostic Algorithm Validation [Time Frame: 4 years]
|Secondary Outcome Measures||
Evaluation of Molecular Tests Base on RNA Expression [Time Frame: 4 years]
|Study Arms / Comparison Groups||1 / 0|
The purpose of this research study is to test a new method for determining the stage and prognosis of patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma. Currently, it is not possible to accurately determine cancer stage prior to surgery or another treatment. This new method may allow doctors to better classify cancer stage and give a better estimate for prognosis prior to surgery or another treatment.
In this research study, the investigators would like to use biopsied tissue to study certain characteristics that will help test the new method for determining cancer stage and estimating prognosis.
In this research study, the investigators are...
- Obtaining pleural specimens at the time of routine diagnostic biopsy during the participant's standard treatment.
- Storing your biopsied tissue
- Studying the tissue to determine if the new method of staging and prognosis is accurate and valid
|Ages||18 Years - N/A|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
Raphael Bueno, MD
- All adult patients with a diagnosis of malignant pleural mesothelioma undergoing
- diagnostic pleural biopsy
- and/or VATS resections
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
-Any patient who is found to be unsuitable for
|Responsible Party||Principal Investigator|
|Sponsor||Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|
|Verification Date||September 2018|